Xbox One X Enhanced Games: All Titles, Platforms, and Details

Oct 25, 2017
PA - US
Going by Digital Foundries E3 video on Kingdom Hearts and watching some off screen gameplay cutscenes are 30FPS and gameplay is ~60. Going to assume that cutscenes will be 4K like Digital Foundry counted from the trailer and gameplay will be 1440p or something to hit near 60.
Solid! I still haven't upgraded to a 4K TV, so I'm hoping for a 1080/60 mode with other improvements. Worst-case we'll just get the one 4K/60 mode and I'll have to settle for supersampling.

I'm surprised they didn't mention any clarity differences between the X and Pro and also nothing on the absolutely fucked up contrast.
They said at the top of the video that a full analysis will have to wait for the retail release. They also later mentioned that the demo seems to be on an older build. I think that seems fair.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm surprised they didn't mention any clarity differences between the X and Pro and also nothing on the absolutely fucked up contrast.
Yupp, very letdown. So much PC talk and nothing of the two biggest complaints, lol. The “old build” excuse doesn’t work since nobody knows if it is or is not. Maybe reach out to Capcom or judge it on its own merits? I was really hoping this would help clear things up (no pun intended), but nope.

Oct 26, 2017
Solid! I still haven't upgraded to a 4K TV, so I'm hoping for a 1080/60 mode with other improvements. Worst-case we'll just get the one 4K/60 mode and I'll have to settle for supersampling.

They said at the top of the video that a full analysis will have to wait for the retail release. They also later mentioned that the demo seems to be on an older build. I think that seems fair.
Yupp, very letdown. So much PC talk and nothing of the two biggest complaints, lol. The “old build” excuse doesn’t work since nobody knows if it is or is not. Maybe reach out to Capcom or judge it on its own merits? I was really hoping this would help clear things up (no pun intended), but nope.

I believe they mentioned that they played it in September and that build was very similar to this. That kinda worries me. But we'll see.

Oct 25, 2017
PA - US
I believe they mentioned that they played it in September and that build was very similar to this. That kinda worries me. But we'll see.
We shall see indeed! That mention of September gives me more hope actually. It could just be that they re-used the same demo rather than wasting development time on re-touching one with the improvements they've made since then.

Oct 26, 2017
We shall see indeed! That mention of September gives me more hope actually. It could just be that they re-used the same demo rather than wasting development time on re-touching one with the improvements they've made since then.
Hmm that's actually a possibility yeah.

If anything that's good news.
I read it as, back in September (which isn't crazy long ago) it was exactly like this and that would mean not much progress had been made. That is if this demo is brand new, from a new build I mean.

OP
OP
DJ Lushious
Oct 27, 2017
Interestingly Ace Combat 7 used to be on the Xbox One X Enhanced list but has since been removed.
Yeah, what's going on with this one? Cuz I'm not buying it on the Xbone if it's not X Enhanced.
FuturaBold linked a PlayStation Lifestyle article a page or two back (depending on your settings). It referenced this WCCFTech article.

Will Xbox One X and/or PlayStation 4 Pro players be able to play the game at 4K resolution?

The resolution of Xbox One X and PlayStation Pro are better. On this occasion, we gave priority to raise the frame rate to allow players to have a more comfortable gameplay experience.

OP
OP
DJ Lushious
Oct 27, 2017
Tales of Vesperia:

Anyone wanna pixel count?
I tried to pixel count and couldn't come up with a number that made any sense. So, that tells me I am terrible at pixel counting and should hang my head in shame.

Maybe someone who understands the process better can chime in. I took 2 samples:
12 pixel high by 8 samples = 0.6666666666666667
44 pixels high by 28 samples = 0.6363636363636364

Here's where I get lost and/or confuse myself. Let's go with the 44 pixel high sample, since it gives us more to work with. From what I understand, watching Digital Foundry's video, then I take the samples divided by the height, which gives 0.6363636363636364. Using this new number, I then multiply it by what? This where I get super confused. I fathom I use that number to then multiply different resolution numbers until it comes out to something. What resolution number do I use? Horizontal or vertical?

In my 44 pixel high count I got 28 samples across. Do I then use a horizontal resolution number to determine the count, ie 1920? I keep getting weird numbers no matter what I punch in, which tells me I am clearly doing something wrong.

Yeah, but outside of this one interview there’s no indication of any resolution increase. Really isn’t looking good
What isn't looking good? A resolution increase? If that's what you're looking for, then, yeah, it sounds like you're gonna be disappointed. The facts are (thus far), however, that the game is getting an enhancement in the realm of a higher frame rate. That's still an enhancement.

Hopefully we'll get more information, since the game comes out in 2 days, but WCCF Tech has proven to be a reliable resource during my experience curating the OP.

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Definitely looks like AC7 is no longer going to be X enhanced, it no longer says it on the game page on the store either. Bizarre.

Will get it on the Pro if that is the case, at least the jet engine noises from the console will suit the game well.

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I tried to pixel count and couldn't come up with a number that made any sense. So, that tells me I am terrible at pixel counting and should hang my head in shame.

Maybe someone who understands the process better can chime in. I took 2 samples:

Here's where I get lost and/or confuse myself. Let's go with the 44 pixel high sample, since it gives us more to work with. From what I understand, watching Digital Foundry's video, then I take the samples divided by the height, which gives 0.6363636363636364. Using this new number, I then multiply it by what? This where I get super confused. I fathom I use that number to then multiply different resolution numbers until it comes out to something. What resolution number do I use? Horizontal or vertical?

In my 44 pixel high count I got 28 samples across. Do I then use a horizontal resolution number to determine the count, ie 1920? I keep getting weird numbers no matter what I punch in, which tells me I am clearly doing something wrong.

What isn't looking good? A resolution increase? If that's what you're looking for, then, yeah, it sounds like you're gonna be disappointed. The facts are (thus far), however, that the game is getting an enhancement in the realm of a higher frame rate. That's still an enhancement.

Hopefully we'll get more information, since the game comes out in 2 days, but WCCF Tech has proven to be a reliable resource during my experience curating the OP.
You honestly consider brute forcing an unlocked frame rate an enhancement? The game is already 1080/60 on PS4 Pro, this isn’t an enhancement for X at all. If this is considered an enhancement then a ton of old games could be considered “enhanced” because they get brute forced.

A user on reddit has played the game on X and says it’s extremely blurry, worst case scenario base Xbox One is 900p vs 1080p on PS4 and X doesn’t even get 1080p if there is no enhancements. Surely this won’t be the case.

Oct 27, 2017
Australia

Here's an Xbox One X screenshot of AC7, anyone care to pixel count? Some steps on the wings, looks like 900p to me there's a lot of jaggies but who knows. Will try my hand at pixel counting to be sure.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017

Try 36 or 48 instead of 44. I'm not home or I'd check it out. I believe it's supposed to be 1080p on consoles though.

Oct 27, 2017
UK
So two games in a row that are bizarrely not X enhanced. Perhaps no coincidence they are from the same publisher. Strange when many indies have no issues X enhancing their games, and the fact that AC7 was previously on the X enhanced list is fuel for conspiracy theories.

AC7 was a day one for me in the X, now I'm debating whether to get it on the Pro or just not bother at all out of principle!

Oct 25, 2017
Ew...at this rate I'll go PC with AC7.

My guess is that they were really short on cash for the game. It's coming along with two behemoths like RE2 and KH3, it has bomba written all over it.

Oct 26, 2017
Darksiders Warmastered Edition is really nice with the enhancement. Though for some reason a bunch of volume sliders dropped to zero. After that smooth sailing.

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
My pixel counts of that image come to a native resolution of 1920x1080.
Thanks so much VGTech! Looks like it’s 1080p/60 same as Pro, but the IQ really isn’t great there’s a lot of CA and the AA they’re using is pretty rough. Can’t decide if I should buy it or not, would be especially frustrated if they patch in X Enhancements later on.

Just saw Digital Foundry´s analysis. Ace Combat 7 IS X enhanced, is just that its mostly used to stay in 60fps while in 1080p.

A disappointment overall compared to the PS4 Pro version that is also 1080p and stays in 60fps a bit more. Seems like a the X was not prioritized when compared to the Pro and VR options from Sony.

Still, it looks gorgeous and its almost a locked 60fps in X so, that's something.

Last edited:

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
1080p games tend to look not so amazing on bigger screens, like a 65 inch. Not happy at all with this bullshit.
Eh, just don't buy it. I support games that support my hardware so if they don't want to enhance for Pro or X, I skip their game or and buy it on PC at a fraction of the price.

But yes overall I agree, and I'm only at 55. The visual clarity that comes with higher or native resolution has spoiled me to the point where the only low res games I play are Nintendo.

1080p games tend to look not so amazing on bigger screens, like a 65 inch. Not happy at all with this bullshit.
I think we all agree, but its also a 60fps "almost locked" game in the X and Pro versions.

The 60fps goal is always requested, in this case they delivered it on the enhanced versions. They had to compromise the resolution but it will always be like that (resolution vs framerate).

I must admit that what bothers me the most is the popin and draw-distances for popin and LOD. It looks the same as in the base consoles (very aggresive, you see the trees and mountains becoming visible or changing geometry very close to your plane view)

Oct 26, 2017
Between barely making any enhancements to the game on capable harware and the double-talk about the full game being a VR experience, I've ended up with a fairly hostile outlook on AC7. What a disappointment.

Anyone suggesting these were necessary trade-offs (re: resolution vs performance) is wasting the room's time. Things as basic as the hud resolution and the lack of AA/aspect ratio options on PC are telling of how patently unnecessary some of these shortcomings are. Resolution all around is a bummer.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
LOL Namco are trying too hard for me to not buy any of their games anymore.
First Tekken 7, then Tales of Vesperia. Now Ace Combat 7?
Achievement unlocked. One less customer.

Oct 27, 2017
LOL Namco are trying too hard for me to not buy any of their games anymore.
First Tekken 7, then Tales of Vesperia. Now Ace Combat 7?
Achievement unlocked. One less customer.
Is it really that bad? It's definitely annoying to see the X having anything less than the best console version at this point, but not buying their games at all because of some rare drops and 1080p res seems a bit exaggerated imo. How many devs has delivered locked 60fps games on the X so far?

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Is it really that bad? It's definitely annoying to see the X having anything less than the best console version at this point, but not buying their games at all because of some rare drops and 1080p res seems a bit exaggerated imo. How many devs has delivered locked 60fps games on the X so far?
It’s more that the game is 1080p same as Pro and runs worse than Pro.

Oct 26, 2017
I don't agree with their conclusions that this amounts to ruining the underlying game experience, but it's a reasonable frustration when dramatically more powerful hardware sees no benefit in a situation where CPU elements are already accounted for in the "budget" (which allows the baseline 60 fps target) and remaining rendering capability appears unused.

As I said previously, if people think of this as a situation where the devs only included the equivalent to a performance mode (because they believe the 60 fps target is central to the game design), it comes across as better. That's how I think about it, and I like it that way. That being said, there's no worldly reason for the results we're seeing where even huds aren't made for full resolution, let alone effectively no rendering differences between vastly different hardware. The work already put into the PC version, UE4 as the engine, and the similar architecture between the Pro and 1X would normally present more opportunities for a more powerful platform. Having none does go against basically every expectation hobbyists would expect.

Oct 27, 2017
The work already put into the PC version, UE4 as the engine, and the similar architecture between the Pro and 1X would normally present more opportunities for a more powerful platform. Having none does go against basically every expectation hobbyists would expect.
That’s true, Pro version performing better is annoying for sure and doesn’t make sense. The X version just got less love I guess. But still, AAA games at 1080p with locked 60fps is rare on both Pro and X, the most common scenario is that they’re almost 60fps, so I’m just thinking that it’s exaggerated to essentially boycot Namco for the rare performance issues seen here.

OP
OP
DJ Lushious
Oct 27, 2017
I've updated the OP with the following:

Guacamelee! 2
2160p​
Hive Jump
2160p​
Planet RIX-13
2160p​
Resident Evil 2