• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
The naming scheme tells you the release month and year. Since this build is labeled 1910, expect it to drop sometime in October. Though there are occasions where it release before the target month and sometimes after.
Thanks. Hoping this is smoother. The current one lags for me on my X more often than not.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Beta users that have the new dash. Wich level are you?

I'm Level 8 and I got it around Sept 13th. I remember reading somewhere they would give it randomly to 50% of certain groups. I'm not sure though.

Interesting, there's Amazon Prime app preview today. I don't have Prime Video right now, so I can't test anything, unless they decide to give me a 30-day trial.

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
I have hard reset a few times, since that sometimes pops it. Nothing so far. I did have the new dash a while back and then they took it down. No major issue tbh but the dash was so nice and fast,
I'm in the same boat. Alpha skip ahead and seeing the old dash. But I am seeing a capture and share tab on the guide i haven't noticed before.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza

Hey Alpha Skip Ahead ring users! Today's Xbox Insider Release Notes highlight the latest fixes, known issues, and features coming to your console. Starting at 2:00 p.m. PT today, users will receive the latest 2004 Xbox One system update (build: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2004\18988.1200.190919-1920). Keep reading for more details.
System Update Details:

• OS version released: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2004\18988.1200.190919-1920
  • Available: 2:00 p.m. PT – September 23, 2019
  • Mandatory: 3:00 a.m. PT – September 24, 2019

image: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2019/07/Hero_XboxOneUpdatePreview_Hero.png

Fixes for Alpha Skip Ahead

We've heard your feedback, and we're happy to announce the following fixes have been implemented for this 2004 build:

System
  • Fixed an issue where consoles would not display HDR until the console was restarted.
  • Various updates to properly reflect local languages across the console.

image: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2019/08/insiderscity.png

Known Issues for Alpha Skip Ahead

The data we've collected from your reports have helped us work with Xbox engineers who are investigating the issues below. We understand some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider Release Notes. If you have one of the below experiences, these issues aren't being ignored, but it will take Xbox engineers more time to find a solution. We appreciate your patience at this time!

Audio
  • Users who have Dolby Atmos enabled and console display settings set to 120hz with 36 bits per pixel (12-bit) are experiencing loss of Dolby Atmos audio in some situations.
    • Workaround: Disable 120hz or set Video Fidelity to 30 bits per pixel (10-bit) or lower.

Dolby Access

• Users are unable to complete the setup for Dolby Atmos in the app and the app is not recognizing Dolby Atmos headphones
    • Note: This is an issue with the Dolby Access app and the app developers are aware and investigating.

My Games & Apps
  • Users have reported seeing an "Xbox Events" app in their collection.
    • Note: This app will be used to experiment with a new Events experience to showcase in-game events. We'll have more to share when the feature is ready for Preview.

Sign in
  • We are tracking an issue in which some users may be prompted for their password or PIN even if they have the option to not prompt.
    • Workaround: Perform a cold boot of the console.

System

• Some users have reported the console shutting down unexpectedly while using Netflix.
    • Note: The console may take longer to reboot/shut down than normal. This is expected behavior, please do not power off the console manually. There is essential information being collected to investigate the cause of the issue.
  • Some users have reported the console shutting down while playing games.
    • Note: The console may take longer to reboot/shut down than normal. This is expected behavior, please do not power off the console manually. There is essential information being collected to investigate the cause of the issue.
  • Users are reporting that the Idle Screen is activating when watching streaming content on the console.

Wireless Networking

• Users have reported that the console is losing their wireless network settings when the console is updated.

Profile Color
  • Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.

Steelyuhas

Oct 27, 2017
The naming scheme tells you the release month and year. Since this build is labeled 1910, expect it to drop sometime in October. Though there are occasions where it release before the target month and sometimes after.
It's still being A/B tested though, I wouldn't count on it being part of the October release (although I hope it is).

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza

Hey Alpha Skip Ahead ring users! Today's Xbox Insider Release Notes highlight the latest fixes, known issues, and features coming to your console. Starting at 2:00 p.m. PT today, users will receive the latest 2004 Xbox One system update (build: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2004\18988.1200.190923-1910). Keep reading for more details.
System Update Details:
  • OS version released: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2004\18988.1200.190923-1910
  • Available: 2:00 p.m. PT – September 25, 2019
  • Mandatory: 3:00 a.m. PT – September 26, 2019

image: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2019/07/Hero_XboxOneUpdatePreview_Hero.png

We've heard your feedback, and we're happy to announce the following fixes have been implemented for this 2004 build:
Accessibility
  • Various improvements to Narrator function in Guide.
Guide
  • Fixed an issue where profile status would not update with accurate information.
Media Remote
  • Fixed an issue when navigating the console with a Media Remote not working correctly.
Mixer
  • Fixed an issue where some chat messages would not be displayed when watching full screen on the Mixer tab on the dashboard.
Sign in
  • Fixed the issue where users were prompted for their password or PIN when console set to sign in automatically.
System
Wireless Networking
  • Fixed the issue where some users were prompted to enter the wireless network settings with each new update.

image: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2019/08/insiderscity.png

We understand some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider Release Notes. These issues aren't being ignored, but it will take Xbox engineers more time to find a solution. We appreciate your patience at this time!
Audio
  • Users who have Dolby Atmos enabled and console display settings set to 120hz with 36 bits per pixel (12-bit) are experiencing loss of Dolby Atmos audio in some situations.
    • Workaround: Disable 120hz or set Video Fidelity to 30 bits per pixel (10-bit) or lower.
Dolby Access
  • Users are unable to complete the setup for Dolby Atmos in the app and the app is not recognizing Dolby Atmos headphones
    • Note: This is an issue with the Dolby Access app and the app developers are aware and investigating.
My Games & Apps
    • Note: This app will be used to experiment with a new Events experience to showcase in-game events. We'll have more to share when the feature is ready for Preview.
System
  • Some users have reported the console shutting down unexpectedly while using Netflix.
  • Users are reporting that the Idle Screen is activating when watching streaming content on the console.
Profile Color
  • Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
The new dash still needs a settings tab on the dashboard imo or something that hints that of you hit the xbox button the extra dash shows up and settings for example is there.
I mean i know it. But people that dont game much on Xbox or new people it can be confusing.

Lorul2

Jan 4, 2018
Just my 2 cents, I liked scrolling through the guide. This new build is faster but it is boring. Maybe one day Xbox can make all the dashboard functions like widgets on a phone and you can just add or get rid of the ones you don't want. I don't need to get to my games 0.2 seconds faster; I just want the dashboard to work, THE WAY I LIKE.

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
Asking the preview members;

Has there been any request at all for keeping the home tap/ first page/ home screen dashboard clean of tiles?

Choosing a background is basically useless since it's almost all covered by these tiles.

It would have been much better, cleaner and more welcoming if these tiles were moved page down or something.

Gorion's Ward

Apr 6, 2019
Israel <3

Has there been any request at all for keeping the home tap/ first page/ home screen dashboard clean of tiles?

Choosing a background is basically useless since it's almost all covered by these tiles.

It would have been much better, cleaner and more welcoming if these tiles were moved page down or something.
Yeah, but I don't think it'll ever happen. And yeah backgrounds are almost useless - the only way it looks acceptable is if you choose wallpapers with the center figure in the top of the image so it can be seen.

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, but I don't think it'll ever happen. And yeah backgrounds are almost useless - the only way it looks acceptable is if you choose wallpapers with the center figure in the top of the image so it can be seen.

I just don't get it.
I mean it should be obvious that it should be clean. It just irritates me when stupid decisions like this are being made and sticking with it.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB

The backgrounds on xbox drive me nuts. Images covered by tiles, and even when designers make backrounds to account for them, the placement of tiles gets moved with updates.

I ended up downloading a solid seafoam green tile image, daved that as my dash. Feels like it's the only semi-clean solution.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
I think "ambient" or whatever work best. Anything with subjects are going to be obscured. Don't really care, I don't spend alot of time on the dash.

They could make it 99% transparent until input. 🤷‍♂️

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I use this for a long time. Combined with the light blue theme

x1bg-giant-xbox-sphere-blue.jpg

Steelyuhas

Oct 27, 2017

Are you suggesting moving the tiles that you launch your latest games or apps down do you have to page down to use them?
I doubt it has something to do with the level. I'm level 7 Beta Ring and got it around a month ago. It's just lottery.
Yeah, they've stated is 50% A/B testing, totally random.

I'm in the Alpha and I had the new Home experience the first time they rolled it out, but now I don't have it in this round of testing.

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
Are you suggesting moving the tiles that you launch your latest games or apps down do you have to page down to use them?

Yes. The first page/Home tab should be clean. Must be clean. You got 10 tiles covering the screen. That's without the pins. If these tiles were to be moved the home tab will look much better, cleaner and welcoming. A simple solution is to move them down or just switch the tabs from horizontal to vertical. Background is useless now.

There are so many solutions and yet they went with the most hideous , stupid and sticking with it. I just can't stand stupid/flawed design like these.

Last edited:

Deleted member 23475

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So now the "Community" tab is after "GamePass" and "Mixer" on the "new/old" dash. This is so annoying that after 6 years we are still with a meh dashboard on Xbox One. I hope that next gen will change that.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza

Hey Alpha Skip Ahead ring users! Today's Xbox Insider Release Notes highlight the latest fixes, known issues, and features coming to your console. Starting at 2:00 p.m. PT today, users will receive the latest 2004 Xbox One system update (build: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2004\18992.1200.190925-1920). Keep reading for more details.
System Update Details:
  • OS version released: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2004\18992.1200.190925-1920
  • Available: 2:00 p.m. PT – September 27, 2019
  • Mandatory: 3:00 a.m. PT – September 28, 2019
New Features
Our Xbox Insider Release Notes come with exciting news! Your enthusiasm for all things Xbox has helped us bring new features to your ring. Thanks to the dedication of Xbox engineers and user feedback, Alpha Skip Ahead users can expect the following new features with this OS system update:
Xbox For Google Assistant
  • For more information on this public beta, please refer to the blog post here or our subreddit here.
Console Streaming
We're getting ready to roll out Console Streaming (Preview)! Console Streaming is our new Xbox One platform feature that lets you stream installed Xbox One games (including Xbox Game Pass titles) to your phone or tablet directly from the Xbox One you already own. Those with consoles in Alpha and Alpha Skip Ahead Ring in the US and UK can now test their home network, controller and console settings to get ready for the preview.
To run the test, go to Settings -> Network settings -> Test console streaming to get started. The on-screen prompts will let you know if your console, controller and network pass the test, or let you know if there's anything that needs to be changed. For additional information on how to ensure your console and network are optimized for Console Streaming, please visit the Xbox Support website.
We're looking forward to sharing more about Console Streaming (Preview) and what to expect in the coming weeks!

System

We understand some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider Release Notes. These issues aren't being ignored, but it will take Xbox engineers more time to find a solution. We appreciate your patience at this time!
Audio
Dolby Access
My Games & Apps
System
Profile Color
  • Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when powering on the console

Steelyuhas

Oct 27, 2017
Yes. The first page/Home tab should be clean. Must be clean. You got 10 tiles covering the screen. That's without the pins. If these tiles were to be moved the home tab will look much better, cleaner and welcoming. A simple solution is to move them down or just switch the tabs from horizontal to vertical. Background is useless now.

There are so many solutions and yet they went with the most hideous , stupid and sticking with it. I just can't stand stupid/flawed design like these.
Sounds like a huge sacrifice of quick usability for the sake of...backgrounds looking nicer.

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
There's no reason to do that though. Doesn't matter how big the sacrifice is, why would you add more actions users have to take? Doesn't make any sense to me.

How is pushing the button down adds more action? Seriously?
The dashboard is ugly and hideous. Backgrounds are useless. If you can't see that then no wonder it won't make sense to you.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza

Hey Alpha Skip Ahead ring users! Today's Xbox Insider Release Notes highlight the latest fixes, known issues, and features coming to your console. Starting at 2:00 p.m. PT today, users will receive the latest 2004 Xbox One system update (build: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2004\18993.1200.190926-1906). Keep reading for more details.
System Update Details:
  • OS version released: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2004\18993.1200.190926-1906
  • Available: 2:00 p.m. PT – September 30, 2019
  • Mandatory: 3:00 a.m. PT – October 1, 2019

Store
  • Fixed an issue where users were sometimes unable to complete in-game purchases.
System

Audio
Dolby Access
My Games & Apps
System
Profile Color

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza

Hey Alpha Skip Ahead ring users! Today's Xbox Insider Release Notes highlight the latest fixes, known issues, and features coming to your console. Starting at 2:00 p.m. PT today, users will receive the latest 2004 Xbox One system update (build: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2004\18995.1200.190930-1920). Keep reading for more details.
System Update Details:
  • OS version released: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2004\18995.1200.190930-1920
  • Available: 2:00 p.m. PT – October 2, 2019
  • Mandatory: 3:00 a.m. PT – October 3, 2019

Groups

• Fixed an issue when launching games & apps via pins.

Home

• Various fixes to improve the performance of Home on console boot.

Parties

• Fixed an issue where some users would not be able chat in parties after joining.
System

Audio
Dolby Access
My Games & Apps
System
Profile Color

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza

Hey Alpha Skip Ahead ring users! Today's Xbox Insider Release Notes highlight the latest fixes, known issues, and features coming to your console. Starting at 2:00 p.m. PT today, users will receive the latest 2004 Xbox One system update (build: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2004\18996.1202.191002-2100). Keep reading for more details.
System Update Details:
  • OS version released: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2004\18996.1202.191002-2100
  • Available: 2:00 p.m. PT – October 4, 2019
  • Mandatory: 3:00 a.m. PT – October 5, 2019
Feature Updates
Home (Experiment)

Thank you all for the great feedback on the latest Experimental Home update. This round of our Home Experiment concludes this week, and users who have it will start to see the current dashboard again. We'll let everyone know when to keep an eye out for the next round!

Edge
  • We've fixed an issue where some users were having problems playing videos in full screen in the app.

Audio
Dolby Access
My Games & Apps
System
    • Workaround: A console reboot should resolve the behavior.
Profile Color

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza

Hey Alpha Skip Ahead ring users! Today's Xbox Insider Release Notes highlight the latest fixes, known issues, and features coming to your console. Starting at 2:00 p.m. PT today, users will receive the latest 2004 Xbox One system update (build: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2004\18998.1200.191003-2100). Keep reading for more details.
System Update Details:
  • OS version released: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2004\18998.1200.191003-2100
  • Available: 2:00 p.m. PT – October 7, 2019
  • Mandatory: 3:00 a.m. PT – October 8, 2019

System

Audio
Dolby Access
My Games & Apps
System
Profile Color

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza

Hey Alpha Skip Ahead ring users! Today's Xbox Insider Release Notes highlight the latest fixes, known issues, and features coming to your console. Starting at 2:00 p.m. PT today, users will receive the latest 2004 Xbox One system update (build: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2004\18999.1205.191007-2100). Keep reading for more details.
System Update Details:
  • OS version released: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2004\18999.1205.191007-2100
  • Available: 2:00 p.m. PT – October 9, 2019
  • Mandatory: 3:00 a.m. PT – October 10, 2019

Voice Commands
  • Fixed an issue where the console would not power on when using Google Assistant.
System

Audio
Dolby Access
My Games & Apps
System
Xbox Console Companion App
  • Some users are reporting being unable to stream their Xbox console to their Windows PC via the app.
Profile Color

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
Hey Alpha Skip Ahead ring users! Today's Xbox Insider Release Notes highlight the latest fixes, known issues, and features coming to your console. Starting at 2:00 p.m. PT today, users will receive the latest 2004 Xbox One system update (build: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2004\19000.1204.191010-0522). Keep reading for more details.
System Update Details:
  • OS version released: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2004\19000.1204.191010-0522
  • Available: 2:00 p.m. PT – October 11, 2019
  • Mandatory: 3:00 a.m. PT – October 12, 2019

Parties
  • Fixed an issue where status was not updating to show the correct activity.
System

Audio
Dolby Access
My Games & Apps
Store
  • We are investigating reports of Video Autoplay settings are not being kept when a new update is released.
System
Voice Commands
  • Some users are reporting powering on their console via Google Assistant or Alexa is giving an error, but then powers the console on after a delay.
Xbox Console Companion App
  • Some users are reporting being unable to stream their Xbox console to their Windows PC via the app.
Profile Color