• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Y'all better not get in my way as I fight for one.

(Just kidding I love you all)

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Could just be 825k from their carbon neutral plants.

Wil348

Oct 25, 2017
There has to be more to this, because that sounds shockingly low for total produced units so far.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
It could be only the carbon-neutral ones tho.
Egx7s-kUYAIL3-a

Prime2

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think its a total for how many they have made, Microsoft says it has manufactured 825,000 Xbox Series X consoles so far as part of a pilot program "for more ambitious carbon-neutral hardware goals."

Timlot

Banned
Nov 27, 2019
They did sell 3 million Xbox One consoles worldwide in holiday 2013 with a $500 and really bad PR.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
So, 825k just from the carbon neutral pilot program. I wonder how many they'll have total going into November.

PapaJustify

Nov 3, 2017
Germany
The actual news is that they are producing carbon-neutral. Xbox looks more attractive by the minute.

EDIT: Apparently only news to me.

Mecha

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honduras
Shipping and distribution take a lot of time, specially in a Covid world were food and medical supplies take priority in freight and customs. So probably the consoles releasing on november are already on containers and I imagine by this point there should be way more than 825k produced or we are seeing massive shortages or very low sales projections.

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit! Microsoft is WAY behind then!

Although 10m does seem way too high though since Sony just made the statement that stock will be limited and they were taking very limited preorders.
No, it was reported by Bloomberg that they decided to boost production by 50% for 10 million until the end of the fiscal year (March 2021).

www.eurogamer.net

Sony dramatically boosts PlayStation 5 production this year - reports

PlayStation 5 production has been dramatically scaled up, according to multiple reports.Both Bloomberg and Nikkei Asian…

And the limited preorders in the US only applies to PlayStation Direct, Sony's own digital retailer store. All other retailers (Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart etc.) will have their own preorder strategies.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
So my memory wasn't playing tricks on me.
Nope

Microsoft Xbox | Microsoft certifies 825,000 Xbox consoles CarbonNeutral®

In 2019 the company decided to go further by beginning the journey to expand its carbon neutrality from operations to the life-cycle of its products. As a first step, it has made 825,000 Xbox consoles CarbonNeutral®, to become the world's first gaming console to become a carbon neutral product...

Skeff

Oct 29, 2017
If the early November launch is true they have another month to make more xbox to ensure they ship and arrive in time, so probably 1.6 million units at launch and so 3 million for the year, which IIRC Is the same as the xbox one, if they produce about 800k units a month, which seems reasonable as they would have been in production 8 weeks or so now whilst ramping up production.

2013 was 3 millions xb1 sold and 4.2 million ps4 for reference.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit! Microsoft is WAY behind then!

Although 10m does seem way too high though since Sony just made the statement that stock will be limited and they were taking very limited preorders.

Sony is talking about 10 million by the end of their fiscal year which is March 2021.

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
No, it was reported by Bloomberg that they decided to boost production by 50% for 10 million until the end of the fiscal year (March 2021).

www.eurogamer.net

Sony dramatically boosts PlayStation 5 production this year - reports

PlayStation 5 production has been dramatically scaled up, according to multiple reports.Both Bloomberg and Nikkei Asian…

And the limited preorders in the US only applies to PlayStation Direct, Sony's own digital retailer store. All other retailers (Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart etc.) will have their own preorder strategies.
Okay, thanks. 10 million by March 2021 still sounds impressive.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't mean they did they impossible and made 825k consoles that produced no carbon emissions in the entire process of making the console. It means that of the ones they made, they offset through planting trees or whatever metric they're using to justify it as carbon neutral.

Deleted member 45460

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 27, 2018
Hardware stock for both should be fine, I love Microsoft's carbon neutral initiative and I hope it is adopted by more and more companies.