• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Springy

Oct 28, 2017
That's not FPS boost. It was a dev patch not MS BC.

The article talks about an FPS Boost that was implemented earlier, though
Of course, this isn't the first time we've played Far Cry 5 at 60fps on consoles. Both Series X and S was updated in 2021 with Microsoft's FPS Boost backwards compatibility enhancement. This offered the key visual enhancement from the current-gen release - a doubled frame-rate - but ran at 1440x1080 on both consoles. Series X users would have to choose between a low-res FPS Boost version, and the high-res One X code, which was a tough choice.

Springy

Oct 28, 2017
Also, with regards to the original query, it doesn't change the fact that that list is incomplete for somebody who is looking for a thorough list of games that see performance benefits on newer consoles if it only accounts for MS BC efforts.

I'm not aware of a definitive list but I'd also be curious to know if one exists

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017

Eroke

Oct 27, 2017
SOXBm6w.png

Buy SOULCALIBUR | Xbox

The greatest fighting game of all time is now available for the Xbox 360. Choose amongst 19 of the world's greatest weapon masters on an epic quest to exotic locations in an attempt to possess the power of the Soul Edge. SOULCALIBUR is the ultimate fighting game.

To buy this game, I went into the store and it says it's impossible to buy.
Where should I buy it?

mausterhunter

Feb 1, 2019
SOXBm6w.png

Buy SOULCALIBUR | Xbox

The greatest fighting game of all time is now available for the Xbox 360. Choose amongst 19 of the world's greatest weapon masters on an epic quest to exotic locations in an attempt to possess the power of the Soul Edge. SOULCALIBUR is the ultimate fighting game.

Where should I buy it?
there were some keys available online for a while after it was delisted, but I expect they're all sold out by now.

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017
SOXBm6w.png

Buy SOULCALIBUR | Xbox

Where should I buy it?
The game was delisted 2 years ago.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I think I got Soul Calibur 1 and 2 keys from Amazon after Wario64 posted links to them.

That was a long-ass time ago, though.

Eroke

Oct 27, 2017
there were some keys available online for a while after it was delisted, but I expect they're all sold out by now.

OH...

majornelson.com

Xbox One Backward Compatibility - Xbox Wire

Since 2015, the backward compatibility program for Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S has made it possible for gamers around the globe to discover and replay thousands of games spanning our 20-year history. For a better understanding of how the Xbox One Backward Compatibility program works and how...

I thought I could buy it because it was listed here...

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017
OH...

majornelson.com

Xbox One Backward Compatibility - Xbox Wire

Since 2015, the backward compatibility program for Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S has made it possible for gamers around the globe to discover and replay thousands of games spanning our 20-year history. For a better understanding of how the Xbox One Backward Compatibility program works and how...

I thought I could buy it because it was listed here...
To be fair, that list was last updated in November 2021. I believe the SoulCalibur delistings happened between February and May 2022.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Yep I think supply of codes for the XBLA versions of SC1 have totally dried up.

There are resellers here with codes for Soul Calibur 2 HD here, not cheap though.