• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
That looks gorgeous. I was tempted by the black one but there were some nice deals on the original controller so I never got it. Might bite this if real.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Phantom Black is already out.

Get both and swap the buttons, analogs and Dpad and the frankensteins we create will be glorious.
xbox_one_phantom_black_controller.0.jpg

Im so tempted to get one as soon as it drops just so I can swap the internals>
But my Phantom Black was already a luxury I couldnt justify twice.....for white.

Oh wow. When did this come out?

Also, hey if you mix and match, you've still got two controllers. Ya know, for when stick drift happens. Gotta always have an extra ya know ;)

Now I can finally see where the issue is when a button inevitably breaks

Uh, do xbox one buttons usually break? I thought it was usually triggers and sticks?

ToadPacShakur

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I can't keep buying controllers, Microsoft 😭😭 make an ugly one or something every once in awhile will ya

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Wow! I just 'collect' Xbox One controllers and I only have 4 haha. I used to have a Halo 5 controller (the blue one) but I sold it because I needed the money :(
To be honest, I can only find 17 of the regular wireless controllers now. I know I'm missing the Forza Motorsport one and the Dusk Shadow one. I'm not sure where they'd be.
Oh shit that looks sick! I want more of these type of gradients.
Yeah, that's why I made sure to get all of the "Shadow" series, and these "Phantom" controllers feel like an extension of those. I love the way they look.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
translucent controllers NEVER look good. being able to see the bits underneath...yuck. looks stupid.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I love these Phantom controllers. I almost bought the black one the other day but ended up with the PUBG controller.

I'm a controller fiend.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
Damn that looks nice. I hope that MS allows one controllers to be forward compatible with the new system. Probably not, but man the one controller is a solid design.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
That looks incredibly stylish. I just grabbed the Sport White controller, and the red version is right on the horizon. Microsoft truly makes the best controllers in the business, style and comfort-wise.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
That's one of the nicest controllers I've ever seen. Got a thing for translucent hardware.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
Dunno what to think...but I think I like it. I rather wish that the whole controller was that transparent style.

Yunyo

Oct 25, 2017
Damn. I would have totally gotten this instead of my standard black one if it had been sold at the same time...

rapid32.5

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Good shit. Ms really nailed hardware design this gen. I hope they continue this trend with next gen, clean and simple.

Abhor

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
That's pretty good looking actually. I would definitely consider it as a replacement for my current controller.

Kas'

Oct 26, 2017
Looks nice but I hope MS fixes the main four buttons next gen and make them more flat like the PS4 and Xbox 360 controller. It gets very uncomfortable pressing on the Xbox One buttons after a long play period.