• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkCloud12X

Oct 27, 2017
I'm hoping for some games this month that match the spirit of Halloween. Costume Quest 1, CV HoD/lords of shadows 1 or 2, Splatterhouse...anything really.

May 21, 2018
Just came to say "I told you so" regarding MGS 2 & 3 eventually being added. There will be some happy campers here for sure :)

While these particular titles were not on my personal wishlist, I still think we all should express our appreciation to the BC team and all parties involved for making it happen.

MulderYuffie

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome news about MGS2&3 but on the subject of Konami I'm hoping for some Castlevania this month too! And as odd as it may seem am I the only one hoping for Vigilante 8 Arcade?

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
I'm hoping for some games this month that match the spirit of Halloween. Costume Quest 1, CV HoD/lords of shadows 1 or 2, Splatterhouse...anything really.

Same here. Been hoping for Costume Quest 1. There must be some issue, maybe with the DLC. Otherwise I don't know why they haven't put it out yet. Having to basically wait a year every time it's not announced is sad.

In Amber Clad

static and disarray
Aug 26, 2018
London
I actually own this physically on 360, so that's pretty cool, I guess. I doubt I'll ever play them again myself, but I'm happy for those that have been holding out for them :)

Ravenhawk

Oct 27, 2017
Just came to say "I told you so" regarding MGS 2 & 3 eventually being added. There will be some happy campers here for sure :)

While these particular titles were not on my personal wishlist, I still think we all should express our appreciation to the BC team and all parties involved for making it happen.

I have zero interest in today's offererings, but I am glad that Microsoft is still churning out BC titles that appeal to a wide audience, and hopefully next month they will have a new round of enhanced games to announce.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
2016 definitely had the most releases, as far as I remember. This year has been good for me, though :P

To each their own. :) I made a quick 2016 shoutout, as I don't think that year can be topped:

Witcher 2
Alan Wake + American Nightmare
Trials HD
Geometry Wars
Castlevania SOTN
Assassin's Creed
Dark Souls
Halo Wars
Left 4 Dead 1 & 2
Dead Space
Rayman Origins
Jet Set Radio HD
Force Unleashed 1 & 2
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Portal 2
Fallout New Vegas
Red Dead Redemption
COD2
Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse
Forza Horizon
Bayonetta
Lost Odyssey
Orange Box
Blue Dragon
Mass Effect 2 & 3
Limbo
Burnout Paradise
Rayman Legends
ESIV Oblivion
Bioshock 1 & 2 & Infinite
Bully
Catherine

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've played enough of those games already but it's cool to see them for those who want them.

I just want both The Darkness games, Max Payne 3, Nier and Asura's Wrath.

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
Aww shit. Now what does the community have left to ask for? They got their Modern Warfares and now this.

Alpha Protocol
Anarchy Reigns
Asura's Wrath
Arkham Asylum and City
Binary Domain
Castlevania Lords of Shadow
Dead Island
Dead Rising series
Dishonored
Dragon's Dogma
Far Cry
Forza series
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Max Payne 3
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
Nier
PGR
Prototype
Remember Me
Resonance of Fate
Ridge Racer 6
Sega Superstars Tennis
Superstars V8
Tales of Vesperia
Wet

for a start

Nov 9, 2017
Aww shit. Now what does the community have left to ask for? They got their Modern Warfares and now this.

Alpha Protocol
Anarchy Reigns
Asura's Wrath
Arkham Asylum and City
Binary Domain
Castlevania Lords of Shadow
Dead Island
Dead Rising series
Dishonored
Dragon's Dogma
Far Cry
Forza series
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Max Payne 3
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
Nier
PGR
Prototype
Remember Me
Resonance of Fate
Ridge Racer 6
Sega Superstars Tennis
Superstars V8
Tales of Vesperia
Wet

for a start

Ninja Gaiden 2 needs to be added to this list.

Komarkaze

Oct 27, 2017
I want all of the arcade classics on 360 so we don't have to keep rebuying them across platforms. Specifically Puzzle Fighter, Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection, Darkstalkers Resurrection, Marvel vs Capcom Origins and 2, Double Dragon, Outrun Online Arcade, Rez HD, Space Channel 5 pt 2, the Simpsons and TMNT arcade. Fat chance for a lot of these licensed games, I know.

From the retail side, I want Mortal Kombat, Beautiful Katamari, Street Fighter X Tekken, DOA4, Eternal Sonata, Lollipop Chainsaw, Ninja Gaiden 2, Rayman Raving Rabbids, KOF XIII, Lego Batman 2, Virtua Tennis, Soul Calibur 4/5 and WWE All Stars.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I want all of the arcade classics on 360 so we don't have to keep rebuying them across platforms. Specifically Puzzle Fighter, Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection, Darkstalkers Resurrection, Marvel vs Capcom Origins and 2, Double Dragon, Outrun Online Arcade, Rez HD, Space Channel 5 pt 2, the Simpsons and TMNT arcade. Fat chance for a lot of these licensed games, I know.

From the retail side, I want Mortal Kombat, Beautiful Katamari, Street Fighter X Tekken, DOA4, Eternal Sonata, Lollipop Chainsaw, Ninja Gaiden 2, Rayman Raving Rabbids, KOF XIII, Lego Batman 2, Virtua Tennis, Soul Calibur 4/5 and WWE All Stars.
Those are great lists.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
What is being questioned is MS's commitment to the program itself.

This as a statement doesn't mean anything at all. The metric you're using is how many games they still keep making BC, which is out of their hands.

The reason people have been disappointed in Sony and Nintendo doing this in the past or currently is because there were things they could've been doing but weren't. Like, right now there's no reason for the Switch to not be able to emulate literally every NES game. Same goes for PS4 and PS1 games. Then it would be up to publishers to let them do that, but those other companies aren't up to that barrier yet. They should show off full emulation capability for older titles; then people wouldn't give them any guff for some games being blocked by publishers.

Are there MS published games they still own and haven't made BC? Because that's a fairer criticism.

miserable

Oct 27, 2017
I only want Burnout 3 and Ninja Gaiden 2. I gave up on PGR series, no chance they'll ever come out on BC.

Force_XXI

Oct 29, 2017
Great news downloading right now!
nicolas-cage-fells-good-con-air-head-space-1409843288n.gif

Castlevania HD and Ninja Gaiden 2

200.gif

kc44135

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
This as a statement doesn't mean anything at all. The metric you're using is how many games they still keep making BC, which is out of their hands.

The reason people have been disappointed in Sony and Nintendo doing this in the past or currently is because there were things they could've been doing but weren't. Like, right now there's no reason for the Switch to not be able to emulate literally every NES game. Same goes for PS4 and PS1 games. Then it would be up to publishers to let them do that, but those other companies aren't up to that barrier yet. They should show off full emulation capability for older titles; then people wouldn't give them any guff for some games being blocked by publishers.

Are there MS published games they still own and haven't made BC? Because that's a fairer criticism.
Probably, but really it's just obscure stuff I can think of off the top of my head like Brute Force. So, that's whatever. Honestly, all I was trying to say was that I wanted them to keep doing what they could when they could. Judging by today's announcement, they are, so I'm happy atm. :)

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The list of titles I want gets smaller day by day. NG2 missing still sticks out like a sore thumb. Other than that it's mainly personal titles that I want(Chaos Theory, Unreal Championship 2)

Xbudz

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I'd love to see the PGR games get some love.

Also, hoping for more OG Xbox games like Jet Set Radio Future

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Since we're all posting our wish lists again, here's mine:

-Armored Core: For Answer (don't see this happening at all)
-Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (very good shot with Konami being on a roll lately)
-Dead or Alive 4 (music rights might be tying this one up)
-Enslaved: Odyssey to the West (Ninja Theory is a first-party studio now, unless Namco owns this game outright)
-Lollipop Chainsaw (might be a longshot)
-Ninja Gaiden II (this one is still seriously baffling)
-Project Gotham Racing 4 (lol, never gonna happen)
-Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing with Banjo-Kazooie (still no excuse for this one)
-Sonic Unleashed (maybe the framerate problems are making this one unplayable?)

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa

They published Ninja Gaiden 2 :)

They should reach out to Ubi for Splinter Cell trilogy 4K BC

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Since we're all posting our wish lists again, here's mine:

-Armored Core: For Answer (don't see this happening at all) Why not? I'm not familiar with the issues that can hold this one back.
-Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (very good shot with Konami being on a roll lately)Yea I think this is likely and if it's X enhanced it will be unbelievable
-Dead or Alive 4 (music rights might be tying this one up) Music rights are definitely probably the main issue. I don't think they'll get that sorted out for the amount of money they would need to pay. Also modern Tecmo seems more focused on monetization efforts of DOA5 DOAX3 unfortunately
-Enslaved: Odyssey to the West (Ninja Theory is a first-party studio now, unless Namco owns this game outright)I can't think of anything crazy holding this one back and I feel like Namco would be ok with having it release on BC
-Lollipop Chainsaw (might be a longshot)I own this and can def say it's a longshot. There is a lot of licensing issues linked to it.
-Ninja Gaiden II (this one is still seriously baffling)I can't think of a single licensing issue for this game. AFAIK everything music/content wise is original to the game
-Project Gotham Racing 4 (lol, never gonna happen)Sad but true. Car manufactures are way more protective of their car licensing now and music rights for PGR4 are all over the place
-Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing with Banjo-Kazooie (still no excuse for this one)Not too sure what can hold this one up and Sega seems to be fair game on releasing BC stuff
-Sonic Unleashed (maybe the framerate problems are making this one unplayable?) Ditto

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
-Armored Core: For Answer (don't see this happening at all) Why not? I'm not familiar with the issues that can hold this one back.
I don't see any Armored Core games being available on Xbox One because they were all published by different companies. AC4 was published by Sega but the updated AC4A was published by Ubisoft. And AC5 and its update ACVD were published by Bandai Namco. Unless From Software themselves are able to retain the rights to all of those games AND have Sega, Ubisoft, and/or Bandai Namco agree to make them compatible on Xbox One, it's not happening.

knuckles

Oct 29, 2017
This is (was) my second most wanted bc game. First is max payne 3. So thank you konami and bc team!

That speculation about the entire bc team being moved to the streaming division because there was no announcements during forza week was absolutely ridiculous but I was thirsty too lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.