• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Last edited:

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Any X1X enhancements for Nier?
Yes, it's a bit better than the Pro version, but doesn't stand with the (modded) PC version.
www.eurogamer.net

Nier Automata's surprise Xbox One port tested

A welcome announcement at Microsoft's E3 2018 media briefing, Nier Automata is receiving a long-overdue port onto Xbox …
Nier Automata is rendering at half-res 1920x2160. In motion, it holds together in many areas, but high contrast scenes still show harsh jaggies and sub-pixel break-up is commonplace. It's tough to figure out exactly what's going on here, but it's certainly one of the least consistent reconstruction techniques we've seen and compared to the PC version running at 3840x2160, it doesn't really pass as a 4K experience, just a sharper one when stacked up against the Pro.
Beyond a cleaner image over PlayStation 4 Pro, there are other upgrades. Whether it's from a higher base resolution or via an increase in sample count, texture filtering shows an improvement, while per-object motion blur is retained with the addition of a camera movement blur too. Dynamic shadow quality seems a touch blurrier on X, but it's hardly noticeable in the heat of the action.
The Pro version was running at 1080p (over 900p for base PS4) so this is technically the best console version.

ohlawd

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Phantagrande
20 bucks for Nier Automata is nice. last time it was on sale it was like $30-40 USD? bought it when it was that much and it was oh so worth it

Deleted member 28461

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I already have the 360 version of Doom installed and I'm still eyeballing the newest release at that price.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn, I said to myself I'd buy Nier when it went on sale, but I'm not sure I even want to play it anytime soon anyway... especially having done the Part A on PS4.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Dang Doom, Doom 2, and Doom 3 are better priced here in this sale than in the current PSN one. I primarily play on PSN but now I'm conflicted.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
That reminds me I should start with Nier. Bought it at launch, but when that game had me replay the first 30 minutes because of me dying at the boss fight and no skippable scenes....I was kinda done for the moment.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
Damn....I have a backlog of AMAZING must play games and now I'm leaning on Nier Automata. I havent even played Hellbound and its free!

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, it's a bit better than the Pro version, but doesn't stand with the (modded) PC version.
www.eurogamer.net

A welcome announcement at Microsoft's E3 2018 media briefing, Nier Automata is receiving a long-overdue port onto Xbox …

The Pro version was running at 1080p (over 900p for base PS4) so this is technically the best console version.

Not to mention it has the best name :)

"Become as Gods Edition"

TrojanAg

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Already have the XBLA versions of Doom 1 and 2, but I'll definitely pick up Doom 3 when I get home for that price.

Insane Dead

Oct 25, 2017
Bought the doom games! Probably will buy Nier but I just started the KH collection so probably wouldn't play it for awhile.

Askherserenity

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I CAN FINALLY BUY NIER FOR A SECOND TIME.

I thought this day would never come. Finally get to replay this amazing game on my X.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
Oh man this better mean the Doom games are going on sale on Switch this week too! Already got them on Xbox but want them portable too!

I really want NieR, I'm actually playing through the oriignal on Xbox 360 right now! But I think I'll have to go with a PS4 phyiscal copy instead, just need it in mah physical collection! Sucks for someone like me, a SE and Xbox fan who wants their collection on disc, we barely get anything then when we do it's becoming more and more common to be digital only. >_<

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So what type of gamer is Nier for? I just can't decide whether I'd actually like it or not.

Sanchoco

Dec 3, 2018
After years of my friends telling me to get Nier(they love the game a lot), this sale has gotten me to purchase it.

Now to see what the hype is about!

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
Awws pretty lame.....interested in getting the Ultimate edition lol.
Forza Horizon 3 got me into the series to the point that I ended up pre-ordering the Ultimate Edition of Forza Horizon 4. I have to say that it's definitely been worth it for me, as I've played over 200 hours of it.

Anyway, I picked up DOOM 3. I doubt that I'll play it, but it's hard to pass on it at that price. I'm tempted to get NieR:Automata, but I'm 99.9% positive that I'll never get the most out of it, as I'm unlikely to play through it even once, and I know I don't have it in me to play through it multiple times.

Ferdie

Jul 16, 2018
Holy shit, Nier. Finally.

Glad I waited. Was going to buy it on PS4 in the recent sale.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
So what type of gamer is Nier for? I just can't decide whether I'd actually like it or not.
People who enjoy mature, well-crafted, moving jRPG stories with actual complexity and purpose, combined with Platinum Games-quality action combat. Oh and SHUMPs.

It ask questions about life and what it means to be alive, and explores it through every story turn and side-quest. No "fetch me some potatoes so I can cook a cool meal" bullshit here. It does so with great style and one of the best soundtracks of the generation. If that sounds appealing to you, Nier: Automata will likely appeal to you. If not, skip.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Some good deals this week. Almost tempted to buy Doom 1 and 2 again for that price.

Nier is also a great snag, especially for the XSX launch as it's the best version easily.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
www.eurogamer.net

If the uk pricing is good, I'll bite. Got the platinum on ps4 but hey.....gotta support the studio and japanese games on xbox.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All the Doom ports for a total of 6 bucks. Scrap all the bad shit you've heard about the ports of I and II, in 2020 they just obliterated all issues the game had basically. It's still a bummer there's no online multiplayer in it, but with support for a variety of extra campaigns (Final Doom, Sigil, Master Levels, etc.), 60fps, proper aspect ratios, both a great controller implementation and KB+M support... it's by far the best console version the game has ever had, and unless you only play on PC it's practically mandatory.

Doom 3 for 3 bucks is fine too, just don't expect anything resembling a Doom game.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Yesssss
Finally Nier is on sale. Are the dlcs included?
Yes, there was only one main DLC pack released and this includes it.
I'm not 100% on how many of the pre-order bonuses are included, since they were spread out a lot (like I'd assume the Steam one is exclusive to PC still) but those were only little tiny cosmetic things.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Weird. For some reason the Candleman bundle isn't in the Dutch store?

Nevermind, had to search for it. I don't see it in the deals section.