• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Another WB game besides Batman, HP and Rocksteady?.... Can you drop a hint? Is it supposed to be a big game?

Hah, I don't want to be looked at as an insider here or anything, all I'm saying is there are other WB studios.

There's plenty of crap and negativity from people around this event, even in this thread, but it makes the positive excitement even more contagious, couldn't help myself to join in on it.

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
I don't mean to upset people with my negative sentiments about Halo, I'm just a pessimistic person at heart tbh and want the franchise to be what it once was. I have a lot of faith in the people running Xbox nowadays, and I think they know more than anyone how important Infinite is.

Well to be fair, you did spend a lot of time lost in the Hellmouth. That'd give anyone a bleak outlook on the universe.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Hah, I don't want to be looked at as an insider here or anything, all I'm saying is there are other WB studios.

There's plenty of crap and negativity from people around this event, even in this thread, but it makes the positive excitement even more contagious, couldn't help myself to join in on it.
I understand. I've leaked other WB stuff on here before and had people hounding me for weeks. I just knew about some of their plans and didn't hear about a game possibly being at one of these conferences, so I was curious.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
So, any updated thoughts on Lockheart? Could we possibly see it next week? I feel like there have been enough hardware-related hints about it recently to suggest it might make an appearance. Just because the main event is the Series X gameplay next week doesn't mean they can't also reveal their Lockheart plans.
Probably won't see it till they are ready to announce a price. So it will be the last big thing, it will come at the same time as the price, pre-ordering and launch date for series x.

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
Everyone seems to be on one lane or the other, but I am super stoked by this idea. What do we still hear till this day about Xbox "no games!" Right? If they have enough games to fill next week with just global partners, then do another show with just first party that means our patience has finally paid off I am super stoked for this!!
Also I wonder how many of the games next week will be second party titles?

I would guess they keep second party games for the summer event, personally.

To me, lock these games in for the event:
Halo Infinite
Hellblade II
Everwild
Fable
Initiative's debut game
Forza of some kind from Turn 10
A game or two from global publishing
Maybe more on Project Mara
Maybe AoE IV

Also, any thoughts on if they announce more studio acquisitions? What do you all anticipate to see?

That's quite a good list. As far as other stuff, I'm expecting some major announcements that have nothing to do with next gen games. Examples:
- pricing/launch date
- update on where back compat will go during next gen
- Game Pass Ultimate additional perks
- potential dropping XBLG?? Or at least the free to play issue
- update to design lab for new controllers
- new studios if any
- additional games coming from traditionally PS-only series (I'm not expecting Persona, but that kind of thing)
- deals with publishers to put some or all games on game pass, maybe some for day 1 launches, etc.
- xCloud launch details and service pricing details
- any updates to ID@Xbox or Creators Program for next gen

They have a ton to talk about!

Just made this point in the other thread as well: Lockhart is likely to turn up in the summer event, so focusing on Microsoft's own games then will allow them to show comparisons with games running across both devices without having to worry about 3rd parties not showing their games at their very best, and without Microsoft worrying about one of their partners turning up with a bad port.

Yeah that seems logical.

So, there we go:

May 7 - Xbox Series X third-party showcase

June E3 Week - Lockhart Reveal

Summer Event - Xbox Game Studios showcase. Halo Infinite, Forza M8, Fable, Perfect Dark and other surprises. Also pricing and launch date.

Good point too, I could see them dropping Lockhart separately with an accompanying DF article and demo. Save time at "E3" for games, Game Pass, pricing etc.

papahefe

Apr 29, 2018
I'm so in for their strategy to have multiple events focusing on next-gen games. Third parties get their spotlight and they can decorate a lot of it with smart delivery for many of these titles. Also hoping for some more ports from Japanese studios or newly announced games. Having a first party showcase later really shows the confidence XGS has in their brand and content going forward. Let's do that after Sony has shipped their big guns so the attention really is on what's next for both.

Next gen hype is here for me at least! :)
Right there with ya buddy! All aboard the hype train! I love how they've chosen to roll this out, from the game awards to this and beyond.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
I understand. I've leaked other WB stuff on here before and had people hounding me for weeks. I just knew about some of their plans and didn't hear about a game possibly being at one of these conferences, so I was curious.

I honestly have no idea if anything will be at either of these conferences, I just know WB had E3 plans and to me these shows are good opportunities to show off some of the stuff they would have done at E3, especially if Microsofts summer event is primarily first party. This and Sonys show are gonna be their best chances.

Saci do PXB

Nov 12, 2017
I understand some, if not all the grumble about the "marketing of the next showcase of games" is just because some people are frustrated that one or two 1st party games they are dying to see won't be shown next week. And all the teases let them dream about these games, and now they're furious they'll need to wait. And wait more than they thought.

Well, I just want to see XSX in action. Even with cross-gen games. It will be a really "appetizer".

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017

O0o0o0o0o0 shiiii

I'd love to see games like open world Harry Potter title soon!

4f0cce35f20654371d0e00a8b8035db81e86a83dr1-600-338_hq.gif
890bc4785dfab61cb94d180c6315482794f8fb18r1-600-338_hq.gif

7ee032068cfb24087c93bd8008d31e2a

UpwardRapier

Jan 22, 2020
I'm not disappointed about a non first party xbox event, I feel we should be lucky to have a mini E3 next week this early for anyone dieing for next gen news and gameplay, But I am disappointed that we might not see any first party games til july potentially. Other than that I'm exited to see what the Series X can do!

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
Man, next Thursday is gonna be great. First next-gen gameplay footage, new reveals, I'll probably make something nice for dinner.

It's all coming up Milhouse.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
One thing is for sure....very exciting times ahead. We're gonna see what third party developers have been able to do with that badboy, being the XSX.

Then in June we get the Sony event, admittedly I'm not that hyped for it because I'm just not a huge Sony fan (still planning on getting PS5 soon after XSX) and then July or August the XGS event.

Who wins? Gamers!

I have a feeling there will be something xsx related in june??

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
Why not buildup towards launch rather than show everything and then wait?
I'm not against Spreading your news throughout the year up to the launch Day

all i'm say when show 3P only when you can have both and know the Covid you can do stream without needing for Physical event

Tomacco

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not against Spreading your news throughout the year up to the launch Day

all i'm say when show 3P only when you can have both and know the Covid you can do stream without needing for Physical event
Because they have to hedge there bets against Sony showing games that are 3-4 years out like the "E3 of dreams".

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly have no idea if anything will be at either of these conferences, I just know WB had E3 plans and to me these shows are good opportunities to show off some of the stuff they would have done at E3, especially if Microsofts summer event is primarily first party. This and Sonys show are gonna be their best chances.
I agree. The silence on my end is just... not convincing lol Could be because of the quarantine that info isn't getting passed around as much, but if any WB games were to show up I should've known by now.

Oct 25, 2017
Guys, the event is next week, wouldn't you rather be surprised than ask a million and a half questions about what will be there? We can all wait 7 days.

Last edited:

roly82

Apr 2, 2019
A Harry Potter game like Destiny semi MMO in Hogwarts (and adding Quidditch with tournaments) would be an insta-hit. PvE missions, PvP... A dream comes true.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
I'm not disappointed about a non first party xbox event, I feel we should be lucky to have a mini E3 next week this early for anyone dieing for next gen news and gameplay, But I am disappointed that we might not see any first party games til july potentially. Other than that I'm exited to see what the Series X can do!

yeps

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
i'm not following them...

all i said it bad marketing strategy for a Platform Holder Focus on the third party first on their next Gen launch year....

you should read my first post

and if i'm annoying add me to your Ignore list
Far more people buy consoles for CoD, Fortnite, FIFA, Battlefield, annual sports franchise, than exclusives. Showcasing 3rd party first - and mentioning that Xbox is the best place to play these - is the optimal approach.

Deleted member 51306

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 27, 2018
I think this is a more intelligent move personally. Xbox is giving third parties a platform to show off their new games which probably means they have the marketing deals with those games. Maybe it's Madden, FIFA Assassins Creed, Cyberpunk and maybe Batman or even Call of Duty ( though I doubt Sony gives up that marketing deal ) that means every commercial or ad or YouTube video you see of these games it's going to be followed by "Plays best on Series X" or something like that. What I'm trying to say is yes we are all excited for first party but I think this is a smart marketing move.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
I hope at one of these events or maybe a separate one where they go into BC and how it works on Series X. Would love to see some side by side games where they show the Xbox One version, Xbox One X version and the Series X version for Xbox One games, then the same for 360 BC games. This same event can be where they go into the other features such as the multi-suspend game feature, UI etc. This May event for 3rd party games, June event for 1st party games, July event for BC and Series X deep dive/features etc.

Tupper

Jul 15, 2019
Woo. Looks like some excitement coming next week! Good stuff. Almost thought about taking work off since it's right when I'm working.

One thing I see brought up is the marketing of Microsoft and how some people are unhappy or "concerned". I have some thoughts on this I'd like to share.

Microsoft has a new marketing paradigm due to Game Pass. The old method was about marketing months before a game releases to get people to pre-order. For a subscription service, you market close to release of your new hot thing because people only want to subscribe to a service when the the thing they want to subscribe for is available. If you noticed with Gears 5, having Game Pass at the end of trailers was the stinger and why it was marketed closer to release. Gears 5 marketing was not to get you to buy Gears 5 but to sub to Game Pass.

That being said, Microsoft is still going to show games early so you know they have content coming but the actual marketing of their individual games will be closer to release of said game.

This is also why it is important for 3rd parties to have the earlier event because they are still trying to sell pre-orders as it is most likely they will not be on Game Pass day one. They need that lead time.

I'm probably preaching to the choir in here, but it kind of bugs me this is even a thing that is viewed as a negative.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
Just my luck... I have a work meeting as soon as this starts lol. Ah well, should be a quick meeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.