• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Is ace combat 7 enhanced,wondering what system I should buy it for.

We know is that the game will target a higher framerate on the Pro and X rather than visual enhancements.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ac...-improve-framerate-rather-than-visuals.68892/

Chris: Will the PlayStation4 Pro and Xbox One X have any differences or improvements over the basic consoles?

Kazutoki: Basically, rather than a visual difference it will be about making use of a framerate improvement.

Chris: So you aim to have the versions look and feel smoother?

Kazutoki: That's right. As I said earlier, it may not be very visible at first right, but in terms of playing smoothly and comfortably, we believe it's important for customers.

OP
OP
DJ Lushious

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
So, every game with higher resolution than 1080p and with just X Enhanced option will be look much better on 1080p as well?
Without a doubt. Supersampling brings about a better image quality than native, since there is still more image data, even if it's shrunk down. I played some Red Dead Redemption 2 for spurts on a 1080p display (I normally play on a 4K screen) and was constantly impressed with the image quality.

We know is that the game will target a higher framerate on the Pro and X rather than visual enhancements.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ac...-improve-framerate-rather-than-visuals.68892/
Thanks! I had missed that thread. I can't argue with the reasoning, but [insert "why not both?" meme here].

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
I just realized after playing it for 10 or 15 hours that Warframe is not actually X1X enhanced and is still on the list as in development. That surprised me as they announced it almost a year ago.

WonkyPanda

Oct 26, 2017
It's weird but I am getting KH3 on my X. The fact that I think it'll be native 4K is too hard to pass up, even if it may feel sacrilege.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks! I had missed that thread. I can't argue with the reasoning, but [insert "why not both?" meme here].

There's a little bug in my mind saying the base game is just going to run with an uncapped FPS and the Pro and X will only bump that up with the "extra" power they have, but I suppose that's just the worst possible option.

vorimenn

Banned
Jul 28, 2018
London, United Kingdom.
Without a doubt. Supersampling brings about a better image quality than native, since there is still more image data, even if it's shrunk down. I played some Red Dead Redemption 2 for spurts on a 1080p display (I normally play on a 4K screen) and was constantly impressed with the image quality.
Sounds nice! I'm considering Xbox One X.

I'm curious of my reaction of Red Dead Redemption II between 872p on Xbox One and native 2160p (!) downscaled to 1080p on Xbox One X *.*

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
LiS 2 definitely feels like it has bad frame pacing , and there's no 60fps mode unlike Before the Storm.

OP
OP
DJ Lushious

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
This is extremely disappointing, and I was going to get this game. Not going to support games that won't enhance for the X, especially from a big developer.
It is getting X enhancements, though. It's getting a higher frame rate. I wouldn't be surprised if it sticks to a locked 60 fps at 1080p.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I bought Firewatch on Xbox One because they announced a patch and I had never played it. Never will I guess :(
I was waiting for the X patch to eventually drop to give it a replay, but I'd say it's very well worth a playthough even without though (plus it's not very long). I did experience a lot of shuddering at parts on my Xbox One X though.

Really sucks it looks like the patch isn't coming.

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
I played Firewatch for the first time yesterday and it looks like it's got Vaseline slapped all over it. Could really have used a patch. Great game, though.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
what?

The definitive edition on Xbox one runs at 30 and PS4 runs at 60? or am I misinterpreting what you are saying

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ta...-resolution-and-frame-rate-differences.85431/

EXCSsoI.png

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
Outside of battles Xbox One version of Vesperia will have HALF the frame rate of the PS4 version? WOW. I get this is a consequence of them not X-enhancing the game but this fucks over X owners.

Wouldn't a better solution have been dynamic resolution, which could be brute-forced on the X?

Why LOCK the frame rate to half the value?

Bandai Namco seems legitimately a terrible terrible consumer option for Xbox owners. They didn't even X-enhance Tekken 7.

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
Outside of battles Xbox One version of Vesperia will have HALF the frame rate of the PS4 version? WOW. I get this is a consequence of them not X-enhancing the game but this fucks over X owners.

Wouldn't a better solution have been dynamic resolution, which could be brute-forced on the X?

Bandai Namco seems legitimately a terrible terrible consumer option for Xbox owners. They didn't even X-enhance Tekken 7.

Yes, it's ridiculous, the silver lining being that you really don't need a game like Vesperia to be 60 ouside of battles. But still a blunt "fuck you" to Xbox One X owners.

Deleted member 12635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I couldn't care less about frame rates outside of battles but what baffles me is they did not increase the resolution on the Pro & the Xbox One X. I am very disappointed. This doesn't deserve the name "Definite Edition" in my opinion.

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa

I mean you can see the lack of effort in the port with them not supporting Pro or X. I'm not surprised they're half assing the version that will likely sell the least of an already half assed remaster.

Namco's Pro support is laughably bad too. Dark Souls 3 and Tekken 7 both support Pro, both 1080p lol.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I couldn't care less about frame rates outside of battles but what baffles me is they did not increase the resolution on the Pro & the Xbox One X. I am very disappointed. This doesn't deserve the name "Definite Edition" in my opinion.
Yeah, I'd rather they made the 360 version BC and X enhance it if they were going to put this poor an effort in this port.

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
I've been replaying Gears of War 3 on my X and I can't believe how good that game still holds up with the better resolution and performance. I remember being blown away while playing on my 360 when it came out, still impressed...

Suikodan

Oct 25, 2017
I love XB1X patches for older games. I got all these games for cheap that are XB1X enhanced:

- Titanfall 2 (4$ CAD new!)
- Wolfenstein 2 (10$ CAD new!)
- Agents of Mayhem (6$ CAD new!)
- Mass Effect Andromeda (8$ CAD used)
- Call of Duty Infinite Warfare (10$ CAD new)

all these games look awesome in 4K!

Please 2019 be a good year for XB1X enhanced games! :D

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
What is going on with Bandai Namco, a brand new game Ace Combat 7 isn't Enhanced either.

Do we know what the install base of the X is and how BN games like Ace Combat perform outside of Japan? My only guess is that maybe they don't see the effort as worth the cost (as I imagine that's what drives most business decisions).

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
I love XB1X patches for older games. I got all these games for cheap that are XB1X enhanced:

- Titanfall 2 (4$ CAD new!)
- Wolfenstein 2 (10$ CAD new!)
- Agents of Mayhem (6$ CAD new!)
- Mass Effect Andromeda (8$ CAD used)
- Call of Duty Infinite Warfare (10$ CAD new)

all these games look awesome in 4K!

Please 2019 be a good year for XB1X enhanced games! :D

From where? I can't recall the canadian digital store being that generous with discounts during the year end sale.

Suikodan

Oct 25, 2017
From where? I can't recall the canadian digital store being that generous with discounts during the year end sale.

They were. I'll be honest, I get Twitter and RSS feeds about deals but you usually need to act quick.

- Titanfall 2 (4$ CAD new @ Dollarama)
- Wolfenstein 2 (10$ CAD new @ The Source)
- Agents of Mayhem (6$ CAD new @ EBGames)
- Mass Effect Andromeda (8$ CAD used @ EBGames with preowned coupons)
- Call of Duty Infinite Warfare (10$ CAD new on FB Marketplace)

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
They were. I'll be honest, I get Twitter and RSS feeds about deals but you usually need to act quick.

- Titanfall 2 (4$ CAD new @ Dollarama)
- Wolfenstein 2 (10$ CAD new @ The Source)
- Agents of Mayhem (6$ CAD new @ EBGames)
- Mass Effect Andromeda (8$ CAD used @ EBGames with preowned coupons)
- Call of Duty Infinite Warfare (10$ CAD new on FB Marketplace)

Wow! That is resourceful. I need to get on this twitter RSS thing. How does that work?

Oct 26, 2017
Have they revealed yet what Life is strange 2's resolution is? It's clear that they are aiming for a 60fps framerate but the resolution doesn't seem exactly like 4K to me. Or maybe it is but their AA solution is making it look soft. I do recall that the other games had this somewhat soft look too.

Odd though that Before the storm and Captain Spirit had resolution/framerate options, this one doesn't.

OP
OP
DJ Lushious

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
I've updated the OP with the following. Some were relased today and some I missed over the holidays. As always, please correct me if I have logged the wrong information for a title.

Absolver
2160p​
Achtung! Cthulu Tactics
2160p​
Big Bash Boom
2160p​
HDR​
Big Crown: Showdown
UNKNOWN​
Bless Unleashed
2160p​
HDR​
Donut County
2160p​
Final Star
2160p​
GoatPunks
2160p​
Kingmaker: Rise to the Throne
2160p​
The Invisible Hours
2160p​
HDR​

Have they revealed yet what Life is strange 2's resolution is?

Odd though that Before the storm and Captain Spirit had resolution/framerate options, this one doesn't.
Not that've found. What are the options Captain Spirit has?

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Have they revealed yet what Life is strange 2's resolution is? It's clear that they are aiming for a 60fps framerate but the resolution doesn't seem exactly like 4K to me. Or maybe it is but their AA solution is making it look soft. I do recall that the other games had this somewhat soft look too.

It runs like shit with the unlocked frame rate. Not she about resolution, looks like there's Chromatic Aberration which is blurring things already.

Oct 26, 2017
I've updated the OP with the following. Some were relased today and some I missed over the holidays. As always, please correct me if I have logged the wrong information for a title.

Absolver
2160p​
Achtung! Cthulu Tactics
2160p​
Big Bash Boom
2160p​
HDR​
Big Crown: Showdown
UNKNOWN​
Bless Unleashed
2160p​
HDR​
Donut County
2160p​
Final Star
2160p​
GoatPunks
2160p​
Kingmaker: Rise to the Throne
2160p​
The Invisible Hours
2160p​
HDR​

Not that've found. What are the options Captain Spirit has?

Maybe I'm wrong on that one. Before the storm had the options but now I doubt if CS had em.

It runs like shit with the unlocked frame rate. Not she about resolution, looks like there's Chromatic Aberration which is blurring things already.

In the house it's fine but after the intro, yeah, plenty of stuttering. Rather disappointing really. Why can't the dev just get this right?

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sometimes I get very tempted to upgrade my OG Xbox One, then I remember I still have a 1080p TV

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Sometimes I get very tempted to upgrade my OG Xbox One, then I remember I still have a 1080p TV

Even if you're only on 1080p the difference is night and day in IQ. 900p with minimal AA to 4K/"4K"/1800p downsampled to native 1080p is already a big upgrade and that's before any other graphical upgrades they add. The difference is aliasing is quite insane actually with downsampling. There's more games with 1080p/60fps modes with Horizon 4 being the best example.

The OG Xbox One is honestly terrible perfromance by today's standards.

Tetrinski

Banned
May 17, 2018
RDR looks kind of washed out in HDR, do you guys use HDR with this game? Also, Halo 5 sometimes looks too dark, or just washed out as well if I try to compensate it on my TV settings. Any idea?