• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Glad I didn`t sell Conviction and Double Agent. Conviction looks nearly as good as on PC now but Double Agent looks a lot better because of the lighting.

Deleted member 15447

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn I wish I hadn't turned on Fable 3.

I had much fonder memories of it.

The blurry motion is horrible. And the audio emulation is screwed up at times. (Some missing textures and limbs as well).

Ugh.

Parabolee

Oct 27, 2017
I am loving replaying Fable 3. The over the top motion blur is an art choice that doesn't translate well to 4k but it looks great otherwise. Not having issues with missing textures though and while there have been some incredibly minor audio glitches, they were short and barely distracting. Maybe had 4 in 6 hours of playing. No other issues.

Looking forward to repaying 2 afterward. That is the nest in the series, an absolute masterpiece IMO. I really hope this means they are going to announce Fable 4!

Keeping my fingers crossed for Perfect Dark and Perfect Dark Zero XB1X enhanced patch next. PDZ really needs the input delay fixed too though and I doubt they will do that :(

If I get those two I have almost everything I want, Driver San Fran would be nice but I already have it on PC and it runs 4k 60fps no problem.

Red5

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck i cant wait to replay Conviction...and really the 360 series in general, tho never played Blacklist.
While i never liked that they took away Sam's ability to just knock dudes out, its still the closet thing we ever got to a Bourne-type game.... and yes, it's easily superior to the actual Bourne game, lol

You should definitely play Blacklist (on sale now for 7.99 with xbl gold). It really refined the Conviction gameplay with more features.

Even though the new voice actor is pretty lame (and the story in general), the gameplay is fantastic. Good co-op and you can play totally nonlethal if you want (has a knockout/kill toggle in game).

Feb 27, 2019
Wonder if MK9 will be made compatible on Tuesday to coincide with MK11 release? Honestly kind of baffling it hasn't been made BC in the run up to release...

Feb 27, 2019
If it isn't a bonus for buying it then I don't see why they'd do this.

Why not? WB made Injustice BC without offering it as a preorder bonus. And plenty of games have been made BC to coincide with new entries in the franchise. It builds buzz around the new game & customer support—it seems plausible at least to think it might happen.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why not? WB made Injustice BC without offering it as a preorder bonus. And plenty of games have been made BC to coincide with new entries in the franchise. It builds buzz around the new game & customer support—it seems plausible at least to think it might happen.
I highly doubt a publisher would want one of their fighting games made BC a day before their new fighting game came out. Building buzz would be a month before it came out.

Muzzymate

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
I highly doubt a publisher would want one of their fighting games made BC a day before their new fighting game came out. Building buzz would be a month before it came out.

Agreed. With the new one coming out in a few days, I don't expect MK9 to go BC for the next 6 to 12 months. I'll be happy to be wrong though, as MK9 is my favorite of the recent MKs.

Outtrigger888

Oct 27, 2017
Damn anyone else having graphical glitches with the trees in fable 2. The texture pop in and out and the colors look messed up until you get close to them.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
While I know digital is preferred, NG2 physical is generally readily available at stores that carry 360 games. I got one for $20 CAD all in shipped ($15 USD) and I've seen it in stores as low as $9.

SRV

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Managed to grab a copy of NGII from CEX for £1.50. Happy with that, not that I'll ever complete it, as it kicked my ass first time round and don't expect anything different this time lol

Oct 25, 2017
I ain't paying $30 for any 360 game in 2019. The most you'll get out of me is $15 and even then it's with a lot of hesitation.

Hell I haven't bought NGB still because I'm waiting for a sale on that

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
I ain't paying $30 for any 360 game in 2019. The most you'll get out of me is $15 and even then it's with a lot of hesitation.

Hell I haven't bought NGB still because I'm waiting for a sale on that
I've never quite understood this. Now, the $30 thing I'm down with because that's ridiculous, but $20 isn't bad for a previous gen game that's not longer being manufactured. $15 is great and an easy buy. Hell, I bought NG3RE on PS3 a couple of days ago for $10 to replace my WiiU copy. But wanting a sale on a game you want just because it's older seems kind of reductive, IMO.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
Sure, but once xCloud launches, discs are worthless to me in most cases.

With bc discs are ALWAYS resellable. Ninja Gaiden Black for instance, price doubled to tripled in my area even with it being digital (and cheap!).

For those reluctant to pay $30 digital, find a physical for $10 for now, await the inevitable digital sale (or gamepass), then dump the physical disc to a collector for perhaps more than what you originally paid for it.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2017
I guess I'll ask your guys opinion on why Rockstar has been reluctant to add Max Payne 3 to BC when they add virtually all their other games on it

What makes you think Rockstar is reluctant ? Maybe the BC team is working on MP3 but it's just not ready yet.

I haven't played a Splinter Cell since the OG, but thanks to GWG I have Conviction & Blacklist ready to go. Which is the bestest to jump into?

Blacklist happens after Conviction so play the latter first !

Even though the new voice actor is pretty lame (and the story in general)

Both were pretty good though ! :P

Last edited:

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
That's fine, but my original post wasn't directed specifically at you.

There are clearly people in this thread reluctant to pay the digital price. Hoping this advice helps them.

That's fine. I was just answering for me. For myself, it's much more satisfying having zero discs/cases around and having all my games digital.

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
I bought a used copy of NG2 from Gamestop for $10 yesterday and the price hasn't changed. I'm really surprised they haven't adjusted the price yet. Seems to be sold out at most stores around here now.

Dragon's Game

Alt account
Banned
Apr 1, 2019
What makes you think Rockstar is reluctant ? Maybe the BC team is working on MP3 but it's just not ready yet.

Blacklist happens after Conviction so play the latter first !

Both were pretty good though ! :P
when it comes to BC

does the developer and publisher have to sign off on it, or does Xbox have the right to make any 360 or OG xbox game BC without having to ask?

ontheroadleon

Mar 13, 2018
The following games are available on PSNow but not yet made BC. I suppose they have no licensing issues and should come to Xbox One eventually.
Asura's Wrath
Black Knight Sword
Bionic Commando: Rearmed 2
Bodycount
Dead to Rights: Retribution
Deadliest Warrior: Legends
Deadliest Warrior: The Game
Destroy All Humans! 2
Dynasty Warriors 6
Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires
Dynasty Warriors 7
Dynasty Warriors 8
Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
Eternal Sonata
Katamari Forever
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Warriors: Legends of Troy
Warriors Orochi 3
Way of the Samurai 3
Wet
Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
The following games are available on PSNow but not yet made BC. I suppose they have no licensing issues and should come to Xbox One eventually.
Asura's Wrath
Black Knight Sword
Bionic Commando: Rearmed 2
Bodycount
Dead to Rights: Retribution
Deadliest Warrior: Legends
Deadliest Warrior: The Game
Destroy All Humans! 2
Dynasty Warriors 6
Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires
Dynasty Warriors 7
Dynasty Warriors 8
Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
Eternal Sonata
Katamari Forever
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Warriors: Legends of Troy
Warriors Orochi 3
Way of the Samurai 3
Wet
Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z

FYI Katamari Forever never got a 360 version, it's PS3 only. Good list though.

Apr 27, 2018
I'm hoping that Silent Hill 4 will be backward compatible on the Xbox One someday. Konami already made the HD Collection, Homecoming, and Downpour all backward compatible. Been wanting to play that game for a while now. The soundtrack is pretty awesome.

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Do OG Xbox game discs work for BC?

I just ordered a copy of Ninja Gaiden Black (Pal version for a Pal console/account if it's relevant) and I got prompted with an error message.

Gorion's Ward

Apr 6, 2019
Israel <3
Does anyone know if I can change my 360 account region to my local region just to get a few BC games using my local credit card and still be able to buy One games from the US/UK marketplace on the One without any issue using MS balance like I do now (Where I just change the marketplace locale on the console)?