• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Petran

Oct 29, 2017
I already have gamepass
Really? I bought the legacy edition for $24 at bestbuy, not sure if I keep it or not
1 congrats on your new toy
2 you should return titanfall 2 and cod old pack (there's a demo of enhanced IW on marketplace, still looks-plays pretty much old gen compared to ww2),
and just get ea access (different beast than gamepass) and cod ww2 for maximum damage, my 2c's.
have fun!

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
Really? I bought the legacy edition for $24 at bestbuy, not sure if I keep it or not
Well for all I know the game could have been patched since Digital Foundry covered the game, and they never showed the MP side of the game, maybe that ran better than the single player. But yeah COD4 has no X support, which is strange since they patched IW. I'll leave some links bellow, so you can see the game for yourself. Infinite warfare is a game worth playing though, the single player is one of the better ones in recent years. Both Titanfall and IW have very good SP.

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jumped on a Newegg deal a week ago and got Titanfall 2 for $4.50 delivered. Already have it on PS4 but figured at that price it was worth double dipping. So I'm playing multiplayer on my X and the framerate is far from solid. Really disappointing as I don't recall the game having drops on my PS4 Pro.

Single player runs great and looks very sharp, but in every multi match I'm regularly noticing the framerate dipping below 60 just a bit.

Oct 27, 2017
I do wonder when we will get information about Far Cry 5's details? Only about a month away from release, and I'm curious to know what the actual resolution will be and what other enhancements may be offered.

OP
OP
DJ Lushious

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Jumped on a Newegg deal a week ago and got Titanfall 2 for $4.50 delivered. Already have it on PS4 but figured at that price it was worth double dipping. So I'm playing multiplayer on my X and the framerate is far from solid. Really disappointing as I don't recall the game having drops on my PS4 Pro.

Single player runs great and looks very sharp, but in every multi match I'm regularly noticing the framerate dipping below 60 just a bit.
I can update the OP, but can others corroborate this? Unfortunately, I own the game on the PS4.

W.S.

Honest Work
Oct 28, 2017
Namco being reluctant to go back and renovate Tekken 7 has no bearing on future titles in my view. Ten bucks says SC6 has X1X support out of the gate. Any takers? :)
Hey I'd love to be proven wrong and hope Namco puts more effort into their future titles like Soul Calibur but given Japanese support for the X so far I'm not too convinced.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I doubt Overwatch specifically looks massively better on PC compared to the 1X. At its peak the X1X is pretty close to a high end PC that just has to run everything at 30fps.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Lol, the ps4 version was cheaper, only $4 bucks, the Xbox was $7.5.

You bought the way worse version because of 3 fn $ 50cent?

spchlss.gif

Why do you even bought the X?

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just... no. There is a generation of difference and always will be compared the console.
You do realize the average PC gamer does not have a 6 teraflop GPU in their PC. They're also not playing Overwatch in 4K. So yes, it's a completely valid statement to say Overwatch on the XB1X is a high end PC like experience.

I can update the OP, but can others corroborate this? Unfortunately, I own the game on the PS4.
I don't think it's a big deal, and many people might not notice, but yeah, it has subtle drops in multi. It's a shame DF almost always focus on the campaign when anaylizing games like this.

Fastidioso

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
You do realize the average PC gamer does not have a 6 teraflop GPU in their PC. They're also not playing Overwatch in 4K. So yes, it's a completely valid statement to say Overwatch on the XB1X is a high end PC like experience.

I don't think it's a big deal, and many people might not notice, but yeah, it has subtle drops in multi. It's a shame DF almost always focus on the campaign when anaylizing games like this.
I missed the logic around your statement. So because an average PC owners doesn't have an high end PC it means the X is more comparable to the high end PC experience? In any case I'm not referred to the Overwatch port but to the multiplat games in general.

Last edited:

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
What the X offers is not remotely comparable to the pc, with all respect.

See point below

^Exactly this! Well said.

I missed the logic around your statement. So because an average PC owners doesn't have an high end PC it means the X is more comparable to the high end PC experience? In any case I'm not referred to the Overwatch port but to the multiplat games in general.

Since I was the original person who made the point about overwatch on the X, I wasn't saying it was exactly like a 4k high end PC. I was just making a bland statement of admiration, that the significant yet still incremental visual bump on the X generated similar enthusiasm in me that my PC-playing colleagues mention regularly about multiplat games.

As New Fang noted, it's pretty darn close to the typical PC gaming rig. Sure, on ERA we're gonna see more users with frequently upgraded PC specs, but the resolution and performance on the X certainly holds well to PC builds up to twice its price (which is admirable, IMO).

I just wanted people in this specific thread to give it a look if they haven't already. It deserves the spotlight as a stellar X port.

Oct 27, 2017

No its not better than 1080/ti rig for example but for what the 6tf amd card puts out its pretty impressive for the price, for you to find something that can match its visuals your looking at probably twice as much. So yeah with an unlimited ceiling pc will always win the tech battle so going on about it is redundant. But as it stands right now for $500 you can not make or purchase a new pc that will come close to it visually.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
Any word on Rime patch? I loaded it up and its a little muddy but I feel like this is in 4K HDR would be mind blowing. Going to wait on this one.

I think I gave up hope on the Darksiders Warmastered and Deathinitive edition patches.

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

The idea that PC gaming is a generation ahead of the XB1X is a laughable claim, but even if you want to try and draw a comparison between the X and a super insane $2,000 rig it begs the question why you would even bother doing such a thing.

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wanted to report back that I gave this another look. Booted up the PS4 Pro version and played some multi, and then went back to the X1. They're very comparable in terms of framerate. Some occasional very small drops. Nothing worth worrying about. Not sure why I felt it was a problem that first go around on X.

Grylvak

Oct 29, 2017
Just upgraded to a 1X as well yesterday and I have a $50 Xbox gift card to blow. What kind of games y'all recommend? Willing to pay the difference if it's a $60 game as well.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Still no sign of a X patch for Dark Souls 3 is a shame... does the ps4 have a pro patch ?
We need 60fps...

Yes, it's like the first hit when you Google it. But nothing special. I don't see FROM giving any love to the X1X version particularly. Bloodborne probably sold a lot more and didn't even got one.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Claybook is live in Game Preview and is 1X enhanced. Aside from tiny text and some frightening children in the background, it's fascinating to play. It performs better than I expected when you start abusing the fluid simulation.

Deleted member 12635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Just upgraded to a 1X as well yesterday and I have a $50 Xbox gift card to blow. What kind of games y'all recommend? Willing to pay the difference if it's a $60 game as well.
Do you have any Xbox One games already? Because it depends on that!

If you are into Racing I would say Forza Horizon 3 or Forza Motorsport 7.
If you are into adventure gaming I would say Assassins Creed Origins or Rise of the Tomb Raider
If you are into RPG I would say The Witcher 3
If you are into shooters it becomes difficult what to recommend because I did not play through anyone of the available ones yet.

Some of the games above should be also cheaper by now as they were released some time ago.

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
If you are into shooters it becomes difficult what to recommend because I did not play through anyone of the available ones yet.
For pure shooters, Halo 5 has a subpar campaign but a great MP component (with both competitive and cooperative).

For hybrid shooters, I know the game is frowned upon around here but Fallout 4 is a great mix of Shooter/RPG mechanics, if you can, you know, deal with the meh story and characters.

Both are X enhanced. Halo 5 looks ace and runs smooth as butter. Fallout 4 is Fallout 4 and last I checked the bump to 4k (or pseudo-4k) along with the improved graphical settings meant the game actually ran slightly worse than on base X1 but at least it does look way better now.

ResidentDante

Nov 2, 2017
Oslo, Norway

If you are into adventure gaming I would say Assassins Creed Origins or Rise of the Tomb Raider

Some of the games above should be also cheaper by now as they were released some time ago.
For shooters I'd say both COD WWII and Titanfall 2 are really good looking on the X and have sweet, but short, campaigns to play.

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017

Shooters is too diverse a genre.

Enhanced on the X is (games I've played) : Titanfall 2, Overwatch, COD WW2, Destiny 2, Battlefront 2, PUBG, Fortnite, Wolfenstein 2, Halo 5

I'd say that Overwatch is worth a look for someone into it. Battlefront 2 looks goddamn amazing on the X and is really fun.

PUBG is an essential. Fortnite is also fun and as its free worth getting to see whether you prefer it over PUBG.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017

You can get a month's free game pass, that has a bunch of X enhanced games including halo 5.

Tomb Raider and Sea of Thieves will be on there to.

Forza Horizon 3 is amazing in 4K

There are a few game with full game trials too, Tomb Raider and Ghost Recon Wildlands both do I think.

Forza 7 has a demo you can download

Fortnite and Warfame are both free downloads . Fortnite has just had a big update and runs 4K/60*

Titanfall 2 looks amazing at 4K also.

Deleted member 12635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
You can get a month's free game pass, that has a bunch of X enhanced games including halo 5.

Tomb Raider and Sea of Thieves will be on there to.

Forza Horizon 3 is amazing in 4K

There are a few game with full game trials too, Tomb Raider and Ghost Recon Wildlands both do I think.

Forza 7 has a demo you can download

Fortnite and Warfame are both free downloads . Fortnite has just had a big update and runs 4K/60*

Titanfall 2 looks amazing at 4K also.
Yes, Xbox Game Pass is a good start. Totally forgot about it in my recommendations!