• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jesu

Oct 26, 2017
UK
For those saying Sony might have a deal with Square to keep them from mentioning other platforms ... is this something that happened before? I only ask because I find this practice on a whole different level of distastefulness. I sort of understand the idea of not mentioning another version of the game that would come a year later, but not mentioning the game coming out on different platforms on the same date is a big no no for me.

Diablo 3 was announced for PS4 in Feb 2013, seemingly as a next gen console exclusive.
In May 2014, 3 months before it released it was announce as coming to Xbox One as well.
Sounds familiar.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Okay then, run me through a logical situation where the Xbox team messes something up like this. What's going on in the office that causes something like this to happen?

Plans change, maybe they worked something out in the past month.

I'd sooner believe this is a dumb employee trolling than I would believe it's a mistake on their part. It's not a simple typo, it's an entire announcement. Like "oops boss, I thought this huge game that's known to be PS4 exclusive was coming to Xbox too and wrote out a whole announcement for it! My bad, please don't fire me I didn't know!"

It just doesn't make sense
i am not arguing about the game not coming to xbox at some point, i am arguing about it coming in march 3rd 2020, same day as ps4, when it was said to be "first on ps4" last month.
its possible that they were told FF7R will come to Xbox, were not given a data and jumped the gun with a march 3rd date and then taken it down.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
SE just announced less than a month ago that the game is still coming first to PS4. it'd be very weird to announce the game coming day and date with the PS4 version after that.

SQEX also had huge ass banners and special ankle bands with the september 2016 release date for FF XV made for GamesCom 2016, only to announce the delay two days before the expo opened for the business visitors.

Sometimes things change, or maybe even SQEX made a mistake in their PR, as the recent trailers don't show anything about coming first to PS4 anymore.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
i am not arguing about the game not coming to xbox at some point, i am arguing about it coming in march 3rd 2020, same day as ps4, when it was said to be "first on ps4" last month.
its possible that they were told FF7R will come to Xbox, were not given a data and jumped the gun with a march 3rd date and then taken it down.
Well then I can agree with you there.

Hopefully we hear about it soon, as maybe it was put out too early. Probably very soon in that cass

JetroPT

Jun 11, 2019
Okay then, run me through a logical situation where the Xbox team messes something up like this. What's going on in the office that causes something like this to happen?

Plans change, maybe they worked something out in the past month.

I'd sooner believe this is a dumb employee trolling than I would believe it's a mistake on their part. It's not a simple typo, it's an entire announcement. Like "oops boss, I thought this huge game that's known to be PS4 exclusive was coming to Xbox too and wrote out a whole announcement for it! My bad, please don't fire me I didn't know!"

It just doesn't make sense

Of course mistakes happen. I mean major Nelson had to come on Twitter to say that mgs 5 in not an xbox exclusive and apologize.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
SQEX also had huge ass banners and special ankle bands with the september 2016 release date for FF XV made for GamesCom 2016, only to announce the delay two days before the expo opened for the business visitors.

Sometimes things change, or maybe even SQEX made a mistake in their PR, as the recent trailers don't show anything about coming first to PS4 anymore.
We know the story behind that date change though. It was almost not approved by upper management, and they couldn't get those banners remade in time. I don't think that analogy quite works with an announcement that can be made online via PR months before the game launches.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
what if Sony's timed-exclusivity is only for like the first 12 hours of the release day

Jaxar

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
People really want this to remain exclusive huh

I thought it was basically universally agreed that it was only a timed exclusivity for the PS4?

Launching on the same day as the PS4 version would be really interesting though. Either some sort of deal has fallen through or all parties involved have been seriously shady.

Deleted member 5309

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We are talking about the same Square Enix who doesn't acknowledge on their official Twitter that Dragon Quest Builders 2 will also launch on Switch. They only mention the PS4 version every time they tweet about it. I know this is not exactly the same situation but such a platform shenanigans would not surprise me one bit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's because Nintendo is publishing and handling the marketing for the Switch version. Square Enix only mentions PS4 because that's the only version they are publishing themselves. Yes it's dumb but that's because Nintendo is making it dumb.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Will end on PC and Xbox anyway someday. Third Party full exclusives are pretty much dead. Even Octopath and Nioh got a PC release eventually.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
That's because Nintendo is publishing and handling the marketing for the Switch version. Square Enix only mentions PS4 because that's the only version they are publishing themselves. Yes it's dumb but that's because Nintendo is making it dumb.
Just like with the Switch port of The World Ends With You. There is a precedent for some Switch Square Enix games to be marketed exclusively (or almost exclusively) by Nintendo outside of Japan.

jesu

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Yes. Did you see me port begging for Lost Odyssey last gen? You guys just want to play it safe. Buy the console if you feel the game is worth it. You know how many games on Xbox that I wanted to play but I couldn't? Too bad.

How upset will you be if it does release on the xbox one?
Will you cry?

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017

That shit was probably printed well in advanced, as was the decision to delay the game. And we've seen mistakes in trailers (especially with Sony and their tags), but in a PR statement?

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
That shit was probably printed well in advanced, as was the decision to delay the game. And we've seen mistakes in trailers (especially with Sony and their tags), but in a PR statement?

Why is a mistake in a PR message less likely than missing a sentence in a trailer where it is much easier to notice?

Isayas

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
User Warned: Console wars
How upset will you be if it does release on the xbox one?
Will you cry?

Yea because I cried when FFXIII and FFXV were released on the Xbox. Fuck outta here. Playstation made FF famous. SE should owe it to them anyways. Most people on xbox don't care for JRPGs anyways. Why should it matter?

You know what 3rd party exclusive creates? The incentive to make better RPGs to compete with that said RPGs. I wonder if people begged for Live and Madden on the Dreamcast if we would have gotten the 2K series? I really hope it doesn't go to Xbox. The PC definitely should get the port.

Fortinbras

Oct 27, 2017
Yes. Did you see me port begging for Lost Odyssey last gen? You guys just want to play it safe. Buy the console if you feel the game is worth it. You know how many games on Xbox that I wanted to play but I couldn't? Too bad.
Lost Odyssey was a first party game. FF7 is third party. It's a difference. Of course FF7 Remake will come to Xbox One at some point.

Square Enix are treating their Xbox customers like shit this whole Gen.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
For those saying Sony might have a deal with Square to keep them from mentioning other platforms ... is this something that happened before? I only ask because I find this practice on a whole different level of distastefulness. I sort of understand the idea of not mentioning another version of the game that would come a year later, but not mentioning the game coming out on different platforms on the same date is a big no no for me.

Not sure if they actually pulled that for a game release, but they did do it for the CoD: WWII Beta marketing. It became a joke for like a week and Reddit even renamed r/Xbox to r/OtherPlatform.

FF7 should remain exclusive because I couldn't play The Lost Oddysey is some real petty shit lmao

The 1st post was already weird enough, but then they doubled down... lol

I don't know, but the company behind the game NOT being the one that is advertising the game on every platform that it'll release on, is one of the dumbest things that I've heard. It shouldn't matter who is helping you with getting the game out... it's still your product that you want to sell. These deals, especially when it comes to Square Enix, are just incredibly stupid.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yea because I cried when FFXIII and FFXV were released on the Xbox. Fuck outta here. Playstation made FF famous. SE should owe it to them anyways. Most people on xbox don't care for JRPGs anyways. Why should it matter?

You know what 3rd party exclusive creates? The incentive to make better RPGs to compete with that said RPGs. I wonder if people begged for Live and Madden on the Dreamcast if we would have gotten the 2K series? I really hope it doesn't go to Xbox. The PC definitely should get the port.
Whatyearisit.gif

I can't believe posts like these still exist in 2019.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

cringe

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Why is a mistake in a PR message less likely than missing a sentence in a trailer where it is much easier to notice?
Because Sony is notorious for fucking up exclusive tags in their first and third party trailers, and PR statements are easier to change in case there was a change in plans.

If PS made the series famous why should they port it then to PC but not Xbox? You're still getting the game on PS4. chill down.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017

You must be mentally disturbed to wish for a videogame not to release on a platform.

jesu

Oct 26, 2017
UK

You sound immature.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017

Lmao. this is quite embarrassing.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's 6 month exclusive and will Lunch on Scarlett and ps5 in November again most probably

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
any proof this actually happened or did you just take that from the internet?
because this is an obvious mistake, if final fantasy 7 remake is releasing on xbox, you wont hear about it until 6~12 months post launch,
Not everything is console wars.....the game being exclusive or not has nothing to do with why people are excited for the game.
You two should be advocating for the same release date and put an end to these third party deals that do nothing except fuel the console wars.

Nelson also tweeted that MGS5 was a full exclusive for Xbox.

Speaking of advocates of console wars.

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece

Can't be serious.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Well, there it is.

I would have thought this to be the usual 6 months-ish exclusivity period.

"Internal mistake" can be anything, posted to early or posted completely wrong information ... you know.

Because Sony is notorious for fucking up exclusive tags in their first and third party trailers, and PR statement are easier to change in case there was a change in plans.

You think Sony made the trailer? Heh, sure. Just because Sony has it on their Youtube channels doesn't mean they made the trailer.

And it's not some freaking tag, it's a statement "First on PS4" or "Debut on PS4", clearly visible in the trailer and not some hidden metainformation or some #tags under the video description (which btw would be just as easy to correct).

Status
Not open for further replies.