• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lime Blockade

Aug 4, 2018
Pretty dire on the SE side, I ain't holding my breath for anything meaningful to get announced during the little TGS stream that Xbox is gonna have either.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I mean sure, but I don't sub to game pass so stuff like that is meaningless to me. Especially when it's only the Xbox platforms that are missing out this time around.

Said this in the other thread but I think a lot has to do with the weirdness of OT on Xbox in the first place. By all counts it was likely a port that was 100% paid for by Xbox so Square probably figures they can do the same here if they want it. As Xbox was probably never in the plans for OT2 when that stated dev.

Khalid

Oct 25, 2017
Have not seen a new SE gamepass port for a while, seem like Xbox have move to Spike Chunsoft which are probably asking for less.

OP
OP
W.S.

W.S.

Honest Work
Oct 28, 2017
Pretty dire on the SE side, I ain't holding my breath for anything meaningful to get announced during the little TGS stream that Xbox is gonna have either.

I'm not either, any other ports or JP games will be coming from elsewhere other than SE.

I didn't catch the direct so I'm currently not sure what else skipped but getting Tales of Symphonia and FF Project Zero is great in terms of future support from Bandai Namco and KT for Xbox.

Hopefully the plan is to have all the remastered Tales games get Xbox ports. Octopath is always going to be a strange case, with how SE operates they undoubtedly want to get Gamepass money for games that Nintendo or Sony don't get first or after exclusivity periods.

I really do hate the way SE is run nowadays, they are the worst kind of publisher for the Xbox platform. They put the "leftover titles" that the other publishers don't care about as much on Xbox and hold out for GP money on the stuff that they probably deem financially risky.

By doing this stuff they undercut their level of growth on the platform and burn Xbox consumers who like their games. It also makes Xbox the least ideal place for their games.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017

Happy to see Tales of Symphonia on Xbox. This is exactly what I wanted to see from Bandai-Namco: establish a fanbse on Xbox by porting what's already on Steam. Bodes well for future older Tales ports like Xillia, Abyss and Zestria.

And happy about Fatal Frame too. I bought that one on Xbox even though it isn't my genre so glad to see more is coming!

As for Octopath, it's a shame since we have the first one but I don't have any expectations from SquareEnix. Maybe they are holding out for a Game Pass drop but not holding out hope. If it happens, it happens.

And I hope MS can one day establish a relationship with Gust.

Last edited:

TiagoCosta

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 3, 2018
Yup, nothing is changing.

I'd expect things to get a lot better after around 9 years, but current Xbox leadership isn't doing anything remotely close to the bare minimum nowadays.

Honestly the 5 minutes section at the "E3" showcase was very telling, telling us how small their commitment is, to change things.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Japan/Asia Sale Highlights (Highlighting titles from smaller developers not on Gamepass)
Sorry for any mistakes I might've made about developers or location. Some titles get a bit weird due to localization studios.
If there's anything you think should be highlighted just let me know!

Classic Shoot'em Ups by City Connection & Cave
Not much to explain here, all of these are considered classics and fit well within Xbox's history with the genre, particularly during the 360 generation.
Note: There are numerous Strikers titles, some of which aren't listed here. They are all on sale as well.
Everything here is on sale for $8 (from $10) aside from Deathsmiles which is $31.99 (from $39.99) & Layer Section which is $23.99 (from $29.99)

apps.62603.1401179452wpcqd.jpg

--------------------

The Sealed Ampoule by Cavyhouse (Dev in Kyoto)
$13.99 (On sale from $19.99)

CAVYHOUSE, creators of Forget Me Not: My Organic Garden and The Midnight Sanctuary, presents their latest "Clicker-style Dungeon Agriculturalization Rogue-like Game"!

Level-up not only your character, but your dungeon itself to score huge bumper crops of items and Magic Circles galore!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHBxS0jmNEo

--------------------

Legal Dungeon by Somi (Dev in Busan)
$6.49 (On Sale from $9.99)

Legal Dungeon is a game about organizing Police Investigation Documents.

The player must review and provide an Investigation Verdict on reports ranging from petty theft to murder, in eight different criminal cases. Legal Dungeon will teach players that apprehending and punishing criminals is the very essence of Public Safety. Players will quickly become experts in revealing true criminals.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCRZBW_Jkwg

--------------------

Angels of Death by Active Gaming Media (Osaka port & localization studio)
$8.99 (from $14.99)

Angels of Death is a psychological horror-adventure game from the creator of Forest of Drizzling Rain ("Kirisame ga furu mori"). Consisting of four episodes and originally released by Den-fami Nico Game Magazine, Angels of Death is now available worldwide with full English localization!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFl80oM11G8&ab_channel=ID%40Xbox

--------------------

La-Mulana 1 & 2 by Nigoro (Japanese Develoeprs)
$7.49 & $12.49 (Both 50% off from $14.99 & 24.99)

Note: These are available physically
Brandish thy whip and sharpen thy wit! LA-MULANA 1 & 2 marks the debut of two intense platforming classic on modern consoles for the first time ever. To claim the treasures within, you will need to prove your skills and your worth as you tackle trap-filled rooms, mind-bending puzzles, and the dangerous denizens of the ruins. Will you survive the trials and become a legend, or will you fail and be lost to time and history forever?

www.youtube.com

LA-MULANA 1 & 2 - Launch Trailer (Nintendo Switch, PS4, XBox One)

Out Now!Find out more @ https://nisamerica.com/la-mulana-1-2/Brandish thy whip and sharpen thy wit! LA-MULANA 1 & 2 marks the debut of two intense platformin...

--------------------

Touhou Luna Nights by Team Ladybug in Japan
$14.39 (from $17.99)

Touhou Luna Nights is a Metroidvania title with a heavy emphasis on exploration and action.
Developed by Team Ladybug, creators of multiple fantastic action games thus far.

www.youtube.com

Touhou Luna Nights - Announce Trailer

https://gematsu.com/tag/touhou-luna-nightshttps://gematsu.com/gallery/touhou-luna-nightsTouhou Luna Nights---------------------------------Platform: PCPublis...

--------------------

Orangeblood by Grayfaxsoftware (Japanese Developer)
$7.99 (from $19.99)

[199X, New Koza]
It's the end of the 20th century, on a historic timeline different from that which we know.A manmade island off the coast of Okinawa is humming with a dirty, exotic vibe - and it's awesome!
Rust and faded concrete glisten in the morning sun and the late-night neon, showing off the various faces of the island.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHUQELBsSAo

--------------------

Giraffe and Annika by Atelier Mimina (Japanese Dev)
$11.99 (from $29.99)

After waking from a strange dream, Annika finds herself stranded on the island of Spica, having no recollection of her past. With the help of a boy named Giraffe and the witch Lily, she must find three special star fragments on the island in order to uncover her memories.

www.youtube.com

Giraffe and Annika Launch Trailer

Lovable, cat-eared Annika sets off on a grand quest on the Island of Spica! 3D adventure & rhythm action genres mesh in the lush, pastoral and beautiful mang...

--------------------

RPGolf Legends by ArcticNet (Dev in Japan)
$19.49 (from 29.99)

An evil force has sealed all the golf holes in the world! Join forces with the spirit of a golf club and embark on a fantastic action-golfing adventure to save golf in the world!

Travel around in a unique open-world where monsters and golf coexist, get your best scores in 6 unique environments and beat monsters! When you are resting, do not forget to help people with their quests... every encounter counts!

Thanks to the class system, you will also get new skills, special items and a brand new look!
Whether you spend your time golfing, fishing, crafting or exploring... is entirely up to you.

A fantastic journey is about to start!

www.youtube.com

RPGolf Legends - Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and Windows 10 Official Trailer

Join forces with the spirit of a golf club and embark on a fantastic action-golfing adventure!An evil force has sealed all the golf holes in the world! Join ...

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly think Square is basically telling Xbox, "If you aren't funding, we aren't making" lol

TiagoCosta

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 3, 2018
They want the easy Game Pass money. It's sad and unfortunate.

As it stands, they are still releasing more on xbox than xbox is getting into GP..

There's 3 SQE games coming to xbox until the end of the year, zero SQE jp games got into GP since May 2021.

They should meet halfway, even for xbox users it would be great to get more SQE on GP, but nope.. xbox simply isn't adding jrpgs into GP, they stopped doing that.

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
As it stands, they are still releasing more on xbox than xbox is getting into GP..

There's 3 SQE games coming to xbox until the end of the year, zero SQE jp games got into GP since May 2021.

They should meet halfway, even for xbox users it would be great to get more SQE on GP, but nope.. xbox simply isn't adding jrpgs into GP, they stopped doing that.

I don't disagree that they need to do more, but what about Persona? Those games were coming to Game Pass. There's a mix of Game Pass JRPGs (Persona) and non Game Pass JRPGs coming (Star Ocean, Diofield).

For your sake and for all Japanese Xbox fans I hope they do more though. Atelier games, Ys, Trails etc. all need to come to Xbox.

lolilolailo

Oct 27, 2017
So more games coming to Xbox:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOJk_IuzFjc

View: https://twitter.com/TEKKEN/status/1569814961530048512

View: https://twitter.com/thetojodojo/status/1569814547229286401

I don't disagree that they need to do more, but what about Persona? Those games were coming to Game Pass. There's a mix of Game Pass JRPGs (Persona) and non Game Pass JRPGs coming (Star Ocean, Diofield).

For your sake and for all Japanese Xbox fans I hope they do more though. Atelier games, Ys, Trails etc. all need to come to Xbox.

Also Soul Hackers 2 just launched, so it seems Atlus is on board now. And they have more games coming too.

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
Again. Yes and no... lol

I answered in another thread (one about SoP) with some vague hint. I don't know the exact Atlus announcement schedule (I think not even them know lol) but I don't think it's too far. At least not as far as the P3P, P4G and P5R ports announcements were.

i imagine it's a spin off of one of these games then? lol only thing i can imagine. hopefully more atlus stuff does follow.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks. That's good news, there is still hope 🙏🏽

Spike is pretty cozy with Xbox so hope we get it. Looked super cool!

Overall, I'm pretty happy with what we got from Bandai and Sega. We got Fatal Frame too from Tecmo but wished Xbox started a relationship with Gust already. They keep pumping games and nothing for Xbox. :(

Shame about Octopath 2 and the 2 exclusive deals from Sony but that's the industry for you. Can't get everything.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Man, with Sega bringing old games, I really hope to see the first Valkyrie Chronicles on Xbox one day.

Or Skies of Arcadia...

icecream

Oct 27, 2017
Sega/Atlus future looks good with them finally embracing multiplatform. Don't expect too many stumbles there with regards to future releases now.

S-E unfortunately continues to work in their deals which can't be helped and MS doesn't seem like they have a strong desire to go fish them anymore with the amount of support they're getting from other Japanese developers.

Honestly it feels like the same point where the 360 was once… after MS jump-started a few games, they were getting a lot of multiplatform (not all, but a good amount) and they were content with sitting back and letting third parties take it from there.

12Danny123

Jan 31, 2018
Sega/Atlus future looks good with them finally embracing multiplatform. Don't expect too many stumbles there with regards to future releases now.

S-E unfortunately continues to work in their deals which can't be helped and MS doesn't seem like they have a strong desire to go fish them anymore with the amount of support they're getting from other Japanese developers.

Honestly it feels like the same point where the 360 was once… after MS jump-started a few games, they were getting a lot of multiplatform (not all, but a good amount) and they were content with sitting back and letting third parties take it from there.

Agreed, I think MS has made a lot of progress from the XB1 generation where most JP games skipped the platform. But I think by expanding the userbase of Xbox via Game Pass, XCloud etc, JP publishers will be more incentivised to release the games on the Xbox consoles.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Not exactly, but close enough. Let's say Atlus finally listened to the fans requests. At least the top one.

I'm guessing you're talking about P3 Remake, which I've been predicting would show up for a while now, probably at the concert next month. Hence yes (remake is a new game) and no (it's still p3). P3R has also been the top requested remake in their surveys since forever ago.

Last edited:

icecream

Oct 27, 2017
Would a P3 remake even make sense releasing with P3P release coming?

Won't people be burned out playing P3 twice and won't it eat into each other's sales?

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Would a P3 remake even make sense releasing with P3P release coming?

Won't people be burned out playing P3 twice and won't it eat into each other's sales?

A definitive grounds-up remake of P3 following P5 is essentially a new game in the series, and will go out to a significantly larger audience compared to a remaster of a 13-year old compromised port. There's no definitive version of P3 right now.

lolilolailo

Oct 27, 2017
A definitive grounds-up remake of P3 following P5 is essentially a new game in the series, and will go out to a significantly larger audience compared to a remaster of a 13-year old compromised port. There's no definitive version of P3 right now.
Yeah, this. P3P is still a PSP game remastered. This other one is like Persona 5, both graphically and QoL stuff related.

icecream

Oct 27, 2017
But both are in their basis the same game. Are there that many people willing to buy both? And once the remake is announwed, won't that effectively kill sales for the remaster? From a business standpoint makes little sense.