• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniffynose

Oct 30, 2017
My god Titanfall 2 is epic on the X....

I also grabbed The Evil Within 2 and it looks really clean and runs great too so far, just wish it had HDR it would have been epic

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Recore gameplay screens from a 1080p display, for reference on the IQ changes:

0ab17062-debe-4618-b6nrkz6.png

425d3bd3-c16b-44da-advdjhj.png

Kage Maru

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure I'm in the minority when saying this, but I like the art in Recore. It has technical flaws but I do like the art direction.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Did Forza Horizon 3 get a good X update? Playing it for the first time, I wasn't that impressed. But maybe thats because it is 30fps?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Oh shit, I'm confused.
Which mode should I select in Rise of the Tomb Raider as 1080p user?

Better graphics, better fps or native 4k? In the better graphics box stands it also has 4k Resolution, so now I don't know. It was clear on the Pro version, there was the option with the super sampling a better choice than the better graphics without super sampling, but better graphics has super sampling too here.

Help. D:

Ayrtonsenna84

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh shit, I'm confused.

Better graphics, better fps or native 4k? In the better graphics box stands it also has 4k Resolution, so now I don't know. It was clear on the Pro version, there was the option with the super sampling a better choice than the better graphics without super sampling, but better graphics has super sampling too here.

Help. D:
I play it in native 4K Mode on a 4K TV and It looks incredible.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Same here. Pretty annoying as it ruins the SP experience for me. Not gonna continue the SP until it's fixed.

Pretty underwhelming graphics too. Hardly a step up from the PS4 Pro version.

I doubt they will fix it to be honest, haven't heard many people mention it. It's almost feels the stuffed frame pacing of FFXV on PS4 except slightly less frequent.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Oh shit, I'm confused.

Help. D:

Best graphics imo. It still downsamples from a pretty big resolution so it will look very sharp and you get all the extra stuff also with improved shadows etc.

vsMIC

Oct 31, 2017
Oh shit, I'm confused.

Help. D:

also strughling with that myself, constantly switching between enriched and high frames. looks good in all, but currently i prefer the smothness of high fps, feels really good.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Just out of interest, how does Geothermal Valley look on the 1X? I remember that even downsampled from 4K on PC it still looked kinda jaggy.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
also strughling with that myself, constantly switching between enriched and high frames. looks good in all, but currently i prefer the smothness of high fps, feels really good.

Nah, that mode is out of question for me, it looks so, SO much better in the other ones, that I couldn't care less for more FPS. ^^

But I decided, I choose the enriched mode, watched the last DF video about RotTR again and this is the way to go here and actually better than just native 4k.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Oh shit, I'm confused.

Help. D:

Go for enriched mode for maximum shinies and adaptive 4K supersampled to 1080p

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Just out of interest, how does Geothermal Valley look on the 1X? I remember that even downsampled from 4K on PC it still looked kinda jaggy.

My old save file from the game's launch was parked at Geothermal and I did a quick run from one of the caveside camps into the village when I got the game installed. IQ-wise, on Enriched setting, it still looks kinda muddy but it seemed performance was ironed out — smooth, consistent delivery of 30fps as I wandered into the village.

But kind of muddy textures and the constant flux of LOD in the area still kinda stuck out IQ-wise.

Also worth noting that this is the first time I've played the XB1 version again since launch and I'm very glad to report that input lag is significantly reduced and it feels on par with other 30fps games that don't have severe input lag issues.

SleepSmasher

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
As amazing as Tomb Raider looks, they could have worked on it just a liiiiitle bit more, cause, what the hell is this? :D

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Edge Sangral/video/39463570

Also, the screen is glitching a little bit every time I pop up the Xbox Guide. Scary. But besides that, it looks amazing, the Screenshot Thread will be bombed later.
Heh, that's some motherfucking LOD changes you got there. Probably a glitch though, never noticed such radical LOD changes during my playthrough.

Desless1

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
My god Titanfall 2 is epic on the X....

I also grabbed The Evil Within 2 and it looks really clean and runs great too so far, just wish it had HDR it would have been epic

Just wrapped up the campaign, like 5 min ago. What an amazing experience.

The game is absolutely delivering a smashing story and the console pretty damn good visuals.

Now I'm sad for the EA and Respawn deal...

RetroGiant

Oct 25, 2017
I was able to snag Shadow of War yesterday for $10. Does the download automatically have all the 4k assets and textures? Only thing I saw extra was 4k cinematics to download.

XxLeonV

Nov 8, 2017
Oh shit, I'm confused.

Help. D:

The cool thing is that regardless the option you pick, you get the high res textures. That's something the PS4 Pro version didn't get.

36 Chambers

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I load up my external hard drive to move my games and stuff to my new X.

Load everything up abd Gears 4, Halo 5 and Halo wars 2 need small updates. No problem right? All are between a couple hundred mb and gb, nothing major.

Except, like always, it's redownloading the entire games. This is so frustrating and not the first time it's happened to me. So now o have the guts of 240gb waiting to.be downloaded before I can play. Can't find anyrhing definitive online about what cause this or what I'm doing wrong.

Oh well, my weekend is ruined.

Jrs3000

Oct 26, 2017
USA

Load everything up abd Gears 4, Halo 5 and Halo wars 2 need small updates. No problem right? All are between a couple hundred mb and gb, nothing major.

Except, like always, it's redownloading the entire games. This is so frustrating and not the first time it's happened to me. So now o have the guts of 240gb waiting to.be downloaded before I can play. Can't find anyrhing definitive online about what cause this or what I'm doing wrong.

Very odd, I never ran across this problem. Break it down step by step. I have a 8tb I used. I downloaded all 4k patches on xb1 before hand. When I got my x I plugged it up and ran through setup signing in. Waited a few it detected my drive and games an I was gaming.

baconcow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Small updates? Are you talking about the Xbox One X enhanced updates? Those are huge.

36 Chambers

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Very odd, I never ran across this problem. Break it down step by step. I have a 8tb I used. I downloaded all 4k patches on xb1 before hand. When I got my x I plugged it up and ran through setup signing in. Waited a few it detected my drive and games an I was gaming.
This issue isn't exclusive to My new X, it's been happening on my old Xbox One for quite a while as well.

I use the keep my games and apps updated feature, but sometimes the updates won't trigger automatically. Halo 5 is motorious for this. Whenever there is an update, and the game tells me I need a 600mb update, I hit confirm. Then in my games and apps it will begin downloading all 97 gigs or whatever and even have the balls to say "updating" on it.

Or some games give me the "installation stopped" whenever I try and download them at all. Titanfall 2 for example I can't download at all.

All.my games are digital, across multiple consoles and hard drives. Same account. Seen a few others mention this problem on Halo wars 2 forums with no solutions or reasons it happens. It's a pain.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't expect old games like Metal Gear Rising to get a patch but does it run very much better on the X? My set's coming in next week and I'm tempted to rebuy it since it's on sale (my original copy was for the PS4).

ReitStuff

Oct 30, 2017
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but does the XBox One X have anything equivalent to the PS4 Pro Boost Mode? I'm interested in replaying Tomb Raider: Definititive Edition and on PS4 Pro, the frame rate is improved in Boost Mode. Does the X have anything like that?

X1 Two

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Or some games give me the "installation stopped" whenever I try and download them at all. Titanfall 2 for example I can't download at all.

All.my games are digital, across multiple consoles and hard drives. Same account. Seen a few others mention this problem on Halo wars 2 forums with no solutions or reasons it happens. It's a pain.

Sounds like a broken HDD to me. Or issues with your Live authentication.

Status
Not open for further replies.