• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 4, 2018
This is incredibly disingenuous. You know what that number is for Red Dead Redemption 2? 23% Control is at 28%. Doom 2016 is at 17%. Are those bad game's? Also, any title that's on GamePass is going to skew lower, due to the fact that people might be trying the game even if they're not interested in it. You used to have to make an upfront commitment (increasing your personal investment in completing the game) for games, but that's not the case anymore.
Yup, there's not a lot of people that finishes any given game.
On the bright side I noticed though that it means that when playing a game on Game Pass, if you like it and stick with it, the second half (or more) is rare achievements galore hahaha

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
I don't know why people think techland is going to be acquired ... there's already a lot of RPG studio so it doesn't make sense.

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know why people think MS is going to acquire Techland.

Techland is pretty much bigger than any other MS studio not named 343i and they have plenty of resources to keep working on their own games, they are just like CDPR but not as big and not traded publicly. They have over 400 employees and they also publish small games worldwide.

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018

Techland is pretty much bigger than any other MS studio not named 343i and they have plenty of resources to keep working on their own games, they are just like CDPR but not as big and not traded publicly. They have over 400 employees and they also publish small games worldwide.
and both have support from the Polish government so no then will not be acquired

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know why people think techland is going to be acquired ... there's already a lot of RPG studio so it doesn't make sense.

Can never have too many RPGS :P

Seriously though, MS could use talent in other areas. Looking at Asia would be a VERY smart thing to do next. A broad catalogue is critical for Game Pass.

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019

Playground Games in the future will be big as Techland.

The coalition is 350 employees on gears 5.

Pretty sure Rare with Everwild, Sea of thieves and Gregg mayles team will be 300 employees.

Artist on Halo Infinite : https://www.artstation.com/espo

I love Art station

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
I mean, they've only been open since January of 2017. Not to mention they have release one game (The Missing), have two on the way (The Good Life, Deadly Premonition 2: A Blessing in Disguise).

Then you have Swery himself, who was in charge of most notably D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die and Deadly Premonition. He's also been working in the industry since before 1996.

They would be a pretty safe and smart acquisition imo. Swery is also an awesome dude too, so I'd love to just see him be able to make games without having to worry about partnerships and funding.
I would add Futatsugi, Itagaki and Sakaguchi to that list.

Give each a small concept design team and 2 teams with ~ 100 people to develop and will have a stream of amazing Japanese experiences.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

I don't think anyone "thinks" so. People are just speculating, which is part of the fun.

Operating costs for a studio in Poland will be below industry-standard (and this is likely the main reason why this location is interesting). In addition, we have this:

Add the fact that Techland is a proven multi-team that delivers quality titles, I don't think it's that difficult to see at least from where the speculation is coming from.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Microsoft need regular releases for gamepass. Just because they have Obsidian etc. doesn't mean they don't need another studio making RPGs or another studio making a FPS. Games will take 2-5 years to make hitting different marks so it wouldn't surprise me if they bought another big studio or two or maybe even Bethesda and their studios have enough regular content. Not saying they'll get whoever they approach because a studio like Techland etc. might like to be independant

Banderdash

Chicken Chaser
Nov 16, 2017
Australia
I don't think anyone "thinks" so. People are just speculating, which is part of the fun.

Add the fact that Techland is a proven multi-team that delivers quality titles, I don't think it's that difficult to see at least from where the speculation is coming from.

Also, they just delayed a game... without giving a new date.
Could have been significantly rescoped with a larger budget...

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
EB had a listing of Street Fighter V championship edition for Switch? Seriously, if it's now also coming to switch there is nothing stopping them from releasing it for our favorite black (or white, in my case) box.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
EB had a listing of Street Fighter V championship edition for Switch? Seriously, if it's now also coming to switch there is nothing stopping them from releasing it for our favorite black (or white, in my case) box.
Nothing stopping them... Apart from Sony. I doubt it will come to switch. I have moved on now and looking towards SF6 instead.

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
So only 13% of the people that played Senua's Sacrifice on the Xbox platform completed the game?

6db5465be811fb902687f28d8f3033f6.png

I think that kinda speaks for itself in terms of gameplay quality.

Complitely normal.

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
Microsoft need regular releases for gamepass. Just because they have Obsidian etc. doesn't mean they don't need another studio making RPGs or another studio making a FPS.

inXile also focus primarily on RPGs, so I'd say MS are pretty well covered in that genre now. Two teams that are known for RPGs is a pretty good number.

Not that passing up a good opportunity to pick up a quality developer is a bad idea, but I don't think they need to focus on finding more RPG studios. There are other areas their catalogue could use some help in that would broaden their offerings.

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
Anyone else salty that Deadly Premonition 2 isn't coming to Xbox? I loved the first one for its weirdness, but won't buy a Switch just to play the sequel.

HBC_XL

Apr 19, 2018
Vancouver
inXile also focus primarily on RPGs, so I'd say MS are pretty well covered in that genre now. Two teams that are known for RPGs is a pretty good number.

Not that passing up a good opportunity to pick up a quality developer is a bad idea, but I don't think they need to focus on finding more RPG studios. There are other areas their catalogue could use some help in that would broaden their offerings.

Hasn't it been said that they aren't looking to fill gene holes, but are looking for good teams period? Plus, "The Outer World," "Gears Tactics" "Fable," and "Wasteland 3" are all RPGs that are very different in gameplay - more RPG studios ≠ more of the same games.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd be more open to a remake or remaster of Lost Odyssey rather than a sequel. Game deserves better than just 720p. Might be a bit tough if they don't have access the assets but after FF8 anything is possible.

Outside of that, I'd be open to a new IP from a JP studio.
The 360 BC game only needs to be enhanced to 4k. However if MS wants to make more money then they could remaster at 4k/60fps for Xbox and PC and put it on Game Pass. They could also consider porting it to Switch.

Sep 29, 2019
Motorcycles set in a large urban city open world with focuses on customization of both your bike and your character + rep building that can expand to you buying homes and shops around town ala FH4
kymco-supernex.jpg

Add fields, rolling hills and mountains into the open world and all types of bikes (trial, motocross, enduro, cafe racers...etc) with different types of events on and off road, hill climbs, freestyle... when can I a pre order?!

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
Thanks for your worthless reply. Go worry about something else.

How is my reply anymore wortheless than your reply? Why being so hostile?

Also with just 10 seconds of googling you could've find this.

www.resetera.com

Game Completion Rates Based On Achievements & Trophies - A In-depth Analysis

Following my other analysis thread I made a while back I was inspired by something else. As I enjoy gathering and collecting data I noticed both achievements and trophies have completion percentages for a while now. Now if you analyse these for all games you can gather information on how many...

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
How is my reply anymore wortheless than your reply? Why being so hostile?

Also with just 10 seconds of googling you could've find this.

www.resetera.com

Game Completion Rates Based On Achievements & Trophies - A In-depth Analysis

Following my other analysis thread I made a while back I was inspired by something else. As I enjoy gathering and collecting data I noticed both achievements and trophies have completion percentages for a while now. Now if you analyse these for all games you can gather information on how many...
It wasn't worthless. I informed you that others told me already but you decided to double down for no reason. I will google no such thing. Have a good day.

Conor

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Techland would be a no brainer if they were receptive to being acquired. They've been around for 25+ years, and in their last few releases have improved after each one. They seem very ambitious with what they're doing with DL2. I think it's a good idea to diversify first party into new regions aswell.

What other independent studios do people think would be a good addition?

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Banned
May 25, 2018
There is not a limit how many people can reply to you or say same thing. Most of these threads would be pretty empty and dull.

Have a nice day too.
Man you're something. They all told me the same thing. They were immediately after my original post as well. You didn't need to go looking for them. There's no way you weren't aware that many people told me the same thing. Yes these threads would be dull if 10 people couldn't point out the same statistical error.

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
Man you're something. They all told me the same thing. They were immediately after my original post as well. You didn't need to go looking for them. There's no way you weren't aware that many people told me the same thing. Yes these threads would be dull if 10 people couldn't point out the same statistical error.

I saw probably 2 or 3 posts before i replied to you, but i didn't read all posts on this thread before replying :)

CRZYSPZ

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Jan 3, 2018
Fargo, ND

Their publishing division actually closed down last year because of financial reasons iirc. Also, just a friendly reminder, Double Fine has published games and just recently closed their publishing division after being acquired.

Hasn't it been said that they aren't looking to fill gene holes, but are looking for good teams period? Plus, "The Outer World," "Gears Tactics" "Fable," and "Wasteland 3" are all RPGs that are very different in gameplay - more RPG studios ≠ more of the same games.
precisely. Matt has mentioned in the past that they don't have a quota and that they're not specifically look for genres. They are looking for talented teams to make great games. They can also fill genre gaps with Global Publishing or collaboration from their studios with externals (I.e. Gears Tactics, Battletoads).

They still need to update it for Double Fine and World's Edge.:(

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Banned
May 25, 2018
Their publishing division actually closed down last year because of financial reasons iirc. Also, just a friendly reminder, Double Fine has published games and just recently closed their publishing division after being acquired.

precisely. Matt has mentioned in the past that they don't have a quota and that they're not specifically look for genres. They are looking for talented teams to make great games. They can also fill genre gaps with Global Publishing or collaboration from their studios with externals (I.e. Gears Tactics, Battletoads).

They still need to update it for Double Fine and World's Edge.:(
Hopefully they will for the reveal event

Oct 26, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.