• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 29, 2019
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
I wonder what kind of mechanics the can introduce to make this entry a truly unique one. I'm still hoping for open world exploration and some kind of progression, as opposed to the old format where its just levels bolted together.

Even though my knowledge of Halo lore and how things work is basic, I've been thinking about how they could create a sense of progression and exploration in a open world design (or Hub World, idk).

I've saw someone post here about (maybe it was yours?) how maybe Halo Infinite takes place on Zeta Ring (Installation 07), and that it's purpose is to act as a "ark" of sorts.

So, here's my maybe-totally-wrong based assumptions and thoughts:

There we have a huge library of specimens and technologies that could survive a Halo Ring activation. And IIRC, the Zeta Ring was under supervision of The Librarian, the same that did something to Master Chief in Halo 4. I've seen a few folks saying she unlocked something in his DNA, or that she altered his genetic code in some capacity, but I was thinking that maybe she gave him some kind of Master Key to all Forerunner technology, and that would act as upgrades for Chief in Infinite.

So we're like, exploring the world, finding old ruins of labs and cities and discovering new upgrades for Mjolnir, allowing us to choose how we want to play. That would tie with the rumours about open environment, RPG progression and other stuff.

If I'm wrong on anything, feel free to correct me.

T0kenAussie

Jan 15, 2020
Even though my knowledge of Halo lore and how things work is basic, I've been thinking about how they could create a sense of progression and exploration in a open world design (or Hub World, idk).

I've saw someone post here about (maybe it was yours?) how maybe Halo Infinite takes place on Zeta Ring (Installation 07), and that it's purpose is to act as a "ark" of sorts.

So, here's my maybe-totally-wrong based assumptions and thoughts:

There we have a huge library of specimens and technologies that could survive a Halo Ring activation. And IIRC, the Zeta Ring was under supervision of The Librarian, the same that did something to Master Chief in Halo 4. I've seen a few folks saying she unlocked something in his DNA, or that she altered his genetic code in some capacity, but I was thinking that maybe she gave him some kind of Master Key to all Forerunner technology, and that would act as upgrades for Chief in Infinite.

So we're like, exploring the world, finding old ruins of labs and cities and discovering new upgrades for Mjolnir, allowing us to choose how we want to play. That would tie with the rumours about open environment, RPG progression and other stuff.

If I'm wrong on anything, feel free to correct me.
I think something like that but more like it would be jet packs and grappling hooks and other traversal things over straight spending points in a menu. Kind of like destiny raid movement puzzles and Zelda item progression. Have a hub base and a pelican you can call out ala mgs5. Have an overarching campaign endpoint but allow exploration and customisation

Governergrimm

Jun 25, 2019
Ooohhhhh Jack could be your son and he turned evil and you have to gain powers to defeat him by killing gods from multiple ancient pantheon's! It writes itself really!

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
I was being sarcastic but sure! Let's fight! You don't want balverines to remind you of an American werewolf in London??? Jack o Blades could look like Voldo from soul caliber???
Ooohhhhh Jack could be your son and he turned evil and you have to gain powers to defeat him by killing gods from multiple ancient pantheon's! It writes itself really!

I was pretty sure you were being sarcastic, but quarantines got me all revved up.

Next you'll be telling me that the game needs to be more like Game of Thrones. Though if I'm being honest, I don't hate the American Werewolf in London part...

Last edited:

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
Cant wait for more Halo Infinite to be shown, hoping all goes well for them leading up to the eventual Xbox Digital Event.

Its gonna blow people away.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Oh you won't be disappointed.

I'll ask:

Shinobi, can you give us anything? ANYTHING? A hint, a description, a gif, anything?

God I'm so thirsty for news and this quarantine isn't helping :(

source.gif

It's good to see these gifs again. When I saw the trailer last year I thought that the previous trailer looked better, especially Chief's character model, but now I see it's still just as good. Shit I want to see gameplay of the campaign!
I'm still having a hard time imagining what this game is going to look like in gameplay. I can't wait to see it.

I actually forgot how good those trailers looked until I pulled out the gifs and screenshots lol. If 343 manages to get that level of visual fidelity + large open maps + good combat encounters/AI we should be in for a good time.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
I have a feeling the Xbox Digital event will be sooner (May) rather than later given that E3 is no longer on the tables and the current situation.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
I have a feeling the Xbox Digital event will be sooner (May) rather than later given that E3 is no longer on the tables and the current situation.

i dunno about that

moving stuff up is hard when you're aiming for june and having to transition all your people to work from home in a launch year

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
I just rewatched the two Halo Infinite trailers and I have to say, if the game even looks half as good as it does in those trailers it will be one of the most beautiful games ever made. Not just in pure graphical fidelity (a lot of the stuff is very far from photo realistic, although intentionally so) but just the art style and very bright and vibrant colors. Infinite is a game that I am super hyped for honestly

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
i dunno about that

moving stuff up is hard when you're aiming for june and having to transition all your people to work from home in a launch year

I think this whole thing means they'll be a little more flexible with showing games. We could get a couple different events that allow them to show the games in bigger looks rather than 90-180 seconds at a time but that might just be me being hopeful that we get some pretty deep looks at Halo Infinite and whatever Turn10 are working on.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i dunno about that

Exactly. I expect it to happen in June after Minecraft Dungeons officially releases May 26.
I think this whole thing means they'll be a little more flexible with showing games. We could get a couple different events that allow them to show the games in bigger looks rather than 90-180 seconds at a time but that might just be me being hopeful that we get some pretty deep looks at Halo Infinite and whatever Turn10 are working on.
This could be true as well.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I'll ask:

Shinobi, can you give us anything? ANYTHING? A hint, a description, a gif, anything?

God I'm so thirsty for news and this quarantine isn't helping :(
It's not my place to give details, and my username would be plastered on sites come morning if I did lol. So I won't. But you won't have to wait too much longer, really. I'm incredibly excited at what's coming from Xbox...

Gorgeous fantasy worlds, reboots, big sci-fi...

Should be a lot of fun.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's not my place to give details, and I wouldn't. But you won't have to wait too much longer, really. I'm incredibly excited at what's coming from Xbox...

Should be a lot of fun.

Hype AF! Thanks!

Any hint on timing in terms of more game info to be revealed?

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Booted up some Halo 5 for the first time in a while, that game still plays tremendously well. Say what you will about 343, but they nailed the multiplayer in that game. High hopes for Infinite.
It's not my place to give details, and my username would be plastered on sites come morning if I did lol. So I won't. But you won't have to wait too much longer, really. I'm incredibly excited at what's coming from Xbox...

Should be a lot of fun.
Can't wait to see what they have in store!

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
I really would like to see them explore their old IPs as much as the new ones. Perfect Dark is one of those IPs ripe for modern technology, story telling and world building. A Banjo game would also be so good seeing how well Crash and Spyro even though they might arguably be bigger IPs.

Man, a Rocksteady game is going to be so good but I think WB might do their own event where announce the new Batman game and the Harry Potter RPG.

Rocksteady isn't making the new Batman game. WB Montreal is. Rocksteady is doing a Suicide Squad game.

Should be a lot of fun.

Shinboi please. A hint, tease. I'll take anything. Will WB do a digital conference?

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017

Should be a lot of fun.

Come on man, this is rough when we are all bunkered down at home thirsty for next gen Xbox goodness :)

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

Should be a lot of fun.

Oh wow. Tbh I didn't expect a response. Thank you! Hopefully the event/reveals come sooner rather than later!

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017

Should be a lot of fun.
Let's. Fucking. Go! For all the shit happening in the world, I'm so excited for the year in games - from Xbox to PS and beyond. Thanks as always for keeping the hype alive good sir!

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
Shinboi, I hope Fable 4 was apart of your tease.

I've been waiting to see that. I've even started playing the Fable games.

Oct 25, 2017
Gorgeous Fantasy Worlds

- Fable ( Reboot )
- Obsidian RPG
- InXile RPG
- Everwild

Reboots

- Perfect Dark
- Japanese Game

Big Sci-Fi

- Halo Infinite

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018

Should be a lot of fun.

It's happennnnnning

Skedaddle

May 3, 2019
Europe
Reboots

Banjo-Kazooie
Blue Dragon
Conker
Crimson Skies
Fable
Lost Odyssey
MechAssault
Perfect Dark
Phantom Dust
Project Gotham Racing
Shadowrun
Viva Pinata
Voodoo Vince

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017

Should be a lot of fun.
Nice. I'm so hyped. do you know anything about MS plans for Japan? any acquisitions or partnerships you know about?

Last edited:

Neural

Oct 27, 2017
Italy

Should be a lot of fun.
You know this WILL be plastered on sites everywhere, right? "Insider shinobi602 reveals gorgeous fantasy worlds, reboots, big sci-fi games coming to Xbox Series X!!!"

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017

Should be a lot of fun.

Holy shit, nice.

Fantasy - Fable? Obsidian Game?
Reboots - Perfect Dark? This could be anything, MS are sat on a mountain of unused IP
Big Sci Fi - Halo? Initiatives Game?

The fact that you and Matt (who is normally reserved) were excited at what lies ahead is even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.