• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
So I was about to buy one but it was the Xbox one version. Should I just buy the newer version with the USB-C cable? I just want to make certain that's compatible for Xbox One X, but also prepared for the future when I get a Xbox Series X.

Edit: Fuck it, I bought the newer version with USB-C cable. I'm pretty certain it's compatible with Xbox One and it's controllers.
It is compatible.

The battery itself is compatible with One and Series controllers. The only difference is that you need a USB-C cable to charge the Series controller and the a micro-USB cable is for charging the One controllers.

Btw guys, I can´t believe there isn´t but... Is there a way to tell when the Series controller is charged from the outside? I mean, without looking for that info on the accessories app on the console cause the USB-C cable that comes with the kit doesn´t have a LED or anything. Sucks tbh.

Last edited:

Arctic Chris

Dec 5, 2017
Ottawa Canada
I am trying to find the post(s) that describes how to tell via File Info if an XSX|S optimized game must be stored on the internal memory or if it can be moved to external SSD and still be played. Trying to make some room on my internal memory. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sep 1, 2020
I am trying to find the post(s) that describes how to tell via File Info if an XSX|S optimized game must be stored on the internal memory or if it can be moved to external SSD and still be played. Trying to make some room on my internal memory. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
When you are in your game libraty, use the menu button and select file info on the optimized for series consoles game. If its says gen9 is only playable from the ssd if it says durango or console type xboxone something like that you could transfer to an external drive and play it with all the updates without problem.

Quellyford

May 16, 2020
If I've never played any of the Gears game (the XSX is my first Xbox) can I jump straight into Gears 5?
Yes, Gears 5 was built as an entry point for new players. It has a tutorial, and a "Previously On Gears" section that shows you everything that happened in the games leading up to Gears 5. The developers built the game from the ground up to expand its audience and invite new players in.

Quellyford

May 16, 2020
my Series X will be here tomorrow!! What a ride! From giving my pre-order away to my young nephew for Christmas to constantly checking stock across multiple sites before finally finding one on Very.co.uk. My only trepidation is that it's being delivered by Yodel 😣
Congratulations, you're truly in for a big treat :) I'm in love with my Series X. Thinking of proposing next week.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020

Honestly, I have a feeling this guy might have a point here, even without insider information (which I believe he does not have), some of these visuals are just incredibly striking and I would be surprised if they were made just for marketing and weren't using concept art or something for upcoming games. Definitely getting Fable and Avowed vibes from a couple of them, but I have no idea what to make of the space/alien world ones, since I doubt those are related to Starfield

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
Honestly, I have a feeling this guy might have a point here, even without insider information (which I believe he does not have), some of these visuals are just incredibly striking and I would be surprised if they were made just for marketing and weren't using concept art or something for upcoming games. Definitely getting Fable and Avowed vibes from a couple of them, but I have no idea what to make of the space/alien world ones, since I doubt those are related to Starfield
It could be related to Starfield. The game has been in development for many years, longer than Fable or Avowed or any other Xbox game in development. I'm sure it has plenty of concept art Microsoft can sneakily use if they want. The acquisition may not be complete yet, but I'm sure Microsoft already has access to such things.

ZedKay101

May 31, 2020
All this talk of The Coalition makes me want them to expand and open up a second team - similar to Playground Games.

With this hypothetical second team, what type of game would you like them to tackle? I feel like they could produce an amazing horror game experience personally.

Spirited

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
What has people picked up for their xbox this black friday?

I found a great physical deal (all-time low of 275sek) on Sekiro for xbox one so I picked that up. Guess that'll be what I play until Cyberpunk releases!

lost7

Feb 20, 2018
I think I said at the beginning of the year that I expected Gears 5 to be one of the best looking games on next gen consoles and so it proved. Coalition on the series X will melt eyes lol

Jun 18, 2020
1bJz2zo.jpg

Why does Aaron do the things that he does lol

Jimmy1984

Banned
May 19, 2018
[QUOTE = "TheGriizlyBear, post: 52638062, membro: 72389"]
1bJz2zo.jpg

Perché Aaron fa le cose che fa lol
[/CITAZIONE]

Why SEGA, why? Ahahah

Fizie

Jan 21, 2018
What has people picked up for their xbox this black friday?

I found a great physical deal (all-time low of 275sek) on Sekiro for xbox one so I picked that up. Guess that'll be what I play until Cyberpunk releases!
I picked up Control Ultimate edition, Racoon city collection (RE2 and RE3) and Deus Ex Mankind Divided on the Xbox store. I already own RE2 and Deus Ex, but I wanted them digitally. Don't think I'll buy anything else until Cyberpunk.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
1bJz2zo.jpg

Why does Aaron do the things that he does lol

I really have to appreciate the trolling he does sometimes, this got a really good chuckle out of me.

Would be funny if it's hinting at a Sega or at least a Sonic partnership with this though. I just really hope it isn't an acquisition of any kind, I would honestly really hate that. But a Gamepass partnership or something would be rad even if he's just trolling and nothing will come of this

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
I really have to appreciate the trolling he does sometimes, this got a really good chuckle out of me.

Would be funny if it's hinting at a Sega or at least a Sonic partnership with this though. I just really hope it isn't an acquisition of any kind, I would honestly really hate that. But a Gamepass partnership or something would be rad even if he's just trolling and nothing will come of this

I really don't think he would be allowed to tease a Sega acquisition if it were legitimately in the works.

But a Sega and Game Pass partnership? That's possible.

m23

Oct 25, 2017

These are just some of the various themes available on series X. They don't mean anything.

Oct 27, 2017
Forza Horizon 4 is such an incredible racing game. Playground games makes it look so easy. The game plays so smoothly, looks so incredible. There is a sublime level of zen to it.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't done it for a while so... there's no issue with redeeming a code for a game from another region, right? I'm in the UK, can I just switch to US and redeem a US code?

I've bought gift cards for other regions plenty of times. But can't remember the last time I tried an actual game code. I can get Immortals for £44.99 but it's a US code. It's £59.99 in the UK.

The thing that's making me question it is because I tried to gift a game to a friend in the US once and that doesn't work cross-region. No matter what (switching regions, VPN, etc)

DuvalDevil

Nov 18, 2020
I haven't done it for a while so... there's no issue with redeeming a code for a game from another region, right? I'm in the UK, can I just switch to US and redeem a US code?

I've bought gift cards for other regions plenty of times. But can't remember the last time I tried an actual game code. I can get Immortals for £44.99 but it's a US code. It's £59.99 in the UK.

The thing that's making me question it is because I tried to gift a game to a friend in the US once and that doesn't work cross-region. No matter what (switching regions, VPN, etc)

You'll need a VPN for redeeming codes from other countries (plus switching to that country) I think. Tried that several times and it did not work without a VPN.

I bought Dirt 5 today and holy moly, that games pretty. I really dont know why there was so much discussion about those graphics - they are beautiful, especially at night. Its really fun, too. Great game!

PlayerOne

Apr 16, 2018
Never played Halo and wanted to give it a go with MCC but the first halo is one of the most boring games I have ever played. It probably gets a lot better after that right?

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
*sigh*

Is anyone having issues with hard crashes on the Series S? I can't play anything without it either booting to the home screen (Viva Piñata) or outright hard crashing the console (Halo 5, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Forza Horizon 4). Is this something that Microsoft talked about?
On Series X, yes. Getting soft locks almost every session and occasionally that hard crashes the console. Happens a lot with Dynasty Warriors, for whatever reason. Hasn't REALLY been that big of an issue for me, personally, because it boots back up so fast. But, of course, I'm worried about how this will progress in the future.

Not sure if I should be asking for a new one or what.. The console itself doesn't seem to be overheating or anything. But I figure I won't have one for a while if I do. Maybe it's something that gets solved with a bit more time..? Iono.

That desert better be Recore 2 😤
It won't be. But damn it :<, you're right.

Because Aaron loves hedgehogs. I get it. I sat next to one at a wedding once, they're neat.
You know that's HONESTLY what I thought of first. Didn't even make the connection until the second post on here haha. I was like oh yea, wasn't Aaron into hedgehogs or something? Cute.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
Never played Halo and wanted to give it a go with MCC but the first halo is one of the most boring games I have ever played. It probably gets a lot better after that right?
You must have not played very many games in your life.
I agree the level design is monotonous but for such large levels designed on such old hardware there wasn't really much else they could do at the time.
But yeah halo 2 has a lot more gripping story and halo 3 has a lot better level design.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
You know that's HONESTLY what I thought of first. Didn't even make the connection until the second post on here haha. I was like oh yea, wasn't Aaron into hedgehogs or something? Cute.

Feels like months ago but who knows, time means nothing this year. He posted that video to his story of some internet famous hedgehog and a green heart and people were all over it and I said the same thing "maybe dude just likes hedgehogs". I think this dude just likes hedgehogs.

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
I watched the flight sim no clip and in the same day watched the BGS no clip, Arkane no clip and outer worlds no clip, all in the same day lol.

A 343i, infinite noclip would be interesting but MS would never agree to that most likely.

Guerrilla

Oct 28, 2017
Play on heroic and learn how to play the game proper. ;) It's played very differently than most shooters, and I think a lot of issues first timers today have with it, is to approach it like call of duty with bullet sponge enemies. You are supposed to get close to the enemies. Punch A Lot, and throw grenades a lot. Use plasma pistols to drain shields And then switch to human weapons. There are different tactics for how to approach each enemy, though the normal difficulty allows to ignore all that imo and not even notice.

This is probably due to them having to make normal easier, since the shooter controls halo established, where super new and people weren't used to them yet.

Even though halo 1 is quite old, the dance you do with the enemies is still great and very unique when it clicks.

Last edited:

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro

Old news but didnt see it posted.

Slow month for hires for them when in previous months they were hiring 15 new people every single month.

Thoughts as to who these people are?

Edit: Just checked and they hired 14 people in the previous batch, so this new batch is a significant drop, I am almost expecting things to ramp up in 2021 again.

Last edited:

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
Is it possible that Psychonauts is getting all this extra time and all these extra resources so that it can be the best possible game it can be, but also that it can put as much distance between last gen and this gen so that when it finally comes out it is *almost* like an exclusive for the current gen? Maybe it comes out in Nov on PS4, Xbox One and Xbox Series and never shows up on PS5?

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Is it possible that Psychonauts is getting all this extra time and all these extra resources so that it can be the best possible game it can be, but also that it can put as much distance between last gen and this gen so that when it finally comes out it is *almost* like an exclusive for the current gen? Maybe it comes out in Nov on PS4, Xbox One and Xbox Series and never shows up on PS5?
That sounds very tinfoil hat conspiracy theory lol. The PS5 has backwards compatibility with the PS4 but also, they are just giving it time to make it the best game it can be, it doesn't need to be deeper than that.

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
It is possible it doesnt release on ps5 but I seriously doubt it.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
That sounds very tinfoil hat conspiracy theory lol. The PS5 has backwards compatibility with the PS4 but also, they are just giving it time to make it the best game it can be, it doesn't need to be deeper than that.
Maybe I should have said it is just a bonus to let it marinate as long as possible. Make it the absolute best it can be. It will obviously have to be compatible with PS5 at this point but it doesn't have to have whatever bells and whistles they care to put into it for the XSeries.

craven68

Jun 20, 2018
Maybe I should have said it is just a bonus to let it marinate as long as possible. Make it the absolute best it can be. It will obviously have to be compatible with PS5 at this point but it doesn't have to have whatever bells and whistles they care to put into it for the XSeries.
I really think they are going to get the best game possible on all Platforms. Microsoft is user friendly , this kind of things doesn't get a good réputation.

Status
Not open for further replies.