• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what the chances of other Marvel props coming are like. Some of those would like pretty neat upscaled to modern resolutions(even though text will be a pixelated mess)

examples
Hulk Ultimate Destruction(OG Xbox)
Captain America(360)
Wolverine Origins Uncaged(36)
X-Men Legends 1/2(OG Xbox)
Iron Man 2(360)
Thor God of Thunder(360)

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I wonder what the chances of other Marvel props coming are like. Some of those would like pretty neat upscaled to modern resolutions(even though text will be a pixelated mess)

examples
Captain America(360) - Sega
Wolverine Origins Uncaged(360)
Iron Man 2(360)
Thor God of Thunder(360)
Those games were originally published by Activision and Sega, so Microsoft would need the rights from them as well as the rights from Disney. It's not impossible but it's just a lot to get through.

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
It's baffling that Raiden IV is BC yet the Raiden Fighters Collection still isn't after all this time. Really weird how Seibu/Moss/UFO these days seem to only be willing to release the modern Raiden games but won't release older games in the series. And unless I'm mistaken Raiden 1&2 still haven't gotten a console release since the Raiden Project on PS1. Makes me wonder if the 2D sprite based Seibu Keihatsu shmups have rights issues now and maybe that's why the Raiden Fighters still hasn't been added to BC.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MauroNL

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Are we ever going to get Tony Hawk Project 8?

Or is the music it has holding it back ?

I miss skateboarding
The music will surely be a problem, and I'm not sure if Activision still works with Tony Hawk himself after the last game bombed critically and commercially. Iirc he said something like "I won't work with Acti anymore and publish games myself", something like that. So I guess chances are slim, considering none of the previous games are even on Xbox Live anymore.

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
For reference, no game in the series is digitally available for PC. The licensing is more dead than Sega's with Ferrari.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
For reference, no game in the series is digitally available for PC. The licensing is more dead than Sega's with Ferrari.
Oof when the most lax rights are gone for all games in a series, you know it's dead. But to be honest I don't recall any games being available digital ever for tr THPS series.

Oct 27, 2017

examples
Captain America(360)
Wolverine Origins Uncaged(36)
Iron Man 2(360)
Thor God of Thunder(360)

The X-Men Legends games are definitely something I'd want BC.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
Weren't all of those games already natively on XB1? That's what I assumed the reason always was, didn't need a collection to really validate that.

I'm not sure, but if you don't already own them this is probably a cheaper way to get them all, no?

Many games are already native and still get released by BC

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Perhaps, but BC program is leaving a lot of money on the table because of how archaic and restrictive BC shop is.

Gamestop has literally given away Xbox 360 consoles for the past two years on BF.

If you still don't have one laying around and have a large chunk of credit to spend, give a shout and someone on the board can assist.

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
Disappointing that they didn't throw us a bone during the Inside Xbox, either in the form of new Xbox games, new 360 or some enhancements.

OP
OP
MauroNL

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Updated OP:

- Added a sale tab where you can find all currently valid Xbox 360 deals, updated weekly
- Added some additional questions in the FAQ like account balance and accessories
- Added a symbol for titles that are not available digitally or are disc only titles
- Grouped all titles in a series and franchise together for easier reading (like all Tom Clancy games)
- Added some missing Japan only titles like Steins Gate
- Cleaned up all the capital lettered titles for easier reading
- Removed all copyright, trademark and other logos in the master list

If I somehow missed a game that is delisted or disc only place let me know so I can update the OP

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
Updated OP:

- Added a sale tab where you can find all currently valid Xbox 360 deals, updated weekly
- Added some additional questions in the FAQ like account balance and accessories
- Added a symbol for titles that are not available digitally or are disc only titles
- Grouped all titles in a series and franchise together for easier reading (like all Tom Clancy games)

If I somehow missed a game that is delisted or disc only place let me know so I can update the OP

Thank you! I think you meant italics, not cursive ;)

TotalMackerel

Oct 26, 2017
Updated OP:

Great additions! Thanks so much!

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
That's a great update! Thank you!

I could have sworn RUSE was delisted, but it is indeed still available digitally. Anyway, the 2€ for the physical version are fine I guess.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Curious to see how they didn't bother bringing Crackdown 2 in the program yet. I know it wasn't particularly well received, but I would have thought they would have gave fans of it a little nostalgia trip to raise more hype for 3. Could always arrive at a later time of course, but with MS just giving Crackdown away for free these days I doubt it'll happen soon, they won't want to have 3 different Crackdown games "released" close to each other.

OP
OP
MauroNL

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Curious to see how they didn't bother bringing Crackdown 2 in the program yet. I know it wasn't particularly well received, but I would have thought they would have gave fans of it a little nostalgia trip to raise more hype for 3. Could always arrive at a later time of course, but with MS just giving Crackdown away for free these days I doubt it'll happen soon, they won't want to have 3 different Crackdown games "released" close to each other.
They probably don't want to taint newcomers to the franchise with a wrong impression, thats why you see Crackdown 1 being handed out for free now. Crackdown 3 is mostly built around the first games mechanics and aesthetics, so it would be more logical to give the first game some love. If newcomers would have started with 2 they would get a completely different feel to the franchise, they'd probably think "whats this weird zombie shooter", and not "I feel like a badass super agent". The second game has a different tone and is just inferior in almost every way IMO.

I expect the game to go BC someday though, probably a good few months after Crackdown 3 has come out.

zappa

Dec 25, 2017
No idea why Kung Fu Chaos was never BC across two generations. It's a first party game.

May 21, 2018
Updated OP:

Marvelous effort.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
It could be no one wants to relicense Kung Fu Fighting and the song from Enter the Dragon. Which is a shame because I really liked Kung Fu Chaos.
MS did re-license music to bring back Alan Wake to digital stores.

Doubt the investment for an OG Xbox game 5 people would play would be worth it tho.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
So I've no chance of getting a tennis game do I? I have looked at AO and the other one and they both seem to be way worse than Virtua Tennis and Top Spin. It's a real shame both series seem to be dead.

OP
OP
MauroNL

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Random Capcom Sale just hit for several Xbox 360 games:

Dustforce - $2.99
DmC - $4.99
Devil May Cry 4 - $4.99
Devil May Cry HD Collection - $4.99
Super Street Fighter II HD Turbo Remix - $4.94
Street Fighter IV - $9.99
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition - $11.99

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I just saw that LEGO The Lord of the Rings was delisted from all platforms back in January - there go my hopes of it ever becoming backwards compatible :(

Thankfully I bought the PC version years ago, but it would have been nice to have it as part of my BC collection too.

Backlogger

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
I just saw that LEGO The Lord of the Rings was delisted from all platforms back in January - there go my hopes of it ever becoming backwards compatible :(

Thankfully I bought the PC version years ago, but it would have been nice to have it as part of my BC collection too.
They could still do it for those that own the disc or bought it before being delisted.

Aug 11, 2018
This is nothing however Phil is still chilling on the 360 dashboard over an hour since I got online.

Maybe he wants to play Ninja Gaiden II.

HadesHotgun

Oct 25, 2017
Updated OP:

This thread is infinitely more useful than any storefront that MS is offering. Thank you so much for doing all that.