• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Yo Xbox Era.

recommend any good Local Co-op games? I'm gonna be spending time with my little cousin for the weekend and plan to play some games. Any shooters that ain't Call of Duty since he loves that already lol. I might get Resident Evil 3 remake also since I feel that would be fun as a playthough together.

By the way. Vote Biden.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Do you think Microsoft should have an answer for the DualSense sometime in this gen? Will they try to do something?

MS did the right thing by going safe design at launch.

It might sound fanboyish from me but they aren't the market leader and whenever they did something unique like Zune or Windows Phone ( I know lol), they kill it later. Same with Kinect which almost killed Xbox this gen.

If Sony as the market leader can make their controller features mandatory and game changing with all games, MS can easily revise and follow instead of doing it now and adding to the cost of console/accessories.

Trust me I want more features as much as you do and was disappointed but not a deal breaker at the moment considering I own Elite 2 and don't see myself playing any games without it.

Hasi

Banned
Apr 25, 2020

I'm expecting that's the embargo on Monday then. I wonder how they're spaced out, they probably have some idea of when PS5 embargoes are up, are they trying to sandwich them? It's interesting that the full "review" of the Series S would come first after all. Maybe to not get buried?

Mister_X

Aug 22, 2020
I'm expecting that's the embargo on Monday then. I wonder how they're spaced out, they probably have some idea of when PS5 embargoes are up, are they trying to sandwich them? It's interesting that the full "review" of the Series S would come first after all. Maybe to not get buried?

Based off Dealers YouTube vid it sounds like the Series X embargo ends on November 5th. So maybe Series S is 11/2, and SeriesX/PS5 on the 5th?

Neural

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Probably not. None of the dualsense features are going to take off because the baseline for multiplatform development is pc, and pc cant do anything that controller can.
Obviously. The same happened this gen with XO's impulse triggers and DS4's gyro, speaker and touchpad. These are nice features to have (and I'm sure the DualSense's ones are great), but they're used by a handful of games. The vast majority of games just ignore them.

craven68

Jun 20, 2018
After so many thought.....i just decided to stop upgrading my pc ( ryzen 1600X with a 1080 ti) to go to full consoles. I wanted to buy a ryzen 5600x with a new motherboard, and new gpu ( 3080 or 6800xt) but in the end, lastly i always got so many crash when i play on so many different games that i just want to play games without losing times.
SO....i had to find a PS5 and a Xbox serie x now !!!

Steelyuhas

Oct 27, 2017
I'm kind of hoping Starfield is actually releasing in Spring 2021, like Oblivion did. Then a TGAs announcement would be perfect even for Todd, though a trailer at TGAs would still make sense for a Fall 2021 release too, like Skyrim's marketing was.

Personally, I think Starfield was originally a Fall 2020 game that was pushed to 2021 because of Covid and the acquisition talks. Pete Hines was very quiet in the first half of the year when he was asked about Starfield being at E3 while he flat out denied TES 6 questions. I think they didn't know themselves if they were going to make 2020, and only in the middle of the year Hines said that they weren't ready to talk about Starfield yet, which is understandable, considering the acquisition talks. Remember shinobi saying that a new IP from a third party was supposed to be at Xbox's July event but would be shown later this year? I think he meant Starfield.
Oh yeah, if it were Spring 2021 then that would be totally different. I'm assuming it's fall/holiday 2021 at the earliest.
Oh you mean because the purchase isn't complete until next year? I didn't think about that.
Yeah

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
Let me know how you like Legion so it makes up my mind if I want the game now :D I do wonder how much agency you really have in this title. The premise to be experiencing tons of different recruitment missions sounds awesome. I wonder how many there are and how different each playthrough of a quest with a different character would feel. I find it a fascinating idea just to have players build up their very own crew of hackers to their liking. Not many games with so much agency. At least on paper, so I'll be curious how you find this aspect. Will you play on permadeath?

Enjoy! :)

I haven't decided yet, but I think I'm leaning towards permadeath. A couple of reviews have said it feels a bit easy otherwise, and hard + permadeath feels like the way it was meant to be played. I think that makes some sense, given the whole recruitment system.

I have some time to decide; I'll play an hour or so when it arrives so I can see what performance is like on the One X, and then shelve it until the Series X gets here so I can appreciate the upgrade :) I might restart at that point.

Nov 29, 2019
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Given the job description, we can say PG is using a modified version of ForzaTech engine for new fable.
unknown.png

Yeah, there was a lot of hints before about this proprietary engine. IF it's Forza Engine... well, i hope we don't have another Frostbite situation.

Nov 2, 2017
Seeing watch dogs legion performance in digital foundry's review on base Xbox one is why I'm holding off playing it and other games till I get the new system.

Have a regular Xbox one and I'm just tired of weak performance games on it.

HonestAbe

May 19, 2020
Do you think Microsoft should have an answer for the DualSense sometime in this gen? Will they try to do something?

I think it was smart not to. Their whole goal is all games will be playable on future devices. If it turns gimmicky and you have games that need those features you lock yourself into always including those feature or you have to drop the games (see: Kinect games and Series).

andresmoros

Oct 29, 2017
Houston
I'm kind of hoping Starfield is actually releasing in Spring 2021, like Oblivion did. Then a TGAs announcement would be perfect even for Todd, though a trailer at TGAs would still make sense for a Fall 2021 release too, like Skyrim's marketing was.

Personally, I think Starfield was originally a Fall 2020 game that was pushed to 2021 because of Covid and the acquisition talks. Pete Hines was very quiet in the first half of the year when he was asked about Starfield being at E3 while he flat out denied TES 6 questions. I think they didn't know themselves if they were going to make 2020, and only in the middle of the year Hines said that they weren't ready to talk about Starfield yet, which is understandable, considering the acquisition talks. Remember shinobi saying that a new IP from a third party was supposed to be at Xbox's July event but would be shown later this year? I think he meant Starfield.
Spring 2021? Don't make me dream 🥺

Xadra

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2018
Question to y'all: what do we expect to be the next purchase for Microsoft?

I don't think we'll be seeing more publishers, but more devs, absolutely. My bet is Asobo Studio, or maybe Techland? What do y'all think?
My random thoughts on some acquisitions.
  • After seeing the evolution of Bloober Team, I truly believe they have potential to develop some amazing IPs. And with the financial support from Microsoft, it would be easier for them to do it. But being a Public Company it's off the list as a posible acquisition.
  • Asobo Studio? I can see it happening. I also would bet on them.
  • Dlala Studios. They developed Battletoads and helped Rare with Sea of Thieves. And even if they were established 12 years ago (2008) they don't really appear to have a lot of experience (talking from their output of games). So not really interesting to Microsoft and their XboxGamePass strategy but maybe... NO not happening.
  • An acquisition I think would be crazy would be Level-5. They are worthy but maybe not so much for Xbox audience.

The other day I just went over the list of developers just for fun. At the end, what excites me, is the future output of these studios. With Microsoft financial support I expect them to deliver more and better games to play.

mentok15

Dec 20, 2017
Australia
Has anyone actually seen any Xbox Series commercials on TV? (or PS5 for that matter) I think the only thing I've seen so far is a Watchdogs commercial that has the little Xbox flair at the end

Do they start marketing the new consoles after launch as it's not needed cause pre-orders sold out anyway?
Ive got a Samsung tv where the menu has adds, it had a ps5 one the other day.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Asobo worked their ass off for MS in several occasions. MS needs them the most imo.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Yo Xbox Era.

recommend any good Local Co-op games? I'm gonna be spending time with my little cousin for the weekend and plan to play some games. Any shooters that ain't Call of Duty since he loves that already lol. I might get Resident Evil 3 remake also since I feel that would be fun as a playthough together.

By the way. Vote Biden.
Try Diablo 3

Guerrilla

Oct 28, 2017
Yo Xbox Era.

By the way. Vote Biden.
Dude, if you haven't played a way out yet, that's the one you should play... Crazy good for a prolonged couch coop session. If you finish it together, you'll think of it for some time to come...

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017

They should take a wait and see approach (not that they really have much choice at this point). See if anything sticks and consider if it's worth including.

They already have a great controller that works well across the platforms they support and is easy to do forthcoming backwards compatibility with.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Yo Xbox Era.

By the way. Vote Biden.

ODST firefight (in MCC)

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Asobo worked their ass off for MS in several occasions. MS needs them the most imo.

They would be such a great studio for Xbox. They've already partnered with them on many projects and recent games like A Plague Tale and Flight Simulator demonstrate their technical capabilities, while also being beloved by their audiences.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Don't think he'll like that game. But I'll check some videos on it.
Dude, if you haven't played a way out yet, that's the one you should play... Crazy good for a prolonged couch coop session. If you finish it together, you'll think of it for some time to come...
Already played it. We thought it was okay. We had more fun failing the action commands and seeing the scenes that played out. Some were pretty funny.
ODST firefight (in MCC)
Got that downloaded already. We're huge Halo fans.

M4xim1l1ano

Oct 29, 2017
Santiago, Stockholm, Vienna
Considering how sudden the Bethesda announcement came, I don't think any of these "insiders" or tweeters have any idea of possible acquisitions.
If any, we will find out like same day or one day before the announcement, like we did with Bethesda. I don't remember any leaks of any of the acquisitions MS made the last 2-3 or so years (Obsidian, Ninja Theory, double fine etc)..

For some reason I think Valve might be in the pipeline, mostly to strengthen their PC side of the equation. It would help with a PC store frontend and perhaps there can be a proper synergy/integration between PC/Console/Mobile..

Status
Not open for further replies.