• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
I hope they aren't done enhancing games at least. I don't need anymore new games if they occasionally enhance some that need it like Lost Odyssey because its unplayably ugly.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
Is there anyone that can point me to a list of all of the games only available on disc? I want to get that collection complete before this program resumes next-gen. I have most of what I want, but I was looking at Overlord the other day and that is not available digitally anymore and the OP doesn't say it's been delisted. Found the disc luckily but just wondering if there are any more not being shown in the OP.

Batman: Arkham Origins WB Games Disc Only August 8, 2017
Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut Square Enix Disc Only May 10, 2016
Doom 3: BFG Edition Bethesda Softworks Disc Only April 14, 2016
Driver: San Francisco Ubisoft Disc Only January 16, 2018 Available on disc only, but existing digital owners can download it.
Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy LucasArts Disc Only October 23, 2018
Lost Planet Capcom Disc Only February 21, 2019
Pure Disney Interactive Studios Disc Only November 22, 2016

Just sort by format.

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone have issues with BC purchases not appearing in the last 24 hours? I bought Black (an OG BC game) last night and it still isn't showing in my ready to install list. Wondering if there's a known issue or I just need to contact support

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone have issues with BC purchases not appearing in the last 24 hours? I bought Black (an OG BC game) last night and it still isn't showing in my ready to install list. Wondering if there's a known issue or I just need to contact support
After I purchase a BC game, I usually have to press Y and search for it and then press install to make sure it shows up.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Is there anyone that can point me to a list of all of the games only available on disc? I want to get that collection complete before this program resumes next-gen. I have most of what I want, but I was looking at Overlord the other day and that is not available digitally anymore and the OP doesn't say it's been delisted. Found the disc luckily but just wondering if there are any more not being shown in the OP.
Batman: Arkham Origins WB Games Disc Only August 8, 2017
Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut Square Enix Disc Only May 10, 2016
Doom 3: BFG Edition Bethesda Softworks Disc Only April 14, 2016
Driver: San Francisco Ubisoft Disc Only January 16, 2018 Available on disc only, but existing digital owners can download it.
Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy LucasArts Disc Only October 23, 2018
Lost Planet Capcom Disc Only February 21, 2019
Pure Disney Interactive Studios Disc Only November 22, 2016

Just sort by format.

Forza Horizon was delisted. I know the rally DLC can be obtained some places like gamestop as a code. Not sure about the base game.

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
After I purchase a BC game, I usually have to press Y and search for it and then press install to make sure it shows up.

Usually I just restart my Xbox and they show up. In this case I can install it from the Store but it tells me I can't play because I don't have EA access anymore (I played it on there originally last year but have long since cancelled that sub). So far no one from MS support has been able to help at all so I might just have to get a refund

SmashN'Grab

Oct 27, 2017
I've just bought the Splinter Cell games on my 360, but for some reason they're identified in my download list as Xbox 360 titles and not Xbox Originals. When I download them they are unplayable "corrupted" software on the 360 console. They work fine on my Xbox One, but I want to get them working on both.

They are for sale on the 360 dashboard, which is where I bought them. I haven't had this issue with other recent Xbox Originals purchases (e.g. Panzer Dragoon, Ninja Gaiden Black, KOTOR etc. which I also bought on my 360 but have installed on both machines). What is the reason for this? I know they're newly listed but that's not a reason, as for some reason Jade Empire is also showing up as a 360 game instead of an Xbox Original on the 360 dashboard store.

If anyone has access to their 360 please take a look? The four titles affected for me are Splinter Cell, Pandora Tomorrow, Double Agent (OG) and Jade Empire. They're even listed as 360 games instead of Xbox Originals in the store (not the artwork, but the descriptor underneath - which I'll confess I didn't notice - but then again, why would I even look at that?)...

Makes no sense...

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
Forza Horizon was delisted. I know the rally DLC can be obtained some places like gamestop as a code. Not sure about the base game.
Shame too as it looks absolutely stunning for a 360 game. I broke down and bought one of those ghetto copies with a Gamestop case :|

The game is actually more fun than Horizon 4 to me, but I like working my way up from ricer to Lambos. Actual progression, it's nice!

Oct 27, 2017
Had to hop on my 360 for the first time in ages, and totally forgot about one of my favs.

While I loved that 2 unreals made it with this last update (though I have a soft spot for unreal championship), I'm kinda shocked that Quake Arena Arcade didn't make the cut. There isn't a weird copyright issue with that one, right?

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Shame too as it looks absolutely stunning for a 360 game. I broke down and bought one of those ghetto copies with a Gamestop case :|

The game is actually more fun than Horizon 4 to me, but I like working my way up from ricer to Lambos. Actual progression, it's nice!

Yes! It does characters, even though here they're still low key, progression, tracks, and everything probably the best in the series.

I love the freedom in Forza Horizon 2 and beyond, but man it does really feel like we lost some great curated tracks in Forza Horizon 1. It's insanely good. Every race is a blast, and the progression is ungh, so perfectly paced. And they like give each bit like a little arc against some asshole you get to beat. I freaking love it. One of my favorite games of all time. The rest lack the soul it had. Makes me really sad.

Also idk if I'm crazy but I've gone back and forth between FH1 and 2 on 360 and idk it feels a bit better to me to control? Idk.

Try out the rally expansion if you haven't. It's a lot of fun. Tight, quaint little expansion that takes the tracks and makes them a bit more crazy and perilous. Just a tinge. It's great.

arty

Nov 1, 2018
The later. Strangely enough, it seems most Xbox games with wide-screen support were made with 16:10 in mind, because like you describe many games like Panzer Dragoon Orta, Unreal Championship 2 are also 16:10. I suppose it has to do with PC monitors of the time supporting 16:10 instead of 16:9, which was adopted much later.

This also happens with wide-screen GC games like F-Zero GX.
I don't think this was because of 16:10 monitors which weren't a thing when xbox original released... (I think even 5:4 wasn't a thing back in 2001, especially not with component inputs for any console of the time)

it should be related to analogue/widescreen 480p which might be 840x480 or 848x480 on the xbox and devs expected overscan to kick in (just a guess)

---

by the way I feel so sad that this program has ended... and I really mean it, I feel somewhat 'hopeless' now. (maybe not exactly that but my english isn't good enough to express it)

it was so great to wait for next week's titles... thursday's perhaps... or the next month's with the 360-gold-game... expecting huge surprises, or smaller ones, when a game I had or wanted (to buy or just to replay) MIGHT eventually be playable on the One... I REALLY hoped for Street Fighter 3, Soul Calibur 4-5, some Mortal Kombats (all?), Sacred2, Quake2 (was 1080pon the 360!), Army of two 2-3 (we have only the 1st, how weird!), Mercenaries 2, Dead or Alive 4, Conan, Darkstalkers... (not talking about my wildest dreams about FM4 or PGR4 or other licensing hell!!!)

I really did expect these, they had high chance in my mind. And now it is over, no chance anymore.
What I have on the 360 will remain there, forever. And when I can't get a working 360 anymore, they will be gone, forever.

(yes, I know emulation might resolve all these issues we have or we WILL have but I really hoped for an official solution)

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think this was because of 16:10 monitors which weren't a thing when xbox original released... (I think even 5:4 wasn't a thing back in 2001, especially not with component inputs for any console of the time)

it should be related to analogue/widescreen 480p which might be 840x480 or 848x480 on the xbox and devs expected overscan to kick in (just a guess)

---

by the way I feel so sad that this program has ended... and I really mean it, I feel somewhat 'hopeless' now. (maybe not exactly that but my english isn't good enough to express it)

it was so great to wait for next week's titles... thursday's perhaps... or the next month's with the 360-gold-game... expecting huge surprises, or smaller ones, when a game I had or wanted (to buy or just to replay) MIGHT eventually be playable on the One... I REALLY hoped for Street Fighter 3, Soul Calibur 4-5, some Mortal Kombats (all?), Sacred2, Quake2 (was 1080pon the 360!), Army of two 2-3 (we have only the 1st, how weird!), Mercenaries 2, Dead or Alive 4, Conan, Darkstalkers... (not talking about my wildest dreams about FM4 or PGR4 or other licensing hell!!!)

I really did expect these, they had high chance in my mind. And now it is over, no chance anymore.
What I have on the 360 will remain there, forever. And when I can't get a working 360 anymore, they will be gone, forever.

(yes, I know emulation might resolve all these issues we have or we WILL have but I really hoped for an official solution)

Well, I expect it to continue after all the bits with Anaconda BC are ironed out.

I'd like for MS to add an experimental 4k Mode to all games, with a warning "this title hasn't been tested" or something like that.

Oct 25, 2017
China
Well, I expect it to continue after all the bits with Anaconda BC are ironed out.

I'd like for MS to add an experimental 4k Mode to all games, with a warning "this title hasn't been tested" or something like that.
We might be able to handle some bugs, but the masses won't. For example, what if the bug fucks with your save file that you have in the cloud?

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Was looking at picking up a 360, do we know what titles are NOT still added yet.

Off the top of my head

James Camerons Avatar
Import Tuner Challenge
Both Test Drives unlimited
Bunch of need for speeds
Nier

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
I've tried tweeting Ninja Theory about Enslaved being made available digital in Europe again, but have not seen a response yet :/ Region changing didn't work. They even made Crackdown available for the first time in Germany last year so I thought they'd have put in the effort with Enslaved, too.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Was looking at picking up a 360, do we know what titles are NOT still added yet.

Off the top of my head

James Camerons Avatar
Import Tuner Challenge
Both Test Drives unlimited
Bunch of need for speeds
Nier

edit: misread your post. edited my post. There's quite a few that are left. Mainly licensing issues likely. There are still some that definitely could have been released but for whatever reason the publishers/developers/BC team couldn't make it work. Can't point fingers at any of them though.

James Camerons Avatar: Likely not happening due to licensing(if they make a new game alongside the movie next gen, maybe they would make it BC and a pre-order bonus or something)
Import Tuner Challenge: Likely not happening due to licensing
Both Test Drives unlimited: Likely not happening due to licensing
Bunch of need for speeds: Likely not happening due to licensing
Nier:Could have happened if the associated parties allowed it and the BC team managed to make it work. For whatever reason, that didn't happen. I do believe that it could still happen one day in the future if MS starts doing 360 BC again next gen.

Last edited:

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
God, I wish man. I want a new Tokyo Xtreme Racer more than I want any other car game.

yes, thats why im picking up a 360......import tuner challenge was basically a direct sequel

figuring out which games to pick up with the 360.....so going through the list......holy crap there is a still a shit ton. All the dynasty warriors, ton of good FPS games, need for speeds including the only hd version of most wanted

Shortt Sirket

Oct 26, 2017
Indianapolis, IN
yes, thats why im picking up a 360......import tuner challenge was basically a direct sequel

figuring out which games to pick up with the 360.....so going through the list......holy crap there is a still a shit ton. All the dynasty warriors, ton of good FPS games, need for speeds including the only hd version of most wanted

Dude, I even had the shitty PSP version. I fuckin loved those games. They are still the only racing games I have played that capture the feeling of a high speed freeway chase. The second(?) game even had that awesome mini-doc about the racing culture in Japan.

SmashN'Grab

Oct 27, 2017
How much are they on 360 ?
Though I already own them all in box, I'm interested in purchasing them digitally, but only with an important rebate.
And, tbh... I'm too lazy to unpack and plug my 360 only to check the price...
Sorry, what I meant was that the games are available for sale on the 360 console's dashboard, not that they are 'on sale'.

I just find it ludicrous that you can buy a game on your Xbox 360 and then when you download it find that it doesn't work on that console. The titles in question appear to be compatible with Xbox One only, and incompatible with the Xbox 360. Which is absolutely the first time I've heard of this.

Can anyone else point out any Original Xbox games that are compatible with the Xbox One but not compatible with the Xbox 360? I'm just confused as to why they are for sale on the 360 if they don't work on it. I'd have thought they'd only show up on the Store app on the Xbox One if that was the case.

kc44135

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I think the biggest gaps in the library for me would be the Max Payne games, Prince of Persia: WW and TT for OG Xbox, and Nier 1. Would have loved to have all of those added. Such a shame that they ended the BC program. I really hope it will continue in the future with Scarlett, with both "X" enhancements and new games being added (both features were phenomenal).

SkyMasterson

Oct 28, 2017
I think the biggest gaps in the library for me would be the Max Payne games, Prince of Persia: WW and TT for OG Xbox, and Nier 1. Would have loved to have all of those added. Such a shame that they ended the BC program. I really hope it will continue in the future with Scarlett, with both "X" enhancements and new games being added (both features were phenomenal).
Yea, I really wanted the Max Payne games bc. The og Xbox games would have benefited greatly with an enhancement :(

Surprised Nier wasn't made bc either since they put forth the effort to get the sequel onto Xbox One.

Overall though, super happy with what the program brought us. Like you said, hopefully when Next gen starts, maybe they'll come back to it. I bet they will.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Dude, I even had the shitty PSP version. I fuckin loved those games. They are still the only racing games I have played that capture the feeling of a high speed freeway chase. The second(?) game even had that awesome mini-doc about the racing culture in Japan.

Save me bro

I just dropped $300 on a 360 and like 25 games.

I literally went down the list and my mind is blown still on how many backwards games That will probably never be added to the list actually. Need for speed underground 2 and need for speed most wanted will probably never get added due to licensing for the music alone. Plus underground two had the most aftermarket licensing for parts I had ever seen for a game.

Cannot wait to ride around in Underground 2 blasting unwritten law and rise against 😂

I should probably take this discussion to the 360 thread or make a RTTP thread when I get my 360.

I never got to play import tuner challenge so I'm excited to see how it turned out

SmashN'Grab

Oct 27, 2017
Can you try launching them another time? You might need to download them again.
I actually have done that, but it still didn't work.

The key thing is: the games I've mentioned (Splinter Cell series, etc.) are actually listed as Xbox 360 games and not Xbox Originals on the store.

You know when, on the Xbox 360 store, you go to an individual game's page... there's a small amount of descriptor text right next to the picture of the games cover artwork... well I've noticed that certain titles (such as Morrowind, KOTOR, etc.) actually say 'Xbox Original' in their descriptors but other titles (such as Splinter Cell, Jade Empire, etc.) actually say 'Xbox 360 game'... I've noticed that all of the titles marked 'Xbox Original' work on my 360 while all the titles marked 'Xbox 360 game' don't... like I say, very strange.

It almost feels like these 'Xbox 360 games' have been recently reuploaded and are in a different, incompatible wrapper or something. Hopefully it'll get fixed, as I still use my 360 in addition to my Xbox One.

SmashN'Grab

Oct 27, 2017
Can you try launching them another time? You might need to download them again.
Apologies for the double post, but I now see that the titles have been updated to become 'Xbox Originals'. I take it that you are from Microsoft? Thanks for the help!

I'll redownload and try them after work this evening and let you know.

One other question I have is: I first bought Chaos Theory years ago and, while I still have it in my download list in case I ever need to redownload it, the store page for it on the 360 dashboard lists it as 'for sale' to me, rather than 'owned' like the other Splinter Cell games (as I only bought them last week). Is this because Chaos Theory was taken down and then relisted? I wonder what would happen if I mistakenly bought a game I already own digitally in that case? How do you avoid having customers make a mistake such as that? Is there a way of 'plumbing' the system so that you can do a licence check between different versions of the same game to make such a situation impossible? Thanks!

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
GTA IV got an update, I noticed nothing new (no stealth X enhancement).

So they're still updating the emulator on existing titles.

arty

Nov 1, 2018
Bunch of need for speeds: Likely not happening due to licensing
"all" those needforspeeds are still available for sale on the x360 (bought carbon 1-2 months ago!)... so what licensing issue can they have?

if Midnight Club 3 could get bw compatibility then any racing game could (and should) get in my opinion... also forza horizon 1... etc ;)

no, this is just EA, who have army of two 1 in the program but not 2 and 3 :(

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
"all" those needforspeeds are still available for sale on the x360 (bought carbon 1-2 months ago!)... so what licensing issue can they have?

if Midnight Club 3 could get bw compatibility then any racing game could (and should) get in my opinion... also forza horizon 1... etc ;)

I stand corrected! Even there Porsche DLC looks like it's still there! I had figured some cars and music tracks would have been hard to keep the licenses for but I was definitely wrong.

silentrob32

Nov 1, 2017
Hey guys, hope someone can help. I have the disk version of Saints Row the Third, the Full Package and can't get the dlc to work. It all shows up in installed but the game doesn't register it. I used the dlc disk to install the game (like Fallout 3 GOTY) and am using that disk to boot the game. I read there were some issues back on the 360 with this version of the game and it was a bit of a convoluted work round to get the DLC to appear, but I figured they must have sorted this for the BC version. Any ideas appreciated!

dm101

Nov 13, 2018
So I've started playing skyrim on the xbox one x and wow is it gorgeous. I platinumed it on the pro, but wow, the visuals on the x are stunning.

Parham

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Is King Kong disc only? I can't find any way to buy it digitally and the Wikipedia page doesn't have any details.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I wouldn't necessarily blame EA who appears to be one of the few publishers that had it's licenses in order which let them allow games like Skate, Skate 3, Fight Night Champion, and even OG Xbox SSX 3 to become BC. It's far more likely that that issue was techinical or the BC team simply didn't get around to it.
Is King Kong disc only? I can't find any way to buy it digitally and the Wikipedia page doesn't have any details.
Yes, it's disc only.

speedomodel

Oct 27, 2017
Been playing a few games on 360 that never came to Xbox One and man, playing on the old 360 controller is weird haha.

Excited to boot up Syndicate and see how it looks on my X and 4K TV. Game seems to have aged nicely.

SpotAnime

Dec 11, 2017
So many gaps in BC, I really love what the team did but I can't but be selfishly disappointed some of my favorite niche games will never be added in the future.

Like Sudeki, how the heck can a first party title not get BC?

Seems Enchanted Arms is now available to buy digitally. You can buy it here.

That's great. Unfortunately it's not the best version, as the PS3 release included multiple improvements to the game. It's the reason why I sold my launch copy (with the slip and graphic novel ugh) a few years ago.

I'd love to play this on the Xbox One, just not this version.

EDIT: Actually in hindsight it might be a wash. PS3 had extra Golems and sixaxis support but Xbox 360 version had different Golems (Metal Wolf Chaos!) and better performance, which should only be further improved by the BC tech.

Last edited:

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Still absolutely loving the 2011 Aliens vs Predator. I had skipped this at the time (and been a fan of the original PC game), and the three-campaign split is still an awesome way to have more game without bogging down any one of the factions. I did a second-hand shop trip last week and found Ninja Gaiden 3 Razors Edge, Infinite Undiscovery, and Enchanted Arms, so I've got more follow-ups than I can keep pace with.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's great. Unfortunately it's not the best version, as the PS3 release included multiple improvements to the game. It's the reason why I sold my launch copy (with the slip and graphic novel ugh) a few years ago.

I'd love to play this on the Xbox One, just not this version.
According to Eurogamer, despite some newer additions to the PS3 version, the Xbox 360 version is the way to go.

The core adventure remains the same on the PlayStation 3, with a few notable changes. In the plus column we have an additional 30 golems (creatures you can add to your party that have individual special abilities) along with a crazy Sixaxis implementation that sees you shaking the controller to increase the potency of key special attacks, in addition to snaffling bonus EX attack points. Sixaxis also plays a role in Enchanted Arms' mini-games too, so for example, main character Atsuma is able to scoff down pizza as fast as you can by vigorously wobbling the controller. It's all very odd and call me a gaming Luddite, but I think I'll be sticking with pressing buttons to achieve the same effect.

Unfortunately, the PS3 version of Enchanted Arms has a number of significant subtractions when put head-to-head against the Xbox 360 version. The most apparent of all is the lack of online gameplay - this was a relatively minor part of the original version (essentially the facility to take your party online and battle against other Enchanted Arms ensembles) but it's still good fun and missed from the new version. Also clearly evident is a lower frame rate on PS3, fewer visual effects and a distinct paring down of detail - both in graphical effects and geometry. An additional grain effect included in the PS3 version can't disguise the graphical shortcomings. In many areas, the game simply doesn't look as though it's running in HD - to the point where Enchanted Arms compares unfavourably with many PS2 games of a similar ilk.

It's difficult to recommend Enchanted Arms on PS3. While it was somewhat unique on the Xbox 360, in theory backwards compatibility opens up a colossal range of brilliant Japanese adventures from the PS2 library for owners of the new Sony console. Just about any Square-Enix offering looks better than this (even running under emulation) and offers a more substantial experience than this game.

DarkCloud12X

Oct 27, 2017
Plus the 360 version is the only version to have Raikoh from Otogi as an unlockable monster. That's a pretty big loss for me.

Sid

Banned
Mar 28, 2018
So will they never add more 360 games even for Scarlet or will they never add more 360 games specifically for Xbox One?