• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Yea because I cried when FFXIII and FFXV were released on the Xbox. Fuck outta here. Playstation made FF famous. SE should owe it to them anyways. Most people on xbox don't care for JRPGs anyways. Why should it matter?

You know what 3rd party exclusive creates? The incentive to make better RPGs to compete with that said RPGs. I wonder if people begged for Live and Madden on the Dreamcast if we would have gotten the 2K series? I really hope it doesn't go to Xbox. The PC definitely should get the port.
Whatyearisit.gif

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
We are talking about the same Square Enix who doesn't acknowledge on their official Twitter that Dragon Quest Builders 2 will also launch on Switch. They only mention the PS4 version every time they tweet about it. I know this is not exactly the same situation but such a platform shenanigans would not surprise me one bit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think it is because Nintendo is publishing Dragon Quest Builders 2 in the west, not Square Enix.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
You think Sony made the trailer? Heh, sure. Just because Sony has it on their Youtube channels doesn't mean they made the trailer.

And it's not some freaking tag, it's a statement "First on PS4" or "Debut on PS4", clearly visible in the trailer and not some hidden metainformation or some #tags under the video description (which btw would be just as easy to correct).
Sony didn't make the trailer, but I'd expect them to put a tag of coming first to PS4 in the trailer on their channel. The last time they did coming first to PS4 at the end of the trailer was 3.5 years ago. The fact they didn't stick to the same format doesn't necessarily mean something.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Not sure why this is being ignored. Straight from the horse's mouth. It will eventually be on other platforms hence the wording of First on PS4 but not at launch.
dont you see, the ps4 version obviously releases 5 minutes before the xbox one version, so square wont acknowledge existence until the last 5 minutes before launch ;p

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
For those saying Sony might have a deal with Square to keep them from mentioning other platforms ... is this something that happened before? I only ask because I find this practice on a whole different level of distastefulness. I sort of understand the idea of not mentioning another version of the game that would come a year later, but not mentioning the game coming out on different platforms on the same date is a big no no for me.

It happened with Diablo 3 I think. It's disgusting.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You two should be advocating for the same release date and put an end to these third party deals that do nothing except fuel the console wars.

Pretty sure FFVII being timed exclusive isn't about fuelling fanboy wars, it's going to bring Sony huge mindshare and likely boost console sales.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely a mistake, even SE has put "First on PS" on the trailers. That means it's at least 1 yr

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Honestly, this FF7R deal is not any better than the Rise of the Tomb Raider one. I'm all against it for titles that can find audiences on any platform. Let everyone enjoy this.

I expect six or twleve months of exclusivity and that's it.

I wish we knew like with Titanfall how long this deal will hold though.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Sony didn't make the trailer, but I'd expect them to put a tag of coming first to PS4 in the trailer on their channel. The last time they did coming first to PS4 at the end of the trailer was 3.5 years ago. The fact they didn't stick to the same format doesn't necessarily mean something.

And you don't think that they want to shout out "FIRST ON PS4" on every possible occasion

Believe what you want, i'm out of this thread tryring to argue with some diehards. Even with MS saying "internal mistake", it doesn't say what mistake. Posted too early? That sure is a mistake. Posted wrong information? That's a mistake, too.

It's still 50/50 at this point, despite what you want.

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
It seems that the original Facebook post was in error and has since been deleted. If new information emerges a new thread can be made.

Status
Not open for further replies.