• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
"Event" might be embellishing what's coming next just a little bit. But think it might be a nice appetizer.

Deleted member 51306

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 27, 2018
Have their been any real rumors about Asobo or is it just speculation on this thread due to their relationship with Microsoft? The reason I ask is because I started A Plague Tale and I've really enjoyed it so far. I'm probably about a third of the way through the game. It's not without its flaws but I definitely think some of that comes down to budget. The environments look really good and the story has kept me engaged so far. I think they'd be a pretty great pickup for MS.

Deleted member 29157

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
With it being a digital event, they don't need much lead time as they usually do with in person events. They can announce it they day before if they really wanted.
My thoughts exactly. You could announce it friday and have it sunday. No one needs to travel and (hopefully) everyone is inside. Whole world is watching.
Jesus that GWG is just dire.
I'll never understand this. They aren't bombastic but won't ever complain about games getting added to my library through as subscription I'm already going to pay for. Oh well.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
It is in line of abit more hardware talk and lets say two showings. When the real event is still arround E3.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm assuming Shinobi is referring to the rumored event on the 29th or 30th as an 'appetizer' compared to the event in May.

Eamon

Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020
"Event" might be embellishing what's coming next just a little bit. But think it might be a nice appetizer.

Huh. I'd find it a little disappointing if it was just another press release or something on that scale. I'm not sure what I am expecting for these Xbox spring/summer events, but I was hoping for a well produced video with Phil introducing the announcements. I certainly hope they avoid the webcam look of the Stadia Connect today (and especially from the most recent Inside Xbox).

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Showing off next gen games along with XSS seems weird but I'll take anything at this point

On the contrary, I can imagine it could actually work pretty well. Imagine they do a mini event where they show some amazing looking and crazy games (that have graphics not really possible this gen) and then after showing them off saying "oh, and these games are not even running on Series X, they are running on Xbox Series S." I have to imagine something like that would shut up all the naysayers and would also just be a pretty cool mic drop moment

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There might be a lot to show of Halo so maybe we get a deep dive of sorts, beta announcement, behind the scenes and an introduction to Fable and what Playground are aiming to do with a studio behind the scenes as well. I would take two vidocs like that with some gameplay. Might be a decent format going forward, game reveal, behind the scenes, gameplay from all their studios who have something to show and a sort of big event with them and 3rd parties for the replacement E3 digital event were they can show the usual trailers, demo reels, hardware, price etc.

Levitates

Apr 9, 2020
Brazil
I wouldn't be surprised if Lockhart end up being called Series E.

Series X is a console made for gaming enthusiasts, who can clearly distinguish it from the One X. No Problems.

Lockhart will attract more casuals, that can easily confuse Series S and One S... unless MS discontinues One S too.

That last ugly-ass X360 model was called Xbox 360 E...So E is in the Xbox alphabet too :)

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
Let's just hope 343 doesn't make another Jul M'Dama, killed in a non-playable cutscene after hyping him up through multiple stories and the entire Spartan Ops adventure.

Yeah, let's hope so. 'Mdama went out like a chump after all that build-up.

They did that for Zune back in the days where you would get a spotify like service, and you got to keep one or two albums each monther.

IIRC, it was 10 songs a month. As a Zune Pass subscriber in the UK, I was always a bit miffed that that part of the sub never left North America :(

Ok, I'm ready, let's go.

LDjv7Qx.gif

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
I actually take that comment to mean that there are no "events" in may, just a continuation of the communication and some teases. I'm bummed.

Showing Halo:Infinite definitely wouldn't be an "appetizer".

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
I wouldn't be surprised if Lockhart end up being called Series E.

Series X is a console made for gaming enthusiasts, who can clearly distinguish it from the One X. No Problems.

Lockhart will attract more casuals, that can easily confuse Series S and One S... unless MS discontinues One S too.

That last ugly-ass X360 model was called Xbox 360 E...So E is in the Xbox alphabet too :)

Hmm, so you're telling me that in the 'Xbox Alphabet', we have:

An S

An E

And an X...

:thinkingemoji:

Shinobi is already married.

:D

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
On the contrary, I can imagine it could actually work pretty well. Imagine they do a mini event where they show some amazing looking and crazy games (that have graphics not really possible this gen) and then after showing them off saying "oh, and these games are not even running on Series X, they are running on Xbox Series S." I have to imagine something like that would shut up all the naysayers and would also just be a pretty cool mic drop moment
Yea, I'd say the best way to reveal Series S is by showing what it's capable of.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I actually take that comment to mean that there are no "events" in may, just a continuation of the communication and some teases. I'm bummed.

Showing Halo:Infinite definitely wouldn't be an "appetizer".

If Phil Spencer honestly said that games are coming soon and then Xbox didn't show games in May then their messaging is bad.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017

Alright. With this info i expect hardware announcement that will be used for commercials. announcements of lockhart series.
will showcase 2 new games with next-gen profile. 1 or 2 current games with series x enhancements.

then the big show in june with a bunch of games, games games.

how close am i? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.