• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DarkCloud12X

Oct 27, 2017
The Kameo lens flare glitch seems to have been fixed in the newest update. Played through the tutorial castle and it's no longer in your face all the time.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
I'm guessing emulator got updated with Scarlett stuff. Looks like BC team is on a roll.
I would definitely not guess that. These sort of large scale updates happen multiple times a year and are typically of little significance. They're just updating everything on older emulator versions to newer builds, many of which have been in use in other titles for months (looks like a lot of the new update batch is using a January build).

At most, expect minor bug fixes and small performance improvements.

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
Not tried them yet, but how Mass Effect these days? I heard the first one was really rough when it got put out on BC.

Deleted member 7130

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Replaying Portal 2. I forgot how difficult the second half was. I literally cannot take the time to solve the puzzles properly or else I'll risk burning in the enormous reticule on my TV. I don't think I have a choice, but to play it with a walkthrough.

Oct 31, 2017
Got Max Payne 3 not too long ago and I completely forgot how brutal and sweet the gameplay feels. Also, the dude voicing MP is a treasure.

Not BC yet but it'll be :P

Deleted member 7130

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So i just had over 20 backwards compatible games update randomly? Any reason
When the emulator gets an update, it seems every game has to update individually. I guess they're like self contained or something. This can have improvements in some games. Like Psychonauts having more stable frame rate, and sometimes there have been additions like KotOR getting DLC.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
As long as they 4K-ify the following in the next half a decade, it's all good:

1. Prince of Persia (2008)
2. Remember Me
3. Enslaved Odyssey
4. Mass Effect trilogy
5. Lost Odyssey
6. Metal Gear Solid Revengeance
7. Bayonetta

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You're right but part of me wonders why they said the BC program had ended and not "We're taking a year break to get scarlett working and then we'll be back".
Because it's no guarantee they're going to go back to doing it so why committ to it in words when they're unsure until after they complete their work on Scarlet.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
How are the 3 running on the X by the way? Same original (720p) resolution but with lesser dips in the framerate?

Would you recommend a trilogy run on the X?

(I must confess that I ... played over 150 hours of Andromeda)
Yeah, the original resolution with all the improvements you would expect from X BC. Mass Effect 1 in particular shows the biggest improvement with a consistent framerate, reduction in pop-in, V-sync, and faster loading. ME2 and ME3 were always pretty solid on the 360, but playing on the XB1 removes disk swapping, which is a nice bonus.

VG Tech did a video on ME1 running on X when the system first came out. Since then, the game has had a few emulation updates (one not too long ago), but you can already see what an improvement it is over the original release.

Tupper

Jul 15, 2019
How are the 3 running on the X by the way? Same original (720p) resolution but with lesser dips in the framerate?

Would you recommend a trilogy run on the X?

(I must confess that I ... played over 150 hours of Andromeda)

So I just finished 2 & 3 on the X and they play great. You're correct same resolution but consistent frame rate. I'm now playing 1 right now and that is mostly stable but frame rate can tank when there are lots of mobs. Overall better than the 360. (Loading times are better for all three).

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica
Yeah, the original resolution with all the improvements you would expect from X BC. Mass Effect 1 in particular shows the biggest improvement with a consistent framerate, reduction in pop-in, V-sync, and faster loading. ME2 and ME3 were always pretty solid on the 360, but playing on the XB1 removes disk swapping, which is a nice bonus.

VG Tech did a video on ME1 running on X when the system first came out. Since then, the game has had a few emulation updates (one not too long ago), but you can already see what an improvement it is over the original release.

So I just finished 2 & 3 on the X and they play great. You're correct same resolution but consistent frame rate. I'm now playing 1 right now and that is mostly stable but frame rate can tank when there are lots of mobs. Overall better than the 360. (Loading times are better for all three).

Thank you both!

The last time I played the original 3 was in 2008, 2010 and 2012, so I want to play them again. I could do it on the PC (I have the first 2 on Steam) but I really want to play them on the couch + the X + OLED.

My only concern is the risk of EA announcing a remastered trilogy 2 months after I start playing them again...

Can I purchase all 3 on the Xbox store or must I buy the physical Xbox 360 discs?

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Can I purchase all 3 on the Xbox store or must I buy the physical Xbox 360 discs?
They were disc only at first (2 and 3 were that is) and for a while they were only playable without having discs if you were an EA pass (or whatever it's called) subscriber. You can purchase them digitally from the Xbox Store now. I'd wait for a sale, though.

Deleted member 7130

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
X1X is definitely more stable and higher, but I can't believe the game still dips. Boy did that game run like ass. lol

Oct 27, 2017
The Tomb Raider games just updated for me, and I'm happy to see that Anniversary finally has it's texture filtering fixed.

Sadly Crazy Taxi still isn't using 16X AF. I think the game might force bilinear filtering, and that might be the problem. No idea why they used such poor filtering on that game.

Last edited:

ResidentDante

Nov 2, 2017
Oslo, Norway
The Tomb Raider games just updated for me, and I'm happy to see that Anniversary finally has it's texture filtering fixed.

Sadly Crazy Taxi still isn't using 16X AF. I think the game might force bilinear filtering, and that might be the problem. No idea why they used such poor filtering on that game.
Thanks for the info! Nice to see TRA get 16xAF.

I agree that the filtering in Crazy Taxi is horrendous. Is it what originally was in the game in arcades/DC?

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
JSRF runs like ass on 360. MVG only showed the title screen
Yea, the game is atrociously on 360. I wanted to play it on my 360 because I used to have a CRT that I hooked it up to for my arcadey feeling games and I thought JSRF would benefit from it immensely. It looked great but the lag was unbearable once I got to the second chapter