• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Figments

Spencer’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
California
Sorry if this has been posted before. Didn't see the thread, and didn't know if anyone was gonna post it.

Apologies in advance.

Link to Xbox.com landing page for Backwards Compatibility: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/backward-compatibility?xr=shellnav

Have a title you want to come to backwards compatibility? Vote here: https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/298503

Facts:
  • All Games with Gold titles on Xbox 360 will be backwards compatible
  • Games need to have publisher approval
  • Microsoft plans to have all MS published titles available (except for Kinect games or games with license issues)
  • 360 games using peripherals/kinect will not work
  • Menu+View brings up the 360 guide while playing a BC title.
  • You can party chat with 360 users while using a BC title.
  • Xbox One features such as screenshots, clip recording, Snap and twitch streaming can be used with BC games.
  • If you upload your Xbox 360 game saves to the cloud you can access them when playing BC titles via Xbox One
  • Xbox OG has Backwards Compat. (Announced at 2017 E3)
News:
By the way, we did get an update to the amount of hours that have been played with BC. It reached 700M a few days ago. https://news.xbox.com/2017/10/23/play-three-generations-of-games-better-on-xbox-one/

June 28, 2016 - 100M Hours (7 months since launch)
August 16, 2016 - 145M Hours (+45M in 2 months)
November 10, 2016 - 210M Hours (+56M in 3 months)
June 7, 2017 - 508M Hours (+298M in 7 months)
October 23, 2017 - 700M Hours (+192M in 4 months)

Original Xbox Games Join Backward Compatibility Collection

One of the big highlights this year was bringing Original Xbox classics into the Xbox One Backward Compatibility program. Compatibility is important to Xbox, to developers and their games, and our community. In 2017, we added 136 Xbox 360, 13 Original Xbox and seven enhanced Xbox 360 titles, which helped contribute to the more than 400 titles available today and 740 million hours of Backward Compatible games played to-date.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2017/12/20/top-microsoft-gaming-moments-2017/

(Thanks to NSA for posting this a while back.)
All links to store pages are US links, please change region accordingly

newreleasest0z8u.png

XBOX 360:

ORIGINAL XBOX:

NOTE: All Original Xbox games include SOME degree of Xbox One X enhancements, though it appears limited to resolution bumps alone.

The likeliest arrival for the next batch of games is possibly Fall 2018. Games will be updated with marketplace links as they go live. Dates are when they are, using American formatting.

Xbox One X Enhanced

NOTE: You can toggle whether you want to optimize 360 X-enhanced games for either Graphics or Performance in the emulated Xbox 360 Guide.
  • Assassin's Creed
  • Crackdown
  • Darksiders
  • The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
  • Fable: Anniversary
  • Fallout 3
  • Forza Horizon
  • Gears of War 2
  • Gears of War 3
  • Halo 3
  • Mirror's Edge
  • Portal 2
  • Red Dead Redemption
  • Skate 3
  • Sonic Generations
  • Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
  • The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition

announcedgamesw0q2e.png

Battle Academy

I'll keep this updated as it goes along.

Last edited:

Gwyn

Oct 25, 2017
Any chance Ninja Gaiden Black is added in more region stores? Can't buy the game from Greece

Split

Oct 25, 2017
I have been really wanting to play Burnout 3 again.. Great fun with an awesome soundtrack. Get it done Phil!!

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The BC team really deserves props for their work. It is really fantastic to be able to put in a game you've owned for years and have it be better than it was before.

Also, you can take out Burnout Paradise from announced games, as it is already BC.

OP
OP
Figments

Figments

Spencer’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
California
The BC team really deserves props for their work. It is really fantastic to be able to put in a game you've owned for years and have it be better than it was before.

Also, you can take out Burnout Paradise from announced games, as it is already BC.

Was unsure if I should, seeing as it WAS announced. But oh well. I'll fix it momentarily.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
That Halo 3 ~4k X comparison has my fingers crossed for some Nuts and Bolts news on that front. Now, even when I get titles I want added to BC, I'll still have to hope for that extra X announcement to roll out with it.

Yay...​

GriffinCorp

Oct 25, 2017
I just had a chance to play Crimson Skies, I still can't get over how clean this game looks. Simply incredible! Props to the BC team. Looking forward to more classics, Burnout 3 and I pray the GTA Trilogy. Overall just blown away. Fusion Frenzy is my next game to play.

Kvasir

Oct 25, 2017
Original Xbox games look absolutely fantastic when played on the Xbox One. I'm still hoping for JSRF to be included with the next batch but I'm a bit worried that they'll encounter licensing issues with some of the songs.

OP
OP
Figments

Figments

Spencer’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
California
All of you thinking you'll get the games you want before I get mine.

WELL I GOT NEWS FOR YOU.

You're probably right. ;-;

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
What games would everyone like to see get the X enhancements? I'd love for Fable II to get a resolution bump and HDR.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017

It's a fantastic feature and it just keeps getting better and better. I do wish the wait for more original Xbox titles wasn't so long, but they're probably doing everything they can in that regard.

OP
OP
Figments

Figments

Spencer’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
California
Morrowind should be a surefire thing as one of the next titles, seeing as Bethesda is clearly still around and very much owns the rights to it.

Please Bethesda. Give it to me. Now.

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
Thursday are new Tuesdays.

OP you should mention that the next batch of OG Xbox games are coming Spring 2018.

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
Below is the first curated batch of Original Xbox games we're releasing into the Xbox One Backward Compatibility program. We expect to release another curated list of Original Xbox classics in Spring 2018, so stayed tuned for more. And to help celebrate the launch of Original Xbox games into the Xbox One Backward Compatibility library, Xbox Game Pass members get access to Xbox Original Ninja Gaiden Black for free as a part of their membership to the game subscription service.

https://majornelson.com/2017/10/23/play-three-generations-of-games-better-on-xbox-one/

hlhbk

Oct 25, 2017
Well I didn't ever get to see Burnout Revenge come out on BC while at GAF even though it was promised over a year and a half ago. Hopefully we get it here! LOL.

Also how is KOTOR compared to the PC version?

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
I almost wanna buy an Xbox just for KOTOR. I find the PC version less than ideal for a few reasons.

It would be fitting, considering it was the singular reason I bought an OG Xbox.

Deleted member 7130

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I almost wanna buy an Xbox just for KOTOR. I find the PC version less than ideal for a few reasons.

It would be fitting, considering it was the singular reason I bought an OG Xbox.

Yeah, unfortunately the Steam version is one of those games that just got dumped out for sale with no regard for the fact that it barely works today. Even with mods and patches, I couldn't get the game playable from start to finish. The IOS version is alright, but I think some effects are still missing. Hopefully MS's BC emulation can be more accurate.

OP
OP
Figments

Figments

Spencer’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
California
When I wake up, I better see MW3, Microsoft.

It's been a long time coming.

But it's finally time to make my dreams come true.

Status
Not open for further replies.