• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

My initial remark was in response to that segment being used to jump on Xbox SSD if it was to be demo'd on XSX, and imply that it's incapable of next gen loading demands. Given a portion of members are not interested in understanding tech but serve to nitpick and fault-find.

But it does clear up my recent comment above.

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2018
Could you give me an example of the type of RPG that you are talking about? Just woke up and I'm having a hard time thinking of an existing game that meets that criteria.
Same here. There are hardly any RPGs that take place in our regular present world. If anything I'd love to see more Sci-Fi space operas type of RPGs like Mass Effect. Would love Obsidian or InXile to get on something like that.

Sampo

Jan 23, 2019
Since this gen is about to end tell me your three favourite exclusive from this gen
I will start
Forza horizon 4
Ori will of the wisps
Gears tactics
1. Ori and the Will of the Wisps
2. Sunset Overdrive
3. Gears 5

If we are including timed exclusives...
1. Inside
2. Ori and the Will of the Wisps
3. Rise of the Tomb Raider

No_Face

Dec 18, 2017
Brigerbad, Switzerland
Exactly. I believe Sony's last real E3 show got a lot of negativity from fans didn't it? The one where they showed nothing but gameplay, Spidey, TLOU2, Ghost, but THAT is how you show your game off. And MS has been steering away from that a bit too much for my liking.
It did, but mainly cause of the weird intermission and the lack of big announcements. The lengthy gameplay demos were actually really well received, Last of Us part 2 in particular.

I agree that that is essentially the best way to show off a new game. And Horizon Zero Dawn is the perfect example. A short trailer to show off the world and premise, then cut to a lengthy gameplay demo. That's how it should be done for maximum impact.

Nov 29, 2019
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
In July each dev should get 7 minutes per game, that woukd be the perfect showcase. 2 min trailer + 5 min gameplay.

9 minutes like UE5 Tech demo.

I don't think this is realistic. We're in the middle of a WW crisis, every MS studio are WFH.

I believe we will see:

Halo Infinite demo (10 min gameplay) + trailer
Obsidian new game trailer (no gameplay) + The Outer Worlds SX patch and DLC
The Initiative game reveal (trailer only)
Gears 5 SX Demo (5 minutes) + #1 DLC reveal
Forza Horizon 4 SX Demo (5 minutes) + Expansion #3
Playground RPG reveal + demo showing features, like the reveal of FH4 (7 minutes)
Psychonauts 2 SX demo (5 minutes) + new DF IP reveal (trailer reveal)
New Forza Motorsport reveal + demo (10 minutes)
Microsoft Flight Simulator SX demo (5 minutes, visual showcase)
AoE4 demo (5 minutes)
Sea Of Thieves SX trailer (visual showcase) + New Expansion
Everwild demo (7 minutes) + new trailer
Project Mara gameplay trailer
XGP projects reveals, only trailers

I think its too soon to see Hellblade 2, InXile new game and Compulsion project. Undead Labs is the wildcard here lol

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Top 5 dream Xbox games this Gen?

1. Halo RPG- by Obsidian
2. Halo Horror game with the flood- By Creative Assembly
3. Huge AAA JRPG- Any studio would do Phil
4. A Spy Cyberpunk game- Seems this is what The Initiative is making
5. Open World LA Noir like game
1. The Outer Worlds 2 by Obsidian with MS $ backing them up. I love space opera RPGs and I think a sequel can really build on the foundations of the first
2. A 3-D AAA Wasteland RPG from InXile. I love isometric RPGs but I'd also love to get a replacement for Fallout since Bethesda has basically abandoned any pretense of making RPGs.
3. An immersive sim from Compulsion in the vein of Dishonored or Prey
4. Playground's Fable with combat that isn't brain dead. I hope they don't go "realistic" or "grounded" I want it to be full on whimsical and keep the comedic elements.
5. Whatever the Initiative is cooking up

Jul 17, 2018
I don't think this is realistic. We're in the middle of a WW crisis, every MS studio are WFH.

I believe we will see:

Playground RPG reveal + demo showing features, like the reveal of FH4 (7 minutes)
AoE4 demo (5 minutes)

I think its too soon to see Hellblade 2, InXile new game and Compulsion project. Undead Labs is the wildcard here lol
Why is it too soon to see Hellblade 2 when we got a trailer?

Sampo

Jan 23, 2019
Recore
Ori
Sunset Overdrive

Honorable Mention:
Quantum Break
Recore might be the most underrated game of the entire gen. The movement in that game is so awesome. To me, it's like Crackdown with a different setting and cool robot companions. I still think the IP has sequel potential. Too bad we likely won't see one.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018

I believe we will see:

AoE4 demo (5 minutes)

not sure about demos for PG or everwild?

rokkerkory

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
I am loving the competition amongst the platform holders. Gonna bring out the best in gaming for everyone. MS will need to be AAA game in July!

Jul 17, 2018
1. The Outer Worlds 2 by Obsidian with MS $ backing them up. I love space opera RPGs and I think a sequel can really build on the foundations of the first
2. A 3-D AAA Wasteland RPG from InXile. I love isometric RPGs but I'd also love to get a replacement for Fallout since Bethesda has basically abandoned any pretense of making RPGs.
3. An immersive sim from Compulsion in the vein of Dishonored or Prey
4. Playground's Fable with combat that isn't brain dead. I hope they don't go "realistic" or "grounded" I want it to be full on whimsical and keep the comedic elements.
5. Whatever the Initiative is cooking up

Agreed, Lionhead dropped the ball on Fable's combat especially in 2 and 3. Will power was always overpowered. Just keep spamming.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Do you expect any kind of enhancement for Gears 4 on XSX, apart from those on the One X patch? It is my favourite Gears so far.

Deleted member 67920

alt account
Banned
May 1, 2020
Top 5 dream Xbox games this Gen?

1. Halo RPG- by Obsidian
2. Halo Horror game with the flood- By Creative Assembly
3. Huge AAA JRPG- Any studio would do Phil
4. A Spy Cyberpunk game- Seems this is what The Initiative is making
5. Open World LA Noir like game

From the top of my head:
  1. Lost Odyssey 2 co-developed by Mistwalker and a development partner of their choosing
  2. AAA Shadowrun reboot by either a purpose built team at inXile or as an XGS Publishing production in partnership with Hardsuit Labs
  3. AAA Phantom Dust reboot co-developed by Grounding Inc and CC2
  4. AAA character action game by Ninja Theory as a spiritual successor to DmC
  5. AAA swords and sandals epic set in Ancient Rome developed by Creative Assembly, think of something along the lines of an open world Ryse of Rome meets Total War with TPS combat, RPG elements and strategy game elements (thinking Campaigns against different factions such as the Gauls, Britons, etc.)
That's it for now.

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I highly doubt MS will be demoing older games to reveal their new console

I would love to see the improvements the XSX has on those games before the July showing though

12Danny123

Jan 31, 2018
Do you guys see Timed exclusives of 1st Party games on Game Pass? So, a first party games are exclusive on Game Pass for 1 month and later will be released in traditional purchases?

Deleted member 67920

alt account
Banned
May 1, 2020
Do you guys see Timed exclusives of 1st Party games on Game Pass? So, a first party games are exclusive on Game Pass for 1 month and later will be released in traditional purchases?

Nope.

Xbox platform philosophy is about options.

Retail, digital storefront, Game Pass - whichever reasonable way you feel comfortable spending your money, MS wants to provide an option for.

In Amber Clad

static and disarray
Aug 26, 2018
London
And if they do, they deserve to be ripped to pieces.

I don't care how much better the games look, there is too much new to give any time to older games.

This kind of stuff would be good for an additional, later stream though. I kind of think of how Nintendo would do the big announcements etc in the main show, then have hours of Treehouse stuff for more granular detail/bts stuff, etc.

Microsoft has kind of done stuff like this around E3 fairly recently as well, with plenty of supplemental streams shown after the main event and in the following days.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
This kind of stuff would be good for an additional, later stream though. I kind of think of how Nintendo would do the big announcements etc in the main show, then have hours of Treehouse stuff for more granular detail/bts stuff, etc.

Microsoft has kind of done stuff like this around E3 fairly recently as well, with plenty of supplemental streams shown after the main event and in the following days.

For sure. I don't think they should show any released games in July. Showing BC upgrades and stuff should be its own event.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Too bad. Xbox really needs to take time when first unveiling a game.

Do you think/know if they'll have at least 2-3 meaty gameplay demos, and not just trailers?
Might be best not show off a game until they know how to communicate it, given how ravenous we all are. I mean, look at GoT today, it's getting a kicking right now, immediately made me think of Fable if not well executed, a story trailer might be a good compromise. I know its mostly inconsequential drama, but MS need to mindful nonetheless. Talking like a bloody Jedi now.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
It did, but mainly cause of the weird intermission and the lack of big announcements. The lengthy gameplay demos were actually really well received, Last of Us part 2 in particular.

I agree that that is essentially the best way to show off a new game. And Horizon Zero Dawn is the perfect example. A short trailer to show off the world and premise, then cut to a lengthy gameplay demo. That's how it should be done for maximum impact.

Oh yes, when they revealed Horizon ZD. That was crazy, we couldn't believe it was ingame. Just how Sony starts off those demos you know, you see the logo of the studio and then it goes into gameplay, hype all around.

I don't think you'll quite get that.

What he/she wished for sounded too good to be true anyway, ideal yes but no way that was gonna happen. But along with Halo Infinite I truly do hope to see at least one or two more demos.

Worst case scenario is that we only get trailers that show bits of gameplay I guess. It's still something. I don't want to imagine a scenario even worse than that.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Might be best not show off a game until they know how to communicate it, given how ravenous we all are. I mean, look at GoT today, it's getting a kicking right now, immediately made me think of Fable if not well executed, a story trailer might be a good compromise. I know its mostly inconsequential drama, but MS need to mindful nonetheless. Talking like a bloody Jedi now.

That is very true though. It's absolutely possible Fable isn't in a state that it can be really demoed yet, a trailer with some gameplay bits though would be good. That's the whole thing thing, it's amazing all these new studios, but we have no real idea how far along their games are. We will just have to wait and see.

I already know that if they don't show heaps of gameplay (whether MS can't help it or not) there will be negativity. All the big youtubers will be mad and compare it to Sony and what not. Don't get me wrong, I will be disappointed too, but if it turns out these games just aren't ready yet for full demos, I'll understand.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
on a scale of 1 - 10 were should my hype meter be for the July event? we getting an acquisition? Huge AAA reveals? atleast give us something...anything to hold us over until the June event

also

welcome back. hope baby is doing great?
Baby's great, thanks!

I don't like to give something like number rankings because July could roll around and someone might not get a specific announcement they were looking for and feel let down lol. And things can certainly change between now and two months from now.

The idea was always to basically lay all the cards on the table from first party and have a big blowout. And there's a ton of stuff to be excited about. Definitely big AAA XGS reveals, other big third parties on stage (not necessarily exclusive). It might change a bit at this point in time given COVID-19, but you could say that's the aim. I'm personally really excited for their show.

12Danny123

Jan 31, 2018
But it isn't on ios for a reason, Valve even had trouble getting their stream app on ios. MS has remote play and Xcloud interlinked now, so they both come in the same service which is probably the main issue. Xcloud switches between the two depending on distance/performance.

Apple and Microsoft historically have willing to have mutual deals in place, so I think Apple and Microsoft can come to a compromise. More of a revenue cut goes to Apple is a possibility.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
Baby's great, thanks!

I don't like to give something like number rankings because July could roll around and someone might not get a specific announcement they were looking for and feel let down lol. And things can certainly change between now and two months from now.

The idea was always to basically lay all the cards on the table from first party and have a big blowout. And there's a ton of stuff to be excited about. Definitely big AAA XGS reveals, other big third parties on stage (not necessarily exclusive). It might change a bit at this point in time given COVID-19, but you could say that's the aim. I'm personally really excited for their show.
Thanks. :)

solis74

Jun 11, 2018

what happened with the GOT GAMEPLAY demo?

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Baby's great, thanks!

As always, greatly appreciate your comments. Can you tell us if these big AAA XGS reveals will show at least some gameplay(short trailer or demo) too or don't you have that kind of information?

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
That is very true though. It's absolutely possible Fable isn't in a state that it can be really demoed yet, a trailer with some gameplay bits though would be good. That's the whole thing thing, it's amazing all these new studios, but we have no real idea how far along their games are. We will just have to wait and see.

I already know that if they don't show heaps of gameplay (whether MS can't help it or not) there will be negativity. All the big youtubers will be mad and compare it to Sony and what not. Don't get me wrong, I will be disappointed too, but if it turns out these games just aren't ready yet for full demos, I'll understand.

exactly, show what is ready

Status
Not open for further replies.