• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chobel

Attempting to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyway, according to LG's press release "New research" shows that console gamers, specifically those on Xbox, are the kings of gaming circles, superior supposedly to their PlayStation counterparts and those on PC.

The same press release from LG - in partnership with Activision - goes on to suggest that the study found console gamers (predominantly on Xbox) have better reaction ability than PC gamers.

[....]
"More than 1,400 gamers participated in LG's Elite Reaction Test, created in partnership with Activision," the press release explained.

"PC gamers happened to fare the worst, with an average reaction accuracy of 67.7%, compared to Xbox players who had an average accuracy of 77.1%.

"When taking the test, users were required to click on targets that faded from green to red as quickly as possible to help increase their score."

The overall reaction score a player received was based on a number of different factors including: Accuracy, Targets hit, Targets missed and how quickly the target was hit.

"Overall reaction scores produced from the test show console gamers to have the best reactions, or 'twitchiness', with Xbox gamers having an average reaction score of 79.7 and PlayStation gamers with 71.9. PC gamers had the lowest average reaction score, with 62.2.

"In terms of number of targets hit, Xbox gamers led the way with 78% of clicks on target. PlayStation gamers hit 74%, whilst PC gamers hit just 70% of the time.

"Although PC gamers hit fewer targets than their console counterparts, they were, however, the quickest to react with almost 1 in 5 (18%) of the targets hit being green.

"Compared to Xbox players who only hit 9% of targets while they were green. This meant that while PC gamers were less accurate overall, they did seem to have itchier trigger-fingers.

More here https://www./tech/gaming/753215/Xbo...ng-to-LG-s-completely-scientific-new-research

Lock if old

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Well I play mostly on PlayStation so that's probably about right then.

Dec 5, 2018
Bethesda, North Wales
Ohhh my god is this thread going to be good.

giphy.gif

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
PC gamers are mad as hell and they're on their way to this thread

But they won't be here until the 2nd page because they're so slow

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
When I was a PS1 gamer my reaction times were better than now that I'm a PS4 gamer.
Current generation is clearly a downgrade. /s
Sample selection is clearly important and PC gamer is probably too broad to derive any conclusion? Not that Xbox gamer or Playstation gamer isn't broad but PC is much more.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
Could it be that Console gamers have to compensate the lower responsiveness of controllers vs m&kb, so in a straight comparision of reaction times they come ot ahead ?
Meaning that M&KB are faster, so PC gamers reaction times are less fast, since they dont need to be as fast as a Console player who has to use more time just aiming.

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
Let's get mad about this hilariously nonsensical and inaccurate test Era! Ready?! Ra Ra Ra rabble rabble rawr!!
It's a dumb test, but I mean, it's just that, a dumb test. Some people are gonna legitimately get angry about this though...

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
I checked the test and I'm not seeing how this correlates to the results? The test is on a pc using a mouse no matter what system you pick, am I missing something?

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017

oni-link

Oct 25, 2017
UK
But from the testing method mentioned in the article both Console are PC gamers used a mouse(since you needed to "click" on the square).

Console gamers just grabbed the mouse and started clicking

PC gamers went into settings first to change the FOV and resolution, then they started the test, wasting precious minutes

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
For console I'd believe that average Xbox gamers have better accuracy and reaction speeds than the average players on other consoles. Since the main games on Xbox has always been competitive shooters.

But the PC one is surprising unless there's more old pc gamers . In always seeing people land insanely accurate shots on PC shooters but it might just be skill based matchmaking hiding the average level players.

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Console gamers just grabbed the mouse and started clicking

PC gamers went into settings first to change the FOV and resolution, then they started the test, wasting precious minutes

Lol.

I'm an Xbox gamer, tried the test.

Sorry to my elite brothers and sisters for dragging down that average.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
For console I'd believe that average Xbox gamers have better accuracy and reaction speeds than the average players on other consoles. Since the main games on Xbox has always been competitive shooters.

But the PC one is surprising unless there's more old pc gamers . In always seeing people land insanely accurate shots on PC shooters but it might just be skill based matchmaking hiding the average level players.
If we think about the kind of games that are most popular on PC - sure, shooters are up there, but there's also plenty of slower-paced strategy and simulation games that aren't as prevalent on consoles. There'd be a good reason to expect PC gamers who played mostly shooters to have good accuracy and reaction time, but no real reason to expect that for players whose game preferences come from most other genres.

oni-link

Oct 25, 2017
UK
ResetEra: What do we want?
Console games: Great games
ResetEra: When do we want them?
Console games: Now!

ResetEra: What do we want?
PC gamers: ...
ResetEra: When do we want them?
PC gamers: Great games

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
If we think about the kind of games that are most popular on PC - sure, shooters are up there, but there's also plenty of slower-paced strategy and simulation games that aren't as prevalent on consoles. There'd be a good reason to expect PC gamers who played mostly shooters to have good accuracy and reaction time, but no real reason to expect that for players whose game preferences come from most other genres.
True I didn't think about this. The main reason I got into PC gaming was FPS but pretty much all of the most played games on my steam friends lists are strategy and RPG

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
this is based on CoD, right?
it makes sense, the console versions have sticky aim.
PC version too if you're using a controller (thats the case in CoD WW2 at least, not sure about the others. I think maybe they removed it in Black Ops 4, but i'm not sure). This can be turned off if you like, goes for both PC and console versions.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Playstation confirmed to offer the best multiplayer experience as it'll be easier to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.