• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDeveus

Apr 26, 2019
It's not my place to give details, and my username would be plastered on sites come morning if I did lol. So I won't. But you won't have to wait too much longer, really. I'm incredibly excited at what's coming from Xbox...

Gorgeous fantasy worlds, reboots, big sci-fi...

Should be a lot of fun.
My prophet!!

Kolbe1894

Oct 25, 2017
Do you guys think MS changed from 3 weeks theory to 4 weeks theory to match the original E3 conference date(digital event now)?

April 13->May 11?->June 8?(digital event?), so maybe 2 more things to announce before digital event?​

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Do you guys think MS changed from 3 weeks theory to 4 weeks theory to match the original E3 conference date(digital event now)?

April 13->May 11?->June 8?(digital event?), so maybe 2 more things to announce before digital event?
I think the date of the digital event gets announced this month. Microsoft has always announced date and timing of E3 event in April. I also don't expect that all of the publishers digital events will be in the same 3-4 days of June, ESA's announcement said developers and publishers have their own events "planned in the coming months".

Kolbe1894

Oct 25, 2017
I think the date of the digital event gets announced this month. Microsoft has always announced date and timing of E3 event in April. I also don't expect that all of the publishers digital events will be in the same 3-4 days of June, ESA's announcement said developers and publishers have their own events "planned in the coming months".
Well yeah but i doubt it's one of the news because announcing date and timing for the event isn't a new "info".
I think there are chance for 2 new games teaser before the event, maybe the first game teaser will also announce date and timing for the event at the same time.

T0kenAussie

Jan 15, 2020
MS has so much content I think it would be fun for them to do 3 events

main event series x and game studios reveals (original e3 plan)

pc focused show on pc gamepass, xcloud and thirst party pc devs

ID@Xbox showcase ending with the summer of arcade revival.

either way we are eating good food this year I feel

Neural

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
It just hit me: Shinobi is actually talking of one single game. Gorgeous fantasy world + reboot + big sci-fi... SHADOWRUN!

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
It's not my place to give details, and my username would be plastered on sites come morning if I did lol. So I won't. But you won't have to wait too much longer, really. I'm incredibly excited at what's coming from Xbox...

Should be a lot of fun.

Oh boy, sure sounds like a lot of fun. Give me the digital event asap.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Come on man, this is rough when we are all bunkered down at home thirsty for next gen Xbox goodness :)
tenor.gif

Redesigned83

Jul 9, 2018

Should be a lot of fun.
All sounds good in my book.

DJDoubleCream

Oct 28, 2017
I think it would be awesome to see more tech demo like Gears 5 running on xsx. Forza Horizon 4, halo 5, SOT, SOD to name a few. Imagine those with increased texture res and Ray tracing.

Noble

Oct 27, 2017

I mean, it's not that much of a secret:

• Fable or whatever Fantasy RPG being made at PG.
  • Halo Infinite (which kinda is a soft reboot or "reinvention" in many ways)
  • Perfect Dark (there have been rumblings about this for a long time)

Ofc, there is more for sure. But I'd expect those 3 to be the big ones, plus The Initiative's game (unless that's PD).

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine a show with Halo, Fable Perfect Dark, Everwild and Hellblade. Thats like a amazing mix.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it's not that much of a secret:

• Fable or whatever Fantasy RPG being made at PG.
  • Halo Infinite (which kinda is a soft reboot or "reinvention" in many ways)
  • Perfect Dark (there have been rumblings about this for a long time)

Ofc, there is more for sure. But I'd expect those 3 to be the big ones, plus The Initiative's game (unless that's PD).

I don't think shinobi is the person you should be quoting, but bcatwilly

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Rocksteady isn't making the new Batman game. WB Montreal is. Rocksteady is doing a Suicide Squad game.

Shinboi please. A hint, tease. I'll take anything. Will WB do a digital conference?

Big Sci fi, it's already somewhat of a hint. Did we know Sci fi was coming from XGS? :)

Could be he's talking about Halo, but I dunno....

As for reboots, Phil had hinted before that they were doing new stuff with old franchises, didn't he?

Last edited:

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
Funnily enough, Phil Spencer specifically (and light heatedly) called for people to stop asking for Brute Force and said it's not coming back. I'm sure it was in Ryan's IGN interview.

T0kenAussie

Jan 15, 2020
Yes, there's a lot MS can choose from to make a reinvented game of. Exciting.

And beautiful fantasy worlds, I wonder, did Shinobi by chance already see some stuff or mostly heard about it?
Fable and perfect dark are unannounced but known (known unknowns) they are the worst secrets right now and it seems we are just waiting for a studio attachment and trailer announcement

halo and everwild and hell blade 2 are known knowns with trailers

obsidian AAA RPG , inxile AAA RPG , double fine team 3 are unknown unknowns. We think they are there and will announce soon but we have no way of knowing

T0kenAussie

Jan 15, 2020
Funnily enough, Phil Spencer specifically (and light heatedly) called for people to stop asking for Brute Force and said it's not coming back. I'm sure it was in Ryan's IGN interview.
Phil is a master of misdirection

brute force is also a great nostalgia bait imo. Really was ahead of its time with third person arena shooters it would have benefited from Xbox live on the 360 peak days

Steo

Sep 28, 2018
Dublin, Ireland.
Fable and perfect dark are unannounced but known (known unknowns) they are the worst secrets right now and it seems we are just waiting for a studio attachment and trailer announcement

halo and everwild and hell blade 2 are known knowns with trailers

obsidian AAA RPG , inxile AAA RPG , double fine team 3 are unknown unknowns. We think they are there and will announce soon but we have no way of knowing

Also State of Decay 3. We know it's coming but don't know when.

Neural

Oct 27, 2017
Italy

Should be a lot of fun.
Just saying, the plastering is already happening over here in Italy :)))
www.tomshw.it

Shinobi è eccitato dai giochi in arrivo su Xbox Series X

Il noto insider Shinobi è seriamente eccitato dall'evento videoludico di Xbox digitale in arrivo nei prossimi mesi. Tantissimi giochi in arrivo!

Sep 19, 2019
Hamburg- Germany
Also State of Decay 3. We know it's coming but don't know when.

State of Decay 3 will be so good I can't wait to see it finally. The step forward from 1 to 2 was huge and one can only imagine what SoD 2 could have been with a bigger team and budget.

We can expect big things from the next game not only visually but expecially in terms of diversity and virbancy of the world.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018

Should be a lot of fun.

hype! :)

Vico

Jan 3, 2018

Wouldn't these projects still be way too early in development to get announced this year? With Obsidian launching Grounded and still working on Outer Worlds DLC, I can't imagine the next project is even close to being ready to be shown. Same with InXile and Wasteland 3.

Redesigned83

Jul 9, 2018
Not to get into the acquisitions talk again BUT it is a shame Hello Games didn't end up being a thing. Seeing how FS is turning out with MS resources I could only dream what a No Mans Sky 2 could have been with alot of the same support.

Sep 19, 2019
Hamburg- Germany
Not to get into the acquisitions talk again BUT it is a shame Hello Games didn't end up being a thing. Seeing how FS is turning out with MS resources I could only dream what a No Mans Sky 2 could have been with alot of the same support.

I still wonder how less than 30 people can create a game like No Mans Sky, but there will be reaosnable additons to MGS for sure.

Aug 26, 2018
State of Decay 3 will be so good I can't wait to see it finally. The step forward from 1 to 2 was huge and one can only imagine what SoD 2 could have been with a bigger team and budget.

We can expect big things from the next game not only visually but expecially in terms of diversity and virbancy of the world.

Me too.

4 things I am super excited about:

1. They can finally realize Class 4, a bigger more persistent online game they originally envisioned.
2. It was Undead Labs' first try with Unreal Engine with SoD2 after SoD which was a cryengine game. SoD3 will definitely be easier to develop in this sense since they knw UE4 and they have masters like The Coalition/Rare who have mastered them.
3. Unlike many zombie games, the core gameplay loop, survival mechanics, difficulty modes, base building are already rock solid, an even bigger, deeper advanced upgrade is almost certain.
4. The game is still popular on Steam, a true successor to SoD2 and launching day and date on Steam will give it a HUGE playerbase quickly.

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
Hmm, this is news, last I read, they were planning Arkham Legacy, a reboot, didn't know WB Montreal is doing a Batman game.

WB Montreal is the one doing a Batman reboot with The Court of Owls. You didn't see the Capture The Knight teases? Rocksteady's doing a Suicide Squad game. They're connected to one another and will launch a DC Games Universe.

T0kenAussie

Jan 15, 2020
Wouldn't these projects still be way too early in development to get announced this year? With Obsidian launching Grounded and still working on Outer Worlds DLC, I can't imagine the next project is even close to being ready to be shown. Same with InXile and Wasteland 3.
If what I'm thinking is happening we might see a deep slate announcement this year to really drive home that Xbox has games. So we could be getting a commitment in to form of title screens ala Bethesda doing the star field and ES6 title screens last year

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
The Silent Hills stuff is back again, lol. Last month we had one rumor that it was actually MS this time that was going after SH, right? Was that a reputable source at all? I wonder the same about the sources that said it about Sony.

Status
Not open for further replies.