• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I found a copy of Control for Xbox One for around $22. Is it worth grabbing now or waiting for the Xbox Series X version? Like any guesses as to whether or not Remedy will patch Control for XSX or do an entirely separate release?
Very likely Remedy will have a XSX upgrade/enhancement patch.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
Great OT. I don't know if this was said in the previous OT but the banner for the Age of Empires studio is wrong (should say World's Edge?) and we are missing AOE3DE, which already is having insiders test it.

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
Idk why Execution Mode keeps getting passed over for these... odd OT titles. But the effort on the thread is appreciated :)

Since I say this every thread, would be cool to reorder the studios alphabetically so it still starts with Halo (343) but reads more like a coherent group instead of "originals" and "acquisitions".

CRZYSPZ

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Jan 3, 2018
Fargo, ND
New OT?
giphy.gif

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
I don't think I can wait until June for more Halo. I know we've already been waiting a while but I need it now. I NEED IT.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
Honestly guys, not that it already wasn't, but Gamepass is huge deal going forward. The economy isn't going to recover anytime soon from COVID-19 though I hope it does. But come November, the ability to walk in and out with just a console and a ready made library of titles is invaluable. $400 to $500 is a tough pill to swallow on its own, but then an additional $120 for 2 games? People aren't gonna have it. I'm hoping in light of things Microsoft is working with devs to get bigger games day one on Gamepass even if it's for a minimum term.

Tupper

Jul 15, 2019
New thread! Can't wait for more Psychonauts 2 info!

(and all the other awesome games XGS are cooking up)

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
Let's go !

Velocity architecture combined with DirectML & RT 👀

Some people will love to see it 👌

We eating Gucci this gen xfans.

XGS - Publishing 😎 Lot of surprise 👌

OP
OP
Figments

Figments

Spencer’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
California
Updated with the latest info. Should be good to go on that front.

The World's End banner does need to be updated, but I pinged Pelochoman about it so we'll see. Don't want to put anything on them seeing as this was done out of passion.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
Hey I have a silly question. I was just watching Austin Evans video on the XSX and then the PS5 and at some point he said the XSX will have 1 of the CPU cores dedicated to other tasks. Can anybody explain this? I assumed al 8 were for games. Also, I assume the same general setup applies for the PS5 right? The same amount of Zen 2 cores for games?

Sorry to ask.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
Hey I have a silly question. I was just watching Austin Evans video on the XSX and then the PS5 and at some point he said the XSX will have 1 of the CPU cores dedicated to other tasks. Can anybody explain this? I assumed al 8 were for games. Also, I assume the same general setup applies for the PS5 right? The same amount of Zen 2 cores for games?

Sorry to ask.

You gotta have something running the OS in the background. That doesn't run for free.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
I knew I wasn't technically savvy but I'm worse than I thought I suppose. I thought the OS was handled by the RAM and SSD.

The OS will be stored on the SSD. When you first open your XSX, you won't have 1TB of available space because the OS will probably be taking up 150GB, leaving you with 850GB to download games on (just spitballing those numbers).

You still need the CPU to actually utilize that OS data, otherwise it's just sitting there. I'm far from an expert myself, I'm sure someone could explain it all better.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Excited but anxious for what comes next. I fear a lot of development will be hindered by the virus. Obviously health and safety come first but I think we need to prepare for the chance that our expectations for this year might not play out quite as obviously as they would have before.

Steelyuhas

Oct 27, 2017
The OS will be stored on the SSD. When you first open your XSX, you won't have 1TB of available space because the OS will probably be taking up 150GB, leaving you with 850GB to download games on (just spitballing those numbers).

You still need the CPU to actually utilize that OS data, otherwise it's just sitting there. I'm far from an expert myself, I'm sure someone could explain it all better.
The Guide UX, friends list, invites, party chats, messaging, screenshots, recording game clips. All those platform-level services that interact with games require CPU compute to run.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
Want to put in a plug for Age of Empires 2 DE. "Hidden Cup 3" is the largest AOE tournament in 20 years, and it's going on right now. 50k prize pool. T90Official has been streaming it on Twitch, it's had as many as 30k viewers during times I was following it.

I don't know if that's big or not in the streaming world, but 30,000 people watching a 20+ year old game seems pretty awesome. DE really brought back a lot of enthusiasm for the series - exactly what Microsoft was hoping for.

The Guide UX, friends list, invites, party chats, messaging, screenshots, recording game clips. All those platform-level services that interact with games require CPU compute to run.

What this guy said, McScroggz. :)

T0kenAussie

Jan 15, 2020

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
It's always nice to transition over to a new OT and MS is doing better than ever. Wish I could say the same for the rest of the world, but I'm excited to see what Xbox brings.

Oct 27, 2017
Excited but anxious for what comes next. I fear a lot of development will be hindered by the virus. Obviously health and safety come first but I think we need to prepare for the chance that our expectations for this year might not play out quite as obviously as they would have before.
I mean I don't expect tons of games at launch anyway. Just halo infinite and a Forza game for the new stuff and maybe a port of gears tactics and gears 5 DLc

Status
Not open for further replies.