• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

One1stepahead

Oct 27, 2017
b0e51604-a23e-4bd3-a8f4-a010be94db2e.PNG

70f29f19-0187-4d6b-ac3b-1c13a12be954.PNG

It's truly incredible to see some of the best games of last-gen with this image quality on the X. They look like remasters.

But it's all free if you own the 360 version, now THAT is pro consumer.

aember

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks to someone I know in the US I was able to get Blacklist. Freaking wow! Back when I had a desktop, it could barely run the game at 720p on the lowest settings. Playing it now at 4k is a fantastic experience!

speedomodel

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I played through Conviction like 2 months ago for first time....

Thankfully, I waited on Blacklist. Will jump into that in the next week or two.

Iichter

Oct 29, 2017
Nice additions, Ninja Gaiden 2 and SC Blacklist are on my radar now.

+ a nice little tweet coming from libretro

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
It's truly incredible to see some of the best games of last-gen with this image quality on the X. They look like remasters.

Bc might just be my favorite thing about owning an X. Just a few more highly requested games to go and we'll be set, looking at you, Lost Odyssey!

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Splinter cell conviction looks super crisp. Fable 2 and 3 on the other hand still look kinda blurry even in 4k

DOTDASHDOT

Helios Abandoned. Atropos Conquered.
Oct 26, 2017

I tried to get ahead of the curve, 6 months ago and bought NG2 for £5, hoping for X enhanced, I won! £25 in Xbox store :)

Cohesivestraw

Oct 29, 2017
I never played any of the KOTOR games. I it worth playing if I don't have rose colored glasses for it? Also I'm seeing that the second one might be better? Do I skip straight there?

ACellarDoor

Mar 4, 2019
I am extremely happy for Blacklist. I adore that game and started playing it few weeks back and then stopped. I resumed yesterday and it looks so good. Once you get used to 4k image quality, going back to 720p can sometimes be a really jarring experience, depending on the artstyle of the game.

severianb

Banned
Nov 9, 2017

If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck..... as far as I'm concerned, they ARE remasters. They used software tricks rather than changes to the code to upgrade the resolution, the filtering and textures, but the result is the same.

Just amazing work. I've been playing the 2005 version of Star Wars Battlefront 2 and I'm just amazed with how sharp it is.

One1stepahead

Oct 27, 2017
I tried to get ahead of the curve, 6 months ago and bought NG2 for £5, hoping for X enhanced, I won! £25 in Xbox store :)

Hey mate, that's great! So you will have you first true experience of NG2 on the X? You will be impressed, i'm sure of that. NG2 looks so nice on the X.

There are lot of contrast rich environments in this game with nice blacks so it will look spectaculair on your OLED! And the gameplay is still so awesome.

Let me your impressions! ;-)

DOTDASHDOT

Oct 26, 2017
Where are we at for NG2's rendering resolution? It was a paltry 540p on 360 right? 1620p?

DOTDASHDOT

Oct 26, 2017
Hey mate, that's great! So you will have you first true experience of NG2 on the X? You will be impressed, i'm sure of that. NG2 looks so nice on the X.

There are lot of contrast rich environments in this game with nice blacks so it will look spectaculair on your OLED! And the gameplay is still so awesome.

Let me your impressions! ;-)

I did play and finish it on the 360 back in the day, but even back then, I was real disappointed by the rough/low res visuals on display, so this is just awesome! Fantastic game though, and bloody hard.

You bought this yet mate?

One1stepahead

Oct 27, 2017
If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck..... as far as I'm concerned, they ARE remasters. They used software tricks rather than changes to the code to upgrade the resolution, the filtering and textures, but the result is the same.

Just amazing work. I've been playing the 2005 version of Star Wars Battlefront 2 and I'm just amazed with how sharp it is.

Haha agree with you! But these are FREE remasters! They put a lot of care in these X enhanced games, much respect to the BC team at MS!

Dragon's Game

Alt account
Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Rockstar must be working on a big Max Payne 3 remaster, there's no other reason why they wouldn't have it on BC

One1stepahead

Oct 27, 2017
I did play and finish it on the 360 back in the day, but even back then, I was real disappointed by the rough/low res visuals on display, so this is just awesome! Fantastic game though, and bloody hard.

You bought this yet mate?

I also have this game since it's launch on 360. Yeah, i feel the same. IQ was rough and blurry (540p) with screen tearing and the framedrops were disappointing coming from NG1.

But on the X it's on a whole nother level, NG2 is now a very polished game, just amazing to see!

Last edited:

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
Where are we at for NG2's rendering resolution? It was a paltry 540p on 360 right? 1620p?

Oh wat, I didn't know 1620p would look that sharp. Could've fooled me if someone said it was 4k. Looked lovely on the b7.

edit:
I really don't remember the game being this batshit hard, I died to the ninja dogs in stage 2.

One1stepahead

Oct 27, 2017
Oh wat, I didn't know 1620p would look that sharp. Could've fooled me if someone said it was 4k. Looked lovely on the b7.

Ha! All three of us own the 2017 LG OLED. Agree, i swear the game looks like native 4k to me. Too sharp for 1620p i think. But maybe that's because of the clean art direction of this game. Anyway, it's sharp enough!

Last edited:

DOTDASHDOT

Oct 26, 2017

edit:
I really don't remember the game being this batshit hard, I died to the ninja dogs in stage 2.

Ha! All three of us own the 2017 LG OLED. Agree, i swear the game looks like native 4 to me. Too sharp for 1620p i think. But maybe that's because of the clean art direcrion of this game. Anyway, it's sharp enough!

I played it for 5 minutes earlier, it looks really nice, and yeah the art direction really helps.

I'm taking it all the way, even though the last boss almost reduced me to tears lol, it is very hard, and to this day will never understand how anyone could finish it on Master Ninja, that makes From Software's games look like they were made for 8 year olds :0

One1stepahead

Oct 27, 2017
I played it for 5 minutes earlier, it looks really nice, and yeah the art direction really helps.

I'm taking it all the way, even though the last boss almost reduced me to tears lol, it is very hard, and to this day will never understand how anyone could finish it on Master Ninja, that makes From Software's games look like they were made for 8 year olds :0

Yes it's hard even on Path of the Warrior. But NG2 feels immensely satisfying to play. It's harder than any Souls game for sure. Master Ninja is madness haha.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
NG2 is amazing, and that much more so playing it enhanced. This is bonkers-good game design.

It's almost strange coming to this now, compared to when I played it originally. If you're halfway decent at manuals in Killer Instinct, I swear the combat in NG2 ends up feeling like it was built around the same idea.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
My copy of NG2 just shipped from Amazon, hyped.

It really is amazing what hi-res textures and resolution alone can do for a game's visuals. The original Assassins Creed has One X enhancements and there are points where it straight-up looks like it could have easily been a game from earlier in this generation.

Oct 25, 2017
So Fable 3: is the girl supposed to be missing her neck in the opening moment when you're picking who you will play as? Because she doesn't have a neck in my game

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
I know it's still a good bit off, but I'm really interested to see what MS does with BC next gen. They've already committed to the next console being compatible with everything playable on X1, but I wonder what we can expect in terms of enhancements. Obviously locked framerates and maxed out adaptive resolutions, which will already be great, but I bet we'll see more on top of that. And 360/OG games will be interesting too, since they'd be able to squeeze even more out of them than before. Maybe super-sampling from above-4K (6K? 8K?) resolutions?

I also wonder what they'll do with Master Chief Collection. Native port, or will it remain an X1 title technically, with next gen enhancements when played on next gen hardware?

arty

Nov 1, 2018
Thank you MS !
(I know I won't ever be able to finish a single ninjagaiden game but still... good to have the possibility to try at least :D )

And regarding Splinter Cell... I am so happy! :)
I played DA once (x360 version), it was ok back then (I can only remember the terrible performance).

Played Conviction on PC (single + local lan coop with my friend), then single only on the One when it became compatible. Love this one, despite it is barely SC. Really hope I can play the console exclusive splitscreen(!!!) coop with my son one day...

Blacklist - bought/played on PC, I think this is a real splintercell masterpiece (could have been a bit darker, yes!).
I bought a copy on xboxlive recently, as a small tip/'thanks'. I really plan a second playthrough.

Springy

Oct 28, 2017
I never played any of the KOTOR games. I it worth playing if I don't have rose colored glasses for it? Also I'm seeing that the second one might be better? Do I skip straight there?
Don't skip Kotor 1, especially on console. It's the more complete game; 2 was rushed and released in an unfinished state. On PC, a team spent almost a decade restoring content with an exhaustive mod, but on Xbox you are unfortunately not able to take advantage of that and get the original, imperfect (yet still very compelling) release.

In short, play them both. They're both fantastic RPGs.

Cohesivestraw

Oct 29, 2017
Don't skip Kotor 1, especially on console. It's the more complete game; 2 was rushed and released in an unfinished state. On PC, a team spent almost a decade restoring content with an exhaustive mod, but on Xbox you are unfortunately not able to take advantage of that and get the original, imperfect (yet still very compelling) release.

In short, play them both. They're both fantastic RPGs.
Thanks for the response! I'll take your advice. I realized the first one is on game pass so it's kind of a no brainier now.

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck i cant wait to replay Conviction...and really the 360 series in general, tho never played Blacklist.
While i never liked that they took away Sam's ability to just knock dudes out, its still the closet thing we ever got to a Bourne-type game.... and yes, it's easily superior to the actual Bourne game, lol

Dragon's Game

Alt account
Banned
Apr 1, 2019
I know I been complaining alot about Max Payne 3 on this thread. I guess im trying to figure out what the reason is

I guess I'll ask your guys opinion on why Rockstar has been reluctant to add Max Payne 3 to BC when they add virtually all their other games on it

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know I been complaining alot about Max Payne 3 on this thread. I guess im trying to figure out what the reason is

I guess I'll ask your guys opinion on why Rockstar has been reluctant to add Max Payne 3 to BC when they add virtually all their other games on it
You're assuming too much. How do you know Rockstar is reluctant to add Max Payne 3 to BC? We have no idea why Max Payne hasn't become BC and it could be for any number of reasons including the BC team just hasn't gotten to it yet.

Buff Beefbroth

Chicken Chaser
Apr 12, 2018

They're either remastering it, remaking it, there's technical issues causing delay, or they're not interested.

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017

considering their track record I would say they are definitely interested in BC. Unless we get a surprise port like LA Noire, I would say just be patient - it is probably in the works.

Bizzquik

Chicken Chaser
Nov 5, 2017
I think the 'cool' thing to say is that KotOR 2 is better than 1.

KotOR 1 has a more traditional Star Wars story. Its purposely trying to evoke the mood of the original trilogy. And I think it does so masterfully. It has amazing companion characters. There are constant decisions to be made and quests to complete. And a narrative you'll want to see to completion. Its too simple with most story-beats, though: light or darkside.

KotOR 2 requires knowledge of the first game to get the most out of it. Its subversive in the way that 'The Last Jedi' failed to be (Polygon article). That's actually one of the reasons I didn't get into it; I'm here for Star Wars - thanks. At least there's some gray to its decisions; an Obsidian staple.

Is the series worth playing in 2019? I would say it took me two hours in 2003 to say that I could enjoy the combat of KotOR 1. And from that point on, it became one of my favorite games of all time. By today's standards, you could start a YouTube let's play, jump 20 minutes in, then see what you think of the combat to see if you're willing to give KotOR 1 a chance. The combat would have to be the only thing capable of holding someone back. Its (almost?) fully-voiced, has a (simple) journal, interesting characters -- its vintage BioWare.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's my first time playing Splinter Cell: Double Agent, and holy shit does it look great:

40667406703_563dea1991_o.png

40667408243_177786bd99_o.png

Unbelievable that this is a 13 year old Xbox 360 game. I can't wait to jump into Conviction & Blacklist. I've never played any of these games before.

monsterboysp

Oct 30, 2017
I haven't played a Splinter Cell since the OG, but thanks to GWG I have Conviction & Blacklist ready to go. Which is the bestest to jump into?

Oct 28, 2017
Australia
I haven't played a Splinter Cell since the OG, but thanks to GWG I have Conviction & Blacklist ready to go. Which is the bestest to jump into?

Blacklist is the better game, I think. At least in terms of variety of gameplay options and level design. I kind of fell off it because it's just moron-level Tom Clancy stuff about an American guy going into other countries and fucking shit up just because he can, while I really liked Conviction I think in part because it's other Americans you're dealing with and the hoo-rah jingoism is kept to a minimum. However both have some pretty disgusting torture sequences in, so, there's that. Worth having a look at the extra levels in Conviction too, I forget what they're called, but they're challenges where you have to kill everyone or get from one side of the map to the other without being noticed. Lots of fun.