• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neat

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
The official Xbox Germany facebook page posted the following to their timeline:

D_DSqR2XkAIsr16.png

They later deleted it.

Now this is significant for two reasons:
  1. The game hasn't even been announced for platforms other than the PS4. However, we always knew from the very start that it wasn't a full exclusive (more on that in a sec), though I think most of us expected a PC release at the very least. An Xbox release, while not surprising, wasn't something entirely set in stone imo
  2. March 3rd 2020 is also the date the game will release on PS4. In other words, the post implies that the Xbox version will release day and date with the PS4 version. When the game was first revealed at Sony's E3 2015 conference, Sony and Square Enix made it very clear that you will be able to play it "first on PlayStation". Did the timed exclusive deal fall through?
Editorial mistake, or something bigger? Let me know what you think

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised to see it hit multiple platforms, but yeah I think PlayStation will have a window of exclusivity.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
If it was coming day and date with the PS4 version then we would have known from SE by now.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
any proof this actually happened or did you just take that from the internet?

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I m sure it's minimum one month exclusive. As if it was day and date sE would announce it at e3 to open the pre-order for xbox

wapplew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Another one of those Sony pay to stop publisher mention the game on other platfrom deal.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like a mistake - then again the likelihood of SE keeping such a expensive project as an exclusive forever is low.

So expect a PS4 exclusivity this gen and it to come to PC and Xbox by the time the next generations rolls around for a re-release.

Dat E3 of dreams tho
The game coming to other plattform down the line doesn't diminish the announcement at all.

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Either an error on Xbox Germany's part or Sony have a deal with SE where no other platforms can be mentioned. I'll go with the error 60>40

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Seems like a mistake - then again the likelihood of SE keeping such a expensive project as an exclusive is low.

So expect a PS4 exclusivity this gen and it to come to PC and Xbox by the time the next generations rolls around for a re-release.
It was announced as timed exclusive and never full exclusive. So it is 100 % coming to other platforms

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
sony earned their exclusive rights to this. gtfo microsoft.

/s

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't be the 1st time that Xbox DACH (which is Germany, Austria and Switzerland btw and not just Germany) does a mistake like that.

But then again... it wouldn't be the 1st time that Square Enix does stupid shit like this, so I don't really know what to think.

Kazaam

Oct 26, 2017
London
For those saying Sony might have a deal with Square to keep them from mentioning other platforms ... is this something that happened before? I only ask because I find this practice on a whole different level of distastefulness. I sort of understand the idea of not mentioning another version of the game that would come a year later, but not mentioning the game coming out on different platforms on the same date is a big no no for me.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
It was announced as timed exclusive and never full exclusive. So it is 100 % coming to other platforms

I wonder - on that front - what the plan is for exclusivity for the episodes. Is it just first release of Ep1 that's exclusive? That's the only title they're actually talking about currently (which makes sense, of course), but given that the development has run-on for a bit but episodic titles generally benefit from regular release schedules, I wonder what the plan is if Ep2 is delayed; whether they release Ep2 the intended delay after all platforms, or if they release it as close as possible to the original planned release date (which would make secondary platforms 'catch up' over time)

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
For those saying Sony might have a deal with Square to keep them from mentioning other platforms ... is this something that happened before? I only ask because I find this practice on a whole different level of distastefulness. I sort of understand the idea of not mentioning another version of the game that would come a year later, but not mentioning the game coming out on different platforms on the same date is a big no no for me.
I think they did something similar with the PC version of Nier but IIRC SE announced it before. Also DQ was "announced" at some point for Switch so this would be a different situation.

Seems really strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.