• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fastidioso

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Doesn't answer the quest though. They aren't getting paid for the patch as far as we know except to drive interest. And I can't imagine a patch like this drives much interest to begin with. So if they intend to fix it, what was their incentive to push it out in a bad state?
There is nothing of mysterious about such stuff. Maybe their engine doesn't scale very well between the two different xbox sku and they haven't considered to test the update more deeply before the release just for time/costs constraints.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DJ Lushious

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
I have updated the OP with the following titles that release this week:

Ancestors Legacy
2160p​
Remnant: From the Ashes
2160p​
The Forbidden Arts
2160p
HDR​

OP
OP
DJ Lushious

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
I'm super stoked to see what enhancements Control will have. Ever since Max Payne I've been there day one for Remedy's games (remember the Mad Onion 3DMark demo of Max Payne? I watched it so many times in anticipation!). Next week also brings us Supermassive's next game, which is being touted as 4K with HDR on the Microsoft Store.

But next week is not this weeks sadly. So, I have updated the OP with the following titles for this week:

FIA European Truck Racing Championship Day One Edition
2160p​
RAD
UNKNOWN​
Vigor
2160p​
Whipseey and the Lost Atlas
2160p​

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Generation Zero is now the free play days game, did anyone try it? It's supposed to be X enhanced but I'm not seeing it at all. It's a shame because at times it can look rather nice but due to low resolution, especially visible on a larger screen, aliasing, blurry visuals really ruin it.

W.S.

Honest Work
Oct 28, 2017
I'm super stoked to see what enhancements Control will have. Ever since Max Payne I've been there day one for Remedy's games (remember the Mad Onion 3DMark demo of Max Payne? I watched it so many times in anticipation!). Next week also brings us Supermassive's next game, which is being touted as 4K with HDR on the Microsoft Store.

But next week is not this weeks sadly. So, I have updated the OP with the following titles for this week:

FIA European Truck Racing Championship Day One Edition
2160p​
RAD
UNKNOWN​
Vigor
2160p​
Whipseey and the Lost Atlas
2160p​
RAD seems hard to peg, I'm guessing either 1400/1800p or something beacuse it's not as sharp as full 4K game unless there's some sort of weird filter or post processing going on.

OP
OP
DJ Lushious

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
This week is stacked with X Enhanced titles! I've updated the OP with the following:

Agent A: A Puzzle in Disguise
2160p​
Blair Witch
2160p​
Control
UNKNOWN​
Newt One
2160p​
Path of Sin: Greed
2160p​
The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man Of Medan
2160p
HDR​
Vambrace: Cold Soul
2160p​

Dusktildawn48

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
St. Louis
This week is stacked with X Enhanced titles! I've updated the OP with the following:

Agent A: A Puzzle in Disguise
2160p​
Blair Witch
2160p​
Control
UNKNOWN​
Newt One
2160p​
Path of Sin: Greed
2160p​
The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man Of Medan
2160p​
HDR​
Vambrace: Cold Soul
2160p​
Blair witch is gamepass correct? If so I'll be downloading that for sure.

Deleted member 17630

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I sold my Xbox One X to buy stuff for my PC and I really haven't enjoyed PC gaming that much and miss my Xbox like crazy. I have the Gears of War XB1X preordered but it's so late in the game to drop $500 on a new console when they've already announced the new one is coming next year. That and most of my friends play on PS4 which I have but I'm not crazy about the controller since I've been an Xbox fan since like 2003 and it just doesn't feel very good in my hands. I'm at a loss of what to do. The GoW XB1X is a really pretty console though....

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I sold my Xbox One X to buy stuff for my PC and I really haven't enjoyed PC gaming that much and miss my Xbox like crazy. I have the Gears of War XB1X preordered but it's so late in the game to drop $500 on a new console when they've already announced the new one is coming next year. That and most of my friends play on PS4 which I have but I'm not crazy about the controller since I've been an Xbox fan since like 2003 and it just doesn't feel very good in my hands. I'm at a loss of what to do. The GoW XB1X is a really pretty console though....

I've got a weird cross-mix going on between my 1X and a recent laptop that makes it harder to choose where I'll play specific games. I really can't deny the draw of the simplicity of my 1X setup, even in games I know there would be definite advantages for on the laptop. So far it's just meant I get to choose my preference, but I can easily imagine that shifting into a "too many choices" freeze.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Blair witch doesnt look 4k and the performance is awful.

Exactly! I fired it up and it just doesn't look that crisp at all, I'm in the woods now and it just looks rather soft, and like you said... the performance....

I don't get why these devs just can't seem to get that right. Layers of Fear and Observer were like this too, bummer.

ZSJ

Alt-Account
Banned
Jul 21, 2019
Exactly! I fired it up and it just doesn't look that crisp at all, I'm in the woods now and it just looks rather soft, and like you said... the performance....

I don't get why these devs just can't seem to get that right. Layers of Fear and Observer were like this too, bummer.
Not all devs are created equal. I wish every game on XB1X looked/ran as good as Forza Horizon 4 but not even 1% of the games do.

But honestly they should be commended for even having 1X support at all. I feel like half the games added to Gamepass, especially indies, only support the pleb base model.

OP
OP
DJ Lushious

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
As always, these are subjective to change as we get more information (I'm looking at you, Gears of War 5!), but I have updated the OP with the following:

Creature in the Well
2160p​
eFootball PES 2020
2160p​
HDR​
Gears 5
2160p Dyn
HDR​
VRR​
Pks1.png
Greedfall
UNKNOWN​
NBA 2K20
2160p​
HDR​
Torchlight 2
2160p​
WRC 8 FIA World Rally Championship
2160p​

Last edited:

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
I am eagerly looking forward to Gears 5. I got a gaming PC figuring I'd play all MS titles there, but without a 4K monitor (and having a 4K TV), the promise of 4K60 (or close to it) is hard to pass up.

If it holds 4K the majority of the time it'll be nothing short of an astonishing achievement, IMO.

OP
OP
DJ Lushious

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Xbox Wire lists Final Fantasy VIII Remastered as "Xbox One X Enhanced", but that's the only mention I see of it being so; the Microsoft Store doesn't list as much.

You and me both! Ultimate Game Pass subscribers should have access to it Friday morning, right? Though on the Microsoft Store it says it unlocks 09.05 at 8:00 PM. Oh, I hope that remains true!

According to some update from last week, Ultimate is available at 9pm local time on Thursday.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
I wonder if it's something to do with the videos

The videos have gamma mismatched even in SDR so I'm not sure if that's the reason.
I wonder if the game hasn't been made in a linear space, it appeared to be rendering relatively early with gamma correction applied

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Xbox Wire lists Final Fantasy VIII Remastered as "Xbox One X Enhanced", but that's the only mention I see of it being so; the Microsoft Store doesn't list as much.

You and me both! Ultimate Game Pass subscribers should have access to it Friday morning, right? Though on the Microsoft Store it says it unlocks 09.05 at 8:00 PM. Oh, I hope that remains true!
X and XII weren't listed as X Enhanced when they came out either despite being so. Though not sure if it really matters considering how low resolution the backgrounds are.

OP
OP
DJ Lushious

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
I have updated the OP with the following releases. I'm especially looking forward to finding out more about what Borderlands 3 will bring to the table.

Borderlands 3
2160p
HDR​
eFootball PES 2020
2160p
HDR​
Light Fairytale Episode 1
UNKNOWN
HDR​
NHL 20
2160p​