• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza

Hey Alpha Skip Ahead ring users! Today's Xbox Insider Release Notes highlight the latest fixes, known issues, and features coming to your console. Starting at 2:00 p.m. PT today, users will receive the latest 2004 Xbox One system update (build: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2004\19001.1203.191011-2100). Keep reading for more details.
System Update Details:
  • OS version released: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2004\19001.1203.191011-2100
  • Available: 2:00 p.m. PT – October 14, 2019
  • Mandatory: 3:00 a.m. PT – October 15, 2019
New Features
Content Filters

• Today, we're rolling out customizable text filters for the Xbox platform, first to our Xbox Insiders, giving gamers more control over the type of content they see on Xbox – check out the blog to learn more.

image: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2019/07/Hero_XboxOneUpdatePreview_Hero.png

Fixes for Alpha Skip Ahead
We've heard your feedback, and we're happy to announce the following fixes have been implemented for this 2004 build:
System
  • Various updates to properly reflect local languages across the console.

image: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2019/08/insiderscity.png

Known Issues for Alpha Skip Ahead
We understand some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider Release Notes. These issues aren't being ignored, but it will take Xbox engineers more time to find a solution. We appreciate your patience at this time!
Audio
  • Users who have Dolby Atmos enabled and console display settings set to 120hz with 36 bits per pixel (12-bit) are experiencing loss of Dolby Atmos audio in some situations.
    • Workaround: Disable 120hz or set Video Fidelity to 30 bits per pixel (10-bit) or lower.
Dolby Access
  • Users are unable to complete the setup for Dolby Atmos in the app and the app is not recognizing Dolby Atmos headphones
    • Note: This is an issue with the Dolby Access app and the app developers are aware and investigating.
My Games & Apps
  • Users have reported seeing an "Xbox Events" app in their collection.
    • Note: This app will be used to experiment with a new Events experience to showcase in-game events. We'll have more to share when the feature is ready for Preview.
Store
  • We are investigating reports of Video Autoplay settings are not being kept when a new update is released.
System
  • Some users have reported the console shutting down unexpectedly while using Netflix.
    • Note: The console may take longer to reboot/shut down than normal. This is expected behavior, please do not power off the console manually. There is essential information being collected to investigate the cause of the issue.
  • Some users have reported the console shutting down while playing games.
    • Note: The console may take longer to reboot/shut down than normal. This is expected behavior, please do not power off the console manually. There is essential information being collected to investigate the cause of the issue.
  • Users are reporting that the Idle Screen is activating when watching streaming content on the console.
    • Workaround: A console reboot should resolve the behavior.
Voice Commands
  • Some users are reporting powering on their console via Google Assistant or Alexa is giving an error, but then powers the console on after a delay.
Xbox Console Companion App
  • Some users are reporting being unable to stream their Xbox console to their Windows PC via the app.
Profile Color
  • Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza

Hey Alpha Skip Ahead ring users! Today's Xbox Insider Release Notes highlight the latest fixes, known issues, and features coming to your console. Starting at 2:00 p.m. PT today, users will receive the latest 2004 Xbox One system update (build: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2004\19002.1209.191015-2100). Keep reading for more details.
System Update Details:
  • OS version released: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2004\19002.1209.191015-2100
  • Available: 2:00 p.m. PT – October 17, 2019
  • Mandatory: 3:00 a.m. PT – October 18, 2019
New Features
Home (Experiment)

• The next phase of the Xbox One Home dashboard experience is here for Alpha Skip Ahead! Learn more about what to expect and what these experiments are on the blog.

image: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2019/07/Hero_XboxOneUpdatePreview_Hero.png

We've heard your feedback, and we're happy to announce the following fixes have been implemented for this 2004 build:
OneGuide
  • Fixed an issue where some users were unable to watch TV via USB tuner.

Store
  • Fixed the issue where Autoplay settings would revert when the console was updated.

System
  • Users should no longer see their screen dimming when watching streaming content.

image: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2019/08/insiderscity.png

We understand some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider Release Notes. These issues aren't being ignored, but it will take Xbox engineers more time to find a solution. We appreciate your patience at this time!
Audio
  • Users who have Dolby Atmos enabled and console display settings set to 120hz with 36 bits per pixel (12-bit) are experiencing loss of Dolby Atmos audio in some situations.
    • Workaround: Disable 120hz or set Video Fidelity to 30 bits per pixel (10-bit) or lower.
Dolby Access
  • Users are unable to complete the setup for Dolby Atmos in the app and the app is not recognizing Dolby Atmos headphones
    • Note: This is an issue with the Dolby Access app and the app developers are aware and investigating.
My Games & Apps
    • Note: This app will be used to experiment with a new Events experience to showcase in-game events. We'll have more to share when the feature is ready for Preview.
Home (Experiment)
  • Some users may see a different Store icon on the dashboard than what normally appears.
System
  • Some users have reported the console shutting down unexpectedly while using Netflix.
Voice Commands
  • Some users are reporting powering on their console via Google Assistant or Alexa is giving an error, but then powers the console on after a delay.
  • Some users are reporting being unable to stream their Xbox console to their Windows PC via the app.
Profile Color
  • Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.

Nov 2, 2017
Birmingham, AL
Haven't searched the thread, but has anyone had their update randomly rolled back? I've had the new dashboard for a couple of weeks now. The one that is all one single universal tab, and then earlier this week I turned the Xbox on and it's back to the same dashboard I've had for a year or so now....

OP
OP
bsigg

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't searched the thread, but has anyone had their update randomly rolled back? I've had the new dashboard for a couple of weeks now. The one that is all one single universal tab, and then earlier this week I turned the Xbox on and it's back to the same dashboard I've had for a year or so now....

They're doing experiments where a test version of the dash is available and they roll it back. They just released 2 new versions of the dash and are doing a 3 group test, 2 groups testing out different versions of a new dash and 1 group on the older dash as a control group.

Deleted member 19996

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Yup. I was part of the test group that got the new layout and they changed it back a couple weeks ago. It sucks.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Finally got my update. I think I got B because it's one box at the bottom for games and apps. Feels super quick as well. Like it!

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
A version looks alot better.
Still think there needs to be a setting tab also.
Yeah, I miss having the 4 options there for Store, Settings, Game Pass and My Games. They seem to have other larger buttons for them but I would rather the smaller ones and a cleaner dash. It is damn quick currently, so I hope that stays haha.

ElMexiMerican

Oct 25, 2017
I was gonna post about this, but I had the same thing happen to me. Was really bummed when it happened lmao

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza

Hey Alpha Skip Ahead ring users! Today's Xbox Insider Release Notes highlight the latest fixes, known issues, and features coming to your console. Starting at 2:00 p.m. PT today, users will receive the latest 2004 Xbox One system update (build: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2004\19004.1200.191017-2100). Keep reading for more details.
System Update Details:
  • OS version released: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2004\19004.1200.191017-2100
  • Available: 2:00 p.m. PT – October 21, 2019
  • Mandatory: 3:00 a.m. PT – October 22, 2019

Edge
  • We've fixed the issue with users being unable to dismiss the "full screen" notification watching video.

System

Audio
Dolby Access
My Games & Apps
Home (Experiment)
  • Some users may see a different Store icon on the dashboard than what normally appears.
System
Voice Commands
Profile Color

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
Controller update today for me.

Hey Alpha Skip Ahead ring users! Today's Xbox Insider Release Notes highlight the latest fixes, known issues, and features coming to your console. Starting at 2:00 p.m. PT today, users will receive the latest 2004 Xbox One system update (build: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2004\19006.1206.191021-2100). Keep reading for more details.
System Update Details:
  • OS version released: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2004\19006.1206.191021-2100
  • Available: 2:00 p.m. PT – October 23, 2019
  • Mandatory: 3:00 a.m. PT – October 24, 2019

New Features:

image: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2019/10/Simple-Settings-Experiment.png?w=940

Simplified Settings
We've got a brand new face lift for your Xbox One console's Settings with simplified categories and subcategories. Xbox heard your feedback, and we're working to make Settings easy to navigate and manage, to control your device and account, as needed. Explore the latest update and take control of how you play!

Controller
  • A new version of controller firmware (4.8.1923.0) is available for certain controller models. Users may be prompted to update the controller automatically when it is connected to the console. You can also go to Settings>Devices & streaming> Accessories with the controller connected, then select the ellipsis button to see if a firmware update is available.
  • Changes in this firmware include:
    • Reliability improvements for wireless connectivity on console
    • Improvements to Bluetooth pairing
    • Xbox Button behavior changes over Bluetooth on Android
    • Bluetooth reliability fixes
Edge
  • We've fixed the issue with users being unable to dismiss the "full screen" notification watching video.
System

Audio
Dolby Access
My Games & Apps
Home (Experiment)
  • Some users may see their content blocks reset randomly during the experiment.
Store
  • Some users are reporting issues making in-game purchases in Fortnite. If you are encountering this behavior please submit feedback from the console.
Voice Commands
  • We've seen reports of users being unable to stream their Xbox console to their Windows PC via the app.
Profile Color

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I noticed in the Insider App a few days ago that there was a question asking if you'd like to be considered to be in the running for the Alpha Skip-Ahead. Maybe they are going to let some more people in. It said that it's not definite that you will be picked if you opt in. I'm in the Preview Beta right now.

I'm not sure if you saw, but it looks like you might be able to request to be in alpha ring. Says there's a time limit.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got the new dash. Instant removed those weird pins at the bottom with store, community etc. Looks ugly and dont see a point in having them when they are above with tiles also.
And like i said before. They need a settings tile also. Or a hint that settings are hiding behind the guide button. New people will have no clue.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
One thing thats needs to be faster is starting the console from energy saving mode. My PS4 is way way faster in the dashboard. Where the Xbox stays a long time a the xbox logo screen.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza

Hey Alpha Skip Ahead ring users! Today's Xbox Insider Release Notes highlight the latest fixes, known issues, and features coming to your console. Starting at 2:00 p.m. PT today, users will receive the latest 2004 Xbox One system update (build: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2004\19008.1204.191023-2300). Keep reading for more details.
System Update Details:
  • OS version released: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2004\19008.1204.191023-2300
  • Available: 2:00 p.m. PT – October 25, 2019
  • Mandatory: 3:00 a.m. PT – October 26, 2019

New Features:

image: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/wp-cont...019/10/Guide-Customization-Option-1.png?w=940

Guide Customization
Some of you discovered a Guide Tab reorder button with a recent update. We don't want to keep you waiting, so we've turned it on early for feedback from Alpha Skip-Ahead users this yesterday. Let us know what you think!

image: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/wp-cont...le-Companion-10_25_2019-11_19_15-AM.png?w=940

Voice to Text
Dictation is back with support for more languages! With either a headset or Kinect, you can press the View button when the keyboard is on screen to start converting speech to text. Check out the full list of languages below, and head to Settings -> System -> Language & location if you want to change your keyboard & dictation language.

• Supported languages:
    • Chinese (Simplified)
    • Chinese (Traditional – Hong Kong)
    • Chinese (Traditional – Taiwan)
    • Danish
    • Dutch
    • English (Australia)
    • English (Canada)
    • English (India)
    • English (UK)
    • English (US)
    • Finnish
    • French (Canada)
    • French (France)
    • German
    • Japanese
    • Korean
    • Norwegian
    • Polish
    • Portuguese (Brazil)
    • Portuguese (Portugal)
    • Russian
    • Spanish (Mexico)
    • Spanish (Spain)
    • Swedish

Guide/Game Pass Tab
Some users may see changes to managing and redeeming Xbox Live Gold benefits. This feature is only enabled for a portion of the Xbox Insider audience to gauge interest and collect feedback.

Store

• Fixed an issue where game trailers are not playing sound.
    • Note: This is due to a new Store setting where audio for Autoplay videos is off by default. You will need to enable this setting to fix the behavior.

Sign In

• We've fixed an issue where some users would see the sign in screen go blank and a loading icon indefinitely.

System

Audio
Dolby Access
My Games & Apps
Home (Experiment)
Store

• Some users are reporting issues making in-game purchases in Fortnite.
    • Workaround: Reboot the console and then attempt to make the purchase. If you still see the behavior, make sure and report it from the console.

Voice Commands
  • We've seen reports of users being unable to stream their Xbox console to their Windows PC via the app.
Profile Color

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza

Hey Alpha Skip Ahead ring users! Today's Xbox Insider Release Notes highlight the latest fixes, known issues, and features coming to your console. Starting at 2:00 p.m. PT today, users will receive the latest 2004 Xbox One system update (build: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2004\19008.1207.191024-2300). Keep reading for more details.
System Update Details:
  • OS version released: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2004\19008.1207.191024-2300
  • Available: 2:00 p.m. PT – October 28, 2019
  • Mandatory: 3:00 a.m. PT – October 29, 2019

New Features:

My Games & Apps
When you uninstall a title from your collection, you will now receive a notification if the game is part of a Group or Content Block on the dashboard and offer to remove the pins or content block when you delete the title.

System

Audio
Dolby Access
My Games & Apps
Guide
  • Some users are reporting that the Gold/Game Pass button in the Guide is not responding.
Home (Experiment)
My Games & Apps
  • Uninstalling a title (game/app) fails for some users with the error message "Something Went Wrong". We are aware of this and investigating.
Profile Color

mrglcs

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I noticed in the Insider App a few days ago that there was a question asking if you'd like to be considered to be in the running for the Alpha Skip-Ahead. Maybe they are going to let some more people in. It said that it's not definite that you will be picked if you opt in. I'm in the Preview Beta right now.
I also got that survey and was invited today to join the Alpha Skip-Ahead. Updated the console to the newest version, but I'm not seeing the new dashboard. Am I doing something wrong?

Chick3n

Nov 6, 2018
I also got that survey and was invited today to join the Alpha Skip-Ahead. Updated the console to the newest version, but I'm not seeing the new dashboard. Am I doing something wrong?
Not everyone gets it unfortunately. 33% get the new type A, 33% get new type B and 33% stay on the old dash.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not everyone gets it unfortunately. 33% get the new type A, 33% get new type B and 33% stay on the old dash.

Yeah, I got one of the new dashes, and then they put me back on the old slow one for a couple of weeks, and now I have the one with the four tiles, so I guess that's the A version. I had that one on the Preview Beta and it stayed when I switched over to Skip-Ahead Alpha.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is a minor issue but I could not find the answer anywhere.

I'm I going crazy or has the colour temperature changed on the dashboard over the last week or so? It looks different on my TV

I actually like it more now, but I'd like to know if I'm going crazy or not. Thanks.

jasius

Oct 28, 2017
The new Dashboard is great, I've been in the Group A twice now, the worse part is when they stupidly remove, sure it's only "testing" but if you're not having any issues it really sucks going back to the old awful one. The Group A at least, deemphasizes how gawdy the ads on your paid(if you have gold) home screen looks, which is a good thing.

Don't get too used to it, they'll take it away, I think they should allow you to toggle back if you want it.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza

Hey Alpha Skip Ahead ring users! Today's Xbox Insider Release Notes highlight the latest fixes, known issues, and features coming to your console. Starting at 2:00 p.m. PT today, users will receive the latest 2004 Xbox One system update (build: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2004\19012.1200.191027-2300). Keep reading for more details.
System Update Details:
  • OS version released: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2004\19012.1200.191027-2300
  • Available: 2:00 p.m. PT – October 30, 2019
  • Mandatory: 3:00 a.m. PT – October 31, 2019

New Features:

Console Streaming
The Console Streaming (Preview) is officially rolling out to Alpha Skip-Ahead in the US and UK. For more details take a look at our blog.

Guide
  • Fixed an issue where the Gold/Game Pass button was not working.

System

Audio
Dolby Access
Edge
  • We've received reports that thumbnails on YouTube's website are not loading in the browser.
    • Note: This behavior is due to a change by YouTube and not the browser or console updates.
      • Workaround: Use the Xbox One YouTube app for watching content.
Home (Experiment)
My Games & Apps
  • Uninstalling a title (game/app) fails for some users with the error message "Something Went Wrong". We are aware of this and investigating.
Profile Color

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza

Hey Alpha Skip Ahead ring users! Today's Xbox Insider Release Notes highlight the latest fixes, known issues, and features coming to your console. Starting at 2:00 p.m. PT today, users will receive the latest 2004 Xbox One system update (build: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2004\19014.1200.191030-2300). Keep reading for more details.
System Update Details:
  • OS version released: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2004\19014.1200.191030-2300
  • Available: 2:00 p.m. PT – November 1, 2019
  • Mandatory: 3:00 a.m. PT – November 2, 2019

Home
  • We've fixed an issue where Avatars would not load for users pinned to the dashboard.

Guide

• We've fixed an issue where some users would report the Guide not opening.

Party

• Fixed an issue where users would see duplicate users listed in the overlay.
  • Fixed an issue where users would sometime be unable to invite friend to party chat.

Settings

• Fixed an issue where some users who were testing the Home Experiments and Simplified Settings would lose access when rebooting/restarting the console.

System

Audio
Dolby Access
Edge
  • We've received reports that thumbnails on YouTube's website are not loading in the browser.
    • Note: This behavior is due to a change by YouTube and not the browser or console updates.
Home (Experiment)
  • Users may see the images for ads on the dashboard looking cropped or cutoff.
My Games & Apps
Profile Color

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza

Hey Alpha Skip Ahead ring users! Today's Xbox Insider Release Notes highlight the latest fixes, known issues, and features coming to your console. Starting at 2:00 p.m. PT today, users will receive the latest 2004 Xbox One system update (build: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2004\19015.1200.191031-2300). Keep reading for more details.
System Update Details:
  • OS version released: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2004\19015.1200.191031-2300
  • Available: 2:00 p.m. PT – November 4, 2019
  • Mandatory: 3:00 a.m. PT – November 5, 2019

Party
  • Fixed an issue where users were unable to use Party Chat while playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.
System

Audio
Dolby Access
Edge
Home (Experiment)
  • Users may see the images for ads on the dashboard looking cropped or cutoff.
My Games & Apps
Settings
  • Some users have reported that 3D display mode is not working with supported content.
Profile Color

mrglcs

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
The new Dashboard is great, I've been in the Group A twice now, the worse part is when they stupidly remove, sure it's only "testing" but if you're not having any issues it really sucks going back to the old awful one. The Group A at least, deemphasizes how gawdy the ads on your paid(if you have gold) home screen looks, which is a good thing.

Don't get too used to it, they'll take it away, I think they should allow you to toggle back if you want it.
Wait what, there's different groups? I was wondering why my dash was different than before, but not with the 4 tiles. Guess I'm Group B then?

jasius

Oct 28, 2017
Wait what, there's different groups? I was wondering why my dash was different than before, but not with the 4 tiles. Guess I'm Group B then?

Yup, they don't really communicate these things very well, it's easy enough to have a link from inside the Xbox Insider app on the console to their webpage via MS Edge.

OP
OP
bsigg

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, they don't really communicate these things very well, it's easy enough to have a link from inside the Xbox Insider app on the console to their webpage via MS Edge.

I mean, they did.

What's Next for the Xbox One Home Dashboard

Xbox engineers were performing "AB" experiments in previous releases. This means that a random selection of our Xbox Insider audience received the new changes, while others were the control group with the standard Home experience.

We are doing things a little differently with this next phase, starting with what we call "ABC" experiments. Three groups are randomly selected for two versions of Home experiments, while a third group is our control group.

This new phase starts today, Thursday, October 17th! Xbox Insiders from Alpha and Alpha Skip-Ahead are eligible for these Home experiments and may see the changes with the latest preview update.

• Alpha Skip-Ahead users should update to their latest preview OS build, which will be made available at 2 p.m. PT today, before determining if you have the new Home experience. (Release notes found here.)
  • Alpha's preview update from yesterday has prepared Alpha devices for this new phase. Try power cycling the Xbox One console before determining if you have the new Home experience.
"ABC" Experiments for Home

console_home_EXP3.png

Group A will see four new content blocks for what the twists were previously. This dashboard will look similar to previous Home experiments.

console_home_EXP4_Games-1.png

Group B will have a single button under their main dashboard tile for My Games & Apps, rather than the four content blocks Group A will experience.

Note: Changes to tiles during previous Home experiments do not carry over with new iterations.

Those in Group C (our control group) are just as important in this process! You're providing us data on the current performance of the Xbox One Home dashboard we all see today. Your data shows how successful our work is for you.

Each step we take with the Xbox One Home dashboard allows us to adjust the placement and user-friendliness of buttons and tiles, increase visibility of console features, optimize dashboard and menu commands, and transform Home into the hub for all things Xbox! Groups A and B are chosen at random from select Xbox One Update Preview rings. The Xbox Insider Team cannot influence who is chosen for these feature releases.

OP
OP
bsigg

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Group B looks awful, how does it even work?

You scroll down in the list to the different sections to access Mixer or see a landing page for the store. That's really the biggest difference.

That said, I've been blowing them up with feedback about how the Games and Apps button should be dynamic or something because it looks dumb the way it is now.