• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
Would like to preemptively thank Klobrille and Mauro for confirming Ninja Gaiden 2, guaranteed will be here for sure :)

That would be the last 360 game I want. I'm guessing we are getting a mix of new enhanced games for OG and 360 but I'm tempering my expectations. We got Metal Gear and Silent Hill which was more than I ever expected tbh

Oct 27, 2017
Max Payne 1, 2 & 3
Splinter Cell (OG Xbox)
Blur (360)
Project Gotham Racing (any of them. Just 1 will do)
Alan Wake re-listed and X Enhanced
Silent Hill 2 (OG)
A drop of any other 10+ OG Xbox games

I think that's reasonable..?

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Just messing with you and I hope we get the rest of the OG Xbox Splinter Cell games too.

Fair enough :)

It'll be nice to have them on a modern platform. Bought 1 and 3 on PC, but they don't have proper Xinput support, so it's a hassle getting controllers to work. BC on One wouldn't have those problems and could potentially fix the tearing and framerate issues of the originals. Only slight worry would be black crush, but hopefully that won't be a problem if they make it. Fingers crossed.

Where?

April IX. April Inside Xbox.

Yeah, I think he means the April inside Xbox.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
There are still a few more games I'd like to see be made BC but at this point I just want to see more X enhancements to games that are already BC.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
PGR4 on 1X will look crazy good. Maybe even the best looking arcade racer out there. We needs it!

Oct 27, 2017
Any of them barring PGR1 will do. Let's be careful with our wishes here.

Yeah when I said "just 1 will do" I meant any one of the games.. not necessarily PGR1. I don't care which PGR game, I just need one of them.

It's one of those series' where right now I'm just looking for official acknowledgement of it's existence. Even if we got PGR1 it would at least give some reasonable cause for hope that the others/a new entry might come one day. Right now it just feel's like it's dead/stuck in licensing limbo.

Harlowlad

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah when I said "just 1 will do" I meant any one of the games.. not necessarily PGR1. I don't care which PGR game, I just need one of them.

It's one of those series' where right now I'm just looking for official acknowledgement of it's existence. Even if we got PGR1 it would at least give some reasonable cause for hope that the others/a new entry might come one day. Right now it just feel's like it's dead/stuck in licensing limbo.

I got my 360 out and wired back up this weekend after reading this thread over the past week. Couldn't wait for a possible announcement. Played PGR3, PGR4 and Outrun 2006 C2C. Wasn't disappointed. Fun times

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
I got my 360 out and wired back up this weekend after reading this thread over the past week. Couldn't wait for a possible announcement. Played PGR3, PGR4 and Outrun 2006 C2C. Wasn't disappointed. Fun times

I'm in the weird position of playing on my 360 to play an Original Xbox title that isn't back-compat on One. Back-compatability, but perhaps not the one you were expecting.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
"exclusive look at Rage 2, a handful of exciting Back Compat announcements, and several surprises we're saving for the show itself."

Read more at https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/04/10/april-2019-inside-xbox-announce/#wZtORZyj7D4HysSm.99

Thereitis.gif
"A handful" translates to "Here's one game [at the top of the hour], here's another[at the halfway mark], and here's one more [at the end of the hour]."

Don't get me wrong. It's great that they actually mentioned backwards compatibility for the next Inside Xbox show. I'm still keeping my expectations in check.

OP
OP
MauroNL

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
"A handful" translates to "Here's one game [at the top of the hour], here's another[at the halfway mark], and here's one more [at the end of the hour]."

Don't get me wrong. It's great that they actually mentioned backwards compatibility for the next Inside Xbox show. I'm still keeping my expectations in check.
Their wording is what's interesting to me: "handful of BC announcements" rather than "handful of BC games"

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Pretty sure I could fit a lot of games in my hands.

My guess is Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast and NeoGeo CD support being added to the BC program.

GobHoblin

Oct 27, 2017

My guess is Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast and NeoGeo CD support being added to the BC program.
raw

BlockABoots

Oct 27, 2017

But But, what if those 3 games were, NG2, Max Payne 3 and PGR4!!!?

anil

Nov 3, 2017
A handful?
Ok here we go
1. All BC games are now x enhanced( the toggle they added for X enhanced titles to play on original resolutions has to be part of something big)
2. Few x360 titles and new batch of original Xbox titles

Fingers crossed

Error 52

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
At this point I'll probably just buy an OG Xbox or PS2 and play Burnout 3 on one of those. I've been hoping for a Burnout 3 announcement ever since OG Xbox BC games were announced and Burnout Revenge became backwards compatible.

But we haven't gotten anything new in regards to OG Xbox games and the BC announcements have been getting sparse it seems.

Gauntlet Dark Legacy is another OG Xbox title that I has hoping would become BC but that one has a less than 0% chance.
The 360 supports Burnout 3 and it runs fine, so I'd go with that since a 360 is probably easier to grab than an OG Xbox at this point and that sweet sweet HDMI output.

Oct 27, 2017
I've been thinking for a while that among former leader of backwards compatibility Bill Stillwell's tasks after leaving for xCloud was an attempt to merge and enable backwards compatibility to xCloud. I figure that with Gamepass at the centre of all their promotion , xCloud arriving and clearly at the forefront of their priorities lately, their interest in a specific 'backwards compatibility announcement' is to relate it to these new programs to enhance their push. That or some kind of expansion of backwards compatibility to PC, though I would think bringing Gamepass on PC in parity with consoles might the first before backwards compatibility comes.

TL: DR I'm thinking these announcements might just be some kind of expansion of backwards compatibility and not necessarily a significant expansion of the catalogue of games.

Anyway, today it's officially a full year since the last wave of original Xbox games came.

Nov 1, 2017

Obviously that would be amazing but i'm actually surprised Microsoft hasn't already done something like this. Copy Nintendo's Virtual Console service wholesale, get their technical wizards to partner up with Sega, SNK et al and build some console emulators. Of course a lot of these kind of games are being ported and resold anyway but it would cement the Xbox as not just the box for all things Microsoft but other companies as well. DO ITTTTTT!!!!!!

(i also think the next Xbox should full on have a "Steam mode" that would allow you to play Steam PC games on the Xbox but it almost seems like too good an idea to be true)

Serule

Oct 25, 2017
My guesses: "handful" means at least three announcements; and they wouldn't advertise it like this unless the announcements will get some positive buzz. IMO, worst case is three requested but niche titles.

Muzzymate

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
If limited to a handful of game announcements: Mortal Kombat 9, Scott Pilgrim, and the reintroduction of Poker Smash.

If new features announcements: I'd love to see USB support for Kinect, Vision Camera, and Guitar Hero/Rock Band compatibility (never gonna happen), optional switch to upscale all 360/OG games to 1080p/4K/unlock framerate (maybe could happen), and run 360 BC games on a Windows 10 machine (sure why, not, but sounds like a licensing nightmare).

Edit:

Oooo... a new stretch goal. I like it. How crazy would that be? I'd totally eat that up.

Dragon's Game

Alt account
Banned
Apr 1, 2019
There are only 3 explanations why Max Payne 3 isn't on BC yet

1. They are developing Max Payne 4
2. They are doing a remaster of 3
3. Rockstar is sadistic