• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
DJ Lushious

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
I started Darksiders: Wamastered Edition over the weekend. I am loving that 4K 60fps! It's been 9 years or since I played Darksiders (at launch), so it's nice to get a refresher. It's still a great game that holds up well, imo.

Darksiders 2 will follow, once I beat the original. Now that game I've never played. Is it 60fps, as well?

I assume both of these are 60fps on base console, as well?

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I started Darksiders: Wamastered Edition over the weekend. I am loving that 4K 60fps! It's been 9 years or since I played Darksiders (at launch), so it's nice to get a refresher. It's still a great game that holds up well, imo.

Darksiders 2 will follow, once I beat the original. Now that game I've never played. Is it 60fps, as well?

I assume both of these are 60fps on base console, as well?
DARKSIDERS 2 is 2160p at 30 fps on Xbox One X. D1 is 60 fps on base Xbox, while D2 is 30.

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unexpected, but I can live with 30fps. If Darksiders 2 is anything like Darksiders, then I'm sure I'm going to have a blast and marvel at how great the game looks in 4K.
It does look better than D1, both from an artistic and technological pov. I I played the enhanced version of D2 when I had a PS4 Pro and it didn't perform well on plenty of occassions.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
No, unfortunately. And don't even get me started on Crash Team Racing...

I knew it! When I fired that game up last week and saw the aliasing and noticed it really wasn't all that crisp. No plans at all for a X patch either?

This is why I'm so glad MS is sticking with ONE console next gen, no more of these patches that are needed for the more "premium" system.

OP
OP
DJ Lushious

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
I've updated the OP with the following. I'm not certain about F1 2019, and I couldn't find anything concrete, so I went with what the previous titles have been. Consider it "tentative."

F1 2019 Anniversary Edition
2160c​
HDR​
Irony Curtain: From Matryoshka with Love
2160p​
Shadow Fender Theatre
2160p​
HDR​
War Tech Fighters
2160p​

OP
OP
DJ Lushious

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
I've updated the OP with the following:

Blast Zone! Tournament
2160p
VRR​
Duck Life: Battle
2160p​
Fishing Planet
2160p​
Grass Cutter - Mutated Lawns
2160p​
Initial2: New Stage
2160p​
OVIVO
2160p​
Streets of Rogue
2160p​

OP
OP
DJ Lushious

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
I'm referring to parity with the PlayStation 4 Pro. The decision to develop only for the common denominator and then port it over isn't a decision I like. Beenox have their reasons, of course, so all I can do is grumble about it.

Youngblood may offer more improvements than resolution alone (or may not), but 4K is the only information I could find with confidence. I've updated the OP with the following:

Pawarumi
2160p​
Redeemer - Enhanced Edition
2160p​
Wolfenstein: Youngblood
2160p​

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I'm referring to parity with the PlayStation 4 Pro. The decision to develop only for the common denominator and then port it over isn't a decision I like. Beenox have their reasons, of course, so all I can do is grumble about it.

Youngblood may offer more improvements than resolution alone (or may not), but 4K is the only information I could find with confidence. I've updated the OP with the following:

Pawarumi
2160p​
Redeemer - Enhanced Edition
2160p​
Wolfenstein: Youngblood
2160p​
You put Wolfenstein in the 360 section :D

baconcow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Missing Borderlands: Handsome Jack Collection. I believe it is 4k, 60 fps, but I cannot confirm and am not sure if it is dynamic resolution. From playing it a bunch, it definitely doesn't hold the 60 fps and, with some weapon effects while zooming, the frame rate tanks. Some people have claimed it runs worse than pre-patch, on the Xbox One X.

OP
OP
DJ Lushious

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
You put Wolfenstein in the 360 section :D
Ha! Thanks for the lookout. I've updated the OP.
Missing Borderlands: Handsome Jack Collection. I believe it is 4k, 60 fps, but I cannot confirm and am not sure if it is dynamic resolution. From playing it a bunch, it definitely doesn't hold the 60 fps and, with some weapon effects while zooming, the frame rate tanks. Some people have claimed it runs worse than pre-patch, on the Xbox One X.
It's there, but under "The Handsome Collection." Which, in hindsight, is not the best label. I've changed it to "Borderlands: The Handsome Collection." I've also included your framerate drop observation.

I'm playing through Darksiders 2 right now and it, too, can drop framerate some times. I've updated its record to indicate that, as well.

I have made the following changes to the OP:

The Division 2
2160p
HDR
VRR
Pks1.png

The Handsome Collection
Borderlands 2: 2160p
Increased texture resolution, character, weapon and vehicle models, improved AA, increased shadow resolution, cinematics re-encoded.
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel: 2160p
Same as Borderlands 2.
HDR
Warface
2160p
HDR

Thanks, you're always so quick on finding news like this.

The Division 2 does, indeed, have Dolby Atmos support. Thanks for bringing that to my attention; I don't know how I missed that, but I am super stoked that there's one more Atmos title out there.

Deleted member 50735

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Is A Plague Tale: Innocence 1440P or 2160P? One site says it uses a reconstruction technique but DF mentioned 1440P...
EDIT: OK, it appears its using 1440P and some form of upscaling.

Last edited:

baconcow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still surprised that GTA V has not been enhanced, yet. Even if there focused on a new game or the online, setting the game to 1080p and unlocking the Xbox One X capability would be nice. They have updated a lot of the iOS games, in the past year or so.

OP
OP
DJ Lushious

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
I'm frustrated with darksiders 2 on PS4 Pro. It is NOT a stable 30 at all. Is the X version locked 30 and not stutter-tearing? I'll purchase it again if so
Darksiders 2, I'd say, is mostly stable at 30fps and I have not encountered screen-tearing. Screen-tearing is the biggest offender for me and it drives me crazy, so I can confidently say it is not in the X1X version.

Now Darksiders 2 does drop frame rate at times, but it's not often. One time I had it drop into the teens (my guess) and it made no sense where I was at in the game, but once I closed an app that was asleep the game returned to normal. So, keep that in mind.

All in all, I am really impressed how clean the game looks and the art style never gets old. Yeah, I'd rather it be 4K/60fps like Darksiders 1 is (made even more jarring that I played through Darksiders 1 again before jumping to 2), but I am enjoying myself nonetheless,

It's not shown as X enhanced, but it does run at full 4K. John tweeted about it, and I tried it myself, and he's right. It looks fantastic.
Just to reinforce this post with receipt

Thanks for the heads-up! I've updated the OP with the following:

Doom 3
2160p​

OP
OP
DJ Lushious

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
I've updated the OP with the following titles that release this week:

Madden NFL 20
2160p
HDR​
Meow Motors
2160p​
The Church in the Darkness
2160p​
The Tower of Beatrice
2160p​

Deleted member 14927

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Had a brief moment of excitement when I saw an update for Alan Wake, even though the Xbox one X enhanced patches have been out on hiatus. Hoping against hope itself....

Sadly it wasn't an X patch

Chuck

Oct 25, 2017
I just loaded up Outer Wilds on an Xbox One X in 4K. Severe frame rate issues now (I'll try to upload a clip) and no apparent way to adjust resolution in game.

PLEASE JUST GIVE US A 1080p MODE WITH UNLOCKED FRAMERATE

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
Dragon Age: Inquisition received a small patch recently. No idea what it does but it's not an enhancement update unfortunately.

Fastidioso

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I'm frustrated with darksiders 2 on PS4 Pro. It is NOT a stable 30 at all. Is the X version locked 30 and not stutter-tearing? I'll purchase it again if so
Uh. Never had any fps problem with it. Maybe you have the shadow toggle setting at the max resolution? It's the only way to have unstable fps on Pro. Otherwise game is practically 30fps locked on my console. don't think there is an update on the X. In any case this game still runs 1080p with Pro patch.

Last edited:

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Uh. Never had any fps problem with it. Maybe you have the shadow toggle setting at the max resolution? It's the only way to have unstable fps on Pro. Otherwise game is practically 30fps locked on my console. don't think there is an update on the X. In any case this game still runs 1080p with Pro patch.

Hmm maybe I do have that selected I honestly have no idea, but I will check it out thanks!
I just realized I also own this on Steam so I wonder if I can getting it running well on there? I May try it :)

Fastidioso

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
It's cool that they did it, but those drops are bad. Picked it back up last night and several areas I explored had to be in the low teens.
I don't get it this obession to push the X to the max resolution possible. Too many games did this, the last two TR, Evil Within, Hitman at the fps cost. I think a lower resolution with more stable fps is the best compromise. I don't know why some developers prioritize higher res to the fps stability. Not make sense considered the high pixel density beyond 1440p. Though would be interesting if DF put some light in such stuff just to understand if there were better alternative.

Last edited:

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
I don't get it this obession to push the X to the max resolution possible. Too many games did this, the last two TR, Evil Within, Hitman at the fps cost. I think a lower resolution with more stable fps is the best compromise. I don't know why some developers prioritize higher res to the fps stability. Not make sense considered the high pixel density beyond 1440p. Though would be interesting if DF put some light in such stuff just to understand if there were better alternative.

What I don't get about it is what standards for testing these changes go through at a studio level. Just flying from planet to planet would have demonstrated the performance impact, and generally, I was under the impression that that the industry as a whole was standardized around at least the idea of 30 stable fps (Not to say there aren't exceptions obviously). It just seems like someone should have looked at this, and the other games you listed and said, "Hey, this isn't good enough, let's work on this." As far as I know, there's no mandate for these patches, so why put them out in a half-baked state?

Fastidioso

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
What I don't get about it is what standards for testing these changes go through at a studio level. Just flying from planet to planet would have demonstrated the performance impact, and generally, I was under the impression that that the industry as a whole was standardized around at least the idea of 30 stable fps (Not to say there aren't exceptions obviously). It just seems like someone should have looked at this, and the other games you listed and said, "Hey, this isn't good enough, let's work on this." As far as I know, there's no mandate for these patches, so why put them out in a half-baked state?
Keep low cost I guess.