• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 10, 2020
Geoff - "The pre-show for Xbox will include, some new game announcements... and it will include a bunch of trailers and content. For some cool stuff, that ranges from some smaller titles to some really big games as well... they're going to show some content on there. That are you know kinda maybe announced games, but have new content to show."
Aw shit. Battletoads stealth drop, Tell Me Why stealth drop,
Game Pass announcements, trailers for Wasteland, sea of thieves...

Pelochoman

Jan 6, 2018
Geoff - "The pre-show for Xbox will include, some new game announcements (...) That are you know kinda maybe announced games, but have new content to show."

EqlvPQ8.jpg

Jan 4, 2018
I'm not sure who we can or can't post links to on this forum but Grubb was on Crossfire Podcast and basically said Initiative is doing PD, reiterated they won't be at showcase...
Some good Halo discussion as well.

FWIW

I really hope we won't have to wait until the Game Awards to have the confirmation it's PD !

I feel like the plan was to reveal The Initiative game at the Showcase and then plans changed earlier this month because MS probably thought they had enough to have a great show without it or because Sony still has some cards to reveal.

ZedKay101

May 31, 2020
The slightly cryptic messaging we've had so fair with The Initiative and Perfect Dark suggests to me that they'll change the title or something. They might rename the reboot 'Joanna Dark' instead for example

ZedKay101

May 31, 2020
Agreed regarding the third person comments. As for the gameplay, I'd love if you have the freedom to tackle any mission with stealth or all guns blazing. Give us that freedom

ez123

Feb 18, 2020
Agreed regarding the third person comments. As for the gameplay, I'd love if you have the freedom to tackle any mission with stealth or all guns blazing. Give us that freedom
I like how the Arkham games do it with defined combat and stealth sections. Games that account for stealth all of the time seem to play less well when it comes to combat.

KillaKap

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That video with grub and the fanboy was grade A cringe material. Dude was a fanboy no way to slice it. One thing I notice fanboys do ...they are the ones setting up these ridiculous expectations because they know Microsoft can't meet them. This guys knows Halo is their biggest title, but sets expectations so high because in his mind they gotta have something else better for him to be impressed.

Kordelle

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
That video with grub and the fanboy was grade A cringe material. Dude was a fanboy no way to slice it. One thing I notice fanboys do ...they are the ones setting up these ridiculous expectations because they know Microsoft can't meet them. This guys knows Halo is their biggest title, but sets expectations so high because in his mind they gotta have something else better for him to be impressed.
did I miss something? do you have a link?

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And that's OK. Xbox has been on a slow and steady incline and looks to continue this trend and ultimately it will take this consistency to gradually change the overall narrative and perception from the staunchest Xbox detractors.

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
Yeah I think Xbox Game Showcase is really big gameplay showcase, only big games and ID@Xbox etc... is for Pre show.

ItsBobbyDarin

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Egyptian residing in Denmark
If you're referring to Spartan call outs in MP, they were a good feature - especially when a good chunk of teammates don't use mics.
But it removes the skill gap. Just like the point and shoot function in Call Of Duty Warzone. Such a shitty feature.

Are you the guy who said the exact same thing about having any companions at all?
I don't know, but I can tell you that having those 3 AIs were also a shitty feature that was more annoying than useful.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Colt is fanboy too and he likes to compare Xbox to PS and often moves goalposts.

Rand is by far best Xbox YouTuber. He gets facts right and isn't massive fanboy.
Rand al Thor 19 is great, happy to call out missteps from MS and praise competition for doing a better job. Type of constructive feedback thats helpful.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rand al Thor 19 is great, happy to call out missteps from MS and praise competition for doing a better job. Type of constructive feedback thats helpful.
My only issue with him is his lack of perspective on Xbox's past E3's when he absolutely knows what was going on at that time and it would take time for the studios MS bought to finally deliver. It also annoys me how he's overhyping this Xbox Game Showcase to his listeners and setting their expectations to potentially unrealistic heights that no matter what Xbox shows they may come away disappointed.

True_fan

Banned
Mar 19, 2020
who here is actually looking forward to Forza Motorsport? I have never really been that pumped for that IP but when I think about getting it via gamepass I get REAL hype - 60 fps 4k hdr with RTX; yessir
Heck yes. Forza will be one of the most next gen looking games if announced. The graphics are usually supreme on racing games. They could show new tire wear, crash damage, weather effects. Ray tracing...
My take was, that Jeff was speaking about XSX lineup next to PS5, mentioned their big game being Halo and was speaking in terms of performance not preference. His reaction just seemed childish, like he cannot withhold his personal feelings and look at the situation broadly. I assume your not disgusted when people mention a popular I.P being part of a launch lineups despite you feeling indifferent towards it.
This is what's so damn annoying about non xbox fan media. They can't just prefer something else, they have to go out of their way to troll and do extra stuff. Downplay Halo, really? You hardly see the respected xbox fan media doing the same. Xbox could knock it out the park next week and they probably wouldn't even tip their cap. Mad annoying.

Oct 27, 2017
My only issue with him is his lack of perspective on Xbox's past E3's when he absolutely knows what was going on at that time and it would take time for the studios MS bought to finally deliver. It also annoys me how he's overhyping this Xbox Game Showcase to his listeners and setting their expectations to potentially unrealistic heights that no matter what Xbox shows they may come away disappointed.

People asked me if I was excited for the show, so I made a video about it. I even said in the video to not get hyped based on my feelings cause everyone has a different level of what they are expecting/want. Would it be more prudent to temper my expectations for the show... yeah probably. But I feel this is the one show to get excited about. My expectations aren't like sky high either. I know what I want to see and I think we will see it.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People asked me if I was excited for the show, so I made a video about it. I even said in the video to not get hyped based on my feelings cause everyone has a different level of what they are expecting/want. Would it be more prudent to temper my expectations for the show... yeah probably. But I feel this is the one show to get excited about. My expectations aren't like sky high either. I know what I want to see and I think we will see it.
There's a difference between being excited, I am too, and overhyping the show to your listeners which I believe you're doing on your recent videos.

Other than that, I still enjoy your videos.

craven68

Jun 20, 2018
I totally agree with you. This year is the show where WE should have great expectation. Last year , it wasn't , we knew it wasn't the year of the Big révélation.
But this year , this IS it !!

jobbe1978

Jan 18, 2018
Italy
There's a difference between being excited, I am too, and overhyping the show to your listeners which I believe you're doing on your recent videos.

wow...what a salty reply.
You should try and do your own videos then.
jesus...sometimes it's like you think nobody should be happy 🤦🏽‍♂️

Oct 27, 2017

Thanks! Sure, I am sure some people will hype themselves based off of my own excitement level. I can't help that tho. Hopefully Xbox nails the show and everyone is happy

True_fan

Banned
Mar 19, 2020

Are games supposed to be a fun hobby? I truly don't understand replies like this, each person is responsible for their own hype and disappointment. If someone is excited, fuck tempering expectations, let them be hype. Mu expectations are sky high, and there is really no way to disappoint me because Halo will be there and other xbox goodness. I would be disappointed if I lost my job, not if the xbox show didn't reach my skyhigh hype levels.

Jan 4, 2018
Because there is a lot of people unconvinced by the cross-gen aspect of XGS games. That could be the only takeaway from the announcement, hell you even pointed out a smaller title like Kena. I don't think MS wants their major games to have the focus of still being on Xbox One (if they are within the first two years) after the event.

It'll probably just say "Xbox game" in the press release.

People want incentive to get a new Xbox and exclusive games are always the biggest reason. Its not about it being trash or a bad game due to crossgen, its about people having thoughts like "Maybe I can play it on my X1/X1X and hold off since that game wasn't really designed to take advantage of the XSX anyways".

Early adopters want first party games designed entirely for next gen console's in the first year, to make their purchase worthwhile.
I can get the sentiment of, since you've spent quite some money for a new machine, you want it to do things the old one couldn't.

The question is, do people want games that are exclusive "just cause"?
As in, games that could run on last gen with lower settings but are made next gen only to push people to upgrade.
Because answering yes to that makes 0 sense to me yet it seems to be what many applaud
Colt is fanboy too and he likes to compare Xbox to PS and often moves goalposts.

Rand is by far best Xbox YouTuber. He gets facts right and isn't massive fanboy.
I agree with Rand being the best Xbox Youtuber.
Colt while being less abrasive than others, still tends to be very inaccurate and present as facts and things he knows invalidated rumors and speculation

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
wow...what a salty reply.
You should try and do your own videos then.
jesus...sometimes it's like you think nobody should be happy 🤦🏽‍♂️
There was nothing salty in my reply. Just my honest assessment of his recent videos unlike your assessment of my posts which has nothing to do with excitement or happiness but how we all contribute to this culture of overhyping and constantly having too high and often unrealistic expectations and constantly setting ourselves up for disappointment instead of potentially coming away from events pleasantly surprised and rinse and repeating.
Thanks! Sure, I am sure some people will hype themselves based off of my own excitement level. I can't help that tho. Hopefully Xbox nails the show and everyone is happy
Rand, once again it was not based on your excitement level but you contributing to actually overhyping it. Anyway, if you don't see it that way then that's fine but it was something I noticed in your recent videos. Nothing personal just a listener sharing how he felt about it in this thread.

I'm confident Xbox will have at minimum a really solid show.

Governergrimm

Jun 25, 2019

Like I said Colt isn't immune to fanboy nonsense but out of the group that parlays with dealer he is the least fanboyish.

Rand is just good people it seems.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Are games supposed to be a fun hobby? I truly don't understand replies like this, each person is responsible for their own hype and disappointment. If someone is excited, fuck tempering expectations, let them be hype. Mu expectations are sky high, and there is really no way to disappoint me because Halo will be there and other xbox goodness. I would be disappointed if I lost my job, not if the xbox show didn't reach my skyhigh hype levels.
True, but I hold somebody with a bigger platform and audience to a higher standard in that regard. I realize people may disagree and that's fine.

Dark Arisen

Oct 27, 2017

You said everything that i was thinking. People don't want to take responsibility for hype and thus if their expectations aren't meet they will blame Microsoft, Aaron Greenberg, Geoff, the Pope because their "hyping things too much"

Of course they are...is their business to make us excited to play their games.

The only way you could not get hyped for the Xbox Showcase is if you are not a Xbox Fan in first place (as in you don't care for their franchises or for the studios themselves)

Status
Not open for further replies.