• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kage Maru

Oct 27, 2017
We haven't gotten a game like PGR this gen, so it would be amazing if they announced that as an enhanced 360 game.

Also hope we see some currently supported games enhanced, like Lost Odyssey, blue dragon, ME trilogy, Kameo, Tom Clancy titles, and the Crysis trilogy.

1vs100 upscaled to 4k is really going to be something else

It wasn't perfect but that was a fun game to play with friends and just hand out. They should make a second attempt at it but just record thousands of lines for the host instead of having someone do it live. Would be perfect for GP.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
No new games for today. This is the second (consecutive) week of the year where there are no new games announced.

See you all Tuesday at 5pm ET! I'm looking forward to what we'll be getting then.

Oct 27, 2017
Agreed. Not expecting many more of these, and I imagine they are difficult for reasons both of emulation and (moreso) of licensing. Maybe it'll get to 75-100 OG Xbox games playable via backward compatibility eventually?

That said, like I mentioned in the IX April thread, I'm continuing to stan for Timesplitters 2 & 3 being added to the OG Xbox backward compatible list. Would instantly buy both of those digitally—it'd be so great to have them playable on a modern console. (I had the Gamecube versions back in the day and lost my save files multiple times...) But I know it's a niche (though cult) title, so it might not happen. Still, now that it's owned by THQ Nordic, maybe it's possible...?

It sure is awesome having SSX 3 playable on XB1, though.

Man I didn't even know Timesplitters was on non-Gamecube platforms, those are great picks.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
Tuesday any one of these would be great:

Blur
Retro City Rampage: DX
Fez
Costume Quest
Trials Evolution
Worms 2: Armageddon

Feb 27, 2019
No new games for today. This is the second (consecutive) week of the year where there are no new games announced.

See you all Tuesday at 5pm ET! I'm looking forward to what we'll be getting then.

Hopefully some good stuff—they've been hyping it, but keeping expectations low.

Tuesday any one of these would be great:

Blur
Retro City Rampage: DX
Fez
Costume Quest
Trials Evolution
Worms 2: Armageddon

Blur, Fez, and Costume Quest would be amazing on the 360 side.

Oct 27, 2017
Wowzers. Thanks to PlayStation Now, I've been reminded of another little gem that I had forgotten about - WET. Does anyone remember this? It's a console exclusive so isn't on PC. MS need to add it to BC.

I definitely remember this and quite fondly at that. I greatly enjoyed it and its sense of style. Terrific use of music too. A tad bit clunky but a great blast nonetheless. A real breath of fresh air among TPS these days now that games of this kind are the way of the dodo.

It's certainly among my top 15 most wished for backwards compatible games, and maybe even my top 10.

Naner

Oct 27, 2017
Watching the Masters right now makes me wish the old Tiger Woods games with Augusta were on BC. I'm sure its a rights thing with the Courses/Equipment/Players, but since EA has done nothing close to what those games were it would be nice to go back and have some fun playing Augusta again!
Is Rory McIlroy PGA Tour much worse? I played that a couple of years ago and it was decent fun.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I definitely remember this and quite fondly at that. I greatly enjoyed it and its sense of style. Terrific use of music too. A tad bit clunky but a great blast nonetheless. A real breath of fresh air among TPS these days now that games of this kind are the way of the dodo.

It's certainly among my top 15 most wished for backwards compatible games, and maybe even my top 10.
I haven't played Wet myself, but now I"m interested in it. I have PSNow so I should check it out. It reminds me aesthetically of one of my saddest cancellations, Faith and a .45.

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't played Wet myself, but now I"m interested in it. I have PSNow so I should check it out. It reminds me aesthetically of one of my saddest cancellations, Faith and a .45.

I definitely recall this gameplay, but for the longest time I would mistake it for Whore of the Orient, another cancelled game with a unique name.

You should definitely try Wet whenever it eventually is playable! There's definitely some good fun to be had. Some might find a bit of a problem with sections that involve an obstacle course which you're tasked to run through by stringing together various platforming maneuvers and third person parkour while shooting a minimum score of targets. I personally thought those were some of the best moments and since they only appear when you're introduced to a new weapon, they're infrequent enough to not get in the way too much.

Coconico

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Its problems are glaring, but I still kinda enjoyed it as an Aliens fan. I still have my CE copy ready and waiting for Xbox to do their thing : )

About a year after it came out, I bought a CE on clearance from GameStop for like $20 just for the statue, which I still have on display. It's pretty nice. But the level of excitement I had for the game followed by the severe disappointment with it at launch was enough to make me put video games down for a good month. Bioshock Infinite ended up calling me back, but yeah--Colonial Marines and I don't have a good relationship lol

TRU

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Is Rory McIlroy PGA Tour much worse? I played that a couple of years ago and it was decent fun.

Rory PGA had little content, only 16 courses vs Tiger 12 had 36 courses in it and Tiger 13 had 35! And Rory is missing the Masters course which is a pretty big deal imo.

The season mode for the Tiger games was pretty fun, as it seemed like you were on a real tour with so many courses to play. Also the Tiger games ruled when it came to equipment options, etc.

tenacioushe

May 17, 2018
Highly unlikely games i'd like to see list:

Skate 2
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2x / 3 / 4 / Underground / Underground 2 / American Wasteland / Project 8
Blur
PGR4
Burnout 3
Need For Speed Most Wanted (both) / Hot Pursuit / Underground 2
50 Cent: Blood on the Sand
Virtua Tennis 3
Would be nice to see some Guitar Hero games although INCREDIBLY unlikely (the Rock Band legacy connector can be used to hook up 360 Guitar Hero guitars to Xbox One)
Rock Band Blitz

OP
OP
MauroNL

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
360 sale is up for the Spring Sale. Lots of games that have never had a sale before or at least in a long while so these are good BC candidates. (especially some of the Namco stuff!)

Xbox 360:

Abyss Odyssey - $5.99
Age of Booty - $1.24
Anarchy Reigns - $9.99
Armored Core V Verdict Day - $4.99
Assassins Creed - $7.99
Assassins Creed III - $9.99
Assassins Creed Liberation HD - $7.99
Assassins Creed IV - $7.99
Assassins Creed Rogue - $9.89
Asura's Wrath - $4.99
Battlefield 3 - $4.99
Beautiful Katamari - $4.99
Beyond Good & Evil HD - $3.29
Binary Domain - $9.99
Bioshock - $7.99
Bioshock 2 - $7.99
Bioshock Infinite - $8.99
Bionic Commando Re-Armed - $2.49
Bionic Commando Re-Armed 2 - $5.99
Blue Dragon - $4.99
Borderlands - $7.99
Borderlands 2 - $7.99
Borderlands The Pre-Sequel - $11.99
Brothers in Arms Hell's Highway - $9.99
Brothers - $2.99
Bully - $5.99
Bureau XCOM - $2.99
Burnout Revenge - $6.99
COD World at War - $9.99
COD Modern Warfare - $14.99
COD Modern Warfare 2 - $14.99
COD Modern Warfare 3 - $14.99
COD Black Ops - $14.99
COD Black Ops II - $16.49
COD Black Ops III - $16.49
Call of Juarez The Cartel - $7.49
Call of Juarez Gunslinger - $5.24
Castlevania HD - $3.74
Castlevania Symphony of the Night - $4.99
Castlevania Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate HD - $3.74
Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 - $9.99
Command & Conquer 3 - $4.94
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 - $4.94
Command & Conquer 3 Kane's Wrath - $4.94
Civilization Revolution - $7.49
Crysis - $6.59
Crysis 2 - $6.59
Crysis 3 - $6.59
Dark Souls II - $4.99
Dark Void - $3.74
The Darkness - $3.99
The Darkness II - $5.99
Darksiders II - $2.99
Darkstalkers Resurrection - $2.99
Dead Rising - $5.99
Dead Rising 2 - $5.99
Dead Rising 2 Off The Record - $5.99
Deadfall Adventures - $5.99
Destroy all Humans (OG Xbox) - $2.99
Deus Ex Human Revolution - $2.24
Devil May Cry HD Collection - $4.99
DmC - $5.99
Dragon Age Origins - $3.74
Dragon Age 2 - $7.99
Dragon Ball Xenoverse - $9.99
Dragon Ball Z Battle of Z - $7.49
Dragon Ball Z Budokai HD Collection - $7.49
Duke Nukem Forever - $3.99
DuckTales Remastered - $3.74
Dungeons & Dragons Chronicles of Mystara - $4.49
Dungeon Siege III - $2.99
Dustforce - $2.99
Enslaved - $3.74
Eternal Sonata - $3.74
Fallout 3 - $7.49
Fallout New Vegas - $7.49
Far Cry Classic - $3.99
Far Cry 2 - $6.59
Far Cry 3 - $7.99
Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - $4.49
Far Cry 4 - $11.99
Farming Simulator 15 - $4.99
FIFA 19 Legacy Edition - $17.99
Fight Night Champion - $9.99
Final Exam - $1.99
Final Fight Double Impact - $2.49
Flock! - $3.74
Frontlines Fuel of War - $2.24
Frogger Hyper Arcade Edition - $4.99
Grand Theft Auto IV - $6.99
Grand Theft Auto V - $9.99
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas - $10.04
I Am Alive - $4.49
Just Cause 2 - $2.24
Kane & Lynch - $3.99
Kane & Lynch 2 - $2.99
Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning - $9.99
L.A. Noire - $8.99
Lara Croft Guardian of Light - $2.99
Lost Odyssey - $6.24
Lost Planet - $4.99
Lost Planet 2 - $4.99
Lost Planet 3 - $4.99
Mafia II - $7.49
Mass Effect - $4.99
Mass Effect 2 - $5.99
Mass Effect 3 - $5.99
Max Payne 3 - $9.99
Mega Man 9 - $2.99
Mega Man 10 - $2.99
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection - $9.99
Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker - $7.49
Metal Gear Solid V Groun Zeroes - $9.99
Metal Gear Solid V Phantom Pain - $9.99
Metal Gear Rising Revengeance - $9.99
Mini Ninjas - $2.99
Medal of Honor Airborne - $6.59
MX Unleashed (OG Xbox) - $2.24
MX vs ATV Alive - $2.99
MX vs ATV Reflex - $4.49
MX vs ATV Supercross - $4.49
MX vs ATV Untamed - $2.99
NBA Jam On Fire Edition - $4.99
Outland - $3.99
Pac-Man CE DX+ - $2.49
Pac-Man Ghostly Adventures - $4.99
Pac-Man Ghostly Adventures 2 - $4.99
Prey - $3.99
Prince of Persia - $7.99
Quantum Conundrum - $2.49
RAGE - $4.94
Rayman 3 HD - $3.99
Rayman Origins - $4.49
Rayman Legends - $6.59
Red Dead Redemption - $9.89
Red Faction Guerilla - $2.99
Red Faction Armageddon - $4.49
Remember Me - $4.99
Resident Evil - $4.99
Resident Evil 0 - $4.99
Resident Evil 4 - $4.99
Resident Evil 5 - $4.99
Resident Evil 6 - $4.99
Resident Evil Code: Veronica - $4.99
Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City - $3.99
Resident Evil Revelations - $4.99
RIDE - $5.99
Ridge Racer 6 - $2.49
Ridge Racer Unbounded - $4.99
Rise of the Tomb Raider - $7.99
Rockstar Table Tennis - $5.99
Rock of Ages - $4.99
Rotastic - $0.99
Power Rangers Super Samurai (Kinect) - $4.99
Scarygirl - $1.49
ScreamRide - $4.99
Silent Hill HD Collection - $7.49
Skate 3 - $4.99
Soul Calibur V - $3.74
Spec Ops The Line - $5.99
Splinter Cell Conviction - $9.99
Splinter Cell Double Agent - $7.99
Splinter Cell Blacklist - $7.99
Split/Second - $7.99
Street Fighter IV - $9.99
Strider - $2.99
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition - $11.99
Supreme Commander 2 - $3.74
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter - $7.99
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas - $6.59
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 - $6.59
Tekken 6 - $3.74
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - $4.99
Thief - $2.24
Tomb Raider Reboot - $2.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary - $2.99
Tomb Raider Legend - $2.99
Tomb Raider Underworld - $2.99
Trials HD - $3.99
Trials Fusion - $6.59
Valian Hearts - $5.99
Vanquish - $4.99
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - $4.94
Virtual On OT - $4.94
Watch Dogs - $5.99
Winterbottom - $1.99
XCOM Enemy Within - $7.99
Zeno Clash UE - $2.49
Zeno Clash 2 - $5.99

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
So, do I take the risk and buy Katamari?
My 360 is in storage, I could be throwing money away if it doesn't get BC.

Somebody give me a sign, or at least tell me if this version of Katamari isn't worth owning.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017

Somebody give me a sign, or at least tell me if this version of Katamari isn't worth owning.
It's not a bad version of Katamari, but it did have a lot of stuff clearly removed from the main game to be sold as DLC.

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018

Well, apparently it's pretty great if you also buy the DLC stages, and less so if you don't. I have it all, although the game only in physical form. At this price I'll probably get it digitally as well.

Dukie85

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
As much as it was (in most people's eyes, anyway)a generic shooter, I'd love to see Fuse on back compat + X enhanced. The game's just screaming for a higher resolution.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
It's not a bad version of Katamari, but it did have a lot of stuff clearly removed from the main game to be sold as DLC.
Well, apparently it's pretty great if you also buy the DLC stages, and less so if you don't. I have it all, although the game only in physical form. At this price I'll probably get it digitally as well.
Thanks guys.
It does have a lot of (cheap) DLC. Like, a LOT. How weird.
I might wait it out until Tuesday.

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
Thanks guys.
It does have a lot of (cheap) DLC. Like, a LOT. How weird.
I might wait it out until Tuesday.

By the way, those character and accessory sets are unlocks for things that you can find in the game just by playing, so the DLC that you need for the full experience is:

Dangerous Katamari
High-calorie Katamari
Mechanical Katamari
Milky Way Constellations
Perfectly Sized Katamari
Shopping Spree
The Weaver Girl

SmashN'Grab

Oct 27, 2017
I hope they start to include a few games that already have a Xbox One edition. Titles such as Bastion, Batman Arkham Asylum and Dishonored are missing from my collection whereas Shadow Complex, Limbo and Castle Crashers are compatible despite having a new version.

Also, Assault Heroes 1 needs to be there. And Trials Evolution. I hate to see a series with gaps.

Licensing issues would be great if they can overcome them as I also own After Burner Climax, Outrun Online Arcade, Madden NFL Arcade and 3 on 3 NHL Arcade. All fun games that would be great to bring over. Am I wrong or have they, in the past, brought over games that were technically delisted from sale but made compatible anyway?

That's not even mentioning the old reliables such as Ninja Gaiden 2, Max Payne 3, Need for Speed Hot Pursuit (2010), Syndicate (2012) and Forza Motorsports 2-3-4.

No reason not to include the OG Xbox version of Halo CE either, as well as Max Payne 1&2, GTA San Andreas and Splinter Cell Chaos Theory.

C'mon MS. Let's do this!

Nov 13, 2017
I got my 360 out and wired back up this weekend after reading this thread over the past week. Couldn't wait for a possible announcement. Played PGR3, PGR4 and Outrun 2006 C2C. Wasn't disappointed. Fun times
Played some Outrun 2 on the 360 this week, man never again. That emulation is straight up crap. 30 fps along palm beach, no thanks. Wow.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I hope they start to include a few games that already have a Xbox One edition. Titles such as Bastion, Batman Arkham Asylum and Dishonored are missing from my collection whereas Shadow Complex, Limbo and Castle Crashers are compatible despite having a new version.
Why would they do that when they gave away free upgrades to the Xbox One versions of some games like Bastion, Limbo, Castle Crashers, and Mark of the Ninja? Seems kinda redundant. I'm not saying it's impossible since they've done it before but it's just an odd request.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
By the way, those character and accessory sets are unlocks for things that you can find in the game just by playing, so the DLC that you need for the full experience is:

Dangerous Katamari
High-calorie Katamari
Mechanical Katamari
Milky Way Constellations
Perfectly Sized Katamari
Shopping Spree
The Weaver Girl

This is exceptionally helpful