• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
DJ Lushious

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry for the tardiness on some of these, as I was away on vacation. I've updated the OP with the following:

American Fugitive
2160p​
Cricket 19
2160p​
HDR​
Golem Gates
2160p​
Minion Masters
2160p​
Neverout
2160p​
Snooker Nation Championship
2160p​
HDR​
Team Sonic Racing
2160p, 60fps w/drops​

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Just wanted to drop in and say that RDR on a 1X has been an excellent experience. The clarity at 4K is really something, especially in a game with such wide-open vistas, and where enemies and other targets are sometimes far off in the distance.

Kratos2013

Jan 25, 2018
DJ Lushious Thank you for the updates; and to ghibli99 RDR on the X really is an amazing experience. Sometimes I just ride around the maps enjoying the views. Kind of my new relaxing thing to do in both the first one and the second one, lol.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Man, Portal would have been so nice w/ 60fps on 1X. 4K is nice, but the framerate is all over the place. :(

OP
OP
DJ Lushious

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Happy E3! I've updated the OP with the following:

===============================================================
nsKY.jpg
XBOX ONE ENHANCED
nsKn.jpg

Omensight
2160p​
Party Golf
2160p​
Supermarket Shriek
2160p​

nsK0.gif
XBOX 360 ENHANCED
nsK0.gif

Banjo-Kazooie
2160p​
Kameo: Elements of Power
2160p​
Banjo-Tooie
2160p​
2160p​
Perfect Dark
2160p​
Perfect Dark Zero
2160p​
Viva Piñata
2160p, cutscenes are uncapped​
Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise
2160p​

nsKG.gif
OG XBOX ENHANCED
nsKG.gif

Armed and Dangerous
1920p
16:9​
Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb
1920p
4:3​
Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy
1920p
Splinter Cell
1920p
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow
1920p
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
1920p
Splinter Cell: Double Agent
1920p
Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict
1920p

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Great work once again DJ Lushious

Played a bit of Unreal Championship 2 last night, it's insane how much this resolution boost made the game more playable. I always hated how washed out it looked compared to UT2003/2004 I'd play on PC back in the day at high resolutions. Now the game is "fixed".

ZbkZOpZ.jpg

OP
OP
DJ Lushious

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Chaos Theory is 16x9 (with underscan) for single player. Only multiplayer is 4:3.

I believe Double Agent is the same as well.
When I was punching this up I could have swore I had played Chaos Theory in 16:9, but I couldn't find anything to corroborate that. And my memory's poor, so I've learned not to trust it. 😜

I'll update the OP.

Great work once again DJ Lushious

Played a bit of Unreal Championship 2 last night, it's insane how much this resolution boost made the game more playable. I always hated how washed out it looked compared to UT2003/2004 I'd play on PC back in the day at high resolutions. Now the game is "fixed".
I really want to run through the Splinter Cell games again now. That last time I would have played any of them was at launch and I loved them to death at the time. I'm curious to see how they look in 1920p. I don't know how the graphics hold up, but I'd think the gameplay and level design still does.

Any information on Void Bastards? It looks like it should be able to run at 4K60 on X with no problems.
It's not X Enhanced. 😞

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Happy E3! I've updated the OP with the following:

nsKY.jpg
XBOX ONE ENHANCED
nsKn.jpg

Omensight
2160p​
Party Golf
2160p​
Supermarket Shriek
2160p​

nsK0.gif
XBOX 360 ENHANCED
nsK0.gif

Banjo-Kazooie
2160p​
2160p​
Banjo-Tooie
2160p​
2160p​
Perfect Dark
2160p​
Perfect Dark Zero
2160p​
Viva Piñata
2160p, cutscenes are uncapped​
Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise
2160p​

nsKG.gif
OG XBOX ENHANCED
nsKG.gif

Armed and Dangerous
1920p
Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb
1920p
Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy
1920p
Splinter Cell
1920p
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow
1920p
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
1920p
Splinter Cell: Double Agent
1920p
Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict
1920p
Are we sure PDZ and Kameo sre 2160p? Both games were sub-720p on 360.

OP
OP
DJ Lushious

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
I am definitely not sure. I tried to find something definitive on PDZ yesterday and came up empty handed. If you find something, please do post it here.

I know PD:Z was 640p so it'll be 1920p on the X.

I don't remember folk complaining about the missing "Ps" for Kameo though. Maybe that was 720p?

Last edited:
OP
OP
DJ Lushious

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
I am playing the original Splinter Cell right now and it doesn't seem like it's running 60fps, but it also doesn't feel like it's 30fps. Somewhere in between, maybe? I am just on the training mission, though.

I know PD:Z was 640p so it'll be 1920p on the X.

I don't remember folk complaining about the missing "Ps" for Kameo though. Maybe that was 720p?
I corrected the OP.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Trying out Kameo (download version) and got a warning saying the disc may be dirty or damaged. Wut?

Restarting anyhow so I can see if anything is difference with performance mode.

Update: After starting the game, the dirty disc error went away. Performance is unlocked, but hi-res just looks so damn clean.

Tried out Banjo Nuts & Bolts. These resolution upgrades are straight up witchcraft. It looks so good.

Last edited:

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Has the BC team ever made a 360 game that was 30 fps a 60 fps game?

Ghost Recon AW ended up having a 60 fps cap, but that was a particular behavior of their engine, not something the BC team changed. I'm under the impression it's not something that's feasible to do for a variety of reasons (without compromising any digital copies of the games on OG Xbox/360).

Last edited:
OP
OP
DJ Lushious

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Happy Xbox One X Enhanced Title Release Day! I have updated the OP with the following. As always, please do let me know of any inaccuracies.

Another Sight
2160p​
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
2160p​
Doodle God: Evolution
2160p​
Hexologic
2160p​
Queen's Quest 3: The End of Dawn
2160p​
Verlent Swing
2160p​

Silent Disco

Oct 26, 2017
USA
@DJ Lushious
on my xbox one x i was looking in the store at top paid games and noticed under the "Capabilities" filter list;
  • 4K Ultra HD (255)
  • Xbox One X Enhanced (236)
games can now be 4K and not enhanced?
Bloodstained listed with 4K capabilities but not being an "enhanced" title being such an example.
is this new? maybe i'm remembering poorly and this has always been the case.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
Has the BC team ever made a 360 game that was 30 fps a 60 fps game?
If the framerate isn't capped at 30 then it should but I don't think they can just flip a switch to make it run at 60 if it's locked at 30. Even if they could it's probably not a good idea, some games tie game logic to the frame rate.

Atisha

Banned
Nov 28, 2017
Ghost Recon AW ended up having a 60 fps cap, but that was a particular behavior of their engine, not something the BC team changed. I'm under the impression it's not something that's feasible to do for a variety of reasons (without compromising any digital copies of the games on OG Xbox/360).
If the framerate isn't capped at 30 then it should but I don't think they can just flip a switch to make it run at 60 if it's locked at 30. Even if they could it's probably not a good idea, some games tie game logic to the frame rate.

So something like GTA4 for 360, which iirc ran uncapped framerate. Make sense.

OP
OP
DJ Lushious

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
@DJ Lushious
on my xbox one x i was looking in the store at top paid games and noticed under the "Capabilities" filter list;
  • 4K Ultra HD (255)
  • Xbox One X Enhanced (236)
games can now be 4K and not enhanced?
Bloodstained listed with 4K capabilities but not being an "enhanced" title being such an example.
is this new? maybe i'm remembering poorly and this has always been the case.
That's a great observation! I can only think of 2 scenarios that this could occur. The one you listed, where titles do support up to 4K on the S model or clerical mistakes. Using your example of Bloodstained, though, it's listed in the Microsoft Xbox Enhanced list, so I'm wagering it's the latter.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone comparednthe x versus the pro on bloodstained? My purchase will be influenced on that

OP
OP
DJ Lushious

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
I've been playing through the original Splinter Cell and guddamn, what an upgrade! It's quite impressive that that game did with lighting and shadows for its time.

Do we know if Crash Team Racing is 4K on X?
I've been waiting on some concrete information concerning CTR before I update the OP. So far, I've not found anything.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Not sure but it certainly doesn't look sharp, ambient occlusion is super low resolution as well with a lot of shimmering. The game looks disappointingly bad unfortunately and has extremely long loading screens. Makes it even more confusing why it's not 60FPS

The visuals are actually damn good, not sure how it's even close to disappointingly bad even for 30fps. The disappointment is that it is likely another Spyro situation where the X version is basically the same as PS4 Pro.

XxLeonV

Nov 8, 2017
The visuals are actually damn good, not sure how it's even close to disappointingly bad even for 30fps. The disappointment is that it is likely another Spyro situation where the X version is basically the same as PS4 Pro.

Music to my ears since I couldn't wait for the comparison vids. I went with a PS4 copy hoping that I wouldn't hear that the X1X version was vastly superior.

I checked out videos on both versions and although Youtube compression makes it difficult as shit to see, I think both are sitting around the 1440p area.

Edit: Didn't realize VGtech's video was out. Looks like I made the right choice then.

Last edited:

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Apparently CTR has better AO and tessellation compared to the Pro which is marginally better than being completely identical I suppose.

OP
OP
DJ Lushious

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
It's a paltry round of X Enhanced titles this week. I've updated the OP with the following:

Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled
1440p
Increased AO and tesselation.​
Monster Jam Steel TItans
2160p​
Samurai Showdown
2160p​