• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
I've updated the OP in preparation for tomorrow's release of Hitman HD.

Hitman HD Enhanced Collection
1800p​
Increased texture resolution, upgraded texture formats, super-sampling, upscale support, heightened shadow maps and mirror resolutions, impproved lighting.​

Can't they hit 4k60 on Blood Money at least? A bit disappointing.

Not surprised about Absolution though, the PC version was basically a PS4/One game and it's still fairly demanding because it only supports MSAA.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Yeah, but I don't think we ever will get that RDR remaster. I'm less confident about the ME trilogy haha, I think that's a much safer bet.

I'm still hoping we get RDR 1 in the RDR 2 engine.

At least with Mass Effect you already have fully functional PC versions, main thing it is missing is native controller support.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Tales of Vesperia:

7bab3849-d202-4c00-978a-e3fb5dd4e0b0.PNG

ebb15690-c49f-4270-b958-55dcec127cae.PNG

91aa033a-85d0-4140-a21c-1c566601d075.PNG

6aebfb30-d25a-430a-bd49-30f97161ef58.PNG

939d00e8-7857-487b-bfcb-e062d98bf4db.PNG

Anyone wanna pixel count?

Last edited:

aember

Oct 26, 2017
I'm still hoping we get RDR 1 in the RDR 2 engine.

At least with Mass Effect you already have fully functional PC versions, main thing it is missing is native controller support.
Native - yeah, but there's that mod that brings in proper controller support for both the first and second games I believe.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
What's going on with RE2 Remake? Why does it look blurry as fuck? Another Monster Hunter situation?

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So whats up with Quantum Break on the X ? Played through the first chapter and something just doesn't seem right.

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's a weird engine/technique. Temporal reconstruction or something if I remember right.

I thought it looked amazing on X and loved the game from start to finish.

Ah okay, it looks great for the most part - its mainly just this weird trail-like effect I'm noticing on some characters. Oh well, not a big deal for me.

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Going by Digital Foundries E3 video on Kingdom Hearts and watching some off screen gameplay cutscenes are 30FPS and gameplay is ~60. Going to assume that cutscenes will be 4K like Digital Foundry counted from the trailer and gameplay will be 1440p or something to hit near 60.

Solid! I still haven't upgraded to a 4K TV, so I'm hoping for a 1080/60 mode with other improvements. Worst-case we'll just get the one 4K/60 mode and I'll have to settle for supersampling.

I'm surprised they didn't mention any clarity differences between the X and Pro and also nothing on the absolutely fucked up contrast.

They said at the top of the video that a full analysis will have to wait for the retail release. They also later mentioned that the demo seems to be on an older build. I think that seems fair.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
I'm surprised they didn't mention any clarity differences between the X and Pro and also nothing on the absolutely fucked up contrast.

Yupp, very letdown. So much PC talk and nothing of the two biggest complaints, lol. The "old build" excuse doesn't work since nobody knows if it is or is not. Maybe reach out to Capcom or judge it on its own merits? I was really hoping this would help clear things up (no pun intended), but nope.

Oct 26, 2017
Solid! I still haven't upgraded to a 4K TV, so I'm hoping for a 1080/60 mode with other improvements. Worst-case we'll just get the one 4K/60 mode and I'll have to settle for supersampling.

They said at the top of the video that a full analysis will have to wait for the retail release. They also later mentioned that the demo seems to be on an older build. I think that seems fair.
Yupp, very letdown. So much PC talk and nothing of the two biggest complaints, lol. The "old build" excuse doesn't work since nobody knows if it is or is not. Maybe reach out to Capcom or judge it on its own merits? I was really hoping this would help clear things up (no pun intended), but nope.

I believe they mentioned that they played it in September and that build was very similar to this. That kinda worries me. But we'll see.

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I believe they mentioned that they played it in September and that build was very similar to this. That kinda worries me. But we'll see.

We shall see indeed! That mention of September gives me more hope actually. It could just be that they re-used the same demo rather than wasting development time on re-touching one with the improvements they've made since then.

Oct 26, 2017
We shall see indeed! That mention of September gives me more hope actually. It could just be that they re-used the same demo rather than wasting development time on re-touching one with the improvements they've made since then.

Hmm that's actually a possibility yeah.

If anything that's good news.

I read it as, back in September (which isn't crazy long ago) it was exactly like this and that would mean not much progress had been made. That is if this demo is brand new, from a new build I mean.

OP
OP
DJ Lushious

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Interestingly Ace Combat 7 used to be on the Xbox One X Enhanced list but has since been removed.
Yeah, what's going on with this one? Cuz I'm not buying it on the Xbone if it's not X Enhanced.
FuturaBold linked a PlayStation Lifestyle article a page or two back (depending on your settings). It referenced this WCCFTech article.

Will Xbox One X and/or PlayStation 4 Pro players be able to play the game at 4K resolution?

The resolution of Xbox One X and PlayStation Pro are better. On this occasion, we gave priority to raise the frame rate to allow players to have a more comfortable gameplay experience.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
OP
OP
DJ Lushious

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Tales of Vesperia:

7bab3849-d202-4c00-978a-e3fb5dd4e0b0.PNG

ebb15690-c49f-4270-b958-55dcec127cae.PNG

91aa033a-85d0-4140-a21c-1c566601d075.PNG

6aebfb30-d25a-430a-bd49-30f97161ef58.PNG

939d00e8-7857-487b-bfcb-e062d98bf4db.PNG

Anyone wanna pixel count?
I tried to pixel count and couldn't come up with a number that made any sense. So, that tells me I am terrible at pixel counting and should hang my head in shame.

Maybe someone who understands the process better can chime in. I took 2 samples:
12 pixel high by 8 samples = 0.6666666666666667
44 pixels high by 28 samples = 0.6363636363636364

Here's where I get lost and/or confuse myself. Let's go with the 44 pixel high sample, since it gives us more to work with. From what I understand, watching Digital Foundry's video, then I take the samples divided by the height, which gives 0.6363636363636364. Using this new number, I then multiply it by what? This where I get super confused. I fathom I use that number to then multiply different resolution numbers until it comes out to something. What resolution number do I use? Horizontal or vertical?

In my 44 pixel high count I got 28 samples across. Do I then use a horizontal resolution number to determine the count, ie 1920? I keep getting weird numbers no matter what I punch in, which tells me I am clearly doing something wrong.

Yeah, but outside of this one interview there's no indication of any resolution increase. Really isn't looking good
What isn't looking good? A resolution increase? If that's what you're looking for, then, yeah, it sounds like you're gonna be disappointed. The facts are (thus far), however, that the game is getting an enhancement in the realm of a higher frame rate. That's still an enhancement.

Hopefully we'll get more information, since the game comes out in 2 days, but WCCF Tech has proven to be a reliable resource during my experience curating the OP.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Definitely looks like AC7 is no longer going to be X enhanced, it no longer says it on the game page on the store either. Bizarre.

Will get it on the Pro if that is the case, at least the jet engine noises from the console will suit the game well.

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I tried to pixel count and couldn't come up with a number that made any sense. So, that tells me I am terrible at pixel counting and should hang my head in shame.

Maybe someone who understands the process better can chime in. I took 2 samples:

Here's where I get lost and/or confuse myself. Let's go with the 44 pixel high sample, since it gives us more to work with. From what I understand, watching Digital Foundry's video, then I take the samples divided by the height, which gives 0.6363636363636364. Using this new number, I then multiply it by what? This where I get super confused. I fathom I use that number to then multiply different resolution numbers until it comes out to something. What resolution number do I use? Horizontal or vertical?

In my 44 pixel high count I got 28 samples across. Do I then use a horizontal resolution number to determine the count, ie 1920? I keep getting weird numbers no matter what I punch in, which tells me I am clearly doing something wrong.

What isn't looking good? A resolution increase? If that's what you're looking for, then, yeah, it sounds like you're gonna be disappointed. The facts are (thus far), however, that the game is getting an enhancement in the realm of a higher frame rate. That's still an enhancement.

Hopefully we'll get more information, since the game comes out in 2 days, but WCCF Tech has proven to be a reliable resource during my experience curating the OP.
You honestly consider brute forcing an unlocked frame rate an enhancement? The game is already 1080/60 on PS4 Pro, this isn't an enhancement for X at all. If this is considered an enhancement then a ton of old games could be considered "enhanced" because they get brute forced.

A user on reddit has played the game on X and says it's extremely blurry, worst case scenario base Xbox One is 900p vs 1080p on PS4 and X doesn't even get 1080p if there is no enhancements. Surely this won't be the case.

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
1b9205ee-c0a4-4653-a00a-aa1c5d7c408a.PNG

Here's an Xbox One X screenshot of AC7, anyone care to pixel count? Some steps on the wings, looks like 900p to me there's a lot of jaggies but who knows. Will try my hand at pixel counting to be sure.

Last edited:

Kage Maru

Oct 27, 2017

Try 36 or 48 instead of 44. I'm not home or I'd check it out. I believe it's supposed to be 1080p on consoles though.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
So two games in a row that are bizarrely not X enhanced. Perhaps no coincidence they are from the same publisher. Strange when many indies have no issues X enhancing their games, and the fact that AC7 was previously on the X enhanced list is fuel for conspiracy theories.

AC7 was a day one for me in the X, now I'm debating whether to get it on the Pro or just not bother at all out of principle!

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
Ew...at this rate I'll go PC with AC7.

My guess is that they were really short on cash for the game. It's coming along with two behemoths like RE2 and KH3, it has bomba written all over it.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Darksiders Warmastered Edition is really nice with the enhancement. Though for some reason a bunch of volume sliders dropped to zero. After that smooth sailing.

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
My pixel counts of that image come to a native resolution of 1920x1080.
Thanks so much VGTech! Looks like it's 1080p/60 same as Pro, but the IQ really isn't great there's a lot of CA and the AA they're using is pretty rough. Can't decide if I should buy it or not, would be especially frustrated if they patch in X Enhancements later on.

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica
Just saw Digital Foundry´s analysis. Ace Combat 7 IS X enhanced, is just that its mostly used to stay in 60fps while in 1080p.

A disappointment overall compared to the PS4 Pro version that is also 1080p and stays in 60fps a bit more. Seems like a the X was not prioritized when compared to the Pro and VR options from Sony.

Still, it looks gorgeous and its almost a locked 60fps in X so, that's something.

Last edited: