• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ffog

Feb 5, 2018
I somewhat agree with you here. I think that black AND green gives Xbox a premium look. Give me something like Pelochoman designs and it will be glorious.

Oh yes! YES!

A game where you create your character, a new discovered mutant. You can choose your powers and appearance, and there's factions who you could choose to align: Xavier X Man, Magneto Brotherhood, Thieves Guild, Government Sentinels, Apocalypse Worshipers and others.

Ohh it would be a dream game...
There are so many good factions, you can even add Morlocks, Hellfire Club, and then Shiar and space craziness (maybe just hint at that stuff to keep it mildly grounded). Have the overarching bad guy be Sentinels and mutant registration.

Hey Microsoft, Wake_Lestat and I are crushing game design here. Give us money.

Here's another great idea I have - an Obsidian (I'll accept InXile for this one though) made Gears RPG. New character, choose background as a COG, a Stranded or even UIR soldier. Explore some standard but rad Gears locations like destroyed cities, massive science facilities, military bases, catacombs etc. Kill Locust.

XVerdena

Oct 28, 2017
From the ori thread

Buckle up, folks, we went all out on this one. I can't wait to see all the streams and I hope we're gonna make all of you very happy with Ori and the Will of the Wisps. When we shipped Blind Forest, Moon Studios was still a fairly scrappy studio and the game was made by only 10-15 people. For Will of the Wisps, we had 3-4 times the amount of people working on it and some of the best talent in the industry joined in this time around too.

The proof is in the pudding, we'll have to wait for press and gamers to throw in their final verdict, but I'm pretty confident in what we built, especially given our recent playtests. It took us another 4+ years to build this game, it was damn hard, but I hope you'll all agree that all the labor was well worth it. I said very early on that our goal has always been for Will of the Wisps to become to Blind Forest what Super Mario Bros. 3 was to Super Mario Bros. 1 - We kept the core of Blind Forest alive, but tried to ship a much fuller experience this time around. I hope people will agree that it's a sequel similar to the ones Nintendo shipped in the past, Zelda 1 going to Zelda 3, etc. - Same core gameplay, but massively improved all around.

Now, I fully realize that this coming from the Creative Director of the game, it should all be taken with a grain of salt, but I think I've shown many times that I'm a no-bullshitter. I'm super excited while also a bit nervous... But I think we did well and I can't wait to see you all laugh and cry again :)

T0kenAussie

Jan 15, 2020
There are so many good factions, you can even add Morlocks, Hellfire Club, and then Shiar and space craziness (maybe just hint at that stuff to keep it mildly grounded). Have the overarching bad guy be Sentinels and mutant registration.

Here's another great idea I have - an Obsidian (I'll accept InXile for this one though) made Gears RPG. New character, choose background as a COG, a Stranded or even UIR soldier. Explore some standard but rad Gears locations like destroyed cities, massive science facilities, military bases, catacombs etc. Kill Locust.
The Gears RPG should be in the vain of outer worlds or j2tsp. Trying to seed a new world and you Aquire gear as a power up instead of levels. Chance for new biomes, enemies and you can time set it away from the regular saga so both games don't have to retcon lore for each other

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
We need some new big rumors

I got you bruh.

I heard from a very relatable source that Platinum 4 is Scalebound revived as a multi-platform game for PC, Xbox One and Series X, and PS4 and 5, though none of the co-op focus from its debut remains. After revealing this and once Kickstarter campaigns have concluded for the other 3 projects, Platinum will reveal that all 4 games will be coming to Xbox and to Game Pass, though Wonderful 101 will be coming to Xbox later than other platforms, partially to make sure Kickstarter backers don't feel cheated.

I've also heard that the Initiatives game is Perfect Dark, multiplayer was being developed by the Coalition, but has since been mostly scrapped. Some of the design may be reworked in to a new game mode for Gears 5.

Additionally, Microsoft will soon announce they're acquiring both Mistwalker (and Dawnwalker) and Hajima Tabitas JP Games, both of which will be developing two different new Lost Odyssey games for Xbox. One numbered sequel and one spin off.

Also, Warner Brothers will announce a Samurai Jack game soon, possibly on the Xbox stage at E3.

I'm joking. Or am I?

Ffog

Feb 5, 2018
The Gears RPG should be in the vain of outer worlds or j2tsp. Trying to seed a new world and you Aquire gear as a power up instead of levels. Chance for new biomes, enemies and you can time set it away from the regular saga so both games don't have to retcon lore for each other
Hmm not sure about this. For me the incentive of a Gears RPG would be to explore the world and characters that you've come to know during the games. If you are worried about overlapping story with the games set it in a time the games haven't had. Like between 3 and 4 when Anya is the First Minister. Or during the UIR war.
Putting that on a new planet with new characters, gear and enemies may as well be a new IP.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
How wild would it be if Sony San Diego comes out with the best looking Series X game to date when MLB 21 drops?

I can't wait for the DF video of a baseball game lol
next gen mlb the show will look amazing and yet they will still have awful player models with the shoulders of American football player wearing pads. They said they were re-doing them when they were moving from ps3 to ps4, nope lol. Anyway, not really a xbox studio topic so I'll leave it at that. Just glad I won't have to buy a playstation for one game anymore.

Deleted member 62280

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 18, 2019
I didn't even know the green and black Xbox Js were for sale? I would have loved to grab them for less than $1,000. They are good looking shoes but something tells me this thing with Jordan's being teased may be more than just shoes.

Sep 19, 2019
Hamburg- Germany
I didn't even know the green and black Xbox Js were for sale? I would have loved to grab them for less than $1,000. They are good looking shoes but something tells me this thing with Jordan's being teased may be more than just shoes.

That Jordan thing could be the Bleeding Edge collab. There are already Jordans with Bleeding Edge but not for sale yet and since the tease is in red I can see that coming.

Edit:

NT flexing with the 3 TGA awards and 5 BAFTA's in the background. Also, Bleeding Edge themed sneakers and a Hellblade sword :D

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2019
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I always wanted a Gears game set in the first weeks of E-Day. Open the game with a emotional tone, where the player is working / shopping and then a hole opens on the ground and hell breaks loose. The main character being a civilian who have to survive and escape the city, scavenging ammo and weapons from battlefield of COG V Locusts, maybe put some cameos (for example being evacuated by Dom Team before he freed Marcus from prison). RPG mechanics like weapon specializations (increases the more you use a weapon, you can only specialize in 3 weapons, increasing your damage, accuracy and critical with them), Cover Perk (increases your damage protection while using covers with each point spent, you can start creating your own covers while fighting, using ATMs, tables, etc)...

Gears world is rich in possibilities to do amazing spin offs.

Super Havoc

Banned
Aug 24, 2018
The Haven

You all are making my argument for me now that having the X-Men license would be worth it's weight in gold. There are so many viable ways to use them and in so many genres.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
I can't believe people are talking about having Obsidian work on an RPG in a Microsoft-owned franchise that isn't called "Shadowrun" .

To me that's an absolute no-brainer, especially with Cyberpunk being the new trend.

TornRaptor

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Australia
I always wanted a Gears game set in the first weeks of E-Day. Open the game with a emotional tone, where the player is working / shopping and then a hole opens on the ground and hell breaks loose. The main character being a civilian who have to survive and escape the city, scavenging ammo and weapons from battlefield of COG V Locusts, maybe put some cameos (for example being evacuated by Dom Team before he freed Marcus from prison). RPG mechanics like weapon specializations (increases the more you use a weapon, you can only specialize in 3 weapons, increasing your damage, accuracy and critical with them), Cover Perk (increases your damage protection while using covers with each point spent, you can start creating your own covers while fighting, using ATMs, tables, etc)...

Gears world is rich in possibilities to do amazing spin offs.
Wow I would love a game like that. Sounds fantastic. There is obviously so many more stories that could be told in the Gears universe.

Kolbe1894

Oct 25, 2017
This so much. But doesn't EA still have SW deal with Disney. Maybe after it ends
Umm about that...i just checked some old news and find this.
www.polygon.com

Why your favorite devs (probably) don’t want to make a Star Wars game

Licensed games only make sense for very specific teams
EA signed a 10-year deal with Disney in 2013, sewing up the license to make Star Wars exclusively.
Maybe MS can sign a deal with Disney and target Kotor 3 in 2023.
I mean we don't need another exclusively deal about Star Wars games, EA can still make more Battlefront and Respawn's Star Wars, i just want to see another Kotor.

Neural

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
And Deadpool. He's part of the X-Family. If MS can land a license agreement about the whole X-characters, a Deadpool action game made by Ninja Theory's DmC team would be so good.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
MS should pay to remaster New Vegas in the FO4 engine and add in new and cut locations like Legion territory and expand New Vegas and Freeside. Make the greatest game ever made that much better.

hav7n

Apr 2, 2018
MS should pay to remaster New Vegas in the FO4 engine and add in new and cut locations like Legion territory and expand New Vegas and Freeside. Make the greatest game ever made that much better.

I am pretty sure this is the first thing to happen after MS acquire Bethesda.

Won't be long.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
I think going away from the 3rd person action shooter and having another "method or gameplay loop" could do wonders. Especially if they are trying to capture some of the crowd that swears by 3rd person cinematic experience. Gears can literally have Horror/Survival involved when you're not a Gears with all of the weapons available to you.

Oct 27, 2017
Those green jordan 1's were friends and family only so they weren't actually for sale.

this jordan thing is either a console like usual or a sneaker to be revealed during All Star weekend

let's just hope that it's a retro model

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
Out of curiosity, with Dreams doing super well with reviewers, why did Project Spark garner more mixed reviews and only last a couple years? Was it too rudimentary, too complex, released at the wrong time?

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
Dear god no. MS should pay to remaster New Vegas in Unreal Engine 4, The Creation Engine/Gamebryo 2.0 is like a house held together by ducktape in a hurricane. One wrong move and it all comes crashing down (see the difficulties FO76 had).

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished Asobo's A Plague Tale: Innocence. What an amazing experience! Definitely one of the best story driven games out there and it has one horrifying set piece that I don't think I've seen any game ever come close to. Highly recommend it to anyone looking for a great game to play on Game Pass.

I'm on the final chapter now, and I've really enjoyed it. Brilliant game from Asobo.

MS shouldn't sleep on this studio.. these guys will do special things in the future

I can't believe people are talking about having Obsidian work on an RPG in a Microsoft-owned franchise that isn't called "Shadowrun" .

To me that's an absolute no-brainer, especially with Cyberpunk being the new trend.

I know right, we must be such a small part of the audience for them to completely ignore Shadowrun. So much potential Obsidian could unlock here.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
I'm on the final chapter now, and I've really enjoyed it. Brilliant game from Asobo.

MS shouldn't sleep on this studio.. these guys will do special things in the future

I know right, we must be such a small part of the audience for them to completely ignore Shadowrun. So much potential Obsidian could unlock here.

I think it's the fact that the IP came from a tabletop RPG (though I found out about it from the tie-in novels) that's contributing to the obscurity.

I mean the pitch of "Cyberpunk meets hardcore D&D-style magic" should be writing itself. But its only outing in a major spotlight was a class-based multiplayer FPS, which, while having some original ideas, did nothing to actually explain the richness and potential of the setting. Doing a AAA RPG in the setting would also be very ambitious, because of all the stuff that can be involved with the variation across metaraces, and classes.

Which is why I think it would be a perfect IP to combine with the Alpha Protocol template- relatively short, small-scope, high replayability stories set in the universe, rather than trying to make one huge, living breathing Seattle, or Tokyo, or New Berlin, or Hong Kong, or the Denver Free Zone.

No one's really topped Obsidian when it comes to branching narrative, and Alpha Protocol was the epitome of that. Throw Shadowrun's variability into the mix... and you've got a set of my dream games.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
I wonder what other Japanese games we've been missing out on we can expect to come to Xbox. Trials of Mana? I'd love to see that come to Xbox but do far it's only PS4 and Switch. We know Phil cringes everytime a game skips Xbox and it's clear he's doing his best.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
I'm going to try to sound as little dramatic as possible with this but its something I want to be open about. I've been thinking about it for the last weeks/months and I'm simply not enjoying the site as much as I want to enjoy it. I'll definitely be there for the BE/WL3 and Tactics OTs (and maybe something cool to end the year with 😉 ). I've thoroughly enjoyed my time in this OT and, of course, this community for the past two years ever since I joined ERA. Even though the creation of the Gears 5 OT went pretty hectic, I was incredibly happy to see the reception to something I poured hard work into. I just hope that my love for this community re-ignites by taking it back several steps.

🍻

Also sorry if I killed your bandwidth with the Gears 5 OT. Maybe I should've brought it up sooner though but hey better late than never am I right!

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
Gotta say I'm worried about 5G. Coverage for real 5G (mmWave) is gonna be suspect at best since AT&T and Verizon are putting low effort into it and without it you aren't getting 10 gigabit speeds. I think it's too soon for Xbox to make any type of decisions based on it.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017

I can't imagine a more upsetting idea than Obsidian or inXile making more Gears of War games.

Obsidian alone has four IPs of their own creation from the last five years (Pillars of Eternity, Tyranny, The Outer Worlds, and Grounded). Let them be, man.

A major reason these studios were acquired were to let Microsoft release games that aren't Halo/Gears/Forza. Tim Schafer's cameo at E3 says it all lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.