• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
Can't they strip all the music shit holding up PGR4? Rockstar has no problems patching their games to remove songs that have expired.

knuckles

Oct 29, 2017
Can't they strip all the music shit holding up PGR4? Rockstar has no problems patching their games to remove songs that have expired.
They don't alter code for bc games, but I think for first party games with music tracks they could and should make an exception if there is no other way. But if pgr had real car licenses that are holding it back that is obviously impractical to patch out, its a different story.

I don't understand the car manufacturers and record labels. Fucking dinosaurs. Like why would you want to be patched out of grand theft auto? They should be paying rockstar.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Since we're all posting our wish lists again, here's mine:

-Armored Core: For Answer (don't see this happening at all)
-Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (very good shot with Konami being on a roll lately)
-Dead or Alive 4 (music rights might be tying this one up)
-Enslaved: Odyssey to the West (Ninja Theory is a first-party studio now, unless Namco owns this game outright)
-Lollipop Chainsaw (might be a longshot)
-Ninja Gaiden II (this one is still seriously baffling)
-Project Gotham Racing 4 (lol, never gonna happen)
-Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing with Banjo-Kazooie (still no excuse for this one)
-Sonic Unleashed (maybe the framerate problems are making this one unplayable?)

Pray... for Answer.

But sadly, you're probably right.

kc44135

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
It was unlocked, but most of the time it was in the 20s or 30s on both consoles, usually being lower on Xbox 360.
Hmmm, interesting!
It was but it barely ever moved above 30; I wonder how much higher it could actually get on the X.
Yeah, exactly what I'm wondering. This is also the reason why I wish all Console games at least had an option to unlock the framrate. Maybe a game that hits 20-30 could be 60 on the next Console if unlocked? You never know, and it is what makes this BC stuff so cool sometimes.

May 21, 2018
I'm still crossing my fingers and holding out hope for three specific games to be added.

One of them is Castlevania: Harmony of Despair.

I still play the game online and have a "legitimately maxed" CV: HoD save file. So I would help out any newcomers who are trying to acquire some gear.

danlher

Nov 1, 2017
I have a 1TB external HD only for BC games and right now I have only 30GBs free on it.

I hope MS makes me upgrade to a 2TB drive.

Wolven Hammer

Feb 26, 2018
Los Angeles, California
I'm still crossing my fingers and holding out hope for three specific games to be added.

I still play the game online and have a "legitimately maxed" CV: HoD save file. So I would help out any newcomers who are trying to acquire some gear.
This game, man. I've held out buying the rest of the dlc hoping this gets bc.

My dual blender wielding Alucard is demanding more blood.

Oct 27, 2017
Still waiting on:
-Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders
-Kingdom Under Fire: Heroes
-Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom
-Ninety Nine Nights
-Ninety Nine Nights 2
-Crackdown 2
-EDIT: Tenchu Z

There are others but those are the main ones I want at the moment. Surprised Xbox hasn't blocked me yet on social media with all of my whining, well at least it got me Rumble Roses XX.

Last edited:

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017

Dude, that's pretty awesome. How long did it take to max every character? I moved on after a while as the grind was just too much.

Wolven Hammer

Feb 26, 2018
Los Angeles, California
Still waiting on:
-Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders
-Kingdom Under Fire: Heroes
-Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom
-Ninety Nine Nights
-Ninety Nine Nights 2
-Crackdown 2

There are others but those are the main ones I want at the moment. Surprised Xbox hasn't blocked me yet on social media with all of my whining, well at least it got me Rumble Roses XX.
Name checks out. Lol.

ron_bato

Oct 25, 2017
Great news about MGS 2 and 3 HD, was waiting for that one as I never played 2, and absolutely loved 3.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
SPECIAL REMINDER: So, Mark of the Ninja Remastered released today on Xbox One, but if you already owned the game on Xbox 360, you should be able to redeem the new, remastered game for free. It wouldn't let me do that on Microsoft's website for some reason, but it worked just fine on my actual console. I don't even own the Special Edition DLC and was able to get this game.

I should've included Mark of the Ninja when I posted the new update for Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3 HD and I just plain forgot. Sorry about that.

Last edited:

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
SPECIAL REMINDER: So, Mark of the Ninja Remastered released today on Xbox One, but if you already owned the game on Xbox 360, you should be able to redeem the new, remastered game for free. It wouldn't let me do that on Microsoft's website for some reason, but it worked just fine on my actual console. I don't even own the Special Edition DLC and was able to get this game.

I should've included Mark of the Ninja when I posted the new update for Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3 HD and I just plain forgot. Sorry about that.
Thanks for the heads up!

Deleted member 16849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Awesome!

Slowsonic

Feb 25, 2018
And with that, I now have everything I wanted to rid of my 360. once JSRF added to the list I won't need my xbox as well.

Hydes

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Leftovers I still wish for each passing week...

XBOX:
Halo 1/2
Otogi 1/2
Splinter Cell 1/2/3/4

XBOX 360:
Dark Souls 2
Ninja Blade
Ninja Gaiden 2

IamAToast

Apr 18, 2018
Germany
Have there been many new additions lately? I haven't checked in for a good while.
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection Konami October 9, 2018 Includes Metal Gear Solid 2 HD Edition and Metal Gear Solid 3 HD Edition
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood Ubisoft September 25, 2018
Call of Juarez: The Cartel Ubisoft September 25, 2018
Brütal Legend Electronic Arts September 18, 2018
Greg Hastings Paintball 2 Activision September 18, 2018
Rumble Roses XX Konami September 11, 2018
Zone of the Enders HD Collection Konami September 11, 2018 Includes remastered versions of Zone of the Enders & Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner.

Nov 8, 2017
Thanks. Has there ever been an instance where a delisted game got back compact BTW? Not really expecting the answer to be yes but thought I'd ask. Stuff like Too Human and 007 Legends.

May 21, 2018
This game, man. I've held out buying the rest of the dlc hoping this gets bc.

My dual blender wielding Alucard is demanding more blood.

There are some very, very good (but rare) items included within the DLC chapters... and much of that gear is exclusive. So if you ever decide to grab any of extra stages off of the Marketplace someday, it'll be worth it.

Dude, that's pretty awesome. How long did it take to max every character? I moved on after a while as the grind was just too much.

Thank you! You can certainly do it too.

I'd say it took me a few hundred hours total to max out the stats for all 11 characters and acquire every "Five Star" drop in the game (DLC chapter items included). It could probably be done faster though; I was mostly playing the game after work each day for several months. The grind is indeed ridiculous, but there's so much variety among the diverse set of characters. Each cast member possesses a unique playstyle with the setup/s I use.

**Bear in mind that you don't have to max every character like I did. I was just being a masochist. It's pretty easy -and far, far quicker- to select one or two of them and go from there. You'll be overpowered with whomever you choose in no time.

Castlevania: Harmony of Despair was created to take full advantage of Xbox Live's multiplayer/co-op features. It would be great to see it on the BC list.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
Started playing MGS3 again last night. Maybe I will finish it this time. I know it's a sacred game around here but despite loving 1,2,4 I've never been able to get into this one. One thing that really bothers me is the voice actors/acting. Aside from Snake many of them aren't very good and it sounds like they just did one take and that's it. Poor coaching/direction perhaps. I don't know. The Boss is especially distracting. The voice doesn't fit the character/story at all IMO and the actress just sounds like a bored news reporter reading a script, not a grizzled veteran.

Oct 25, 2017
Gimme Bourne Conspiracy Microsoft!
might be the first time I heard this request
Ijoj7PO.gif

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks. Has there ever been an instance where a delisted game got back compact BTW? Not really expecting the answer to be yes but thought I'd ask. Stuff like Too Human and 007 Legends.
You'll never get Too Human. That game was ordered to have all copies destroyed and pulled from retail. There's nobody to allow districts of the updated emulator for that game.

It's dead

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
One game I desperately want but know will never come to BC because of weird licensing issues:

7f51d8A.jpg

Man I love this game. It ran like garbage on the 360 when there were more than 20 units on-screen, but I feel like that's something BC could slightly improve. I really wish WB would just get the rights to these games from EA, can't imagine it would cost them that much. It would also be nice simply because the PC version of the game requires a number of obnoxious work-arounds in order to run on modern systems.

Oh, hey, I want The Saboteur as well. Another EA game : /

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
One game I desperately want but know will never come to BC because of weird licensing issues:

7f51d8A.jpg

Man I love this game. It ran like garbage on the 360 when there were more than 20 units on-screen, but I feel like that's something BC could slightly improve. I really wish WB would just get the rights to these games from EA, can't imagine it would cost them that much. It would also be nice simply because the PC version of the game requires a number of obnoxious work-arounds in order to run on modern systems.

Oh, hey, I want The Saboteur as well. Another EA game : /
One of the first Xbox 360 games I got. Super rare game to find now too. Have you seen the remake for PC?

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm still holding out hope that EA makes Need for Speed Hot Pursuit compatible. There was a leak a few years ago about the game showing up on a listing somewhere, and then nothing.

Also, Burnout 2 and 3. Not sure what's taking EA so long on these. They already did Revenge and Paradise. It would be a damn shame if they never complete the collection.

Trials Evolution is another odd one. They did Trials HD long ago, but for some reason Evolution has never happened.

Oct 27, 2017
Well guess my fears are kinda justified now :( Hope this doesn't mean no OG Xbox or 4K 360 games.

A while ago EvilBoris claimed that from his understanding they've recently begun to phase 360 backwards compatibility testing to outsourced third parties. In the past, dating back to this thread on GAF, he's had inner access to a pending list of backwards compatible games and has been quite accurate in the games that are soon to become available, so there's that.

My interpretation of this is that the program isn't facing a gradual end all that soon, but there's been a shift in priorities and that's been apparent in the drop to single day announcements each week. It doesn't really tell me much on OG backwards compatible games and its state now since EvB only mentioned 360 games, perhaps he can offer up some more information on the rest of the program if he has it.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Well guess my fears are kinda justified now :( Hope this doesn't mean no OG Xbox or 4K 360 games.

Well, Microsoft had a once in a lifetime year. But something gives me the feeling that it goes downhill again from here on, with decisions that I don't like at all.
Or, maybe not "downhill" but Sony is more in the upwind right now than Microsoft with their decisions and rumors for the future.

I'm really ruthless when it comes to leaving something behind and focus 100% on another thing if there is one thing that pisses me off and if they really stop doing 4K BC Games and OG Xbox games because of stupid streaming shit, that could potentially be enough for me to say "alright, let's see what Sony does in the future".

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
Imagine a world where you can play more Metal Gear Solid games on Xbox One than you can on Sony's current console.
Imagine a world where Microsoft is offering the most classic games available over Sony and Nintendo.

Shit's crazy, but the other two don't give a flying fuck. I wanna sit here and blast the lack of 4K X enhancements on BC games but 720p is still better than nothing....

kc44135

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Well, Microsoft had a once in a lifetime year. But something gives me the feeling that it goes downhill again from here on, with decisions that I don't like at all.
Or, maybe not "downhill" but Sony is more in the upwind right now than Microsoft with their decisions and rumors for the future.

I'm really ruthless when it comes to leaving something behind and focus 100% on another thing if there is one thing that pisses me off and if they really stop doing 4K BC Games and OG Xbox games because of stupid streaming shit, that could potentially be enough for me to say "alright, let's see what Sony does in the future".
I agree that this would be very disappointing, especially for a streaming service that isn't really of much benefit to Xbox owners (who can already play these games natively and in better form on X1 hardware). So yeah :(

kc44135

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Imagine a world where Microsoft is offering the most classic games available over Sony and Nintendo.

Shit's crazy, but the other two don't give a flying fuck. I wanna sit here and blast the lack of 4K X enhancements on BC games but 720p is still better than nothing....
It is still a great selection of games regardless of what happens in the future. Also, I really don't care about 4K enhancements nearly as much as simply having access to the games tbh. I am disappointed with the OG Xbox selection tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.