• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
EjFnQqUWAAEDXUT

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
Wait what is that by the Series X? And by the phone config?

edit: that certainly doesn't look like a One X but alright I guess it does say that

qatak

Oct 27, 2017
Really cool stuff. It's really impressive how consumer friendly they've become after how 2013 went for them. I'm 100% planning on picking up an xbox in the first year or two of next gen.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
I left their ecosystem last gen, and they've won me back this coming gen. If their first party (and Bethesda) deliver, the X will easily be my main console

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
I like it. If their first party starts delivering it might make me drop sony

ChrisP8Three

Oct 26, 2017
Leeds
I mean i'm getting a PS5 because all my friends are getting one.......first, but man Xbox have turned things around, i'm actually a little torn on my PS5 pre-order now and wondering should i get an X

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hardware and services are in place and look fantastic.

Sadly the big games are taking 2-3 years to get going. I'm really looking forward to their gaming side looking as sharp as the rest of their offerings.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
This is an extremely high value proposition and it'll only get even better as Microsoft further integrates Xbox One and Windows 10 libraries and storefronts.

Imagine Xbox BC running on Win 10.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
After going back and forth the last two gens, I'm now solidly in the camp of all third party AAA console games will be bought on Series.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
No, it's a win for people with budgets. Not for gamers. This shit is going to ruin the quality of games down the line. But at least budget gamers will be happy.

is it even legal to let poor people ruin our enjoyment like this? someone please call the feds

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
I'll never not buy all console but tbh I kinda want to be an Xbox gamer as my main platform, they've just done so much right while it feels like I have a have to poke Sony with a stick to even get them to talk to me and even when they do they say almost nothing.

I liked it better when Sony was worried about losing and had to try to earn my dollar.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
what does it mean to customize your experience on PC if the files are hidden for their games, effectively making it impossible to mod them? FF XV has a mod options on Gamepass version that is literally useless lmao

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Its an extremely competitive and attractive option

Sony is pretty behind on the value proposition but probably ahead in hype exclusive titles

However I could totally see Sony buckling and making more and more of its titles available on PC in the future to stay competitive

Plus we are already seeing them get more generous in response by giving people a "gamepass lite" experience with PS Plus collection for PS5

Thank you Microsoft for pushing value and games preservation at the forefront. I may not be snagging a series X personally but I can totally see myself becoming a Gamepass Ultimate subscriber!

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
Much better than what they were doing with the Xbox One launch. I think this will be a good gen for MS and gamers on their platforms.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
I see they are advertising themselves as the "fastest" console in addition to the "most powerful." Have they always claimed to be the "fastest"? Hmmm, I think some people would dispute that claim.

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Its an extremely competitive and attractive option

Sony is pretty behind on the value proposition but probably ahead in hype exclusive titles

However I could totally see Sony buckling and making more and more of its titles available on PC in the future to stay competitive

Plus we are already seeing them get more generous in response by giving people a "gamepass lite" experience with PS Plus collection for PS5

Thank you Microsoft for pushing value and games preservation at the forefront. I may not be snagging a series X personally but I can totally see myself becoming a Gamepass Ultimate subscriber!
Yep, even if you're a Sony fanboy, you only have to win with this competition by Microsoft, it will force Sony to turn up their game and do something similar with their services, it's a win/win situation honestly and good for all consumers.

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
Great graphic, it does feel great to be completely in thr xbox ecosystem.

One thing I'm sure they are building on as this re-enforces it is Play Anywhere and cross save between xbox/cloud <> PC.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No, it's a win for people with budgets. Not for gamers. This shit is going to ruin the quality of games down the line. But at least budget gamers will be happy.
Those pesky people with less budget to spend, how quaint of them to want to play AAA like us, do you imagine giving people affordable access to entertainment? *faints*

Akelisrain

Oct 30, 2017
Bel Air MD
I'm in the minority with this thought, but it is just a trojan horse to force all into a all digital future. The value is great, but I don't want to stay subscribed to retain my library. I fear for the eventual online check ins ect..