• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Any chance for timesplitters or simpsons hit and run?
Timesplitters has a good chance now that THQ Nordic has the rights and they've been supportive of BC. Simpsons Hit & Run doesn't have a good chance due to licensing unless Activision was somehow interested in making a new Simpsons game and negotiated it's license for past games as well.

Oct 29, 2017
Max Payne 3 has been on sale a handful of times since the BC initiative kicked off. Been on a TPS kick as of late, so I hope they push this through soon. Some of the best shooting mechanics in a game to date, which Rockstar bizarrely refused to implement in subsequent games. Combat in GTAV and RDR2 feel so neutered in comparison, particularly the latter.

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
Red Dead 2 actually has great gunplay. The input lag is what you're talking about, makes everything from movement to shooting feel sluggish.

I agree though that MP3 is better in that regard. They need to enhance that bitch, I started playing it on PC at 4K and it holds up like a current gen game.

Oct 27, 2017
An itch for modern era Battlefield and no BF4 in the current sale pushed me towards picking up BF3.

I originally played BF3 on PC shortly after building my first ever rig, and I remember the huge hype around it being one of the real big examples of the dominance PC gaming was exerting over consoles at that time. As such I totally dismissed the 360 version, but I'm actually enjoying it a lot.

BF3 - any version of it - just has such a great vibe and atmosphere to it. The maps look and feel really great and the sound design is incredible. It's heavy on "effects" too like blurring and lense flare but they all add to the experience. Battlefield is a series I (probably wrongly) just assume is going to be better with each new instalment, but going back even to this version of 3 is a bit of an eye opener. Something about it just feels really great compared to BFV.

Oh no

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Edit: Wrong thread! Hoping Eternal Sonata gets added back to the EU store if it's made BC. Ridge Racer 6 too 🤞

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
Based on monolith recent tweet, looks like fear games and especially condemned 2 will not be BC anytime soon.

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, I just started installing Force Unleased 2 and it let me boot the game when it is only 30% installed.

Have other backwards compatible games being doing Ready to Start downloads and I just missed it? Is this part of Microsoft's new machine learning smart install process that they talked about at e3 last year?

silentrob32

Nov 1, 2017
Sadly seems a lot of the Namco published titles are unavailable in the UK. Ridge Racer 6, Eternal Sonata and even Enslaved are all missing from the store. You US guys are lucky!

Oct 25, 2017
China
Wait, I just started installing Force Unleased 2 and it let me boot the game when it is only 30% installed.

Have other backwards compatible games being doing Ready to Start downloads and I just missed it? Is this part of Microsoft's new machine learning smart install process that they talked about at e3 last year?
That's something new. Is that one of the Inside Xbox back compat announcements?

silentrob32

Nov 1, 2017
Apart from RR6, the other games used to be on the UK store. I have both of them.
Yeah, I guess they have been delisted for whatever reason. Ridge Racer Unbounded is still up but shame about the others, especially with the Spring Sale prices the US have. Luckily I own RR6 on disc and used to have Eternal Sonata and rebought it on the PS3. Enslaved is only a couple of pounds on disc, so there's that option. But I've gone almost entirely digital on my X, and much prefer the convenience.

BlockABoots

Oct 27, 2017
Is theres any option to smooth out the graphics at all when playing BC games?, just started playing RAGE (yes ive never played it) and its jaggiey city

Nacery

Jul 11, 2018
Ah, so it was delisted... Pretty weird how it's available in the US but not in Europe.

Sadly seems a lot of the Namco published titles are unavailable in the UK. Ridge Racer 6, Eternal Sonata and even Enslaved are all missing from the store. You US guys are lucky!

In the case of Eternal Sonata it's probably related to the fact that it was published by Ubisoft here in the EU. Enslaved does seems to be avaliable here in Spain though.

Just as a curiosity, is Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom availiable in the US store? This is one of the 360 games I really wish to receive BC as it isn't avaliable in EU but luckily I have in physical disc.

Last edited:

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Just as a curiosity, is Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom availiable in the US store? This is one of the 360 games I really wish to receive BC as it isn't avaliable in EU but luckily I have in physical disc.

It is not. IIRC, that dev went out of business :/
It has DLC available though, which is a little weird, I thought they would've pulled that too.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It is not. IIRC, that dev went out of business :/
It has DLC available though, which is a little weird, I thought they would've pulled that too.
Devs going out of business doesn't mean much as it relates to a game but who owns the IP and publishing rights. And it looks like it's Namco Bandai, so there's still a chance of this becoming BC and a digital copy being put on the marketplace for sale.

Nacery

Jul 11, 2018
Please, MechWarrior, Otogi, Toe Jam & Earl, Brute Force, PG2, Splinter Cell and POP, Gun Valkyre, Kingdom Under Fire and why not a port of Magatama (just like they did with Phantom Dust). Still so much to ask...

Buff Beefbroth

Chicken Chaser
Apr 12, 2018
I'm playing Fable Anniversary and wondering why the other 2 mainline Fable games weren't X enhanced.

2 would especially benefit, since it never got a PC version.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Wait a second, as GWG stopped giving away X360 games?
Is it ONE x360 game or ONE xbox game per month kind of deal now?

Kage Maru

Oct 27, 2017
What I hope to see tomorrow (all enhanced):

360:
-NG2
-Asura's Wrath
-DoA4
-LO
-Blue Dragon
-ME Trilogy
-GRAW 1$2
-RBSV 1&2
-CoD2
-Kameo

OG Xbox:
-Otogi 1&2
-Splinter Cell series
-Rallisport Challenge 2
-DOA2 Ultimate
-Kingdom Under Fire
-Amped 2

Pipe dream games:
-PGR 3&4
-JSRF

Ratazk

Oct 27, 2017
So, I missed Enslaved: Odyssey to the West years ago when it first came out. Wasn't on my radar until I happened to see it's for sale... when the heck is that coming to BC?

Man. That one jumped to the top of my list.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
So, I missed Enslaved: Odyssey to the West years ago when it first came out. Wasn't on my radar until I happened to see it's for sale... when the heck is that coming to BC?

Man. That one jumped to the top of my list.
I wouldn't be surprised if MS decide to prioritise the back catalogue of studios they've acquired, like Ninja Theory.

speedomodel

Oct 27, 2017
Still holding out hope for Syndicate, Singularity, Enemy Front, Quantum of Solace, Blood Stone, FEAR series, and the Max Payne games...