• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jimmy1984

Banned
May 19, 2018
Unfortunately we are waiting for July event announcement (July 19th, my bet).
But i think we could share on this thread our realist predictions on what we'll see.

XBOX STUDIOS

1) Halo infinite: It Will be the main Guest to the show. First SP gameplay (5 minutes) and behind the scenes: A look inside 343 studios. Slipspace engine Is Epic.

2) Fable reboot: First reveal trailer with some gameplay. It's unbelivable. More dark fantasy world and Great combat system. Insane graphic. (Release december 2021).

3) New Obsidian AAA project: Pillars of eternity RPG. Reveal trailer. Amazing graphic (UE5) . No release date

4) Initiative: new game. It's not PD but new IP set in cyberpunk world. Reveal trailer and 2021 release date.

5) INXILE: First cinematic teaser on their next AAA project. New RPG in a fantasy world. And incredible graphic engine shows a dark world dominated by differente factions and Monsters. No release date.

6) Rare: new gameplay video on Everwild. 2021 release;

7) Compulsion games: new IP with FPS elements. It's seems really good;

8) Forza team: new game set in this famous saga.

9) The Coalition: new Gears 5 DLC and gears tactics on console

10) MOJANG: new Minecraft DLC

11) WORLD'S EDGE: new AOE4 trailer. Amazing graphic. Epic battles on
Screen. The rts King Is back. 2022 PC release. AOE1&2 definitive edition are coming to console

12) Flight simulator 2020: insane graphic much more impressive than what Sony shown on its conference. Matt booty says that Asobo are Great team with more talent and he's very Happy to see them with as new member of Xbox studios.

THIRD PARTIES

1) Cyberpunk 2077: new gameplay video captured on Xbox series X. Really impressive. It Will set new standard for the future RPG;

2) Splinter Cell: a new game finally comes to Xbox. world Premiere trailer. Great atmosphere. Xbox exclusive.

3) New Japan game developed for Xbox. New partnership with SEGA;

4) Witchfire: new gameplay of this beautiful FPS set in a world of daemons. Graphic captured in 4k resolution on Xbox series X. Matt booty: Say hi to Astronauts, a new Xbox studios member;

5) Assassin's Creed Valhalla: new gameplay video. It looks incredibile;

6) Far cry 6: gameplay video on Xbox series X

LOACKART reveal: no price.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2019
Very excited for this upcoming event.

For me though I just need to see Halo and Fable, everything else is gravy. Also excited that every first party Microsoft offering will be there day one on Gamepass, going to be sweet.

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
Phil will announce that the Sega fog cloud is powered by the Series X hardware and there will be limited edition Sonic themed XseX bundles.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Slipspace engine Is Epic.
Amazing graphic (UE5)
And incredible graphic engine
It's seems really good;
new game set in this famous saga.
Amazing graphic and Epic battles.
insane graphic much more impressive than what Sony shown on its conference

Using my super-deductive skills, I have determined Jimmy might be an Xbox fan, lol. Your enthusiasm is endearing, I'll give you that. :D

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Inxile and Obsidian's AAA RPGs are nowhere near far enough to be shown yet.

Alias03

Oct 27, 2017
You say realist predictions then go full on fanfic lol

I'm excited to see what Halo is all about... Hopefully some of their recent bought studios have something that will interest me as well.

Kida

Oct 27, 2017
Halo will look next-gen and impress people.
Fable will look great and show quite a lot.
Perfect Dark teaser.
New Obsidian Skyrim-like reveal.
Japanese acquisition or partnership on new IP.
Forza 8.
No Lockhart or pricing reveals unless Sony has announced by the time of the show or if MS wants to take a huge loss and be aggressive.

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
lol "new partnership" with Sega reminds me of that dumb thread where people conivnced themselves Microsoft was gonna buy sega.

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
amazing graphics

incredible graphic

unbelievable

insane graphics much better than Sony

OP
OP

Jimmy1984

Banned
May 19, 2018
Using my super-deductive skills, I have determined Jimmy might be an Xbox fan, lol. Your enthusiasm is endearing, I'll give you that. :D

I'll be honest: PC Gamer. So i have to be excited for Xbox event cause Xbox/PC are the same brand now.

But i think Sony event It was Great too. Horizon2 and rachet and Clank are Great.

Roarschach

Dec 18, 2018
1) Halo Infinite Gameplay
2) Psychonauts 2 Gameplay
3) Playgroud RPG Reveal
4) The Initiative Game Reveal
5) MSFT Flight Sim 2020 Announced for Series X
6) Gears Tactics Announced for Series X
7) Obsidian New Game Reveal
8) Xbox+360+One Backwards Compatibility Showcase + Optimized for Series X Showcase
9) Lockhart Tease without Price

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Halo Infinite needs to set the stage. The additional stuff by all the other XGS studios — both smaller and bigger projects — will just naturally impress with a great diversity in terms of genres etc.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was a first party only event.

My expectations are low since I expect Halo, Gears and Forza combo. The rest of the studios would be far too early for anything close to a release date before 2022.

I don't expect third party titles. Ubisoft will have third conference in less that two weeks so we will get plenty of gameplay there for Valhalla.

Doctor Avatar

Jan 10, 2019

ConventionalFarflungDamselfly-size_restricted.gif

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
Halo Infinite
Everwild
Hellblade 2 trailer
Gears of War tactics launch game

Early reveals of games pretty far off:
  • Fable teaser
  • Initiative project teaser
  • Some in engine stuff from other studios
Third party stuff
  • Yakuza games
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • AC Valhalla
Lockhart reveal plus price

Shawt21

Banned
Apr 26, 2020
I'm just expecting games. I refuse to set my expectations for something that doesn't happen, then blame the Xbox team like I know a lot of people are gonna do.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
- Opening with Halo Infinite (CGI trailer first, then campaign gameplay, them multiplayer + beta announcement)
- Next up is Everwild; a co-op adventure game with God elements (gameplay reveal, coming 2021)
- Third party games: Elden Ring, Tales of Arise and Cyberpunk 2077
- Double Fine shows Psychonauts 2
- Turn 10 reveals Forza Motorsport 8, coming in 2021
- Bloober Team gameplay extensive gameplay reveal for The Medium, launch title alongside Psychonauts 2, Halo Infinite and Gears Tactics
- Third party games; Suicide Squad reveal trailer, Bethesda's Starfield CGI thematic trailer, gameplay tease for AC: Valhalla
- The Initiative show what they're working on; Perfect Dark in cooperation with The Coalition
- Asobo Studio shows the Xbox Series X trailer for Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Senua's Saga Hellblade II cutscene reveal
- Global Publishing JRPG reveal
- Closing the show with some Xbox Game Pass bangers, the name and date reveal of Project xCloud and a tease for August
- One more thing; the Playground Games logo shows. A Fable CGI trailer

No inXile, no Compulsion, no Obsidian Entertainment. No Age of Empires.
No Wasteland 3, no Gears Tactics, no Sea of Thieves, no Tell Me Why, no Battletoads.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was a first party only event.

My expectations are low since I expect Halo, Gears and Forza combo. The rest of the studios would be far too early for anything close to a release date before 2022.

I don't expect third party titles. Ubisoft will have third conference in less that two weeks so we will get plenty of gameplay there for Valhalla.
You clearly have not been paying attention.

Vimto

Oct 29, 2017
I hope they deliver hard. MS is bringing all their games to pc so I am interested in what they have to show.

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
I want to see new, impressive games we've not heard about and as few GaaS as possible.

I think that's not too unrealistic.

Also a new Forza so we can do Gran Turismo : Forza comparisons like we used to :)

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
- Opening with Halo Infinite (CGI trailer first, then campaign gameplay, them multiplayer + beta announcement)
- Next up is Everwild; a co-op adventure game with God elements (gameplay reveal, coming 2021)
- Third party games: Elden Ring, Tales of Arise and Cyberpunk 2077
- Double Fine shows Psychonauts 2
- Turn 10 reveals Forza Motorsport 8, coming in 2021
- Bloober Team gameplay extensive gameplay reveal for The Medium, launch title alongside Psychonauts 2, Halo Infinite and Gears Tactics
- Third party games; Suicide Squad reveal trailer, Bethesda's Starfield CGI thematic trailer, gameplay tease for AC: Valhalla
- The Initiative show what they're working on; Perfect Dark in cooperation with The Coalition
- Asobo Studio shows the Xbox Series X trailer for Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Senua's Saga Hellblade II cutscene reveal
- Global Publishing JRPG reveal
- Closing the show with some Xbox Game Pass bangers, the name and date reveal of Project xCloud and a tease for August
- One more thing; the Playground Games logo shows. A Fable CGI trailer

No inXile, no Compulsion, no Obsidian Entertainment. No Age of Empires.
No Wasteland 3, no Gears Tactics, no Sea of Thieves, no Tell Me Why, no Battletoads.
If they show a lot of CG that won't be a good thing. This needs to be an extensive gameplay first show

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
There are three possibilities with that;
1. Grounded
2. The Outer Worlds sequel
3. Their ''Triple A'' WRPG
Grounded already has its gameplay premiered. So we can exclude that.

It can be either The Outer Worlds Expansion or their "next-generation AAA RPG". Or both, of course. I personally have a good feeling about the latter though. It's in dev for quite some time already.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
-Good amount of games shown are likely to be cross-gen since that seems like Xbox's plan for year 1 and 2, at least first party wise but I can see apply to third party games as well.

-Halo, Forza and Fable are the big three likely games shown from their first party studio with Halo being the opening or closing for the event.

-Third-party wise....I think Bamco is a lock to show something since they've been chummy with Xbox for the last couple years and announced a new game at the Inside Xbox earlier this year. Scarlet Nexus, Elden Ring, Tales or something complete new could be shown off. CDPR might also show some more Cyberpunk.

That's all I can think of.

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I want to be SO overwhelmed and surprised by this event that I'm gonna set my expectations to this:

- Blinx Revival
- Sneakers Remaster
- Locoroco 2
- 1 vs 100 revival, but is now a Battle Royale full of MTX
- Microsoft buys FROM Software, they are now reviving Too Human and will keep working on that franchise forever
- Microsoft buys CD Projekt at the beginning of the event, then proceeds to close the Studio at the end of the event

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
-Good amount of games shown are likely to be cross-gen since that seems like Xbox's plan for year 1 and 2, at least first party wise but I can see apply to third party games as well.

-Halo, Forza and Fable are the big three likely games shown from their first party studio with Halo being the opening or closing for the event.

-Third-party wise....I think Bamco is a lock to show something since they've been chummy with Xbox for the last couple years and announced a new game at the Inside Xbox earlier this year. Scarlet Nexus, Elden Ring, Tales or something complete new could be shown off. CDPR might also show some more Cyberpunk.

That's all I can think of.

15 studios and you can only think of Halo, Forza and Fable from Microsoft? This way we'll keep the meme alive. :P