• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
I've heard about this. Apparently the "publishing" arm of XGS is the one that handles third-party studios, not like Playground who are making the new Fable game.

I'm guessing remasters of the older Fable games.

FaultLineBlues

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Jul 14, 2020
I do think it's important to point out that this is XGS Publishing, so it likely isn't the Playground Fable, since they're first party.

gabegabe

Jul 5, 2018
Brazil
Since this won't be related to Playground's Fable, I hope it means remaster to the old games. I liked Fable 2 but the 30 fps and weird delayed input really annoyed me. I'd love to replay it at 60 fps and better resolution.

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
Old games optimized for X/S
Fable 1-3 remasters for Xbox and PC would be nice. Make them run in 4K/60FPS with some visual touch ups and get them shipped. They don't need to completely remake them with a new game on the way.

(As for BC improvements. I don't think they've managed to FPS boost a 360 game yet, right? I doubt XGP would have anything to do with the BC program anyways)

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
Fable 2 Anniversary on Xbox/PC please :)

Although it looks like Fable The Lost Chapters released 10/18 and Fable 2 10/21...but Fable 3 is 10/26. I really do hope it's a Fable 2 Anniversary and perhaps they bring back Fable 3 on PC too!

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
It's definitely gonna be remasters for Fable 2 and Fable 3 in the similar style of Fable Anniversary coming to Xbox Systems & PC, right? If that's case, I do hope that it's available sooner rather than later

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't mind a remake of Fable. Remaster wouldn't be enough for me at this point in time however, might as well wait for the new game. Loved the original but a bit outdated for me to revisit in its original form.

Still, more Fable is brilliant news.

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
FABLE HEROES 2 LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I unironically want a sequel to Fable Heroes. For a side project it was actually pretty fun. At the time it was nice to get a new soundtrack by Robin Beanland and Steve Burke too.

I wonder when I jumped into the Universe where Fable 3 was good hmm
I consider Fable III to be a good, but flawed game. It was clearly rushed to the market in time for the 360 S push that fall, and it definitely suffered from it.

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
Setting my expectations at 'FPS Boost/Res boost' for Fable 1:Anniversary, Fable 2, and Fable 3 (Anniversary is also res boosted).

Kittenz

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
FABLE HEROES 2 LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Fable 2 launched October 24 and Fable 3 launched October 29. So it's not an exact anniversary. (Fable proper was September.) And it's not a year ending in 5 or 0 anniversary either.

But if they made a Fable 2 Anniversary or a Fable Anniversary Trilogy optimized for S/X? I'm down for a replay. It would make sense to make them more playable/attractive for new players before they get to the new game hype. It's been over a decade, so no kiddos have played these and it would be nice to have in the GP library.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Whatever it is, it better come to PC too, which I can imagine won't happen if it's just a back-compat update for Xbox Series's like people are mentioning. Would that even be worth teasing?

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Make sense to re release some stuff and put stuff on PC also. With a new fable coming. Wouldn't be the first time they done this

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Remake of the old games in a trilogy package would be my dream announcement. I don't think that's what this will be, because I want to keep my expectations in check.

Edit: I think this tweet rules out just BC improvements. Whatever this announcement is about, it's something new (new game, remaster, remake or bundle).

Last edited:

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Fable 2 launched October 24 and Fable 3 launched October 29. So it's not an exact anniversary. (Fable proper was September.) And it's not a year ending in 5 or 0 anniversary either.

But if they made a Fable 2 Anniversary or a Fable Anniversary Trilogy optimized for S/X? I'm down for a replay. It would make sense to make them more playable/attractive for new players before they get to the new game hype. It's been over a decade, so no kiddos have played these and it would be nice to have in the GP library.

As someone said, Lost Chapters came out in NA 16 years ago tomorrow.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Fable 2 and 3 remastered makes sense before Fable 4. It's been a whole generation since Fable Anniversary.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017

I mean, they could announce Anniversary remasters tomorrow that come out on the anniversary dates. It's about a week away, enough time for marketing.

gabegabe

Jul 5, 2018
Brazil
Remake of the old games in a trilogy package would be my dream announcement. I don't think that's what this will be, because I want to keep my expectations in check.

Edit: I think this tweet rules out just BC improvements. Whatever this announcement is about, it's something new (new game, remaster, remake or bundle).

I hope it's a trilogy remaster!

indosmoke

Oct 30, 2017
France
Thank you.
Fable 3 is not the best in the series, but it's nowhere near as terrible as it's (sometimes) painted over here.

Re. the tease, whatever it is, I just hope it's related to an actual game, and not just a digital event, merchandising, or partnership of some kind.

...Although tbh I'm hungry for anything Fable related so, bring it on.