• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
DJ Lushious

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
It may be a paltry week for Xbox One X Enhanced titles releasing this week, but I am utterly thrilled to see the release of one of them. Hint: it's not Kingdom: Two Crowns.

I've updated the OP with the following:

Below
2160p​
Insects: An Xbox One X Enhanced Experience
2160p
HDR
Pks1.png
Kingdom Two Crowns
2160p
HDR​

In regards to Below, Nathan Vella, of Capybara Games, explicitly mentions over and over again that Below is 4K and 60fps on the Xbox One X in an interview on Xbox Wire. I find the mention of "60 fps" mysterious and unclear, because I couldn't find any information on what the frame rate is on the base console. As with any other title in the OP, I will note the frame rate only if it is increased over the base console, is a part of graphical options available, or is unsteady.

Theres no excuse to not have enhancements a year after X launched.
I don't agree with this statement. Is it ideal and what I want? You bet! We have to be real, though, and acknowledge that there are certainly a number of reasons why a developer may choose to forego, or is even unable to, provide additions to their game to take advantage of the Xbox One X (we could even include the PS4 Pro here, too). If we were playing a game of Family Feud I'd guess money, time, and manpower would be the top 3.

Tekken 7 is the one that has been mentioned from many posters here as a disappointment to have not received an X enhancement. Rightfully so, considering the PS4 Pro received an update to the game. Yet, the Director of Tekken 7 stated "It requires a significant update of Unreal (UE version of TK7) for X. With the new hardware, we've to change the way access our memory greatly."

Thank gawd for the Xbox One X "Insects" app, which to my knowledge is the only software that lets you ensure every component is definitely working simultaneously.

I don't know why I've always foregone including Insects: An Xbox One X Enhanced Experience from the OP. I've changed that (see above). The Insects demo is my go-to when showcasing my home theater to friends/family. Atmos and 4K, as tech, are pretty easy ideas to explain, but HDR benefits the most actually in experiencing it, in my opinion. I think the Insects demo does a fantastic job of visually explaining HDR; its use of comparisons, coupled with on-screen commentary, for all 3 tech, makes it a perfect showcase.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any idea when we should expect the Countdown to 2019 sales to begin on Xbox? Hoping to pick up Spyro and Celeste.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I have no issue with your opinion, but the choice of vocabulary and context of the conversation... I mean if you still don't know why that's a thing I don't know what to tell you.

I will say that UI, HUD and other non exterior environmental elements typically are part of the "actual game." Sometimes they're easy to layer and toggle and sometimes they're rendered much more inextricably than others. Sometimes they're part of the atmosphere (Alien, Metroid) and essential to the design of the experience.

Hi, Can you please pass on to the team at 343i my thanks for working hard to make some great games! I'm really excited to see where Halo goes next, intrigued by the name "infinite"! :-)

OP
OP
DJ Lushious

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Observer has just shown up as Xbox One enhanced for me
No way?! I always hoped it would be enhanced one day. Any info yet?
Thanks! It was reported by some others here about a week and a half ago that it got an update and it was reported to look and run better, but no real specifics. I was hoping some more information would be released before I added it to the OP, but hopefully this is a sign we'll get some official word. I've now added it, though. Note that I've listed it as ">Observer."

That would be great if it was. Loved the game but the early performance issues kinda put me off.
It still has dramatic frame rate drops, but I'd not played it before the X patch came out. The times it dips are really odd and seem to occur when you would think they shouldn't; like not a ton of effects on the screen or complexiity to the scene. Admittedly frame rate drops don't bug me (screen tearing bugs me greatly), but they drop pretty low and it is very apparent.

I played the game with my girlfriend watching for about and hour and a half and then she picked up my progress for about another half hour while I made dinner. I really don't know what to make of the game. I really do enjoy Walking Simulators (I'd say "where's that Firewatch patch?", but it's been de-listed from Microsoft's list of enhanced titles), but I'm still trying to figure out what the narrative is exactly. I've made it a little past the achievement "I am an Observer." So, spoiler questions incoming:

So, basically I'm a cop and nowadays everyone has cybernetic enhancements (well, there is that tenant and their family that don't, so it is a thing). I get a dispatch call to an apartment complex, but then I get this cryptic call through unconventional channels from my son? So, now I've investigated the crime scene and am interrogating the tenants. But then I jack into this other dead body and connect with remnant memories of their life leading up to their death? Oh, and I think my girlfriend got the necessary story information to go to the tattoo parlor, but haven't gone yet.

I am in no way saying I don't like the game so far, 'cause I really do. There's just some confusion on my part, really.

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Thanks! It was reported by some others here about a week and a half ago that it got an update and it was reported to look and run better, but no real specifics. I was hoping some more information would be released before I added it to the OP, but hopefully this is a sign we'll get some official word. I've now added it, though. Note that I've listed it as ">Observer."

It still has dramatic frame rate drops, but I'd not played it before the X patch came out. The times it dips are really odd and seem to occur when you would think they shouldn't; like not a ton of effects on the screen or complexiity to the scene. Admittedly frame rate drops don't bug me (screen tearing bugs me greatly), but they drop pretty low and it is very apparent.

I played the game with my girlfriend watching for about and hour and a half and then she picked up my progress for about another half hour while I made dinner. I really don't know what to make of the game. I really do enjoy Walking Simulators (I'd say "where's that Firewatch patch?", but it's been de-listed from Microsoft's list of enhanced titles), but I'm still trying to figure out what the narrative is exactly. I've made it a little past the achievement "I am an Observer." So, spoiler questions incoming:

So, basically I'm a cop and nowadays everyone has cybernetic enhancements (well, there is that tenant and their family that don't, so it is a thing). I get a dispatch call to an apartment complex, but then I get this cryptic call through unconventional channels from my son? So, now I've investigated the crime scene and am interrogating the tenants. But then I jack into this other dead body and connect with remnant memories of their life leading up to their death? Oh, and I think my girlfriend got the necessary story information to go to the tattoo parlor, but haven't gone yet.

I am in no way saying I don't like the game so far, 'cause I really do. There's just some confusion on my part, really.
Wait what the fuck Firewatch was removed? They said they were going to patch it after they finished the Switch version. You can't just advertise that you're enhancing a game and then silently cancel it.

OP
OP
DJ Lushious

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Wait what the fuck Firewatch was removed? They said they were going to patch it after they finished the Switch version. You can't just advertise that you're enhancing a game and then silently cancel it.
Clearly they can. Rime did it too. Very disappointing though.
The best attitude to take is that it's cancelled. BUT...

There's a few examples in OP where the game has been updated out of nowhere and wasn't on Microsoft's list as upcoming in any way, a game has been updated and took some time to show up on Microsoft's list, or has been updated and still remains off Microsoft's list.

I feel real strongly about the "Any/all Devs who are transparent with their titles' enhancements" acknowledgment in the OP. They're the real heroes (stupid meme...). 'Cause, at the end of the day, someone, somewhere, knows what was done to change their game.

If the Xbox One had patch notes, ala PlayStation 4, that would help tremendously. Again, though, we are at the mercy of the dev and how much information they want to share with us.

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
I was just in the Apsyr Discord to ask about the Observer patch. The short answer was: "General performance improvements", and now I'm still waiting on the long answer from the dev team to get some more specifics.

Kage Maru

Oct 27, 2017
If anyone wants to post some png images of observer, I can try to do a pixel count.

I have no issue with your opinion, but the choice of vocabulary and context of the conversation... I mean if you still don't know why that's a thing I don't know what to tell you.

I will say that UI, HUD and other non exterior environmental elements typically are part of the "actual game." Sometimes they're easy to layer and toggle and sometimes they're rendered much more inextricably than others. Sometimes they're part of the atmosphere (Alien, Metroid) and essential to the design of the experience.

I know you last posted here a few days ago but please pass along my thanks to you and the team for all the hard work you all do. I haven't agreed with some of the past decisions but I know the passion and drive for the franchise is there. I'm excited to see what you guys do with Infinite and would definitely love it if it supported Atmos.

Last edited:

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Kingdom Two Crowns is listed as supporting HDR (even on the official page) but it's not, I started it and it does not triggers HDR.

Last edited:

BornRZA

Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
DJ Lushious

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Nothing that is being released this week seems to be X Enhanced, however some titles have changed status to "Available Now" in Microsoft's Xbox One X Enhanced list (and I may also have missed the game's actual release). I've updated the OP with the following:

Bendy and the Ink Machine
2160p​
Horizon Chase Turbo
2160p​
Jagged Alliance: Rage!
2160p​
My Little Riding Champion
2160p​
NeuroBloxs
2160p​
Realm Royale
2160p​
RIDE 3
2160p
HDR​

mlappy

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 15, 2018
Kanada
Man is it just me or does R6 siege look amazing now? That last update really brought it up a notch. Everything it so much sharper and the textures too.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
There are no comparison videos for Dishonored 2? This game has 4K textures and Digital Foundry Dark1x didn't even do a video about that update?

Man is it just me or does R6 siege look amazing now? That last update really brought it up a notch. Everything it so much sharper and the textures too.
I wish they'd bring the 4K Textures to the X version.

Dark1x

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
There are no comparison videos for Dishonored 2? This game has 4K textures and Digital Foundry Dark1x didn't even do a video about that update?

I wish they'd bring the 4K Textures to the X version.
I didn't even know about that. The console version has weird fluidity issues so I never played those versions. Well, I mistakenly bought the PS4 version but ended up playing on PC. The guy that did the Dishonored 2 coverage isn't with us any longer either so I guess we didn't keep up.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I didn't even know about that. The console version has weird fluidity issues so I never played those versions. Well, I mistakenly bought the PS4 version but ended up playing on PC. The guy that did the Dishonored 2 coverage isn't with us any longer either so I guess we didn't keep up.
All the extras that came from the update are in the OP, and in that official video from Bethesda:

At least we know what's been added :)
I'm excited to see it for myself on the X. Bought the game in the current Countdown sale.

Another question: Will you eventually get back and take another look at Rainbow Six Siege. Lot has happened, and the game is going into its fourth year now.

OP
OP
DJ Lushious

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
I'm excited to see it for myself on the X. Bought the game in the current Countdown sale.
Even though Dishonored 2/Death of the Outsider don't have HDR they are, in my opinion, showcase X enhanced titles. The resolution increase, 4K textures, and other improvements, coupled with the games' visual design, all make for top-tier image quality.

I spent a lot[/] of time with both of them this year and I only ever encountered slowdown once and it was always in the same place: in the beginning of Mission 2, on the boat ride to Karnaca, there's one spot where it slows down for a second. Every time, without fail. So, I didn't put "w/slowdowns" in its entry in the OP, 'cause I hardly thought that fair; I couldn't get the game to drop frames any other time across my multiple play through of it.

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
Observer is listed an X Enhanced title now. I haven't booted it up but I'm guessing it's probably just a minor resolution boost. Took them long enough to patch it.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Even though Dishonored 2/Death of the Outsider don't have HDR they are, in my opinion, showcase X enhanced titles. The resolution increase, 4K textures, and other improvements, coupled with the games' visual design, all make for top-tier image quality.

I spent a lot[/] of time with both of them this year and I only ever encountered slowdown once and it was always in the same place: in the beginning of Mission 2, on the boat ride to Karnaca, there's one spot where it slows down for a second. Every time, without fail. So, I didn't put "w/slowdowns" in its entry in the OP, 'cause I hardly thought that fair; I couldn't get the game to drop frames any other time across my multiple play through of it.
Sounds great.

Would you happen to know the file size of the game enhanced VS not enhanced?

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
I know they're not enhanced, but has anyone tried the Dead Rising remasters (1,2 OTR) on X? I was toying with the idea of grabbing them while on sale, but the DF video which came out before the X says that the vanilla X1 has some frame rate issues (as does PS4, but they say 1 is better on PS4, while 2 is better on X1).

W.S.

Honest Work
Oct 28, 2017
Bought Razed and after having played it I'm 100% sure it's enhanced even though there's no mention of it.

Looks way too clean to be 1080p, it looks like a legit 4K image although unfortunately it does have screen tearing.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
Still nothing for Dark Souls 3 or Tekken 7 -_-
Bamco is not gonna update those. Hell they unlocked the framerate on DS3 on PS4 Pro and made that the default setting for Pro machines instead of an option for a locked 30 for that smooth frametime. T7 gets 'support' ala DLC fighters and nothing else, not even cosmetics, expect nothing.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Bamco is not gonna update those. Hell they unlocked the framerate on DS3 on PS4 Pro and made that the default setting for Pro machines instead of an option for a locked 30 for that smooth frametime. T7 gets 'support' ala DLC fighters and nothing else, not even cosmetics, expect nothing.

Haha, Souls game on console are so pretty bad across the board. Bloodborne being stuck without a Pro patch is also pathetic.

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
I know that this question more than likely has already been answer quite a few times but I searched and found nothing. So I just got a One X for Christmas and I took my external 3TB Hdd from my son's One S and plugged it in my new Xbox. Now I have a question, the 4k assets for the games I have on that HDD, are they already there or do I need to download them? When my system recognized the HDD, it only had updates for 1l5 games out of the 140 games in there.

Deleted member 12635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
All the extras that came from the update are in the OP, and in that official video from Bethesda:

Another question: Will you eventually get back and take another look at Rainbow Six Siege. Lot has happened, and the game is going into its fourth year now.

I didn't know that. Thx for sharing. I own the game. Time to actually play it!

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I bought Firewatch on Xbox One because they announced a patch and I had never played it. Never will I guess :(

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
I know that this question more than likely has already been answer quite a few times but I searched and found nothing. So I just got a One X for Christmas and I took my external 3TB Hdd from my son's One S and plugged it in my new Xbox. Now I have a question, the 4k assets for the games I have on that HDD, are they already there or do I need to download them? When my system recognized the HDD, it only had updates for 1l5 games out of the 140 games in there.

If you didn't have the option checked to pre-load X updates then each of the games will prompt with updates if they're available. (If you haven't already figured that out since it's been a few days)

OP
OP
DJ Lushious

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Is ace combat 7 enhanced,wondering what system I should buy it for.
I've not seen any word on it being X Enhanced so far. Namco has been pretty good about supporting the Xbox One X, but, again, they've been mum about Ace Combat 7. It's not listed on Microsoft's official list, either, which is odd, but that's not always an indicator of a title's lack of enhancements, either. Hopefully we'll hear something before release.