• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Another sale, another week we're I struggle not to buy Deus ex mankind divided for 9 dollars because there is no X patch.

I can't justify paying/playing for a worse version of a game I already beat 3 times. But an X patch would change that...sigh

Oct 25, 2017

bangai-o

Oct 27, 2017
Brought in my OG Xbox One to an MS Store because of a power issue. They saw my problem and since they didnt have anymore of them in stock, they gave me an Xbox One X :) So I'm in

giphy.gif
Remember, the Gods give with one hand and take with the other.

Biggzy

Oct 27, 2017
Brought in my OG Xbox One to an MS Store because of a power issue. They saw my problem and since they didnt have anymore of them in stock, they gave me an Xbox One X :) So I'm in

giphy.gif

Wow! Congratulations on the upgrade. The X is a fantastic piece of hardware. I hope you have a 4K TV to get the most out of it ;).

Scently

Oct 27, 2017
I can only imagine! I just picked it up with Microsoft's Black Friday sale. Before I get to it, though, I've told myself I need to play through Rise again (which I think is fantastic, as well).
I just bought it and although I only have a 1080p tv, the jump in image quality and graphics btwn Rise and this is immediately noticeable. It looks utterly fantastic.

ResidentDante

Nov 2, 2017
Oslo, Norway
I can vouch that RDR2 looks incredible downsampled to 1080p.
Such a clean image.
Downsampling is really amazing on the X. Recently I had a cold and lay in bed playing on our old 1080p TV. Forza Horizon 4 and Assassins Creed Odyssey looked so clean as 1080p games, it's way better than native 1080p games that have way more shimmering and flickering going on in the small details.

Last edited:

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Anything downsampled from 4K to 1080p is going to look incredibly clean. You really don't need a 4K TV to take advantage of a 1X.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
Beautiful Katamari plz namco

They're not releasing Reroll on One X they could at least make some $ from a digital version. Music licensing maybe?

Lolai

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Just ordered an Xbox X! I'm super psyched to check out some enhanced games.

I'm in Germany and this will be a German console. If I buy physical games here will they be playable in English?

I've been so spoiled by the Switch's cross region and language games I hadn't even thought of it being an issue until I went to buy RDRII.

Oct 26, 2017
Finally started playing Hellblade on X but I'm not that impressed with the HDR. In fact I think I'm gonna start over tomorrow with HDR disabled. I was watching a DF video afterwards which was not in HDR and I noticed how all the areas I had visited looked a lot better in their video. Proper dark forest and cave areas whereas on my X in HDR on my Samsung Q9 TV it looked too bright, almost washed out.

This is odd because other games like Gears 4 in HDR look spectacular. Perhaps it's a settings thing. But it would suck to constantly have to change that per game.

Last edited:

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Finally started playing Hellblade on X but I'm not that impressed with the HDR. In fact I think I'm gonna start over tomorrow with HDR disabled. I was watching a DF video afterwards which was not in HDR and I noticed how all the areas I had visited looked a lot better in their video. Proper dark forest and cave areas whereas on my X in HDR on my Samsung Q9 TV it looked too bright, almost washed out.

This is odd because other games like Gears 4 in HDR look spectacular. Perhaps it's a settings thing. But it would suck to constantly have to change that per game.
Game needs calibration slider, when the HDR works it's really amazing. There's a part on the beach on an overcast day with the sun peeking through the clouds and it blew me away in HDR on my OLED.

striderno9

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
New York, NY

Sucks to hear it doesn't look great in HDR. I bet the odd filters they use has something to do with it. I loved that game sooooo much.

SmashN'Grab

Oct 27, 2017
Batman Arkham Knight might be getting a X Enhanced update. WB is releasing a new Batman Arkham Collection that includes Aslyum, City, and Knight on the 27th and the store page lists it as X Enhanced.
https://www.trueachievements.com/n3...easing-next-week-with-xbox-one-x-enhancements
Yes, that would be fantastic! I really like that game (even though it's not quite as good as its predecessors). I'd love for many of the 2013-2016 900p and below titles to get upgrades (Ryse, Sunset Overdrive, Dragon Age, etc.)

mlappy

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 15, 2018
Kanada

2CL4Mars

Nov 9, 2018

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Seriously dumb question time - how do i switch visual modes in gears 4? Ive looked everywhere in the options and dont see a toggle for "enhanced / performance" anywhere.

Deleted member 34239

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 24, 2017
How's fifa 19 and madden 19 enhanced? Better than ps4 pro?
There are no differences with Fifa. I have it on both the Pro and X. With regards to Madden, if there are differences, they're trivial. If you already own the games on one platform, don't purchase it again. If you are buying it for the first time, buy it on the platform your friends own.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Batman Arkham Knight might be getting a X Enhanced update. WB is releasing a new Batman Arkham Collection that includes Aslyum, City, and Knight on the 27th and the store page lists it as X Enhanced.
https://www.trueachievements.com/n3...easing-next-week-with-xbox-one-x-enhancements
Oh man I hope they have done a proper patch for this, the last 2 games had awful updates. I'd definitely consider playing through this gain for for the achievements.

Also .. Square you COWARDS, where is that Deus Ex Mankind Divided patch? Everyone and their grandma has enhanced their games by now, even Andromeda got one. Your engineers will need something to do when they're bored.
You can only do that in the main menu. Not when you are ingame.

Btw i really wonder when that Darksiders 2 patch is coming.

Darksiders 2 should be landing next week with the release of the 3rd game I believe.