• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Just upfront... I fucking love the new Halo Infinite key art. It's so good and it looks like it's going to be the main cover (?) art too? I hope so, it perfectly captures what I love about Halo in an imagine. I kind of hope Infinite is the Halo 1 mission A30 (aka Halo) just streched out over many hours because the feel of that mission to this day still makes me feel like a badass hero of humanity - crusing around alien landscapes saving marines.

I work at the studio that made the game which previously features the Banished so I'm going to be sending some emails after tomorrows reveal to see how they feel about some of their creations stepping into the mainline FPS titles. Funnily enough the team that made Halo Wars 2 is actually making a New-IP FPS of their own now... ofcourse there was a Halo Wars 3 pitch but that never went anywhere.

Oct 19, 2018
f8abd2d6369b28442dc851642a8a04af6cc0d0cb.png

The Xbox Games Showcase begins in just 24 hours; in the lead up to the event we have looked at what to expect from each first party studio - today we close this countdown with the 15th studio and a look at 343 Industries.

343 Industries was created in 2007 to oversee the Halo franchise when the original developers, Bungie, separated from Microsoft to pursue games in new universes allowing for the creation of 343 Industries, who would take over the franchise. Bungie went on to create two more Halo games before handing the keys to 343. Much like The Coalition would do years later, 343's first game was a remake of the franchise's debut entry, Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary (2011), before releasing Halo 4 (2012), their first mainline entry in what was to be the new Reclaimer Trilogy. During this generation, the biggest projects they've been responsible for are Halo: The Master Chief Collection (2014), Halo 5: Guardians (2015), and Halo Wars 2 (2017) in collaboration with Creative Assembly. In the five years between Halo 5: Guardians and Halo Infinite, 343 has created a new Slipspace Engine to allow for the studio to create their vision for the future of Halo - a vision we're on the precipice of finally seeing.

Before we talk about Halo Infinite it bears mention that 343 Industries doesn't just make mainline Halo games - they oversee the entirety of Halo; there could be any number of additional projects being developed in collaboration with other studios, there just aren't any signs of what those could be at the moment. Given how big and important Halo Infinite will be, any of those projects have likely taken a backseat as it has to be all hands on deck to make sure its ready for launch. This entry is seen by many as a soft reboot, calling back to the series' roots while pushing forward into new territory. While I could dig into the rumored specifics, why not just check out this video made by the guys at XboxEra, its very well done and doesn't leave anything out. The reality is the two trailers we've seen are incredibly promising, from the open world surroundings of the first to the more intimate moments between characters seen in the second. This is Xbox's biggest game in years and 343 Industries have been working incredibly hard on it, at the end of their showing they are going to want everyone watching to be convinced to jump in this fall.

Halo Infinite's campaign will be at the Showcase, but in what capacity? Is it going to be a 10 minute demo plus a trailer or a bunch of different trailers strung together? Personally, I feel a demo of some sorts is a necessity and is going to happen along with a larger story trailer hinting to the greater conflict.With no mention of multiplayer being shown, one has to imagine that is being pushed to the August show - we may be told when to expect more on this side. Any side projects need to wait until 2021 at least, this is the time for the mainline game to take back the throne. It's time, everyone.

Do you expect to see 343 Industries at the Showcase - If so, what are your hopes? If not, why and when will we see them next?

- 24 Hours Remain -

*If I forget anything or the wording/information is off, feel free to let me know in a post or DM and I'll edit it in; same goes for things you may think I'm unaware of for studios I've yet to post. I try to keep track of everything, but I may lose sight of some smaller things and rumors so all resources are appreciated!

All the studios have been unveiled - click the image below to see the posts for any studio you may want to know more about.
World's Edge's Edge's Edge's Edge The Coalition inXile Entertainment Compulsion Games Undead Labs Mojang Studios The Initiative
Turn 10 Studios Double Fine Productions Xbox Game Studios Publishing Rare Playground Games Obsidian Entertainment Ninja Theory

Last edited:

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018

The Xbox Games Showcase begins in just 24 hours; in the lead up to the event we have looked at what to expect from each first party studio - today we close this countdown with the 15th studio and a look at 343 Industries.

343 Industries was created in 2007 to oversee the Halo franchise when the original developers, Bungie, separated from Microsoft to pursue games in new universes allowing for the creation of 343 Industries, who would take over the franchise. Bungie went on to create two more Halo games before handing the keys to 343. Much like The Coalition would do years later, 343's first game was a remake of the franchise's debut entry, Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary (2011), before releasing Halo 4 (2012), their first mainline entry in what was to be the new Reclaimer Trilogy. During this generation, the biggest projects they've been responsible for are Halo: The Master Chief Collection (2014), Halo 5: Guardians (2015), and Halo Wars 2 (2017) in collaboration with Creative Assembly. In the five years between Halo 5: Guardians and Halo Infinite, 343 has created a new Slipspace Engine to allow for the studio to create their vision for the future of Halo - a vision we're on the precipice of finally seeing.

Before we talk about Halo Infinite it bears mention that 343 Industries doesn't just make mainline Halo games - they oversee the entirety of Halo; there could be any number of additional projects being developed in collaboration with other studios, there just aren't any signs of what those could be at the moment. Given how big and important Halo Infinite will be, any of those projects have likely taken a backseat as it has to be all hands on deck to make sure its ready for launch. This entry is seen by many as a soft reboot, calling back to the series' roots while pushing forward into new territory. While I could dig into the rumored specifics, why not just check out this video made by the guys at XboxEra, its very well done and doesn't leave anything out. The reality is the two trailers we've seen are incredibly promising, from the open world surroundings of the first to the more intimate moments between characters seen in the second. This is Xbox's biggest game in years and 343 Industries have been working incredibly hard on it, at the end of their showing they are going to want everyone watching to be convinced to jump in this fall.

Halo Infinite's campaign will be at the Showcase, but in what capacity? Is it going to be a 10 minute demo plus a trailer or a bunch of different trailers strung together? Personally, I feel a demo of some sorts is a necessity and is going to happen along with a larger story trailer hinting to the greater conflict.With no mention of multiplayer being shown, one has to imagine that is being pushed to the August show - we may be told when to expect more on this side. Any side projects need to wait until 2021 at least, this is the time for the mainline game to take back the throne. It's time, everyone.

Do you expect to see 343 Industries at the Showcase - If so, what are your hopes? If not, why and when will we see them next?

- 24 Hours Remain -

*If I forget anything or the wording/information is off, feel free to let me know in a post or DM and I'll edit it in; same goes for things you may think I'm unaware of for studios I've yet to post. I try to keep track of everything, but I may lose sight of some smaller things and rumors so all resources are appreciated!

All the studios have been unveiled - click the image below to see the posts for any studio you may want to know more about.
World's Edge's Edge's Edge's Edge's Edge's Edge's Edge's Edge The Coalition inXile Entertainment Compulsion Games Undead Labs Mojang Studios The Initiative
Turn 10 Studios Double Fine Productions Xbox Game Studios Publishing
Rare
Playground Games Obsidian Entertainment Ninja Theory
Thanks for all your hard work! We're in the home stretch!

papahefe

Apr 29, 2018

- 24 Hours Remain -

World's Edge's Edge's Edge's Edge's Edge's Edge's Edge's Edge The Coalition inXile Entertainment Compulsion Games Undead Labs Mojang Studios The Initiative
Rare
You did a killer job on all of these. Thanks for making the xot a better place!

MattHeus

Mar 2, 2019
I know the chances aren't really high, but I am really hoping to see a new StudioMDHR game on the show.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Welp just had a meeting moved so now I have back to back meetings tomorrow during the show.

Still can't stop me from watching it on mute

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
guess those rumors that the X was going to release before November is false. Also not a good idea to release on Friday the 13th.

It would be hilarious though if years down the line we saw people saying "The XSX could have sold more if it had not released on a cursed day like Friday the 13th, what the hell was MS thinking with that."

CalamityPixel

Oct 27, 2017

- 24 Hours Remain -

Rare
Great job with these posts!
source.gif

Jan 4, 2018
Just upfront... I fucking love the new Halo Infinite key art. It's so good and it looks like it's going to be the main cover (?) art too? I hope so, it perfectly captures what I love about Halo in an imagine. I kind of hope Infinite is the Halo 1 mission A30 (aka Halo) just streched out over many hours because the feel of that mission to this day still makes me feel like a badass hero of humanity - crusing around alien landscapes saving marines.

I work at the studio that made the game which previously features the Banished so I'm going to be sending some emails after tomorrows reveal to see how they feel about some of their creations stepping into the mainline FPS titles. Funnily enough the team that made Halo Wars 2 is actually making a New-IP FPS of their own now... ofcourse there was a Halo Wars 3 pitch but that never went anywhere.

Halo Wars 3 needs to happen.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Can't remember the last time I've been this excited to see a game. Halo being gone for 5 years I be thirsty!

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017

- 24 Hours Remain -

Rare

Knocked it out of the park.

raw

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The sun will come out, tomorrow.

- 24 Hours Remain -

Rare

Great job, I love this series

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017

- 24 Hours Remain -

Rare

I'd just like to know, what's the deal with Rare here? Unlike the other studios here the picture doesn't seem to link to anything.

Deleted member 10847

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

- 24 Hours Remain -

Rare

Amazing work. It was a pleasure to read them.

Dragoncaine

Jun 5, 2019
That box art is incredible, and the grappling hook being confirmed has sent my hype into overdrive for Infinite.
In my experience, at least with Nintendo speculation and leaks, C. Tsubasa is possibly the most reliable insider I've ever met. Let's not forget that EVERYONE was wrong about what Nintendo was showing on July 20, because they were all in the know about a late summer Direct (late August/early September) that has yet to occur, and when they heard that a Direct was happening on July 20, without knowing the particular contents and also being aware of the 3D Mario Collection being shown soon, they assumed that the July 20th event was the larger Direct and that it simply got moved up on the schedule. This does nothing to harm his credibility in my opinion, so I'm going into this show with excited, but definitely adjusted expectations.

Oct 19, 2018
I'd just like to know, what's the deal with Rare here? Unlike the other studios here the picture doesn't seem to link to anything.
Well that is interesting, not sure what happened - fixed it in the post, and here is the link.

Also, I'll post a wrap up later this evening with the full series of pictures combined into one and links to the original image sizes since I've been asked about them.

Thanks everyone for your kind comments throughout the whole series.

Aug 23, 2018

- 24 Hours Remain -

Turn 10 Studios Double Fine Productions Xbox Game Studios Publishing Rare Playground Games Obsidian Entertainment Ninja Theory

Amazing work. Loved reading through these. Honestly, this post should be a thread mark or added to front page

Ravenhawk

Oct 27, 2017

- 24 Hours Remain -

...and there it is!
Thanks for doing these snippets; they were a fun read to help pass time before the show.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

- 24 Hours Remain -

Mods, please hand this member a Display tag, what fantastic commitment to a community.

Status
Not open for further replies.