• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

krg

Oct 27, 2017
question for Scott Pilgrim vs The World owners, are you able to re-download the game? I downloaded the demo back in the day, as it shows on my download history, but I'm unable to download it. All I'm getting is error [insert numbers here] ;( wtf? I thought we were supposed to get all the stuff we once got from the Marketplace.

stn

Oct 28, 2017
Question about Battlefront 2 for the original Xbox... what can you even play? Isn't it only online? Its free this month as part of the GwG pass but not sure if I should bother downloading.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Question about Battlefront 2 for the original Xbox... what can you even play? Isn't it only online? Its free this month as part of the GwG pass but not sure if I should bother downloading.
It has a singleplayer campaign called Rise of the Empire.

"This set of missions is presented as the narration from a veteran of the 501st Legion, beginning with an attack on the planet Mygeeto during the Clone Wars and ending with the assault on Hoth as depicted in The Empire Strikes Back. There are a total of 18 missions, four of which are optional space missions."

Storm

Oct 25, 2017
question for Scott Pilgrim vs The World owners, are you able to re-download the game? I downloaded the demo back in the day, as it shows on my download history, but I'm unable to download it. All I'm getting is error [insert numbers here] ;( wtf? I thought we were supposed to get all the stuff we once got from the Marketplace.

I downloaded the full game (and DLCs) about a year ago... There are some games that have the files fully pulled. one that comes to mind is Earthworm Jim HD which got pulled from 360 servers (but is still downloadable via X1). iirc Scott Pilgrim is not one unless something has changed.

krg

Oct 27, 2017
I downloaded the full game (and DLCs) about a year ago... There are some games that have the files fully pulled. one that comes to mind is Earthworm Jim HD which got pulled from 360 servers (but is still downloadable via X1). iirc Scott Pilgrim is not one unless something has changed.

oh shit, but that is straight up illegal isn't it? I mean I paid for the damn thing...I guess I'm lucky I kept Earthworm Jim on my 360 since I don't own an Xbox One.
That's why I HATE this digital present/future on consoles (I've never had issues on Steam regarding delisted games)

Nov 1, 2017
oh shit, but that is straight up illegal isn't it? I mean I paid for the damn thing...I guess I'm lucky I kept Earthworm Jim on my 360 since I don't own an Xbox One.
That's why I HATE this digital present/future on consoles (I've never had issues on Steam regarding delisted games)

Are you sure about the Earthworm Jim thing? As far as i know any content that you have actually paid money for should always be re-downloadable (not sure about demos but i can understand not being able to re-download a demo for a game that got delisted), especially if it is still available to download via the Xbox 1. You won't find it in the store but you would have to go through your entire download history on the 360 console itself (which having done it before i traded my 360 in is sadly a very slow and frustrating experience) and find it on there which is a task in itself as every bit of content, free, game related or otherwise comes up in that list.

This would be the first instance i am aware of that a piece of paid digital content was forever lost.

EDIT: In the case of Scott Pilgrim that game was available to download when i tried around September time in 2017 which is when i last played it before i traded in my 360. Just checked my achievements for the date.

Storm

Oct 25, 2017
Are you sure about the Earthworm Jim thing?.

I've tried. I'm no stranger to delisted content and know how to redownload it and stuff. I recently picked up another 360 and started downloading my stuff to it to free up some space on X1 and delete my BC games.

It's not the only "fully removed" content too. Two Guitar Hero songs can't be redownloaded too.

russbus64

May 1, 2018
I have come to accept that Skate 1 and 2 won't happen at this point. I would love to see another round of X Enhanced 360 titles (Burnout Revenge?) or some new OG Xbox titles. Not sure what I'd want either as a lot of titles either don't look likely or have licensing issues (Mechassault, THPS2X, Airforce Delta Storm, Blood Wake, JSRF, Gunvalkyrie, Burnout 3).

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
I've tried. I'm no stranger to delisted content and know how to redownload it and stuff. I recently picked up another 360 and started downloading my stuff to it to free up some space on X1 and delete my BC games.

It's not the only "fully removed" content too. Two Guitar Hero songs can't be redownloaded too.

All paid content should be dowloadable regardless of whether its been delisted. If it's not, the only explanation is error, and if I'm remembering correctly, it's happened before, and they fixed it.

Do Sega have any BC game that released on the original Xbox?

Panzer Dragoon Orta.

krg

Oct 27, 2017
Are you sure about the Earthworm Jim thing? As far as i know any content that you have actually paid money for should always be re-downloadable (not sure about demos but i can understand not being able to re-download a demo for a game that got delisted), especially if it is still available to download via the Xbox 1. You won't find it in the store but you would have to go through your entire download history on the 360 console itself (which having done it before i traded my 360 in is sadly a very slow and frustrating experience) and find it on there which is a task in itself as every bit of content, free, game related or otherwise comes up in that list.

This would be the first instance i am aware of that a piece of paid digital content was forever lost.

EDIT: In the case of Scott Pilgrim that game was available to download when i tried around September time in 2017 which is when i last played it before i traded in my 360. Just checked my achievements for the date.

now same thing just happened with the Marvel vs Capcom 2 demo I had, can't redownload it ;(
I wish someone could actually test it with the full game.

Last edited:

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I do remember a number of games being completely removed from the server with no access to download again regardless if you paid for it. I believe Marble Blast Ultra was one of them.

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
I do remember a number of games being completely removed from the server with no access to download again regardless if you paid for it. I believe Marble Blast Ultra was one of them.

Over the years I've heard that about a number of games, and every time I would try to redownload such a game, I would succeed (I believe Scott Pilgrim was one of them). I can't check for Marble Blast Ultra, however, because I don't own it.

It also makes no sense whatsoever that a 360 game would be downloadable as a BC title on Xbox One, but not on Xbox 360. Again, unless it's an error, in which case it should be reported.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Over the years I've heard that about a number of games, and every time I would try to redownload such a game, I would succeed (I believe Scott Pilgrim was one of them). I can't check for Marble Blast Ultra, however, because I don't own it.

It also makes no sense whatsoever that a 360 game would be downloadable as a BC title on Xbox One, but not on Xbox 360. Again, unless it's an error, in which case it should be reported.
I bought Marble Blast Ultra and I remember that being the case back then, but it's been years so I have no idea if that's the case now. Also you're right about it shouldn't be the case for any BC titles that have been delisted.

Fortinbras

Oct 27, 2017
I own a lot of games that have been delisted. I can confirm that Earthworm Jim HD can't be downloaded on the 360.

I can still download everything else, for example: Scott Pilgrim, MvC Origins and MvC 2, Enslaved, X-Men...

The last time I checked I could still download games like Outrun, Sega Rally Online Arcade, After Burner Climax...

I never owned Marble Blast so I can't say anything about that. Could the Earthworm Jim removal be unintentional?

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
I own a lot of games that have been delisted. I can confirm that Earthworm Jim HD can't be downloaded on the 360.

I can still download everything else, for example: Scott Pilgrim, MvC Origins and MvC 2, Enslaved, X-Men...

The last time I checked I could still download games like Outrun, Sega Rally Online Arcade, After Burner Climax...

I never owned Marble Blast so I can't say anything about that. Could the Earthworm Jim removal be unintentional?

What do you see when you go to this page? https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/earthworm-jim-hd/bt0zpg6h6096?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Fortinbras

Oct 27, 2017
I can install it on my Xbox One consoles but I can't install the game on my Xbox 360 consoles.

Navigating the 360 download history is a pain. Xbox.com used to have a purchase history that listed everything including purchase dates for the Xbox 360. They replaced this list with a new one that's missing a lot of games. So some games need to be downloaded through the purchase history on the console.

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
I can install it on my Xbox One consoles but I can't install the game on my Xbox 360 consoles.

Navigating the 360 download history is a pain. Xbox.com used to have a purchase history that listed everything including purchase dates for the Xbox 360. They replaced this list with a new one that's missing a lot of games. So some games need to be downloaded through the purchase history on the console.

Yeah that purchase history shit is a load of bollocks. I have an Xbox One and a 360, when I look up 360 games on the web then the download link automatically starts it on the primary 360, that's why I was wondering what option you got. It just says unavailable for me cos I don't own it.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just looked it up and I see recent posts on reddit saying they can redownload Marble Blast Ultra through their download history on Xbox 360 so I guess I was wrong.

Oct 27, 2017
Earthworm Jim's been delisted? Shit, that's a game I was hoping would be on sale eventually and now I'm reading this.

Perhaps it's off-topic, but is there any other way of owning it legally on consoles after this delisting?

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

It has a single player campaign, a turn based mode called Galactic Conquest where you battle the CPU to control the galaxy, as well split screen and bots for standard multiplayer.

krg

Oct 27, 2017
Earthworm Jim's been delisted? Shit, that's a game I was hoping would be on sale eventually and now I'm reading this.

Perhaps it's off-topic, but is there any other way of owning it legally on consoles after this delisting?

If a game gets delisted I'm afraid there's no legal way to obtain it (hate to say it but pirates get to play them all and for free... fuck this, seriously)

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
At this point I'll probably just buy an OG Xbox or PS2 and play Burnout 3 on one of those. I've been hoping for a Burnout 3 announcement ever since OG Xbox BC games were announced and Burnout Revenge became backwards compatible.

But we haven't gotten anything new in regards to OG Xbox games and the BC announcements have been getting sparse it seems.

Gauntlet Dark Legacy is another OG Xbox title that I has hoping would become BC but that one has a less than 0% chance.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jeeeeeez. Been quite the lull the past few weeks. They must be preparing and finalizing whatever Klobrille was teasing for the next Inside Xbox, at least that's my hope. When is that next Inside Xbox suppose to be again?

Anyone?
There's still Thursday which has gotten several BC announcements this year.

There has been no official word on when April's Inside Xbox will be. Major Nelson offhandedly said in a stream that it would be the second week of April, but it's obvious those plans were tentative and not happening.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah BC pickings have been pretty bad in the past few weeks. I hope it's because they are building a bunch up to drop at once.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
At this point I'll probably just buy an OG Xbox or PS2 and play Burnout 3 on one of those. I've been hoping for a Burnout 3 announcement ever since OG Xbox BC games were announced and Burnout Revenge became backwards compatible.

But we haven't gotten anything new in regards to OG Xbox games and the BC announcements have been getting sparse it seems.

Gauntlet Dark Legacy is another OG Xbox title that I has hoping would become BC but that one has a less than 0% chance.

I recently softmodded my OG Box and it's a treat playing again.

Ardiloso

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
I will wait for the next Inside Xbox before declaring the BC initiative dead. It's like almost 1 year of slowlyness. I have the impression the team is about 3-4 people doing all the work. MS should seriously invest there. There are a lot of important games not bc yet (and many deserving X support). At this rate we will be in 2025 and not hit 50% yet.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Didn't Klobrille say 9 April a few pages back?
I know he's a pretty accurate poster but since when has Klobrille been the OFFICIAL source for Xbox? LOL
I will wait for the next Inside Xbox before declaring the BC initiative dead. It's like almost 1 year of slowlyness. I have the impression the team is about 3-4 people doing all the work. MS should seriously invest there. There are a lot of important games not bc yet (and many deserving X support). At this rate we will be in 2025 and not hit 50% yet.
Here we go again with this nonsense again. It's literally only been one week (last week) this year there haven't been any BC drops and this week isn't over and yet you're ready to declare the BC initiative dead? LMAO

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do you know something, hope for a cool announcement or are you simply craving to update your awesome BC analysis thread? :D
MauroXL legit knows somebody with Insider info and has been correct in knowing there were going to be BC announcements that were Japanese games at last years X0 event and it turned out it was the Final Fantasy 13 trilogy that were X enhanced.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
I know he's a pretty accurate poster but since when has Klobrille been the OFFICIAL source for Xbox? LOL

Didn't mean to imply that, just that it - along with the Major Nelson comment you mentioned - is one of the only hints we've had, but plans obviously changed.

I'm hoping the four original Splinter Cell games will be added or at least some of them :)

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Didn't mean to imply that, just that it - along with the Major Nelson comment you mentioned - is one of the only hints we've had, but plans obviously changed.

I'm hoping the four original Splinter Cell games will be added or at least some of them :)
Just messing with you and I hope we get the rest of the OG Xbox Splinter Cell games too.

GobHoblin

Oct 27, 2017
Could they make just a general 360 emulator mode to run discs of licensed games and get away with not having to re-license anything or touch the original game code?
Guess this has been discussed before...