• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wordstar

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Games not having X Enhanced labels is really frustrating. I figured before the X came out every new game would be enhanced and I'd never have to worry about this.

In my opinion microsoft and sony not making devs support for the mid gen refresh konsoles is what realy sucks for the customer.
If i were in charge it would have to be mandatory to have enhanced support for these systems. I wouldnt let Devs choose to do it or leave it.
They want to be on the plattform then make rules they have to follow. I already see myself sitting here with xbox scarlet and ps5 not knowing which
games are in 4k or 1080p... This has to stop !!! It sucks big time !!!

OP
OP
DJ Lushious

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Saw that the box for Frostpunk says is Xbox One X enhanced, but don't see anything on the site about it.
That was one I was surprised to see it lacking any X Enhancements. I couldn't find any mention of it anywhere, either.

I had no idea Modern Warfare was an Atmos title. It is, in my opinion, the reference game for Atmos. I'm continually stunned at how great the sound design is. I'll update the OP with this when I get in front of a computer.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Huh. Just found out The Witness is not X enhanced in anyway.

Does anyone know if it runs better at least? The base version on my friends Xbox really drops frames in the most basic places at times.

Wordstar

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Frozenbyte awnsered my email saying trine 4 does support xbox one x. I already bought the game now so this is good to hear.

The game has an agressiv dynamic resolution. What would you guys need to pixel count?
Would 4k png screenshots do? Or should i capture a 4k video with One X?

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Frozenbyte awnsered my email saying trine 4 does support xbox one x. I already bought the game now so this is good to hear.

The game has an agressiv dynamic resolution. What would you guys need to pixel count?
Would 4k png screenshots do? Or should i capture a 4k video with One X?
What email did you use? I'm curious about all the other Trine games too.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
random question but idk where else to ask this. Does anyone else's xbox just randomly spin up? Like out of nowhere the fan goes ...wwwwwwhhirrrrrr, and then stops. Like maybe only once or twice a day when I'm there. Technically it could be anything else, but it's the only thing I know of that has power sitting behind my monitor. The whir is too short and too rare for me to move over and listen if that's truly it, but I dont' see what else it could be.

Does the thing just random spin because its still detecting small amounts of heat? Or is this just like a precautionary fan test? Like I have no idea.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
random question but idk where else to ask this. Does anyone else's xbox just randomly spin up? Like out of nowhere the fan goes ...wwwwwwhhirrrrrr, and then stops. Like maybe only once or twice a day when I'm there. Technically it could be anything else, but it's the only thing I know of that has power sitting behind my monitor. The whir is too short and too rare for me to move over and listen if that's truly it, but I dont' see what else it could be.

Does the thing just random spin because its still detecting small amounts of heat? Or is this just like a precautionary fan test? Like I have no idea.
Do you have background updates turned on in settings? You'll hear it kick on if it detects an update for a game it needs to start downloading.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
giphy.gif

I think my first game is going to be REmake 2.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017

Never noticed this while sitting on dashboard or randomly in any games. The only game that i noticed the fans going a bit faster was Gears 5.

Wordstar

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Well I haven't had any games I know of getting updates, and I never get any kind of notification about that kind of thing. It only lasts like two seconds too.

My Fans just kicked on while in standby the other night. Was sitting on the couch talking to a friend when sudenly the fan went on for a second.
Istantly my friend said... ok phil... what are you up to again now :-D

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Well I haven't had any games I know of getting updates, and I never get any kind of notification about that kind of thing. It only lasts like two seconds too.
Yeah they generally don't tell you of an update other than the notifications (I believe) after you boot up the consoie. I've never heard mine considering my music or wearing a headset drowns the possible sounds out. But sounds like instant On to me.

OP
OP
DJ Lushious

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
I have updated the OP with the following additions/updates:

Bee Simulator
2160p
HDR​
Citadel: Forged with Fire
2160p
HDR​
Need for Speed Heat
2160c Dyn (2160-1782)
HDR​
STURMWIND EX
2160p​
Tanky Tanks
2160p
HDR​
The Lord of the Rings: Adventure Card Game
2160p​
The Outer Worlds
2160p w/drops Dyn (2160p-1512p)​
Wreckfest
2160p​
Yaga
2160p​

Just got it in the mail! Gonna set up tomorrow, install REmake 2 and play all weekend.
How did that weekend of bliss go?

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
Man, why can't they enhance the Crysis trilogy?
A better question is why EA hasn't bothered remastering those games for consoles? I think the trilogy would sell decent numbers.

Wreckfest
2160p​
Is this confirmed? I played the game post update and it looked noticeably improved, but I wouldn't say it looked native 4K to me.

OP
OP
DJ Lushious

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
A better question is why EA hasn't bothered remastering those games for consoles? I think the trilogy would sell decent numbers.

Is this confirmed? I played the game post update and it looked noticeably improved, but I wouldn't say it looked native 4K to me.
Yep! Rumenapp linked Bugbear Games' blog post detailing it last week.

Apparently Wreckfest was updated to higher resolutions on X in the latest update

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
Yep! Rumenapp linked Bugbear Games' blog post detailing it last week.
Yeah, I wouldn't take that as a statement of fact. A lot of developers talk of 4K "support" in generic terms, and don't always mean native 4K.

For example, here is the PS4 post about the same patch, where they also talk about the Pro rendering in 4K resolution. Problem is I have the game on both platforms, and I can say with certainty the Pro version looks less sharp than the XB1X version. So I think they're just generically calling higher resolutions "4K' here, and I'm not convinced the X is native 4K either. My guess is the Pro is at 1440p, and the X is at 1800p, but admittedly that's just my rough guess based on seeing these resolutions in other games.

OP
OP
DJ Lushious

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I wouldn't take that as a statement of fact. A lot of developers talk of 4K "support" in generic terms, and don't always mean native 4K
You're preaching to the choir here. If you can concretely prove it's 1800p, or post some good PNG pictures (preferable with sharp edges) for someone to pixel-count, then I'll happily change it. For now, the only information I have available is what the dev says.

This has forever been the challenge of curating a list like this. Information is not always available, is muddied, or changes over time. As such, there's going to be an inherent margin of error in my list.

Here are 4k Trine 4 Screenshots. It would be nice if someone could pixelcount these. But remember its dynamic resolution so probably different for each shot.

Wowzers, that is a pretty game! Is it possible ibb.co is still compressing those PNG files? That or the AA solution is crazy good in Trine 4.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH

Bee Simulator
2160p​
HDR​
Citadel: Forged with Fire
2160p​
HDR​
Need for Speed Heat
2160c Dyn (2160-1782)​
HDR​
STURMWIND EX
2160p​
Tanky Tanks
2160p​
HDR​
The Lord of the Rings: Adventure Card Game
2160p​
The Outer Worlds
2160p w/drops Dyn (2160p-1512p)​
Wreckfest
2160p​
Yaga
2160p​

How did that weekend of bliss go?
Honestly, I totally forgot. :-/ I was so busy!

Tomorrow it's going down, though. I'm pretty much gonna spend saturday, sunday and monday gaming on my new One X. I forgot I had Monday off and i'm so relieved to finally have some time to myself to play games and just relax.

Also, what other games do you suggest? I've got REmake 2 and I thinking of re-subcribing to GamePass so I can play around with a few different titles and see what this machine can do. I really wanna play Hellblade.

Last edited:

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
You're preaching to the choir here. If you can concretely prove it's 1800p, or post some good PNG pictures (preferable with sharp edges) for someone to pixel-count, then I'll happily change it. For now, the only information I have available is what the dev says.

This has forever been the challenge of curating a list like this. Information is not always available, is muddied, or changes over time. As such, there's going to be an inherent margin of error in my list.
Yeah. I understand. Wasn't criticizing your efforts here, just sharing that I'm skeptical it's 4K native.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
REmake 2 finally installed. Been playing DMCV in the meantime. It's so pretty. The last DMC I played was DMC3(about 10 years ago) and I never even finished it.

I also played Gears 5 but found it too boring and the dialogue to be unbearable.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So what are the best looking BC games?

Even better if they're on GamePass.

Also any co-op ones.
In addition to NG2 and RDR, Gears of War 2 and 3 look absolutely incredible. Final Fantasy XIII as well. And DOOM 3.

I think Gears 3 in particular is probably the single most impressive looking BC game though. It honestly looks current gen:

48115257306_8e8d7f9d81_o.png

48115286083_61cc456f6f_o.png

48115346897_3b9448cc8d_o.png

Nov 30, 2018
In addition to NG2 and RDR, Gears of War 2 and 3 look absolutely incredible. Final Fantasy XIII as well. And DOOM 3.

I think Gears 3 in particular is probably the single most impressive looking BC game though. It honestly looks current gen:

48115257306_8e8d7f9d81_o.png

48115286083_61cc456f6f_o.png

48115346897_3b9448cc8d_o.png

Me and my buddy are gonna play through all the Gears again.

Brings back memories of playing til 5am beating them. Good times.

also that looks incredible

did they bring back co op for Doom 3?

Geist 6one7

Oct 29, 2017
MASS
REmake 2 finally installed. Been playing DMCV in the meantime. It's so pretty. The last DMC I played was DMC3(about 10 years ago) and I never even finished it.

I also played Gears 5 but found it too boring and the dialogue to be unbearable.
For me, DMCV on XB1X is the definitive version simply because you can style switch with Dante by using the paddles on an Elite controller. Truly a game changer imo.

OP
OP
DJ Lushious

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
I've updated the OP with the following.

Need for Speed Heat
2160c Dyn (2160-1782)
Increased LoD, motion blur, shadows, AO
HDR​
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
Quality: 1440p, 30fps w/drops
Performance: 1080p, unlocked framerate (45-50fps, avg)
HDR
VRR​
Tokyo Warfare Turbo
UNKNOWN​
Valfaris
2160p​
Woven the Game
"A much higher resolution [than base]"​