• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

kittens

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
it's honestly absurd how good microsoft is at designing controllers

I think most game themed special edition controllers are ugly, but everything else they make is just brilliant

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I haven't bought a controller since the Sea of Thieves one. Maybe I'll pick this up since my regular one broke out of the blue.

First broken controller too. It started to stick drift with the right stick, then the left started registering two or three inputs for every one. Same with the dpad. And the right stick would also register on its own.

About 15 months of light use.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
heinous

do people actually like transparent controllers/gameboys/etc? I've always found them so stupid looking

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Beautiful renders but would like to see one live before buying.

It will actually look better than the renders.
Because the Phantom look actually fades depending on how you hold the controller.

So the white will gradually take over the whole controller depending on the angle.

translucent controllers NEVER look good. being able to see the bits underneath...yuck. looks stupid.
heinous

do people actually like transparent controllers/gameboys/etc? I've always found them so stupid looking

Yes the Phantom Controllers are godly in person.
The only controller that out does the Phantoms at this point is the Lunar White.

phantom-black-xbox-controller%20_6_.jpg

Lunar White is still the GOAT. Absolute perfection.

Blue Ninja

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Yougoddammright.pdf. Mine has stick drift now though. Since I also have a x1s controller, I looked into what it takes to swap shells. It's more work than I'm willing to do.
Yeah, same. I don't use mine anymore. Got a Grey/Green now, but I miss that Lunar White every day. That rubber grip alone... It's a shame all the others that use it are just ugly

Mr Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If they make that a custom design that you can choose with a different button color? That will be one of the sexiest designs from Microsoft yet.

OH! OH! And if they can do it with the same type of grip they have for the Forza controllers??? DUUUUUUUUUUDE

Naner

Oct 27, 2017
yeah after the elite, lunar white and the design labs controller I made, i dont like using the regular plastic ones anymore

even the newer bumpy ones aren't adequate
When I got my Xbox One X and grabbed the controller that came with it, it literally flew off my hand because I was so used to the Elite's rubber grip...

Actually, now that I hold it again, I think it was just particularly slippery when new haha

Phonomezer

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's really nice, I wouldn't mind the option for a bit of colour on the buttons, though.

A black/gold version would be good, too.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I need that rubberized grip. I can't go back to controllers without it :(
yeah after the elite, lunar white and the design labs controller I made, i dont like using the regular plastic ones anymore

even the newer bumpy ones aren't adequate
Personally, I never got why people praise the rubber grip they put on the back of the Lunar White and Forza Motorsport controllers so much. I think it's practically worthless. I like it when the grips are on the sides where my palms are like the two elite controllers .

When I'm holding my controller, the weight is all held by my palms, and my fingers might as well not even be touching the back of the controller. This became even more true when I got used to the elite with its paddles, where you need to hold the controller with your palms so you don't accidentally press a paddle when you don't want to.

OP
OP
Oct 27, 2017
While I was looking for preorder links I found out that this thread was picked up by several outlets including Windows Central, I guess this thread is Internet Famous™ now.

supernormal

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I like this a lot better than the phantom black. If they would've made that one fade to black instead of gold it would've been perfect. I will get this one though.

stoke1863

Oct 29, 2017
It brakes my heart my lunar white controllers dpad doesn't work, that two Xbox one controllers dpads I have had fail on me

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Personally, I never got why people praise the rubber grip they put on the back of the Lunar White and Forza Motorsport controllers so much. I think it's practically worthless. I like it when the grips are on the sides where my palms are like the two elite controllers .

When I'm holding my controller, the weight is all held by my palms, and my fingers might as well not even be touching the back of the controller. This became even more true when I got used to the elite with its paddles, where you need to hold the controller with your palms so you don't accidentally press a paddle when you don't want to.
And your way sounds weird to me. LOL My middle/ring/pinky fingers naturally grip the back handle parts to press them against the center of my palms.

shiftplusone

Oct 25, 2017

And your way sounds weird to me. LOL My middle/ring/pinky fingers naturally grip the back handle parts to press them against the center of my palms.

lol same. The weight of the controller goes into my fingertips on the back and my palms dont put that much pressure in return.

replicantUK

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
There is something about white consoles/controllers I like. When my X died I picked up a white one and white Elite Controller. I didn't even know MS released a white X consoles until I was shopping for my replacement.